PDA

View Full Version : canidate for Walls replacement

blueballs
06-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Seahawks | Herndon released
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:02:26 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have released CB Kelly Herndon.

Wendychili14
06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
oooh, another former bronco

Cannon1987
06-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Probably a concrete wall as opposed to brick.

nychief
06-01-2007, 07:53 PM
didn't we try to sign him two years ago w/ vermeil?

ChiefsCountry
06-01-2007, 08:09 PM
He would be a good nickel back for us. I say go for it.

SNR
06-01-2007, 10:55 PM
He could be the next Ray Crockett!

Thig Lyfe
06-01-2007, 10:58 PM
He could be the next Ray Crockett!

Awright!

Direckshun
06-01-2007, 11:09 PM
I would absolutely love the acquisition. This guy has lots of big game experience, and he's clearly ascending.

Buehler445
06-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I thought the guy was playing well for the Seahawks. His name was announced for a lot of interceptions at least. Do we know why they released him?

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't know why they released him, but I could take a pretty good guess:

Seahawks | Herndon released
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:02:26 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have released CB Kelly Herndon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seahawks | Herndon misses practice Friday
Sat, 5 May 2007 12:07:50 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks CB Kelly Herndon (ankle) did not practice Friday, May 4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seahawks | Herndon breaks ankle Week 17
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:52:31 -0800

Updating a previous report, Buccaneers.com reports Seattle Seahawks CB Kelly Herndon (ankle) suffered a broken ankle during the Week 17 game.

Seahawks | Herndon misses practice Thursday
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:38:54 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks CB Kelly Herndon (toe) missed practice Thursday, Nov. 30, and was added to the injury report as probable for Week 13.

Seahawks | Herndon misses practice
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:52:34 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks CB Kelly Herndon (hamstring) did not practice Thursday, Nov. 16, but should be available to start during Week 11.

Seahawks | Herndon misses some practice Monday
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:24:54 -0700

The Associated Press reports Seattle Seahawks CB Kelly Herndon (quad) missed some of practice Monday, Aug. 14, with a quadriceps injury, but was expected back at practice Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Seahawks | Herndon limited in practice, might not travel with team
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:30:27 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks CB Kelly Herndon (groin) practiced Thursday, Aug. 10, but he was somewhat limited in what he could do and he might not travel for the game against the Dallas Cowboys Saturday, Aug. 12.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I know for a fact that the Chiefs won't take him, because I'm willing to bet his ankle injury is still bugging him.

So now I don't know if we should acquire him. Maybe if he gets healthy, but who knows how long it'll be before that happens. Definitely not now, though, because the last thing this team needs is a player on its roster sucking up money without even touching the field.

Edit: We probably don't need another player that'll break easily, considering the troubles that Bennett and Sampson have posed for us. My official stance now is to pass on him.

pikesome
06-02-2007, 11:48 PM
I know for a fact that the Chiefs won't take him, because I'm willing to bet his ankle injury is still bugging him.

So now I don't know if we should acquire him. Maybe if he gets healthy, but who knows how long it'll be before that happens. Definitely not now, though, because the last thing this team needs is a player on its roster sucking up money without even touching the field.

Yea, adding dead weight right after you jettisoned the biggest (Sims, Hicks) isn't in keeping with our current path. Make those young guys step up or get out of the way.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Yea, adding dead weight right after you jettisoned the biggest (Sims, Hicks) isn't in keeping with our current path. Make those young guys step up or get out of the way.
That's how I feel about it.

Buehler445
06-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Fair enough, but from my limited exposure to him, he seems very talented. He can take the time to get fixed up if needed.

pikesome
06-02-2007, 11:52 PM
That's how I feel about it.

Turk and Tank playing well ought to make whoever is back there look better. No Dline pressure means your CB/S look bad regardless of their talent.

TC need to hurry the hell up. I want to see if we've been living a pipe dream since the draft or things really are on the way up.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I like him, too. He's ascending, talent-wise, and he's got valuable postseason experience that a team like this needs.

But we simply can't take him if he's a question mark all season.

I'm sure Herm likes him, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if we floated him a one year deal given our lack of depth.

But I don't know where he'd fit on this team if he posed availability problems all year -- it's already likely that he'll miss the beginning of the season since he still can't even participate in practice. And who knows how quickly he'd return to game speed when he did.

Buehler445
06-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Turk and Tank playing well ought to make whoever is back there look better. No Dline pressure means your CB/S look bad regardless of their talent.

I agree. CB is still pretty scary though. It will be tough if our young guys don't pan out.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 11:59 PM

TC need to hurry the hell up. I want to see if we've been living a pipe dream since the draft or things really are on the way up.
I will be massively disappointed if we don't have a good DL this year.

There's absolutely no reason we won't, though. Allen and Hali are provens, and Reed and Edwards were just flat overworked last year. And Boone is a proven. Wilkerson's all heart.

It's Tank and Turk. Those are the X-factors. If these guys are "eh," our line probably still improves, but marginally. If they slam the doors open, we're a slam-dunk top 10 defense.

pikesome
06-03-2007, 12:01 AM
I agree. CB is still pretty scary though. It will be tough if our young guys don't pan out.

At least we won't find out they suck when Ty gets fitted for his walker and Surtain takes up fishing or whatever retired footballers do. Replacements need to be found before the starters fade. I wish DV had that in mind.

Direckshun
06-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Honestly, I think Herm would prefer that kid we signed after rookie camp, Tony Franklin I think his name was, than Kelly Herndon.

Franklin was a 4 year starter in college, and even though he didn't stand out enough to get signed until rookie camp, he showed up every day and is a known quantity. I think Herm prefers to deal with men who show up and men who's capabilities he has a good handle on than crazy gambles with injury histories.

But then again, he did draft Brodie Croyle...

pikesome
06-03-2007, 12:04 AM
I will be massively disappointed if we don't have a good DL this year.

There's absolutely no reason we won't, though. Allen and Hali are provens, and Reed and Edwards were just flat overworked last year. And Boone is a proven. Wilkerson's all heart.

It's Tank and Turk. Those are the X-factors. If these guys are "eh," our line probably still improves, but marginally. If they slam the doors open, we're a slam-dunk top 10 defense.

I'd go so far as to say that even if Turk and Tank don't play much we've stepped up. We have more bodies to rotate at the very worst. If Turk lives up to his billing we'll be sitting pretty and if Tank can pull a double team once in a while that top 10 doesn't look beyond reach.

pikesome
06-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Honestly, I think Herm would prefer that kid we signed after rookie camp, Tony Franklin I think his name was, than Kelly Herndon.

Franklin was a 4 year starter in college, and even though he didn't stand out enough to get signed until rookie camp, he showed up every day and is a known quantity. I think Herm prefers to deal with men who show up and men who's capabilities he has a good handle on than crazy gambles with injury histories.

But then again, he did draft Brodie Croyle...

Croyle's injury history has an asterisk next to it. He got hit like a drunk coed at a frat party. (Crosses fingers:))

Direckshun
06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I'd go so far as to say that even if Turk and Tank don't play much we've stepped up. We have more bodies to rotate at the very worst. If Turk lives up to his billing we'll be sitting pretty and if Tank can pull a double team once in a while that top 10 doesn't look beyond reach.
Honestly, I think the top 10 is very possible based on two things:

1. major LB core upgrade
2. more capable bodies at DT

I think those two things alone can bust us through to the Top 10.

But if both Turk and Tank live up to our expectations, this is a Top 10 defense, slam dunk.

Direckshun
06-03-2007, 12:17 AM
By the way, pikesome, that's the rookie DT we picked up as an UDFA in your signature, right?

Do you know anything about him other than what any regular reader of CP would?

pikesome
06-03-2007, 12:22 AM
By the way, pikesome, that's the rookie DT we picked up as an UDFA in your signature, right?

Do you know anything about him other than what any regular reader of CP would?

Not really but the martial arts training makes me think of Samurai from Necessary Roughness and that makes me smile. Add in the CP trend of picking a 3rd stringer or PS guy and pimping them like Zeus' offspring plus the easy Chuck Norris style jokes and I plan to keep myself amused till real football starts. Maybe after even. :)

Direckshun
06-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Not really but the martial arts training makes me think of Samurai from Necessary Roughness and that makes me smile. Add in the CP trend of picking a 3rd stringer or PS guy and pimping them like Zeus' offspring plus the easy Chuck Norris style jokes and I plan to keep myself amused till real football starts. Maybe after even. :)
Your sense of humor has evolved to adapt the CP way of life.

I hope you're right with the Lord because you're past the point of no return.

pikesome
06-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Your sense of humor has evolved to adapt the CP way of life.

I hope you're right with the Lord because you're past the point of no return.

I knew that point had come when I started to find myself agreeing with Skip on his noob rants. The Devil probably has a couch, a TV, and a looped tape of the 2004 Indy playoff game waiting.

Direckshun
06-03-2007, 12:35 AM
The Devil probably has a couch, a TV, and a looped tape of the 2004 Indy playoff game waiting.
Jesus.

ClevelandBronco
06-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Anyone who isn't welcome as a DB in Denver and Seattle sounds like someone who could start in KC.

Are you guys serious?

Send his equipment to Europe.