PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Fan Appreciation Day Thread***

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Did anybody go to this? Anybody hear back from someone who went?

This is the thread to spill the somewhat limited beans on todays happenings or lack thereof.

I did not go, personally, but I had family that did.

Trent showed up in a Chiefs helmet, lol, and signed a lot of autographs. Cordial as always, he seemed like he was in a good mood and happy to be amongst the fans.

LeDarche is a stinkin' liar, who was nice to talk to but said he'd return to sign autographs and never did. LEDARCHE!!! *shakes fist to the sky*

Medlock was kicking 30 yard field goals with no approach. He was standing right over the ball at the 20 yard line, rather than taking any steps into the kick, and stone-cold drilled the balls through the uprights. He seriously impressed.

Bowe was not present, likely because of the Hill debacle in Louisiana.

Green looked very good passing the ball. Crisp passes that were always on target. He took the majority of snaps today. Croyle unleashed a gorgeous long toss, though, while Huard looked slow and iffy.

Grigsby caught a pass in the flat and actually scored a TD off of it. Go Boomer!

Kennison didn't do too much, but Parker apparently looked good.

LJ looked amazing, running everything he touched into the endzone, even if it was an up-the-gut call. He just felt like running everything in.

Full 11 on 11s, 7 on 7s, 1 on 1s even, and some positional drills.

Phobia
06-02-2007, 02:27 PM
I was not present. That is all.

Demonpenz
06-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I am glad bowe didn't show up. Fans are going to be dissapointed with his drops.

KC kid
06-02-2007, 02:31 PM
I WAS there and the report is not quite right.

Croyle was by far and away the most impressive QB.

The O Line looked bad.

McBride impressed me with Quick feet.

Parker dropped everything.

Donnie Edwards is still quick as hell.

Grigsby would have been destroyed on that touchdown by #38 if it was a contact drill.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 02:33 PM
In defense of my account, it was directly from my dad who's admittedly more obsessed with kicking and special teams than he is anything else, god bless him. He said nobody else was even remotely interested in LeDarche but apparently my dad wanted his stinking autograph.

My guess is he watched Medlock the whole time and paid marginal attention to the drills.
Grigsby would have been destroyed on that touchdown by #38 if it was a contact drill.
I don't know exactly how much destruction a 180 lbs. guy can do on a 250 lbs. guy but if that's the case, go Bragg!

Demonpenz
06-02-2007, 02:35 PM
what about dante hall on Dedwards

chuxtrux
06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
i was there for half of it

- croyle looked really good, looked had he had the best arm of the team
- Jared Allen looks a lot more trim and seemed faster too
- Surtain looked good from what i saw

unlurking
06-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Go Boomer!

Coogs
06-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Croyle was by far and away the most impressive QB.

Outstanding! I hope others who saw the scrimmage come away with the same opinion as you did.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Love it.

NewChief
06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
In defense of my account, it was directly from my dad who's admittedly more obsessed with kicking and special teams than he is anything else, god bless him. He said nobody else was even remotely interested in LeDarche but apparently my dad wanted his stinking autograph.

So Trent didn't punch fans and piss on autograph-seeking kids? I'm disappointed.

KurtCobain
06-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Croyle threw some awesome throws and Sammy dropped the first pass thrown to him. Allen was a beast and Turk seemed slow. And LeDarche was there giving autographs the whole time on the visitor side.

chiefbowe82
06-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Croyle threw some awesome throws and Sammy dropped the first pass thrown to him. Allen was a beast and Turk seemed slow. And LeDarche was there giving autographs the whole time on the visitor side.
kc kid said he had quick feet

Demonpenz
06-02-2007, 05:27 PM
my dad is convinced that you can score a runner from 2nd in baseball with a long fly ball

chiefbowe82
06-02-2007, 05:29 PM
my dad is convinced that you can score a runner from 2nd in baseball with a long fly ball
maybe if the runner fails to tag up

Der Flöprer
06-02-2007, 05:30 PM
So Trent didn't punch fans and piss on autograph-seeking kids? I'm disappointed.

From what I understand you have a personal interest in the whole Trent Green debacle. Being bitter and coming on here posting this rubbish isn't going to make that any better. For anyone. It probably doesn't make you feel better about it either. So what's the point?

chiefbowe82
06-02-2007, 05:31 PM
tomorrows is on nfl network i believe?

Bob Dole
06-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I was not present. That is all.

And they held the practice anyway?

Herm is really going to impress Bob Dole if he keeps this sort of thing up clear through taining camp.

Fairplay
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Green looked very good passing the ball. Crisp passes that were always on target. He took the majority of snaps today. Croyle unleashed a gorgeous long toss, though, while Huard looked slow and iffy.

Wheres Hootie to defend his honor?

Wile_E_Coyote
06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Direckshun

<HR SIZE=1>
Wheres Hootie to defend his honor?

The claim of iffy, wiil not deflate Hootie's stiffy

Fairplay
06-02-2007, 06:16 PM
The O Line looked bad.

Like thats a surprise for 2007 season. :rolleyes:

Fairplay
06-02-2007, 06:24 PM
There is a short video link of the practice at Arrowhead.

http://www.kansascity.com/

jidar
06-02-2007, 06:26 PM
wtf @ the QB analysis in this thread.

Croyle had the second most throws off target after Printers (who was terrible)

That said Croyle had some truly great throws as well, the 40 yarder down the sideline to hit the receiver (think it was Kennison?) in stride was awesome.

Every throw Trent made was on target except for (guess!) a check down to Larry Johnson, but he also fumbled a snap. Truthfully TG looked better than the others, he was faster and more snappy than anyone else and his throws were placed where they were supposed to be (extreme opposite of the defender).
It's just one practice and not even in pads so I know it means little, but if this is all I had to go on I'd want Trent under center over any of these other guys.

It's hard to tell who did the best though because several times the pass defense had to back off but they let the play continue. At the very least the 80 yard TD play Green to Kennison was bullshit since Jared Allen got to Trent in about 2 nanoseconds and put his arms down.

Larry Johnson looked good. He always ran further than everyone else but it was hard to tell if it was just show or if none of the tackling angles were good enough to blow the whistle. I got the impression he was being given a bit more time to run his play out than the other guys.

Tank wasn't particularly impressive. He almost got into a brawl with one of the O-linemen but I didn't see who or why. In the linemen 1 on 1s he was stopped by basically everybody, he didn't look like he was giving full effort.

Jared Allen absolutely dominated in the 1 on 1s. He looked in great shape and seemed happy as well, he turned around and smiled and waved at fans.

Samie Parker had 3 drops although 1 was a difficult catch.

Kennison was Kennison, not spectacular but generally reliable.

Donnie Edwards was good, he jumped about a mile into the air to tip a pass and Surtain came down with the interception.

Benny Sapp looked good in coverage and defended some passes. He broke one up but paid for it when the receiver fell square on him, there were a few tense moments as he yanked his helmet off and laid there in pain, but he was okay.

Warrior5
06-02-2007, 06:48 PM
My wife and I were both there. My comments are below in bold.

Medlock was kicking 30 yard field goals with no approach. He was standing right over the ball at the 20 yard line, rather than taking any steps into the kick, and stone-cold drilled the balls through the uprights. He seriously impressed.

Yep. He nailed everything he kicked with distance to spare, including a 40+ yarder. Would've liked to see some KOs.

disagree. Initially during 11-on-11s, Green went 0/4, while Huard and Croyle were 4/4. Green did warm up some and look better as the practice wore on, but I think the snaps were evenly distributed. Green and Croyle both threw long bombs for TDs.

Kennison burned Sapp and another DB on a bomb for a TD, and looked as good as any other WR out there to me.

LJ looked amazing, running everything he touched into the endzone, even if it was an up-the-gut call. He just felt like running everything in.
He looked good and fired up.

Additional notes:
Again thankful we drafted Colquitt. He's going to be even better than last season.

D. Edwards received standing O when introduced.

Jared Allen was practicing like a man possessed; he was seriously pressuring the QBs.

KurtCobain
06-02-2007, 07:55 PM
kc kid said he had quick feet

Well then kc kid is on crack. Except for that he said Croyle was by far the best, because he was. And Jeff Webb looked sharp, same with the rookie RB. Boomer as well.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Well then kc kid is on crack.
You're persuasive. :thumb:

BigRedChief
06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I was just there for a little while. Got to tell Edwards it was good to be see back in KC. He smiled turned around and gave the thumbs up. The section started cheering and he took his helmet off and waved back to us and said its good to be back....thanks........

Thats all I have.

Thig Lyfe
06-02-2007, 08:38 PM

Even better than Colquitt?

Coogs
06-02-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw the Croyle TD pass on the local sports. It was very nice. Right over the defender, who's number I did not happen to catch, in the back of the endzone, but the reciever was #14. From KCChiefs.com, #14 is Brad Ekwerekwu. Dude made a real nice catch as well.

All of the throws they showed of Croyle were right on the money. Showed about 3 or 4.

Showed 2 of Green. One was picked off by Surtain on a deflection.

luv
06-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Nothing on Scanlon?

Skip Towne
06-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Nothing on Scanlon?
Scanlon leaped several tall buildings and perfected cold fusion before retiring to the showers.

luv
06-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Scanlon leaped several tall buildings and perfected cold fusion before retiring to the showers.
The guy is just awesome. No use in even trying to compare anyone to him.

Skip Towne
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
The guy is just awesome. No use in even trying to compare anyone to him.
He can out Chuck Norris Chuck Norris.

luv
06-02-2007, 09:37 PM
He can out Chuck Norris Chuck Norris.
Let's not lose our heads here.

DT4everaChief
06-02-2007, 09:52 PM

.[/QUOTE]

Samie Parker looked horrible he had drop just about every pass thrown to him. Eddie Kennison caught a sweet pass for a TD.

Medlock looked awesome made several long field goals standing right over the top of the ball. He also has a weird warm up routine.

The defense looked awesome.

LJ was incredible and ran out every play to the end zone.

NewChief
06-02-2007, 09:55 PM
From what I understand you have a personal interest in the whole Trent Green debacle. Being bitter and coming on here posting this rubbish isn't going to make that any better. For anyone. It probably doesn't make you feel better about it either. So what's the point?

Actually, it makes me feel lots better, because I get to tell everyone what a horrible person Trent Green is. I've been reading lots of posts around here by people telling me how we haven't seen the real Trent Green 'til now. How he's actually a horrible person, locker room cancer, and just generally bad guy. They've misjudged him for all these years. It feels good to get it out in the open and let them know, they're right. He's the Al Swearengen of Kansas City. Anyone who went to Fan Day today and got out with both their eyes, no daughters deflowered, and no sons shot should feel lucky. The guy is bad news.

BTW, if you haven't ever read up on satire, I suggest you check it out sometime. "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift would be a good start.

htismaqe
06-02-2007, 09:59 PM

You're starting to sound like Logical.

And that's not a good thing.

Phobia
06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
And they held the practice anyway?

Herm is really going to impress Bob Dole if he keeps this sort of thing up clear through taining camp.

Shocking, isn't it? My limo had the wrong address.

Logical
06-02-2007, 10:05 PM
You're starting to sound like Logical.

And that's not a good thing.

No, not nearly as sarcastic and I am by far more subtle.;)

Logical
06-02-2007, 10:06 PM
By the way Parker, I want Croyle starting as much as you do. I just don't think the team will be a winner in his first season.

NewChief
06-02-2007, 10:06 PM
No, not nearly as sarcastic and I am by far more subtle.;)

**** off old man. You're past your prime. The NewChief day has dawned.

htismaqe
06-02-2007, 10:09 PM
By the way Parker, I want Croyle starting as much as you do. I just don't think the team will be a winner in his first season.

Croyle's got nothing to do with it.

Just about everything you post anymore, whether it's about the Chiefs or politics or whatever, is tinged with bitterness.

But NewChief is far more bitter than you are. Sorry.

NewChief
06-02-2007, 10:15 PM

Arrr. Bitter like aspirin. It's good for you, though.

Skip Towne
06-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Oh, shit! I'm 10 years older than Logical.

Logical
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Croyle's got nothing to do with it.

Just about everything you post anymore, whether it's about the Chiefs or politics or whatever, is tinged with bitterness.

I think you must mean related to the Chiefs and I have plenty of reasons to be bitter about our team don't you think?

I post plenty of other things especially in DC that are not the least bit bitter. As an example you should read the thread I created on immigration last night. Also I posted the poll on cell phone ownership, what was bitter about that. How about my thread about my kids taking me to Stomp for Fathers day? How about my Memorial Day Weekend Thank You thread?

I am also wondering how my "Is God Exclusive or Inclusive" thread is an example of bitterness?

Are you sure you are not letting our disagreements about the Chiefs color your statement?

NewChief
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I think you must mean related to the Chiefs and I have plenty of reasons to be bitter about our team don't you think?

I post plenty of other things especially in DC that are not the least bit bitter. As an example you should read the thread I created on immigration last night. Also I posted the poll on cell phone ownership, what was bitter about that. How about my thread about my kids taking me to Stomp for Fathers day? How about my Memorial Day Weekend Thank You thread?

I am also wondering how my "Is God Exclusive or Inclusive" thread is an example of bitterness?

Are you sure you are not letting our disagreements about the Chiefs color your statement?

Listen, geezer. I'm the bitter one. Get it straight.

Logical
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM

You have to earn my respect, you are but a mere beginner.:D

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm 10 years older than Logical.
GOOD LORD.

luv
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM
GOOD LORD.
I don't think he's THAT old.

Bob Dole
06-03-2007, 07:52 AM
How did Priest Holmes look?

Phobia
06-03-2007, 09:34 AM

He looked hungry.

Reerun_KC
06-03-2007, 10:09 AM

Nachos anyone?

KurtCobain
06-03-2007, 10:14 AM

He was sitting behind me sippin on a sprite and told me to move my fatass head. I stood up and said, "Bitch...You best recognize."