PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Training Camp to be featured on HBO this summer.

Bill Parcells
06-03-2007, 08:32 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Kansas City Chiefs fans will get a rare insider's look at training camp this summer. The team announced Saturday it will be the subject of HBO's sports-reality show Hard Knocks.

The HBO cameras, in association with NFL Films, will be given exclusive access to meetings and practice for the five-week training camp in River Falls, Wis.

It's the third time HBO has featured an NFL training camp. Previously, the Baltimore Ravens and Dallas Cowboys were the subject, in 2001 and 2002.

"There are no scripts or retakes for us as filmmakers in a series like Hard Knocks," said NFL Films president Steve Sabol.

Kansas City Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson confirmed that the team will have veto rights on all content in the show.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/06/02/bc.fbn.chiefs.hbo.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl

What does everybody think about that?

Sorry if repost

blueballs
06-03-2007, 08:34 AM
share the Herm

Bob Dole
06-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Why are they still putting this on HBO when they have the NFL Network?

Bill Parcells
06-03-2007, 09:01 AM
It's a continuation of that show HBO did with the Ravens a couple of years ago. I think it's strictly between the team and HBO.

I'm assuming nobody wanted the distraction in TC after the Ravens did it.

Bob Dole
06-03-2007, 09:28 AM
It's a continuation of that show HBO did with the Ravens a couple of years ago. I think it's strictly between the team and HBO.

And NFL Films...

Bill Parcells
06-03-2007, 09:30 AM
And NFL Films...
Yep, forgot about that.

Mile High Mania
06-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Ahhh, so now I understand why Carl is letting all this Trent hype go crazy... it's a made for TV offseason. Very nice, should be good TV drama.

Nzoner
06-03-2007, 10:38 AM

I said this this in the other thread but look on the positive side HBO=no censorship of Gunther,should be a plethora of F bombs

Phobia
06-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I said this this in the other thread but look on the positive side HBO=no censorship of Gunther,should be a plethora of F bombs

Gunther cleaned it up when Herm came to town.

unothadeal
06-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Sorry if repost
You better be.

SNR
06-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Gunther cleaned it up when Herm came to town.No. Gunther cleaned it up when players finally started cutting off their mutha****ing sleeves

GoHuge
06-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I think the whole uncensored part is really going to give us a good look at what kind of people these guys are. I can't wait!

Phobia
06-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I think the whole uncensored part is really going to give us a good look at what kind of people these guys are. I can't wait!

Do you really believe the Chiefs are going to allow HBO to unabashedly air everything that could make the team look bad?

Smed1065
06-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Kansas City Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson confirmed that the team will have veto rights on all content in the show.

Phobia
06-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Which means that they'll be lucky to get 30 minutes of acceptable footage per day. The HBO crew may not be very fond of Bob Moore and crew for long.

noa
06-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Do they broadcast as training camp is going on, or do they wait until its all over to put the show together?

Phobia
06-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Do they broadcast as training camp is going on, or do they wait until its all over to put the show together?

It's all edited and pieced together to prove as much interesting stuff condensed into a smaller package.