PDA

View Full Version : How many here have actually held federally recognized security clearances?

Slick32
06-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Just wondering.

Cochise
06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
wtf would this be a public poll?

Bowser
06-01-2007, 11:01 AM
If someone admitted to have above Top Secret clearance, they would be in a world of trouble, I'm guessing.

Donger
06-01-2007, 11:05 AM
No comment.

crazycoffey
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM
WTF would anyone take this seriously.....

wilas101
06-01-2007, 11:27 AM
WTF would anyone take this seriously.....

everyone obviously.

My top secret clearance was gained right after I graduated from Ninja school.

I was very proud. :P

Radar Chief
06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
If someone admitted to have above Top Secret clearance, they would be in a world of trouble, I'm guessing.

For simpley stating your clearance? Naw.
Now if that person we to go running their yapper about classified, or above, information then yea. That’d get a guy turning big rocks into little ones at Ft. Leavenworth for a long, long time.

Radar Chief
06-01-2007, 11:34 AM
everyone obviously.

My top secret clearance was gained right after I graduated from Ninja school.

I was very proud. :P

You have to pass the interview for a Top Secret clearance before they send you to Ninja School. Duh.
Besides, Ninja School requires “Toppity of the Toppy Toppest Super Duper Secret” clearance.
All Ninja’s know that, just ask Chuck Norris. Oops I think I’ve said too much. ;)

Nightwish
06-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Just wondering.
And once they answer, how many should we believe?

jAZ
06-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Welcome back Tom.

KC-TBB
06-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I held a Double Top Secret Clearance...it was granted to watch geeks that vote on bulletin boards.

patteeu
06-01-2007, 11:48 AM

In my case, I can't tell you exactly what it was, but I can admit that it was an SCI clearance without any worries.

patteeu
06-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I held a Double Top Secret Clearance...it was granted to watch geeks that vote on bulletin boards.

:LOL:

patteeu
06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Honorary security clearances granted by antiwar.com don't count. :p

Donger
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
In my case, I can't tell you exactly what it was, but I can admit that it was an SCI clearance without any worries.

TK?

BucEyedPea
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm a millenium Mata Hari for the WoT. People think I'm just a ME belly dancer but I use my powers of seduction to extract secrets. :)

RJ
06-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I do not have top secret clearance, so far as I know. Which may mean I do have top secret clearance but can't be told about it because of the sensitive nature of my work that I don't know I do.

patteeu
06-01-2007, 12:01 PM
TK?

Tommy Kat? I have no further comment. :p

go bowe
06-01-2007, 12:11 PM
I do not have top secret clearance, so far as I know. Which may mean I do have top secret clearance but can't be told about it because of the sensitive nature of my work that I don't know I do.i don't love it... LMAO LMAO LMAO

go bowe
06-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Honorary security clearances granted by antiwar.com don't count. :pwhat's this?

honorary and antiwar.com in the same sentence?

doesn't seem right somehow...

Donger
06-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Tommy Kat? I have no further comment. :p

ROFL

Cochise
Where does my "Licensed boobie inspector" t-shirt put me on this scale?

Cochise
Welcome back Tom.

Tom's like the love bumps... he never really leaves.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I have proudly served my country in the Naval Reserve as a Top Secret confidential officer guy.

siberian khatru
06-01-2007, 12:39 PM
I could vote in this poll, but then I'd have to kill you all.

Deberg_1990
06-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Lots of veterans on this board. Id guess there are quite a few...whether they admit it or not...thats a different story.

StcChief
06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Secret req'd to work at the big airplane factory in STL.

gone now and all was erased from my memory

Slick32
06-01-2007, 02:17 PM
And once they answer, how many should we believe?

Doesn't matter, it was a question of integrity. I don't have one but I saw many people in another thread speaking with assumed authority about security clearances.

Should anyone here be offended? Doesn't matter again.

For what I do I get to see everything I need to see to get my job done.

BucEyedPea
06-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Where does my "Licensed boobie inspector" t-shirt put me on this scale?
I thought your t-shirt said" "Amateur Gynecologist." :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Doesn't matter, it was a question of integrity.
Which you have none of.

go bowe
06-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Welcome back Tom.what's his new user name?

it's always good to be prepared (at least that's what they told me in boy scouts back in the day)...

Slick32
06-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Which you have none of.So says who? Oh yes, someone with less than he says I have? Probably!

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 02:47 PM
So says who? Oh yes, someone with less than he says I have? Probably!
You are morally bankrupt.

noa
06-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Doesn't matter, it was a question of integrity. I don't have one but I saw many people in another thread speaking with assumed authority about security clearances.

The day that a poll convinces posters in the DC forum to stop acting like we know everything and to start posting with integrity is the day the Chiefs win their 8th Super Bowl. :p

Slick32
06-01-2007, 03:12 PM
You are morally bankrupt.

That may be, but I'm sure that you got there first.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 03:19 PM
That may be, but I'm sure that you got there first.
Your goal is of a dubious nature, jewish zealot.

Slick32
06-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Your goal is of a dubious nature, jewish zealot.

Continue your game, whatever it is. It's obvious that you have nothing of value to add to this board.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Continue your game, whatever it is. It's obvious that you have nothing of value to add to this board.
All aboard the Chiefs Express!

vailpass
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Apparently half of CP holds a TS/SCI with a full scope poly.
Who woulda' thunk it?

Radar Chief
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Who woulda' thunk it?

Yea but now that you know that we have to kill you. ;)

Slick32
06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Just a note:

Those of you that checked the above TS are full of something other than apples.

TS is as high as it goes and that is segmented into several sections.

noa
06-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Just a note:

Yeah, that's what they told you. But I know the truth.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Just a note:

That's a lie.

Cochise
06-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Just a note:

You don't know anything about me. How do you know I don't have a security clearance?

patteeu
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Just a note:

That's a semantic argument, but not a very good one.

patteeu
06-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Who woulda' thunk it?

I think we need a new private forum where we can discuss matters that are too sensitive for the general population here in DC.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I think we need a new private forum where we can discuss matters that are too sensitive for the general population here in DC.
It's called "Toms Private Message inbox"

patteeu
06-01-2007, 04:28 PM
I think we should all point and laugh at ForwardDante because he's only had a confidential clearance. He probably doesn't even know what really crashed at Roswell. ;)

Slick32
06-01-2007, 04:42 PM
You don't know anything about me. How do you know I don't have a security clearance?

I know that you don't have a security clearance above Top Secret. I don't have to know you for that.

patteeu
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I know that you don't have a security clearance above Top Secret. I don't have to know you for that.

From the website (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/security.htm) you linked in the other thread:

In the military, all classified information is divided into one of three categories:

CONFIDENTIAL: Applied to information or material the unauthorized disclosure of which could be reasonably expected to cause damage to the national security.

SECRET: Applied to information or material the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause serious damage to the national security.

TOP SECRET: Applied to information or material the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security.

In addition to the above, some classified information is so sensitive that even the extra protection measures applied to Top Secret information are not sufficient. This information is known as "Sensitive Compartmented Information" (SCI) or Special Access Programs (SAP), and one needs special "SCI Access" or SAP approval to be given access to this information.

It's a matter of semantics as to whether one would consider access to compartmented programs "above Top Secret." Given the way you created the poll, it's natural to assume that by "above Top Secret" you meant to refer to this type of access.

jAZ
06-01-2007, 05:02 PM
I have Double Super Secret Clearance, so I had no choice but to vote for option #1.

I guess Tom Cash doesn't have enough clearance to know about my clearance level.

I can only post about it here because of the Double Super Secret Privacy that my screen name permits me.

One request of everyone here, though. Please don't mention this post to anyone. Thanks.

StcChief
06-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I have Double Super Secret Clearance, so I had no choice but to vote for option #1.

I guess - ahem, shut your mouth - doesn't have enough clearance to know about my clearance level.

I can only post about it here because of the Double Super Secret Privacy that my screen name permits me.

One request of everyone here, though. Please don't mention this post to anyone. Thanks.
so now your on Double Secret Probation :p

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 05:14 PM
He's a native American. They have special privileges.

Slick32
06-01-2007, 05:27 PM
From the website (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/security.htm) you linked in the other thread:

It's a matter of semantics as to whether one would consider access to compartmented programs "above Top Secret." Given the way you created the poll, it's natural to assume that by "above Top Secret" you meant to refer to this type of access.

TS/SCI Should tell you everything you need to know.

The background checks for TS/SCI, TS/SAP and TS is the same. The segmented portions just grants access you wouldn't normally get with TS.

Slick32
06-01-2007, 05:27 PM

I guess - ahem, shut your mouth - doesn't have enough clearance to know about my clearance level.

:rolleyes:

RJ
06-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I have an insecurity clearance.

trndobrd
06-01-2007, 06:02 PM

The background checks for TS/SCI, TS/SAP and TS is the same. The segmented portions just grants access you wouldn't normally get with TS.

That's not the way you worded your poll. It was "what clearance do you have?" not, "what background checks have you gone through?".

A person might have a TS, but not SAP for any particular program. "Jim" with TS/SCI would arguably have a 'higher' clearance than "Mike" with a straight TS since "Jim" is authorized to see stuff that "Mike" in not (need to know considerations not withstanding).

Using that logic, what is the background check requirement for handling Confidential materials and why are Confidential and NOFORN on your poll?

Nightwish
06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
You have to pass the interview for a Top Secret clearance before they send you to Ninja School. Duh.
Besides, Ninja School requires “Toppity of the Toppy Toppest Super Duper Secret” clearance.
All Ninja’s know that, just ask Chuck Norris. Oops I think I’ve said too much. ;)I have "Toppity Toppity of the Toppy Toppest Super Duper Uper-Uber Secret w/ Cherries on Top" clearance from the government of Cocopuff, my old Jennifer Government: Nation States country, which is probably now buried under sixteen feet of weeds, and its populace regressed to a hunter-gatherer society, since I haven't kept it up in more than a year.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 07:46 PM

patteeu
06-01-2007, 08:07 PM

Whatever, man. Like I said, you're making a semantic argument. There is nothing in your poll that suggests that the background check is *the* defining factor in your poll's definition of clearance level. That you included a category of "Above Top Secret" suggests otherwise even if you were secretly asking what you thought was a clever trick question. The fact remains that there is vanilla Top Secret and then there is compartmentalized information that is more strictly restricted than vanilla Top Secret info. Whether that's "above" or not is a matter of semantics.

I don't really care which way we use the terminology, but I suggest that before you accuse your respondents of being FOS, you learn how to write a better poll.

Nightwish
06-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Whatever, man. Like I said, you're making a semantic argument. There is nothing in your poll that suggests that the background check is *the* defining factor in your poll's definition of clearance level. That you included a category of "Above Top Secret" suggests otherwise even if you were secretly asking what you thought was a clever trick question. The fact remains that there is vanilla Top Secret and then there is compartmentalized information that is more strictly restricted than vanilla Top Secret info. Whether that's "above" or not is a matter of semantics.

I don't really care which way we use the terminology, but I suggest that before you accuse your respondents of being FOS, you learn how to write a better poll.
If Slick is Tom, as some surmise, then you're wasting your time. The only knowledge he has of any of those clearance codes is what he was able to pull up on Google.

Slick32
06-01-2007, 08:24 PM

I added the above Top Secret to determine how many that were talking about clearances on the other thread had any idea about what they were discussing. It seems by the nonsensical responses received on this thread that they were caught in their arrogance.

The poll was written to expose those that are trying to pass themselves off as experts in a field that they are not qualified to speak of, not because they can't read what is said on the link I provided, but further that they have never been exposed to going through the actual process.

A Confidential clearance can be issued by a lesser authority. A Secret Clearance is approved with a simple background records check. A Top Secret is a complete background check that can take up to three years to complete. Top Secret, as defined in the link and by at least one poster here, does not grant you access unless there is a need to know. SCI and SAP are access levels of Top Secret, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that and surely if you had been issued a federal TS clearance you would have a better understanding of the levels.

Believe it or not, that's just about the way it is.

Nightwish
06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
It seems by the nonsensical responses received on this thread that they were caught in their arrogance.Even for someone like you, Tom, it seems odd that you would miss the note of sarcasm in all those nonsensical responses treating this thread like the joke that it is. Why is it such a joke, you ask? Why, because you are the very person people first think of when they think of posters who have made false claims of top secret clearance, for the glamour. Have you already forgotten?

Slick32
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Even for someone like you, Tom, it seems odd that you would miss the note of sarcasm in all those nonsensical responses treating this thread like the joke that it is. Why is it such a joke, you ask? Why, because you are the very person people first think of when they think of posters who have made false claims of top secret clearance, for the glamour. Have you already forgotten?

You seem to have a false impression of what kind of Clearance I've had in the military, but that isn't an issue because I experienced it. Because you can't or don't believe me is not pertinent to the thread.

Just in case anyone reading doesn't know, this is Tom. If you still have problems with what I say, by all means use the ignore function. If you do though, be prepared to miss out on your usual fun. I can take it just in case you haven't figured it out.

Return the email and I'll see what I can do to send a validation of my clearance if you truly have a desire for the truth.

Donger
06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
I added the above Top Secret to determine how many that were talking about clearances on the other thread had any idea about what they were discussing. It seems by the nonsensical responses received on this thread that they were caught in their arrogance.

The poll was written to expose those that are trying to pass themselves off as experts in a field that they are not qualified to speak of, not because they can't read what is said on the link I provided, but further that they have never been exposed to going through the actual process.

Or, conversely, those of us who figured out who you are before responding decided to have some fun with you.

Seems you've been had, Edward.

Better luck on your next counter-op.

Logical
06-01-2007, 08:52 PM
You seem to have a false impression of what kind of Clearance I've had in the military, but that isn't an issue because I experienced it. Because you can't or don't believe me is not pertinent to the thread.

Just in case anyone reading doesn't know, this is Tom. If you still have problems with what I say, by all means use the ignore function. If you do though, be prepared to miss out on your usual fun. I can take it just in case you haven't figured it out.

Return the email and I'll see what I can do to send a validation of my clearance if you truly have a desire for the truth.

So Voldemortom how long before you get this identity banned?

Slick32
06-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Or, conversely, those of us who figured out who you are before responding decided to have some fun with you.

Seems you've been had, Edward.

Better luck on your next counter-op.

Right. I'm sure you knew. NOT.

Slick32
06-01-2007, 09:29 PM
So Voldemortom how long before you get this identity banned?

I don't have to do anything to get banned. Watch. mr. nonlogical.

Donger
06-01-2007, 09:32 PM

I didn't know. I suspected with a high level of certainty.

Slick32
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I didn't know. I suspected with a high level of certainty.

In the whole scheme of things what does it matter? I've posted some pretty good stuff from time to time and those of you that tend to disagree with anything I've put up before didn't get pissy until today.

Knowing a name changes the content?

Is that really what this board is about? Cliques?

Donger
06-01-2007, 09:40 PM
In the whole scheme of things what does it matter? I've posted some pretty good stuff from time to time and those of you that tend to disagree with anything I've put up before didn't get pissy until today.

Knowing a name changes the content?

Is that really what this board is about? Cliques?

Why do people rubberneck at accidents or watch bad movies more than once?

If you want to be a part of this community, perhaps you could sign up as you and abide by the rules?

Slick32
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Why do people rubberneck at accidents or watch bad movies more than once?

If you want to be a part of this community, perhaps you could sign up as you and abide by the rules?

Which rule has been broken?

Donger
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM

Why have you been repeatedly banned?

Saulbadguy
06-01-2007, 09:43 PM
ALL OF THEM

patteeu
06-01-2007, 09:56 PM

A Confidential clearance can be issued by a lesser authority. A Secret Clearance is approved with a simple background records check. A Top Secret is a complete background check that can take up to three years to complete. Top Secret, as defined in the link and by at least one poster here, does not grant you access unless there is a need to know. SCI and SAP are access levels of Top Secret, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that and surely if you had been issued a federal TS clearance you would have a better understanding of the levels.

You are wrong. Your poll failed to accomplish its stated objective.

go bowe
06-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Continue your game, whatever it is. It's obvious that you have nothing of value to add to this board.obvious?

people who tell other people that they have nothing to of value to add to the board are ****ing assholes...

it's obvious to me that YOU don't have anything of value to add to the board either...

wtf? you're a n00b too?

wait here while i call skip to take out the trash...

trndobrd
06-01-2007, 11:34 PM

Need to know is required for all levels of security clearance from Confidential on up. That is an absolute requirement for access to any classified information.

If you want to play word games, your question also asked who had a "Federal" security clearance, not a DOD security clearance. Since you seem fixated on background checks as a defining criteria, no military clearance would fit your question.

listopencil
06-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm not at liberty to say.

Ebolapox
06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Just a note:

uh uh! I read tom clancy and know more about spooks than you! :spock:

listopencil
06-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I almost forgot, has anyone read this book?

Logical
06-01-2007, 11:59 PM
You are wrong. Your poll failed to accomplish its stated objective.

Not really, his intent is always to draw attention to himself and then tell other they are lesser human beings than him in one way or another. He has once again accomplished that and turned the BB populace against him again. I am sure he is quite pleased with himself.

trndobrd
06-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Not really, his intent is always to draw attention to himself and then tell other they are lesser human beings than him in one way or another. He has once again accomplished that and turned the BB populace against him again. I am sure he is quite pleased with himself.

Why go to all the trouble to make a poll? Wouldn't it be easier to tell everyone they've never negotiated anything and they pay too much for their kids clothes?

Frazod
06-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I see that Tom's still busy winning hearts and minds. Apparently his contempt for Phil has oozed onto the rest of us. Hopefully his latest incarnation will be banned by the time I get back from Yosemite.

I had Top Secret clearance when I was in the Navy, but I never saw a Top Secret document. I remember seeing a couple of documents marked Secret, both of which were ridiculously mundane, and a handful of Confidential documents, which were even more mundane.

Apparently my job wasn't terribly interesting.

Saggysack
06-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Secret clearance in the military. Didn't mean jack shit.

Phobia
06-02-2007, 12:28 AM

No kidding. When is dude gonna get a new schtick?

Bowser
06-02-2007, 12:49 AM

I'm sure he didn't. I know I didn't. I'm sure most of us didn't.

But I'm sure you've grossly overestimated how much we all collectively give a f*ck.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:17 AM
I see that Tom's still busy winning hearts and minds. Apparently his contempt for Phil has oozed onto the rest of us. Hopefully his latest incarnation will be banned by the time I get back from Yosemite.

I had Top Secret clearance when I was in the Navy, but I never saw a Top Secret document. I remember seeing a couple of documents marked Secret, both of which were ridiculously mundane, and a handful of Confidential documents, which were even more mundane.

Apparently my job wasn't terribly interesting.

You seem to have a problem with Phil. I don't. That doesn't mean that I agree with him but your POV is incorrect.

What did you do in the Navy? What was your rate?

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm sure he didn't. I know I didn't. I'm sure most of us didn't.

But I'm sure you've grossly overestimated how much we all collectively give a f*ck.

You seem to be laboring under a misconception. I have only a couple of friends that post on this site. If you feel I need your approval you have more of a problem than you might be aware of.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:19 AM
No kidding. When is dude gonna get a new schtick? On the same day that you and the rest do.

There are no exemptions here. Everyone is exactly the same in what they have been doing. Take a look and be objective.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Secret clearance in the military. Didn't mean jack shit.

Depends on what you did.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Using that logic, what is the background check requirement for handling Confidential materials and why are Confidential and NOFORN on your poll?

Confidential is a clearance level. NORORN is not on the poll. Other is.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Why have you been repeatedly banned?

Let me be a little more clear. What rules have I broken with this login?

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:25 AM
obvious?

people who tell other people that they have nothing to of value to add to the board are ****ing assholes...

it's obvious to me that YOU don't have anything of value to add to the board either...

wtf? you're a n00b too?

wait here while i call skip to take out the trash...

The person that response was sent to was attempting to change the direction of the thread and start a different pissing contest. I won't participate in what he was trying to do.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Need to know is required for all levels of security clearance from Confidential on up. That is an absolute requirement for access to any classified information.

If you want to play word games, your question also asked who had a "Federal" security clearance, not a DOD security clearance. Since you seem fixated on background checks as a defining criteria, no military clearance would fit your question.

A federal clearance and a DoD clearance would be investigated by the same agencies.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:28 AM
ALL OF THEM

Care to prove that statement? I'm sure you can't.

Sully
06-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I have Super Duper Tip Top Clearance...

...but only in Cali.

Ebolapox
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
on a serious note, my woman's grandpa (won't say which one, though it likely doesn't matter) had a very high clearance in both his military and civilian careers, he was a top scientist with the national weather service, lived/researched on antartica (he has a glacier named after him), and helped develop many early (now unclassified) technologies (early transister/processor, a LOT of weather technologies, let's just say he'd be a billionaire had his research come in the private sector and not while he was in the military, as they owned it from the moment he came up with all of his ideas)

the scuttlebutt in my woman's family is that her uncle is some retired highly placed CIA op... his cover (supposedly) is that he was a mechanic, but every time he went out of the country, he ranked out at full bird colonel... interestingly enough, he let it slip many years ago (while drunk) that it was weird being the last man out of tehran after the 'official' evacuation... history will tell us that the unofficial last man out of tehran after it hit the fan was a cia agent code named rager... before he retired last year, he spent a lot of time in iraq and afghanistan before the regimes of those countries fell... the joke (in her family) is that if one wanted to know when something in the world was going to go down, one just paid attention to when her uncle traveled out of the country

*note* not that I believe he's rager, but if he WAS, his clearance would have to be pretty high one assumes.

patteeu
06-02-2007, 11:09 AM

LOL, that's a good point although that would be the "unstated" goal. :)

patteeu
06-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I remember seeing a couple of documents marked Secret, both of which were ridiculously mundane, and a handful of Confidential documents, which were even more mundane.

It was amazing to me the kinds of uninteresting secrets our country keeps, but I always told myself that there must be some really smart Russians out there who could gather a bunch of bits of mundane information and congeal it into some kind of mindblowing secret. Looking back on it now, and seeing how wrong our own intelligence agencies have been in Iraq not once but twice, I was probably overestimating the capabilities of those sneaky Russians.

trndobrd
06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
A federal clearance and a DoD clearance would be investigated by the same agencies.

Wrong. DSS investigates military clearances, OPM investigates civilian clearances.

Cochise
06-02-2007, 01:46 PM
This thread is classic Tom. He slithers onto the board again, concealing his identity because he's unwanted and accuses others of not being honest. He claims he's got this glorious james-bond like government clearance - meaning that he's secretly WAY more cool and important than you could ever be.. kind of like when someone would post 'nobody wants you here' or 'nobody likes you', and his reply would be like 'oh, there are people here who do... more than you think...'

There was always a kid like this in your neighborhood... yeah, I've got that Griffey rookie card. Oh, I keep it at home, so it doesn't get messed up and all. I can't let you see it, sorry, mom doesn't allow others in the house. nah, I can't bring it outside real quick for a minute either, it's worth more if it's never exposed to sunlight. but yeah, trust me, I've got 3 or 4... oh maybe even more that I forgot about. All the other kids are like, whatever douche.

Donger
06-02-2007, 01:52 PM

Are you sure about that?

Slick32
06-02-2007, 05:14 PM
This thread is classic Tom. He slithers onto the board again, concealing his identity because he's unwanted and accuses others of not being honest. He claims he's got this glorious james-bond like government clearance - meaning that he's secretly WAY more cool and important than you could ever be.. kind of like when someone would post 'nobody wants you here' or 'nobody likes you', and his reply would be like 'oh, there are people here who do... more than you think...'

There was always a kid like this in your neighborhood... yeah, I've got that Griffey rookie card. Oh, I keep it at home, so it doesn't get messed up and all. I can't let you see it, sorry, mom doesn't allow others in the house. nah, I can't bring it outside real quick for a minute either, it's worth more if it's never exposed to sunlight. but yeah, trust me, I've got 3 or 4... oh maybe even more that I forgot about. All the other kids are like, whatever douche.

Wrong, I didn't announce the return but I've never concealed who I was.

You just seem to be a bitter person that can't believe anything I say due to what? Personal proof? I doubt that.

Your responses have always been the type that you resort to name calling and I see that hasn't changed.

Too bad.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Are you sure about that?

Pretty sure. DSS and OPM both were involved with my clearance and it was for the military only.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 05:17 PM
uh uh! I read tom clancy and know more about spooks than you! :spock:

Could be, but what is your point? I'm not a spook, never was never intend to be.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 05:23 PM

Let's talk about word games. The post subject is: How many here have actually held federally recognized security clearances?

Does that help?

trndobrd
06-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Pretty sure. DSS and OPM both were involved with my clearance and it was for the military only.

One or the other does the clearance investigation. Not both.

Logical
06-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Hey they did on VoldemorTOM he is special.

trndobrd
06-02-2007, 05:39 PM

Oh yeah...sorry.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM

Whatever you would like to believe is OK with me. I know who interviewed me.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM

More special than you will ever know.

cripple creek
06-02-2007, 06:54 PM
durn! my topsecret scI didn't come with the no worries rider. :mad: Just standard a, b, or c program access.:shrug:

trndobrd
06-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Whatever you would like to believe is OK with me. I know who interviewed me.

There was talk of combining DSS and OPM three years ago. Didn't happen.

trndobrd
06-02-2007, 07:40 PM
More special than you will ever know.

Slick32
06-02-2007, 07:47 PM
There was talk of combining DSS and OPM three years ago. Didn't happen.

What's your point? Members from both agencies interviewed me in 2002.

trndobrd
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
What's your point? Members from both agencies interviewed me in 2002.

So you are saying that one of the persons doing one of, apparently multiple, interviews for a DOD clearance identified him/herself as being an employee of OPM?

Logical
06-03-2007, 12:33 AM
What's your point? Members from both agencies interviewed me in 2002.Please tell me what DSS and OPM acronyms stand for?

Also how far apart were these interview and were you up for more than one kind of clearance?

Slick32
06-03-2007, 07:22 AM
So you are saying that one of the persons doing one of, apparently multiple, interviews for a DOD clearance identified him/herself as being an employee of OPM?

Have you been granted a TS? When? How many times were you interviewed?

Slick32
06-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Please tell me what DSS and OPM acronyms stand for?

Also how far apart were these interview and were you up for more than one kind of clearance?

I think I'll let you do the google and find out for yourself. You don't seem to have any confidence in what I say so it might be irrelevant, on both sides.

patteeu
06-03-2007, 08:53 AM

I was and I wasn't ever interviewed. I filled out some paperwork and friends/acquaintances were interviewed, but I wasn't. The process may have changed since then or it may be different for different situations, but an interview is not necessarily (or at least has not always necessarily been) a part of the process. You should be careful not to assume your own personal experiences are universal. Just because you may have touched a corner of the black world doesn't mean you know everything about it. This goes for a lot of other aspects of life too.

patteeu
06-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Please tell me what DSS and OPM acronyms stand for?

Based on my googling, I suspect he means Defense Security Service and Office of Personnel Management. When I went through the process, my understanding was that the FBI did my background check, but I don't know for sure that that was accurate.

BTW, that's Federal Bureau of Investigation. :p

trndobrd
06-03-2007, 09:12 AM

I think I'll let you do the google and find out for yourself.

The person that response was sent to was attempting to change the direction of the thread and start a different pissing contest. I won't participate in what he was trying to do.

Do you even read your own dipshittery? Why don't you answer the question? You started this poll, held yourself out as some sort of expert in the field of security clearances, called other board members liars, and now you are trying to deflect questions back to me.

If I had wanted to make my personal information public, I would have responded to the initial poll.

It's painfully obvious that while you may have gone through the interview process and been granted a TS, you are not an expert on the process. Using a toilet doesn't make you a pumber. I do appreciate the various acronyms you work into your posts after other people introduce them into the conversation...pretty slick.

So, let's stick with you...the self appointed 'expert'
here's my question again in case you forgot....

"So you are saying that one of the persons doing one of, apparently multiple, interviews for a DOD clearance identified him/herself as being an employee of OPM?"

Slick32
06-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Do you even read your own dipshittery? Why don't you answer the question? You started this poll, held yourself out as some sort of expert in the field of security clearances, called other board members liars, and now you are trying to deflect questions back to me.

If I had wanted to make my personal information public, I would have responded to the initial poll.

It's painfully obvious that while you may have gone through the interview process and been granted a TS, you are not an expert on the process. Using a toilet doesn't make you a pumber. I do appreciate the various acronyms you work into your posts after other people introduce them into the conversation...pretty slick.

So, let's stick with you...the self appointed 'expert'
here's my question again in case you forgot....

"So you are saying that one of the persons doing one of, apparently multiple, interviews for a DOD clearance identified him/herself as being an employee of OPM?"

Clearance for military job duties = 1, DSS = as CTT

Clearance for civilian job duties = 2, OPM = as project coordinator on several projects relating to C21 equipment.

Is that good enough or do you want my fingerprints as well?

As for your accusation that I used the acronyms after you posted them, should I have totally ignored your direction? Then you would have gone off on that. Are you afraid to use the proper title? Office of Personnel Management? Defense Security Service?

The office I had to report to for the interview was the OPM at the site I was going to work, I think you know where the DSS might be. And just to be clear, the DSS contract out the investigations but the other agencies operate under the auspices of the DSS.

Slick32
06-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Based on my googling, I suspect he means Defense Security Service and Office of Personnel Management. When I went through the process, my understanding was that the FBI did my background check, but I don't know for sure that that was accurate.

The FBI does record checks for Secret clearances as well as one of the steps for a TS.

Slick32
06-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I was and I wasn't ever interviewed. I filled out some paperwork and friends/acquaintances were interviewed, but I wasn't. The process may have changed since then or it may be different for different situations, but an interview is not necessarily (or at least has not always necessarily been) a part of the process. You should be careful not to assume your own personal experiences are universal. Just because you may have touched a corner of the black world doesn't mean you know everything about it. This goes for a lot of other aspects of life too.

Based on your comment above I'd suspect that your interview was pre-9/11. Post 9/11 the process could take as much as 3 years, mine took almost 2 years to the day.

Correction: I have never claimed to be associated with the black world (I presume you mean black ops). I dealt with areas of homeland defense for the military and the civilian side was the technical equipment to be incorporated into new platforms.

trndobrd
06-03-2007, 10:21 AM

Clearance for military job duties = 1, DSS = as CTT

Clearance for civilian job duties = 2, OPM = as project coordinator on several projects relating to C21 equipment.

Facinating.

patteeu
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
***This post is classified as SECRET****

(S) I still feel bad for Forward Dante because he, alone among us, isn't in on the true nature of the contrails overhead. But don't tell him I said so. He's not cleared to know that.

go bowe
06-03-2007, 12:16 PM
You seem to have a problem with Phil. I don't. That doesn't mean that I agree with him but your POV is incorrect.

What did you do in the Navy? What was your rate?yeah, fraz...

why don't you tell him that you were a rear admiral?

(get it? rear admiral... groan) :p :p :p

go bowe
06-03-2007, 12:26 PM
More special than you will ever know.special?

special?

you? LMAO LMAO LMAO

go bowe
06-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Whatever you would like to believe is OK with me. I know who interviewed me.who interviewed you?

santa claus?

get a ****ing grip...

go bowe
06-03-2007, 12:39 PM

(S) I still feel bad for Forward Dante because he, alone among us, isn't in on the true nature of the contrails overhead. But don't tell him I said so. He's not cleared to know that.

***This post is classified as SECRET****yeah, my response is top secret...

take that, and put in your pipe...

and tom, what about "eyes only"?

what classification would that be?

Slick32
06-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Facinating.My bet is that you might mean - Fascinating.

Slick32
06-03-2007, 01:28 PM
special?

special?

you? LMAO LMAO LMAO

Laugh all you want, doesn't change anything. I'm more special than anyone might think.

noa
06-03-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm more special than anyone might think.

Oh we don't doubt that...

Slick32
06-03-2007, 01:29 PM
yeah, my response is top secret...

take that, and put in your pipe...

and tom, what about "eyes only"?

what classification would that be?

At this point who really cares?

Why don't you give us the benefit of your wisdom on the matter. (if you have any.)

Slick32
06-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Oh we don't doubt that...

Coming from you that means ... well ... nothing.

Nightwish
06-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm more special than anyone might think.
I don't think anyone doubts that you're special, at least in the needs special attention and possibly medication way. What you've apparently not managed to convince anyone of is that you are special in the way you would like us to believe.

Slick32
06-03-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't think anyone doubts that you're special, at least in the needs special attention and possibly medication way. What you've apparently not managed to convince anyone of is that you are special in the way you would like us to believe.

Once again, your opinion has nothing to do with my life or what that might encompass. Your opinion also has no bearing of reality.

Nightwish
06-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Once again, your opinion has nothing to do with my life or what that might encompass. Your opinion also has no bearing of reality.
You know, as many times as you have been forced to resort to this canned response, you'd think you'd just save it somewhere and have it handy each time you log on, because you know that we are far from finished with questioning your fantasies.

Slick32
06-03-2007, 03:06 PM
You know, as many times as you have been forced to resort to this canned response, you'd think you'd just save it somewhere and have it handy each time you log on, because you know that we are far from finished with questioning your fantasies.

Your fantasy seems to be to attack anyone you disagree with. What have you said, or proven, that has any credibility here? Zero. I offered you proof, but you rejected that proof. You don't want facts, you want to play your stupid screw with Tom. It isn't working. Prove your points or back down.

Nightwish
06-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Your fantasy seems to be to attack anyone you disagree with. What have you said, or proven, that has any credibility here?
Only what everyone already knows about you, that nary does the truth exit your ... er ... fingertips.

I offered you proof, but you rejected that proof.
What proof would that be? The only proof I saw was that you know how to Google.

It isn't working.
Are you sure about that?

Logical
06-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Actually I knew, the point was to see if Tom who was claiming both had investigated/interviewed him knew or was he just using the acronyms to impress.

go bowe
06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
At this point who really cares?

Why don't you give us the benefit of your wisdom on the matter. (if you have any.)yeah i have some wisdom for you, the bb is much better in your absence...

and when you are here, everybody can shovel shit all over you and not feel bad about it later...

it's not like you are a real person...

i'd bet you're really kotter using one of his many characters just to annoy and otherwise piss off people...

of course you were much funnier as anton...

Baby Lee
06-04-2007, 06:25 PM
so now your on Double Secret Probation :p
Two C's, two D's, and an F. That's a 0.3 grade average. Congratulations, StcChief, you're at the top of the Delta pledge class.

Baby Lee
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Only what everyone already knows about you, that nary does the truth exit your ... er ... fingertips.
No!! I swear!! He averted certain death by f@cking and marrying a gal as pure as the driven snow. Heed all heathens.

Radar Chief
06-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Two C's, two D's, and an F. That's a 0.3 grade average. Congratulations, StcChief, you're at the top of the Delta pledge class.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. :thumb: