PDA

View Full Version : **Official Cavs vs Piston's Game 6 Thread**

BWillie
06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
3-2 Cavs leading going back to Cleveland. Tip off shortly at 730 PM CST on TNT. Can LeBron do it again?

Are you ready to be witnesses?

http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/usa/v4/features/witness/downloads/nikebasketball_lbj_witness.jpg

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM
The only thing I'm going to witness is Detroit finally caring about a game, kicking it into gear, Billups dropping 32 points, and the glorious return of the stifling Detroit defense that'll hold the Cavs under 80.

It's going back to Detroit, baby. The Pistons have more talent -- they just have to care. For five games, they cared for maybe two quarters total.

You're going to see it here. I called it.

BWillie
06-02-2007, 06:21 PM
You're going to see it here. I called it.

ROFL

Ok 'Sheed. I think Cav's might be in for a let down tonight. It's tough to beat a team 4 in a row, but they are at an emotional high right now. I think it's 50/50 who wins this game, and if Lebron does it again this game I am going to be a believer of his greatness.

Discuss Thrower
06-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Part of me wants to see Lebron get to the finals (even though the Cavs are going to get dropped by the Spurs if they get there).

But, I think the Pistons are going to put it to them tonight and the next night. Say hello to another Spurs vs Piston's championship series.

Simply Red
06-02-2007, 06:32 PM
are they playing at the Palace tonight?

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:33 PM
ROFL

Ok 'Sheed. I think Cav's might be in for a let down tonight. It's tough to beat a team 4 in a row, but they are at an emotional high right now. I think it's 50/50 who wins this game, and if Lebron does it again this game I am going to be a believer of his greatness.
Well that's about as wussy of a prediction as I'm ever going to see.

Who're you calling, Willie?

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:34 PM
are they playing at the Palace tonight?
At the Q in Cleveland.

Simply Red
06-02-2007, 06:38 PM
At the Q in Cleveland.

Oh okay. Detroit is done.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Pistons score on all 3 of their first 3 possessions.

Cleveland finally scores -- Gooden canned a shot from the baseline, wide open because LeBron attracted 3 defenders.

That's exactly how the Pistons are going to play tonight. They're going to smother LeBron and force other players to score. Gooden will have that wide open shot all game.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Hughes cans a wide open three because LeBron attracts two.

This is Detroit's defense today. So far it's allowed a tie game, we'll see how it holds for the entire game.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Pavlovic bricks a three, he was wide open because guess what, LeBron attracted two.

I think you get my point. 10-6 Pistons.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm afraid this plan may backfire, as LeBron's teammates are shooting pretty well right now, and it might get everybody in a shooting groove.

LeBron's going to get his points no matter what you do, so there's a chance there might be a clear problem with this strategy.

But right now, it's got the desired results. LeBron has not even attempted a shot.

19-15, Pistons.

BWillie
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Well that's about as wussy of a prediction as I'm ever going to see.

Who're you calling, Willie?

I'm gonna go with the home team. If you think about it, in sports, theres never anything cemented in stone. There is alot of chance involved in sports and luck. A couple three's don't go down, a couple of phantom calls by the refs and that could be the ball game.

BWillie
06-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah, if the Cav's could make a crisp pass without throwing it right at a Piston's player they would be looking pretty good right now. They are blanketing Lebron. All he has to do is throw to the open man.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I love Rip Hamilton.

He's a scrappy dude, he's not one of those finesse shooters who doesn't like to get dirty. He's nasty and gutsy as hell.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Pistons are just shooting very poorly right now.

They've got to snap out of it, or they're toast, because the Cavs are going to get open shots all night.

BWillie
06-02-2007, 06:56 PM
I love Rip Hamilton.

He's a scrappy dude, he's not one of those finesse shooters who doesn't like to get dirty. He's nasty and gutsy as hell.

I don't think I'd even recognize the guy if I saw him on the street without The Mask. How does he expect to get groupie ass if nobody will be able to recognize him on the streets?

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Thoughts after the first quarter.

1. Delfino and Mohammed are worthless.
2. The Pistons are executing their strategy well, but two things haven't gone according to plan. The first is, the Cavs are shooting very well (although I think it's feasible that they're going to cool off), and the Pistons are shooting very poorly.
3. LeBron James: 5 assists, 0 shots, 1 point.
4. Somehow, the Pistons are assaulting the offensive glass.
5. Chris Webber has guaranteed that the Pistons won't win the title this year. Even if they advance here, there's no chance in hell he'll do anything to Duncan if he can't even contain Verajao.

KurtCobain
06-02-2007, 07:08 PM
This has been an awesome series. I want the pistons to win so I get a game seven. But I want lebron to blow the game winning shot in OT. Exciting.

Thig Lyfe
06-02-2007, 07:14 PM
What's the holdup?

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I could take the dumbest piece of **** poster off the Raiders board and put them against Flip Saunders in a battle of wits. And my guy would win.

BWillie
06-02-2007, 07:15 PM
What's the holdup?

Ya no kiddin, just use the freaking hand held Air Horn already.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 07:16 PM
The Q is officially ghetto. Crap falling from the ceiling. Balls randomly rolling on the floor. No buzzer. Messed up shotclock. WTF?

Thig Lyfe
06-02-2007, 07:17 PM
LeBron is pickin' his teeth...

Thig Lyfe
06-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Wow, they're taking another shootaround...

Delano
06-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I could take the dumbest piece of **** poster off the Raiders board and put them against Flip Saunders in a battle of wits. And my guy would win.

Get over yourself. Flip has been a pretty damn successful head coach. The guy worked himself up outta the CBA to coach in the big leagues. A moron couldn't do that.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 07:37 PM
And the far superior experience of the Pistons comes into play.

Shotclock and scoreboard malfunction, everything seems more like a practice shootaround than a crucial playoff game, and the Pistons keep their heads on straight, stick to their game plan, and start creating opportunities and getting to the line.

The Cavs have just temporarily fallen apart. Verajao's dribbling the ball down the floor, Hughes is airballing shots, and Marshall's getting schooled on defense.

Cavs still have the lead, 31-30, but the Pistons are roaring in -- without Billups even being on the floor.

James only has 1 shot attempt today so far, by the way. I think he has 3 points, but it's very important the Pistons send James into halftime with minimal shot attempts.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Gibson gets another D-Wade call. Insane.

14 free throws to 3.

Pistons are screwed. These playoffs have been the most pathetic, and for ratings to go up, the Cavs are going to be in the finals. So long Detroit, so long . . .

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Well the Pistons are doing it to themselves.

They are committing fouls in the stupidest of places.

McDyess has 3 and it's not even halfway through the 2nd quarter.

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
James only has a few points and the Cavs are leading? Detroit must be playing like shit.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Detroit's been playing pretty good, but they've had to earn their points, whereas the Cavs are getting mostly open shots.

And that's by design. Even when the Pistons play at their best in this series, the games are tight late in the fourth quarter, and that just puts them at the mercy of LeBron.

The Pistons want a matchup of their shooting vs. the shooting of James' teammates. That's exactly what they've got if they can keep it that way, and that pleases the Pistons no matter the score.

The Cavs are shooting pretty good and the Pistons are shooting pretty bad. Both of those factors are very likely to change as the game wears on.

LeBron's the only one the Pistons have to worry about late in the game, and he hasn't made a single field goal with three minutes left in the first half.

This is exactly the Pistons' game.

46-45, Pistons.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 08:02 PM
LeBron might be a little too passive in this half. I'll be impressed if he can just flip the switch and turn it on like Game 5 in the 2nd half. Still, Cavs totally lost momentum and have played very shakily since the big delay.

But this is one of the reasons the nba has become unwatchable at times, a foul called on every damn possession. Theres no flow to these games.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Why is LeBron shooting free throws? He's the one who committed the foul there. At least wade waited till the finals to get some extra calls.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, the foul on Teyshawn Prince was bull.

Still, 48-48 going into the half, after the Pistons shot terribly (outside of Rip, who's the man with 16), and the Cavaliers shot well.

There's not much else LeBron could have done this half. I'll be surprised if he scores 20. He's having to face up against at least two players every time he touches the ball, and he's getting fouled hard every time he takes the lane. All told, the Pistons have limited him to two actual shots, missing both. Pistons are forcing him to score from the line.

Everything but one thing is in the Pistons favor right now. The crowd's out of it. The Cavs are out of it. LeBron's completely out of it. The Cavs shooters are starting to miss. The Pistons are starting to hit shots. The Cavs are committing turnovers and the Pistons are starting to get to the line. Their best shooter, Rip, is making everything, and Rasheed looks like he's ready to bust out as well.

The one thing going against the Pistons is foul trouble. All the Cavs are in the clear, but Prince, McDyess, and Webber have 3. And Hamilton has 2.

The Pistons have to start shooting better -- and a large part of that is allowing good shooters to remain out of foul trouble and on the floor.

LeBron's hands are tied. There's not much else he can do but continue getting his hands on the ball, absorbing three defenders, find the open man and pray. All he can do right now is keep hitting free throws, because that's all he's going to get if the Pistons remain true to their gameplan.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't know why Sheed doesn't guard Z.

Webber and Dice should be on Gooden or Varejo.

Can anybody tell me why this isn't done?

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:00 PM
End of 3rd. Cavs by 1.

Well again, it comes down to several things.

1. Can the Pistons shoot halfway well?
2. Can the Pistons stay out of foul trouble?
3. Can the Pistosn continue to keep LeBron corraled?

If the answer is yes to at least two of those questions, we're heading back to Detroit.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Brilliant. Lindsey & Flip out there with Prince who is about 2-89 in the series.

The coaching in this series is starting to give me a headache.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I want to know why Billups is so ****ing quiet.

He's been the second best PG in the league the last four years. Why's he chosen now to revert to irrelevance?

MAN the Pistons are KILLING on the offensive boards.

C'MON PISTONS. DON'T FAIL ME NOW.

BWillie
06-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Daniel Gibson is draining everything he's looking at. That kid could be something next year if he learns how to play point guard well.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:08 PM
He's been the second best PG in the league the last four years. Why's he chosen now to revert to irrelevance?

3rd best. Billups has never been better than Kidd and Nash has been better the last 3 years.

Billups always seems to struggle against physical guards though. Its why Kidd usually shuts him down.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:10 PM
This is really embarrassingly bad defense from Detroit.

This is over.

Congratulations to the Cavs, they deserved to win the series.

Ari Chi3fs
06-02-2007, 09:11 PM
what is the score?

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:13 PM
69-79, Cavs.

Let's face it, these two teams are evenly matched, but the Cavs have wanted it more from Game 1.

The Pistons never found their passion, and the plethora of bad calls today didn't make things better.

8 minutes left, but this series is over. Detroit haven't shot remotely well, and their foul problems continue to compound this late in the game.

Anyong Bluth
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
This is really embarrassingly bad defense from Detroit.

This is over.

Congratulations to the Cavs, they deserved to win the series.

I'm rooting for Cleveland for no other reason then to see Lebron cont. to keep playing, but I wouldn't sleep on Detroit getting back into this. They've done it to Chicago the series before and this series. I don't hate Detroit, I just liken them to the Pats, tired of seeing them ALL the time.

HolmeZz
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Dunno how Sheed hasn't got T'd up yet.

HolmeZz
06-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Dunno how Sheed hasn't got T'd up yet.

There we go.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Nobody give Sheed a towel.........

Anyong Bluth
06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Sheed just wrapped this up, can't see Detroit winning a game 7 even if they snuck away from this game with a W. He's hurt his team, but like Rodman, he's an emotional player that at the end of the day does his team less service if he can't play that way.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I can no longer view Detroit as a top level defense. My God Gibson is on fire and no one can find him in transition?

How many threes does he need to make before they send a defender his way?

Fruit Ninja
06-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow, Detroit even show up? they completely collapsed.

Grats to Cleveland. They should enjoy this, the Spurs are going to run them over, but it will be good for the whole Cav's team.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Gibson is exactly what LeBron's going to need for the next 10 years. A sharpshooter on the wings.

If he improves his defense he may turn in an All Star year someday, but mainly he could be a perfect spot shooter for this team.

LeBron just needs a true PG field general to run things and a little more depth, and this team is championship grade.

They aren't championship grade this year, as the Spurs will harshly remind them. They can conquer the weaker East for many years, but they're going to have to get a lot thicker on the roster and another option or two on their offense, and then they might be there.

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Grats to Cleveland. They should enjoy this, the Spurs are going to run them over, but it will be good for the whole Cav's team.Yep.

Anyong Bluth
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I can no longer view Detroit as a top level defense. My God Gibson is on fire and no one can find him in transition?

How many threes does he need to make before they send a defender his way?

Detroit's decision to try to lock down LeBron has backfired. Even w/ Gooden having a dump of a night, it's a stupid move to try to strictly double or TRIPLE!??!? team him. They are still NBA players, and you're D is going to suffer significantly with this approach. Just think of the number of times they've been out of position for rebounds due to this D approach. Switching up man and zone, with help side is a much better approach- see what Utah did to frustrate Duncan in that series. Yeah, they got killed, but that's not a surprise, but Sloan at least had his head out of @ss and realized you can't neglect the fact that you'd have an open shot on every possession by doing what Detroit has done!

STUPID1

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
They aren't championship grade this year, as the Spurs will harshly remind them. They can conquer the weaker East for many years, but they're going to have to get a lot thicker on the roster and another option or two on their offense, and then they might be there.

This is probably gonna be similar to the Utah series. LeBron will play the role of Deron Williams...Spurs will shut down everyone else. The Spurs aren't going to let the Cavs rain threes down on them, hell they managed to stop the Suns from beyond the arc.

Anyong Bluth
06-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Gibson is exactly what LeBron's going to need for the next 10 years. A sharpshooter on the wings.

If he improves his defense he may turn in an All Star year someday, but mainly he could be a perfect spot shooter for this team.

LeBron just needs a true PG field general to run things and a little more depth, and this team is championship grade.

It's not going to get any easier, with Portland and Seattle getting Oden and Durant next year, the west will still DOMINATE. Portland is going to be sick in 2-3 years. Dirty good.

noa
06-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Sheed is a dumbass.

the Talking Can
06-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Rasheed Wallace is such a bitch.

No one in the NBA deserves to have a ring less than he does. He's spent a career literally crying.

You know if refs could make a list of the players they'd most like to kick in the balls, "'Sheed" would be #1.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Whoever here said the Pistons' plan backfired was right -- I called that after the first quarter. They shut down LeBron, but all the open looks got everybody else into the game. It wouldn't have been a bad strategy if they had shot even remotely well, but you can't practice hindsight from the present.

To the Cavs' credit, they're going to run full-speed at the Spurs. They wanted this series with unbelievable passion, but the Spurs play with far more discipline than the Pistons showed this series.

Fruit Ninja
06-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Lebron's dick is going to be so sore from the polishing he's going to be getting from the media. ITs not like its already there, but this will just be bad. I dont think i will be watching espn til this is over. Its going to be that bad. lol Just like Wade last year. :(

Basileus777
Billups may leave in free agency. Will Detroit blow it up this season, dynasty over et al?

Direckshun
Wade deserved it last year and LeBron deserves it this year.

Fruit Ninja
06-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Detroit had no dynasty, they had a damn good team, but this should be in. Brown leaving the team was the worst thing that could happen to the Pistons.

the Talking Can
06-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Detroit's era is over, they'll have to make some changes, and its clear the coach and players aren't on the same page. And Billups is not the same player.

James still needs his "Scottie Pippen" for domination of the East...Gibson is playing well, but I'm not sure he is that guy long term.

The Cav's will probably lose in 6. Find a true PG, and find a Big who can run unlike Illgrauskakeakasus (who has been on the bench the entire 4th quarter). James is so much better at a fast tempo.

Fruit Ninja
06-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Wade deserved it last year and LeBron deserves it this year.
As long as Lebron doesnt get every foul call just like Wade did last year. That shit was horrible to watch.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Billups may leave in free agency. Will Detroit blow it up this season, dynasty over et al?
How old is the starting lineup? They had a bad series and they were softened up by the duds they faced beforehand.

Really, Detroit's just one piece away -- Ben Wallace. They starting lineup was built with such delicate chemistry that losing one piece has caused the others to fall out of place. If they can get a defensive stopper down low, they'll be back next year.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
As long as Lebron doesnt get every foul call just like Wade did last year. That shit was horrible to watch.

If LeBron was as aggressive as Wade he would just as many calls, probably more. Unfortunately for the Cavs, thats not often.

And LeBron scored 14 out his 20 points today from the line.

the Talking Can
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
and whoever came up with the "witness" campaign for NIKE deserves a raise...good timing...

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Detroit's era is over, they'll have to make some changes, and its clear the coach and players aren't on the same page. And Billups is not the same player.

James still needs his "Scottie Pippen" for domination of the East...Gibson is playing well, but I'm not sure he is that guy long term.

The Cav's will probably lose in 6. Find a true PG, and find a Big who can run unlike Illgrauskakeakasus (who has been on the bench the entire 4th quarter). James is so much better at a fast tempo.
He doesn't need a Scottie Pippen. He needs a true field general PG and he needs more role players and better depth on the front line.

the Talking Can
06-02-2007, 09:44 PM
He doesn't need a Scottie Pippen. He needs a true field general PG and he needs more role players and better depth on the front line.

ok

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-02-2007, 09:45 PM
The Witness campaign was used last year too. They had posters up all over out here.

FWIW, Daniel Gibson can be a servicable player, but for the Cavs to contend, they are going to have to find a way to dump Larry Hughes' contract so that they can get a top 5-7 SF for LeBron to run with.

They also need to try and dump Ilgauskas. He kills them on the defensive end and can't run at all.

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
ok
I win by forfeit.

Baconeater
06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
and whoever came up with the "witness" campaign for NIKE deserves a raise...good timing...
I'm sure it's a little more than a coincidence.

the Talking Can
06-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm sure it's a little more than a coincidence.

yeah, but I mean the timing of it with his game 5 performance....that's a marketing equivalent of a winning lottery ticket....

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Did the Cavs win the NBA title just now? They are celebrating like they did. Shame these fans will be so sad in a couple weeks.

Simply Red
06-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I haven't read everything on here. But clearly losing B. Wallace has really affected their unity/chemistry.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 09:55 PM
I haven't read everything on here. But clearly losing B. Wallace has really affected their unity/chemistry.

Detroit has been self-destructing in the playoffs ever since Larry Brown left. I think it's him they miss, not Ben Wallace. Though Ben's would have helped their defense greatly.

Flip Saunders needs to be fired.

Simply Red
06-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Did the Cavs win the NBA title just now? They are celebrating like they did. Shame these fans will be so sad in a couple weeks.
Yeah, but who'd have really believed they'd beat the Pistons? Anything can happen now. Like you though, I really doubt it. However this is a success in-it's-self for the Cavs...

Simply Red
06-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Detroit has been self-destructing in the playoffs ever since Larry Brown left. I think it's him they miss, not Ben Wallace. Though Ben's would have helped their defense greatly.

Flip Saunders needs to be fired.
Oh, Don't get me wrong losing LB was big. But the lack of the extra big presence hasn't helped and is one of the leads in the decline of their success.

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Did the Cavs win the NBA title just now? They are celebrating like they did. Shame these fans will be so sad in a couple weeks.Its their 1st Finals appearence. Imagine how KC would be if we won the AFC title.
This is pretty much their championship, Cavs fans know they can't get past SA...

HolmeZz
06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Making the finals might as well = winning it all. They didn't expect to be here, especially down 2-0.

It's the equivalent of Golden State celebrating this way after winning a first round series.

Basileus777
The Cavs should be grateful that they aren't playing Phoenix. I remember watching a nationally televised Suns-Cavs matchup earlier in the season. The Cavaliers got blown out so badly the announcers were saying they were not even in the same league as the Suns. I don't think they will beat the Spurs, but they at least have a chance. The Suns would sweep them easily.

The Eastern Conference is unbelievably weak. The Suns got eliminated in the second round, while the Cavs are going to the finals.

Simply Red
Its their 1st Finals appearence. Imagine how KC would be if we won the AFC title.
This is pretty much their championship, Cavs fans know they can't get past SA...
Doubtful but not impossible...

Simply Red
06-02-2007, 10:05 PM
The Cavs should be grateful that they aren't playing Phoenix. I remember watching a nationally televised Suns-Cavs matchup earlier in the season. The Cavaliers got blown out so badly the announcers were saying they were not even in the same league as the Suns. I don't think they will beat the Spurs, but they at least have a chance. The Suns would sweep them easily.

The Eastern Conference is unbelievably weak. The Suns got eliminated in the second round, while the Cavs are going to the finals.
That is an excellent point.

Pitt Gorilla
06-02-2007, 10:08 PM
The Witness campaign was used last year too. They had posters up all over out here.

FWIW, Daniel Gibson can be a servicable player, but for the Cavs to contend, they are going to have to find a way to dump Larry Hughes' contract so that they can get a top 5-7 SF for LeBron to run with.

They also need to try and dump Ilgauskas. He kills them on the defensive end and can't run at all.Look at it this way; if Boozer hadn't screwed them in the ass, they would have used Hughes' money to lock him up. I'm not defending the signing, but they were trying to recover after Boozer flipped them the bird. They also wouldn't have Gooden, and you can take that as you will.

Pitt Gorilla
06-02-2007, 10:09 PM

I understand your thinking, but the Spurs beat the Suns.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Look at it this way; if Boozer hadn't screwed them in the ass, they would have used Hughes' money to lock him up. I'm not defending the signing, but they were trying to recover after Boozer flipped them the bird. They also wouldn't have Gooden, and you can take that as you will.

Boozer's move was Grade AAA dickhead, but Jim Paxon deserves some of the blame for that, being stupid enough to trust a guy on an oral committment.

Gooden and Hughes unfortunately have no trade value. The best thing they can hope for is that they both play well enough next year to make themselves viable pieces for a contender in the West.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I think the Spurs will win 5, maybe 6. They are just too experienced for the Cavs and I don't think Hughes/Gibson will be able to keep up with Parker.
Parker and Ginobili will run circles around the Cavs backcourt and nobody can stop Tim Duncan. The Spurs inside-out plays and quick passing (which is what Detroit should have played more of and didn't) will neutralize the Cavs' defensive speed.

Hypothetical situation.....Manu Ginobili drives to the hoop and makes "contact" with Varejao, both go sprawling 15 feet like they just got hit with a grenade. Block or charge? Let the flop fest 07 begin!

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Tell you what's going to be the most fun to watch...

Everybody say it with me...

LeBron vs. Bowen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-02-2007, 10:23 PM
LeBron will destroy Bowen straight up...look for Bruce to do something particularly dirty that instigates a near brawl in this series.

Basileus777
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM
LeBron will destroy Bowen straight up...look for Bruce to do something particularly dirty that instigates a near brawl in this series.

Nike will design new shoes for LeBron that prevent ankle injuries when players land on other players feet after jump shots.

Bowen can't stop Lebron. James is too physical and Bowen can't rape him like he did Nash.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Nike will design new shoes for LeBron that prevent ankle injuries when players land on other players feet after jump shots.

Bowen can't stop Lebron. James is too physical and Bowen can't rape him like he did Nash.

It's not about Bowen physically dominating him, it's about him cheapshotting him on a breakaway dunk, or undercutting him. He'll do something bush league like that.

Mark it down.

noa
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm not going to lie, I would love to have Bruce Bowen on my team.