PDA

View Full Version : If the Chiefs still had Vermeil what postion would we be in now?

Wendychili14
06-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Makes me wonder...

KurtCobain
06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Superbowl last year. Green would still be our QB(he wouldnt have made that run) and Al Saunders would become our head coach this year.

Logical
06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
We probably would still have Roaf, we might still have Shields we would still likely have an awesome offense. Unfortunately we would still have a bottom 10 defense.

RadeAM
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Probably more Red OLD than we need.

Wendychili14
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Savaii All the way!

chiefbowe82
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Ryan Sims, and Eric Hicks holding down the fort.

Wendychili14
06-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Dont forget savaii

Reaper16
06-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I'll take where we're at right now (an above average team with an emerging defensive unit that is only getting younger) over what we'd be with Vermeil, which would be an average team that is really old and excels on neither side of the ball.

CoMoChief
06-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Well, there's no way in blue hell Green would be on the trading block. Not really saying that's a bad thing though. Other than that this team would be so far worse off than it is now given DV's ability to draft quality players. We'd still be old as shit because of his love affair he has for veterans playing. Roaf and Shields would still be retired IMO and we would probably have WR Santonio Holmes on our team.

Do_the_Dew
06-01-2007, 03:27 AM
I'd accept the team we have now over the Vermeil team.

58-4ever
06-01-2007, 03:49 AM
We would not be getting significantly younger.

Miles
06-01-2007, 04:19 AM
Probably would have had highly similar results last season but with more offense than defense. However, I really doubt that the outlook on the future would be as decent is as it is right now under Herm.

SPchief
06-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Ryan Sims would be starting at DT

Deberg_1990
06-01-2007, 04:34 AM
14-2 last year. Super Bowl win

DV would have went out on top!!

InChiefsHell
06-01-2007, 08:42 AM
DV got out for a reason...even he could see the writing on the wall...his precious offense was getting old and he didn't have a clue how to draft quality replacements. Then of course, you look at the _efense, and you realize that we would be a mediocre team at best with aging players that all still get the starting nod, simply because of their experience.

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 08:49 AM
DV got out for a reason...even he could see the writing on the wall...his precious offense was getting old and he didn't have a clue how to draft quality replacements. Then of course, you look at the _efense, and you realize that we would be a mediocre team at best with aging players that all still get the starting nod, simply because of their experience.

Best response yet.....

DV knew the end was near....

Rep to you!

Frazod
06-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Ryan Sims, and Eric Hicks holding down the fort.

And we'd have resigned Jordan Black to a huge, multi-year contract, because he's the best offensive lineman that Dick has ever seen. :whackit:

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 09:07 AM
At some point it will be refreshing to have a new outlook and a fresh management staff at Arrowhead..

Carl and his cronie coaches have all outstayed their welcomes...

It really is time for new life and hope for the Chiefs...

ChiefsFan4Life
06-01-2007, 09:12 AM
We probably would still have Roaf, we might still have Shields we would still likely have an awesome offense. Unfortunately we would still have a bottom 10 defense.

Still have Roaf? How do you figure? Didn't Roaf say that part of the reason he is going is BECAUSE of DV (and the long practices)?

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Still have Roaf? How do you figure? Didn't Roaf say that part of the reason he is going is BECAUSE of DV (and the long practices)?

Roaf as much as said that DV shortened his career by 2-3 years....

DV was so enamored about building an offense to prove STL's offense wasnt all Martz, that he took what was a strong suit of his team and ran it into the ground to prove his point.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2007, 10:00 AM
prolly

keg in kc
06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
My guess is that we'd have gone 5-11 or 6-10, shown the same decline on offense without the same improvement on defense or contributions by young players. No Tamba Hali, no Bernie Pollard, no Jarrad Page. We wouldn't have drafted Brodie Croyle. Vermeil would have left this offseason, we'd be a year behind on rebuilding with no young talent on the roster, and I have no idea who our new HC would be, but it wouldn't be Herman Edwards. My guess is that he'd be coming off a 10- or 11-win season in New York.

Pestilence
06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
We would have just gotten done drafting 1st overall. And LJ would be playing for someone else.

GoHuge
06-01-2007, 10:28 AM
OLD

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 10:30 AM
My guess is that we'd have gone 5-11 or 6-10, shown the same decline on offense without the same improvement on defense or contributions by young players. No Tamba Hali, no Bernie Pollard, no Jarrad Page. We wouldn't have drafted Brodie Croyle. Vermeil would have left this offseason, we'd be a year behind on rebuilding with no young talent on the roster, and I have no idea who our new HC would be, but it wouldn't be Herman Edwards. My guess is that he'd be coming off a 10- or 11-win season in New York.

ROFL.... Your kidding right?

Fat Elvis
06-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Weepin DV would be saying,"Time to take my diapers off."

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be in reference to a metaphor.

keg in kc
06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Your kidding right?I don't see why he wouldn't have. They won 10 last year, with a roster he largely put together. It would've followed his career trend, as well.

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't see why he wouldn't have. They won 10 last year, with a roster he largely put together. It would've followed his career trend, as well.

When has Herms Career trend ever involve winning 11 regular season games?

I dont doubt he would of had a strong team last year... But I also can see the same end result for both as well....

SithCeNtZ
06-01-2007, 10:49 AM
The fetal position, obviously.

htismaqe
06-01-2007, 10:50 AM
We'd be a 3-13 team if we still had Vermeil.

Roaf and Shields would have still retired - Roaf even said as much. The offense would have started the inevitable decline while the defense would have continued to suck.

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 11:07 AM
We'd be a 3-13 team if we still had Vermeil.

Roaf and Shields would have still retired - Roaf even said as much. The offense would have started the inevitable decline while the defense would have continued to suck.

That I dont doubt... DV was here to prove he could build the leagues #1 offense, nothing else....

htismaqe
06-01-2007, 12:13 PM

To be fair, Herm's career is only 6 seasons. While some very valid assumptions can certainly be made (like the one you've made), it's kind of hard to "trend" with so little data to work from...

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Superbowl last year. Green would still be our QB(he wouldnt have made that run) and Al Saunders would become our head coach this year.Dream the f**k on!
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
14-2 last year. Super Bowl win

DV would have went out on top!!I will assume this is tongue-in-cheek...

Brock
06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
running in place, never getting anywhere

DJ_is_the_realdeal
06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU GUYS SEE IN VERMEIL! There is no crying in football. Our team would be horrible if he was our coach! He is good guy but loyal to a fault. Hicks and Sims would still be here and the team would be old as hell. I think Herm is good coach and he is bringing back the defense that people feared in the 90's. We are upgrading our defense and if the o-line can make way for LJ we are going to the playoffs. Yeah we had a good offense but where did we go with that. Thats right no where. Do you remember watching games and we were up by 21 and saying to yourself. We are going to lose this game because you knew our defense couldn't stop anyone. Im glad herm is here.

keg in kc
06-01-2007, 12:29 PM

I dont doubt he would of had a strong team last year... But I also can see the same end result for both as well....Oh, I didn't realize you'd only bolded that part, I thought you'd bolded 10 as well.

I was basically just saying they'd have had the same kind of season they did....

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh, I didn't realize you'd only bolded that part, I thought you'd bolded 10 as well.

I was basically just saying they'd have had the same kind of season they did....

Agreed.... No better no worse...

Reerun_KC
06-01-2007, 12:31 PM
WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU GUYS SEE IN VERMEIL! There is no crying in football. Our team would be horrible if he was our coach! He is good guy but loyal to a fault. Hicks and Sims would still be here and the team would be old as hell. I think Herm is good coach and he is bringing back the defense that people feared in the 90's. We are upgrading our defense and if the o-line can make way for LJ we are going to the playoffs. Yeah we had a good offense but where did we go with that. Thats right no where. Do you remember watching games and we were up by 21 and saying to yourself. We are going to lose this game because you knew our defense couldn't stop anyone. Im glad herm is here.

Putting the cart before the horse are we?

Chiefaholic
06-01-2007, 12:41 PM
If Vermeil was still here, the offensive line would still suck, we'de score far less points, the the defense would still be near the bottom of the league. We'de still have players on the roster because they're "model citizens off the field". And we would had drafted in the top 10 last year.