PDA

View Full Version : Spastic Royals take 2nd in Tampa

keg in kc
06-02-2007, 09:25 PM
9-4. 13 hits.

So..after losing 7 straight at home, they can't do worse than split this road series.

Bizarre.

BWillie
06-02-2007, 09:29 PM
They are still shitty.

HemiEd
06-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Growing Pains! We all knew it was coming, glad to see a win.

Time for the old favorite of mine. "they just have to learn how to win."

petegz28
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
If only we could play Tampa every game!!! They actually look like we did a month ago.

alanm
06-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Growing Pains! We all knew it was coming, glad to see a win.

Time for the old favorite of mine. "they just have to learn how to win."
I think their going to play spastic for the rest of the season. Winning and losing streaks both. :banghead:
But I can see a definite improvement overall.

mikey23545
06-03-2007, 12:30 AM
I think their going to play spastic for the rest of the season. Winning and losing streaks both. :banghead:
But I can see a definite improvement overall.

I don't know...It seems like improvement would eliminate losing streaks that long...Two or three losses in a row is one thing, but seven?...

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Gordon still can't hit a baseball.

Sam Hall
06-03-2007, 12:53 AM
I don't understand why they feel more comfortable on the road. Emil Brown said tonight that the hitters get excited when they go to different ballparks. The K isn't hitter friendly but they shouldn't be that bad at home.

Anyong Bluth
06-03-2007, 02:23 AM
I grew up in KC and remember what it was like to have a top notch club, and I've supported the team through good and bad, but I've been in Chicago lately and talked to a number of Sox fans that are pretty knowledgeable, and they have said that they fully expect KC to make serious noise in 2-4 years.

One can hope, but its been hard being a fan and watching them give up the biggest lead since the all star break to lose a division title and the rest. I'll still always be a fan, no matter what, simply because I love the Royals and Chiefs, no matter their shortcomings.

chiefsfan987
06-03-2007, 04:17 AM
I don't understand why they feel more comfortable on the road. Emil Brown said tonight that the hitters get excited when they go to different ballparks. The K isn't hitter friendly but they shouldn't be that bad at home.

I think the recent road success has to do with catching clubs at the right time more so than it does being on the road. When they were beating the A's, the A's were struggling to score runs and were without their closer. When they played the Rockies they weren't playing a very good team and they too were struggling to score runs. Now they're playing Tampa Bay who also isn't a very good team and their pitching is terrible.

petegz28
06-03-2007, 07:35 AM

Actually George Brett said he could pick up the spin on the ball better at the K than anywhere else.

Demonpenz
06-03-2007, 10:13 AM
it depends on what kind of hitter you are. The K should add 10 points on your BA especially with today's below par fielders in the outfield because how big the gaps are.