PDA

View Full Version : NBA > NHL

Coogs
06-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Check out the Stanley Cup thread. 320 some posts in 2 months. Over 100 posts on the last game and a half for the NBA on the Planet.

Sprint Center needs to go after the Sonics hard. And don't tell me this is any more of a college area and the NBA won't work. The college game and the NBA both work fine in Indiana.

milkman
06-02-2007, 09:33 PM
NBA>NFL?

Are you ****ing high?

Coogs
06-02-2007, 09:34 PM
NBA>NFL?

Are you ****ing high?

Well I have had about a 6 pack or so already! :)

God, I must be drunk. Just realized I typed NFL instead of NHL.

milkman
06-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Well I have had about a 6 pack or so already! :)

I'd have to be drunk, high, and the only man in an orgy with the Laker girls before a proclamation like that.

Coogs
06-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I'd have to be drunk, high, and the only man in an orgy with the Laker girls before a proclamation like that.

I corrected my error Milkman. I meant NHL instead of NFL. Huge mistake.

NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA, which is >>> than NHL.

Fruit Ninja
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
NBA has a great product now. I know most people like to bash it, but there's really nothing left to bash. Sure there are a few bad seeds, but what sport doesnt have them?

milkman
06-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I corrected my error Milkman. I meant NHL instead of NFL. Huge mistake.

NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA, which is >>> than NHL.

I knew that's what you mean't to say.

Just having a little fun with it.

Coogs
06-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I knew that's what you mean't to say.

Just having a little fun with it.

I about crapped when I re-read the thread title and saw NBA>NFL. :shake:

morphius
06-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Hockey moves to fast to have much discussion, and there are not anywhere near the number of fouls that slow down other sports. Plus Hockey was smart enough to actually let their players switch out without stopping the clock, tell me that it wouldn't be cool if they were to do that in the NBA?

Direckshun
06-02-2007, 10:03 PM
NFL

NBA

MLB

NHL

keg in kc
06-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Monday Night Raw gets higher ratings than the NBA Playoffs.

Which I guess means WWE>NBA

milkman
06-02-2007, 10:10 PM

Well hell, the National Spelling Bee is on Network TV.

Which I guess means National Spelling Bee>NHL.

unothadeal
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM

WRESTLINGS NOT A SPORT!!!!! YOUR A HICK FOR WATCHING IT!!!!! WRESTLINGS FAKE!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

milkman
06-02-2007, 10:16 PM
WRESTLINGS NOT A SPORT!!!!! YOUR A HICK FOR WATCHING IT!!!!! WRESTLINGS FAKE!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

Wrestling is a fake sport, but it's real problem is the horrific acting.

unothadeal
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Wrestling is a fake sport, but it's real problem is the horrific acting.
No argument here.

keg in kc
06-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Wrestling is a fake sport, but it's real problem is the horrific acting.Professional wrestling is hard to pigeon-hole. I don't know that I would ever use the word "fake" to describe it. I'd probably say 'choreographed', in the same vein as gymnastics. Because everything they *do* is real, although the outcomes that are predetermined. Which is, at the same time, why I don't call it a sport (unlike gymnastics...). Best I can say is that it's an athletic exhibition.

And yes, the acting is often really, really bad.

milkman
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Professional wrestling is hard to pigeon-hole. I don't know that I would ever use the word "fake" to describe it. I'd probably say 'choreographed', in the same vein as gymnastics. Because everything they *do* is real, although the outcomes that are predetermined. Which is, at the same time, why I don't call it a sport (unlike gymnastics...). Best I can say is that it's an athletic exhibition.

And yes, the acting is often really, really bad.

Good post, although I don't call gymnastics a sport.

I call them athletic competition.

keg in kc
06-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I struggled over that classification myself. I've never really gotten a handle on what delineates a 'competitive sport' and an 'athletic competition', and I wasn't sure into which category I'd place things like amateur wrestling, golf, gymnastics, etc.

Fruit Ninja
06-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Good post, although I don't call gymnastics a sport.

I call them athletic competition.
Isnt athletic competition a sport? what defines a sport really?

milkman
06-02-2007, 10:40 PM
I struggled over that classification myself. I've never really gotten a handle on what delineates a 'competitive sport' and an 'athletic competition', and I wasn't sure into which category I'd place things like amateur wrestling, golf, gymnastics, etc.

Yeah, it's difficult.

But to me, any athletic endeavor whose winner is determined by a judge, or panel of judges, does not fall into my definition of "sports".

milkman
06-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Sport has a pretty broad definition, so I've narrowed it for my own satisfaction.

Hell, by the dictionary definition of sport, the game Twister would be considered a sport.

HemiEd
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
ON TV, they both suck, the NBA a little less. They are both a great time live, and in person though.

morphius
06-02-2007, 10:49 PM
My personal feeling on the subject is that there must be an opponent that has a direct effect on the outcome. Golf, your only competition is how well you can do, Bowling, Gymnastics, Diving, Swimming, Dancing, are all indirect influences such as pressure or someone just being better.

Fruit Ninja
06-02-2007, 10:51 PM
If you compete and your body is taking a beating, imo its a sport.

milkman
06-02-2007, 10:52 PM
My personal feeling on the subject is that there must be an opponent that has a direct effect on the outcome. Golf, your only competition is how well you can do, Bowling, Gymnastics, Diving, Swimming, Dancing, are all indirect influences such as pressure or someone just being better.

That is how I see it, as well.

Pitt Gorilla
06-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I love the NBA & the NHL. It's difficult not to like either one, IMO. The Cavs have been fun to watch throughout the playoffs and playoff hockey is always top notch.

I guess I didn't realize that there are still "sports fans" who don't like hockey. How in the hell does that happen? You don't like great passing, heavy hitting, and incredible passing throughout the game?

Pitt Gorilla
06-02-2007, 11:04 PM
My personal feeling on the subject is that there must be an opponent that has a direct effect on the outcome. Golf, your only competition is how well you can do, Bowling, Gymnastics, Diving, Swimming, Dancing, are all indirect influences such as pressure or someone just being better.Yup, that's how I tend to describe it.

morphius
06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
If you compete and your body is taking a beating, imo its a sport.
So, seeing who can run into a wall the hardest is a sport?

milkman
06-02-2007, 11:09 PM
I love the NBA & the NHL. It's difficult not to like either one, IMO. The Cavs have been fun to watch throughout the playoffs and playoff hockey is always top notch.

I guess I didn't realize that there are still "sports fans" who don't like hockey. How in the hell does that happen? You don't like great passing, heavy hitting, and incredible passing throughout the game?

In my young days when I was getting into sports, hockey was nothing more than goons that could skate.

I just didn't enjoy that.

It's evolved from those days, but I just haven't taken the time to learn more about it.

I don't dislike it.
I just haven't gotten into it.

Psyko Tek
06-02-2007, 11:18 PM

A sport has cheerleaders

Fruit Ninja
06-03-2007, 01:01 AM
So, seeing who can run into a wall the hardest is a sport?
Have you actually seen anyone doing this? if so, let me know, then i would probalby say yes.

ClevelandBronco
06-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Have you actually seen anyone doing this? if so, let me know, then i would probalby say yes.

Happens often in hockey. Ideally there's an opponent between you the wall..

Ultra Peanut
06-03-2007, 03:05 AM
A sport has cheerleadersWrestling is a sport!

http://imgred.com/http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/db/240px-SpiritSquad.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ub_zMpLPRfk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ub_zMpLPRfk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3YeHw44PwU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U3YeHw44PwU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SoCalBronco
06-03-2007, 03:30 AM
NHL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA

Deberg_1990
06-03-2007, 03:32 AM
NHL = Organized Chaos

its like soccer: Fun to play, a chore to watch.

Prince22
06-03-2007, 11:47 AM

If you have a problem with the NBA you have a problem with yourself

Brock
06-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Nobody has cared about the NBA since Jordan left. However, nobody has ever cared about the NHL. So, you are correct, NBA>NHL.

jidar
06-03-2007, 11:55 AM
The NBA is certainly improving. They hit rock bottom with the Pistons/Pacers incident and have been getting better ever since.

I don't know what the **** is going on with NHL. It could take them a decade to recover from that strike. It's also boring as shit to watch on tv.

WWE is not a sport, it's theatre.

milkman
06-03-2007, 11:59 AM
If you have a problem with the NBA you have a problem with yourself

Get over yourself, dumbass.

keg in kc
06-03-2007, 12:06 PM
If you have a problem with the NBA you have a problem with yourselfWell, it's either that or I don't like basketball.

Thanks for playing, though. Maybe next time.

Prince22
06-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Get over yourself, dumbass.

Thats a Jim Rome line dumbass. Get over yourself

keg in kc
06-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Jim Rome. Something else I don't like. So I wouldn't get the reference.

milkman
06-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Thats a Jim Rome line dumbass. Get over yourself

So you quote a loudmouth blowhard that probably 80-85% of the planet population doesn't listen to, and make no indication of that fact, and expect us to get the reference?

You really are a ****ing dumbass

unothadeal
06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
If you have a problem with the NBA you have a problem with yourself /jim rome
There. All is well.

morphius
06-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I used to specialize in garage doors, stupid party gag...

morphius
06-03-2007, 12:28 PM
NHL = Organized Chaos

its like soccer: Fun to play, a chore to watch.
Basketball is every bit as disorganized, unless you call having more penalties "organization"...

Prince22
06-03-2007, 12:40 PM
So you quote a loudmouth blowhard that probably 80-85% of the planet population doesn't listen to, and make no indication of that fact, and expect us to get the reference?

You really are a ****ing dumbass

I'm very sorry. I did not realize listening to a sports talk show made me a dumbass.

milkman
06-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm very sorry. I did not realize listening to a sports talk show made me a dumbass.

Listening to a sports talk show, regardless of who the host is, doesn't make you a dumbass.

Quoting that show's host with the expectation that people will get it, when that show is not popular to a large portion of the planet, makes you a dumbass.

Prince22
06-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Listening to a sports talk show, regardless of who the host is, doesn't make you a dumbass.

Quoting that show's host with the expectation that people will get it, when that show is not popular to a large portion of the planet, makes you a dumbass.

And what makes your life miserable is that you get so bent out of shape over a simple quote. Get a life loser

Brock
06-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Idiotic to think that Jim Rome saying something makes it credible.

BWillie
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
The NBA is certainly improving. They hit rock bottom with the Pistons/Pacers incident and have been getting better ever since.

I don't know what the **** is going on with NHL. It could take them a decade to recover from that strike. It's also boring as shit to watch on tv.

WWE is not a sport, it's theatre.

What I don't understand is when guys get into a fight in an NBA basketball game, they are known as Thugs and the public despises them. However, in hockey, you can sever a guys spinal column, bust out a guys teeth, and fight a million times more than in the NBA and it's no big deal. The fan's and media love it when there are fights in hockey, but in NBA they are labeled thugs just because they are black?

morphius
06-03-2007, 02:11 PM
What I don't understand is when guys get into a fight in an NBA basketball game, they are known as Thugs and the public despises them. However, in hockey, you can sever a guys spinal column, bust out a guys teeth, and fight a million times more than in the NBA and it's no big deal. The fan's and media love it when there are fights in hockey, but in NBA they are labeled thugs just because they are black?
Basketball isn't supposed to be a contact sport, Hockey is a contact sport, and the rules get tougher on it in hockey all the time. There are rules against instigating, if someone jumps in it is even a worse penalty. Plus it can put your team down a player, which can't happen in Basketball.

Demonpenz
06-03-2007, 02:15 PM
hopefully the 1 year rule saves college basketball. The last 5 years have been brutal