PDA

View Full Version : We just adopted a 2 year old

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 02:08 PM
A two year old black Lab, that is. Three weeks ago, on Mother's Day no less, we had to take our 11 yr old dog to the animal emergency center where she was diagnosed with internal bleeding. Since she was having other problems as well, we decided to put her down. It wasn't a good day to say the least.

So we've been looking to adopt another dog, and a couple days ago my wife was getting her hair done when the subject came up. Turns out the hairdresser's mother had this dog that belonged to a family member who had recently passed, and was looking for a permanent home for her.

Of course, once we met her, it was love at first sight. Pics forthcoming.

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 02:10 PM
The first thing I found out was that she didn't like the camera, so I had to ambush her to get this pic, so the focus isn't great.

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Had to sneak up on her for this one as well.

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 02:13 PM
This time the Mrs had to encourage her to pose. You can tell she is overjoyed with the whole idea.

morphius
06-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Is it pure lab? We have a black mix that is two and doesn't seem to have the front chest width that one has.

Good looking dog!

Bill Parcells
06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Black labs rock! that's a cute dog, dude!

Sorry to hear about your other dog.

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 02:20 PM
It's supposed to be a purebred, but I thought her head looked a bit big for a Lab, almost like she had some pit bull in her. We'll know for sure if she attacks any of the neighbor children.

Bill Parcells
06-03-2007, 02:21 PM
BTW..I also like the linoleum floor and the plush carpeting in the Bugeater household. :D

big nasty kcnut
06-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Nice looking dog.

icepick64
06-03-2007, 02:29 PM
BTW..I also like the linoleum floor and the plush carpeting in the Bugeater household. :D

I am sure the lab will like it a lot also

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Beautiful dog.

morphius
06-03-2007, 02:33 PM
It's supposed to be a purebred, but I thought her head looked a bit big for a Lab, almost like she had some pit bull in her. We'll know for sure if she attacks any of the neighbor children.
I expected ours to get broader in the front then she is, she is pretty thin of build for what is supposed to be half German Sheppard and half Black Lab.

NewChief
06-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Pretty girl. Looks pretty much purebred to me. Labs vary quite a bit these days with the development of field dogs vs. show dogs.

Phobia
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM

That's not linoleum, it's Nebraska natural stone.

Demonpenz
06-03-2007, 03:20 PM
i have about the same exept it has some sharpea in it. Pure bred? Not for the demon family. We just pick up strays

morphius
06-03-2007, 03:39 PM
i have about the same exept it has some sharpea in it. Pure bred? Not for the demon family. We just pick up strays
Yup, all 3 of our pets came from animal rescue type places.

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Yup, all 3 of our pets came from animal rescue type places.
We had originally planned on that and have been looking around, but we hadn't found quite the right fit yet when this deal dropped out of the sky. I kind of feel bad because the pound dogs are often in a more urgent situation. They're also very depressing places, you go there and you just want to save them all.

morphius
06-03-2007, 04:07 PM
We had originally planned on that and have been looking around, but we hadn't found quite the right fit yet when this deal dropped out of the sky. I kind of feel bad because the pound dogs are often in a more urgent situation. They're also very depressing places, you go there and you just want to save them all.
Yeah, but you still took a dog out of a situation where the people really didn't want him either, so it is all good. Of course what can I say, the two cats were only 6 weeks old, and those tend to go quickly, and the Lab was 6 months old.

The lab is odd, I have never seen a dog that could care less about being pet, you try to pet her she just runs for a toy hoping to play fetch. Love=Fetch, is just an odd thing for me to grasp.

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, but you still took a dog out of a situation where the people really didn't want him either, so it is all good. Of course what can I say, the two cats were only 6 weeks old, and those tend to go quickly, and the Lab was 6 months old.

The lab is odd, I have never seen a dog that could care less about being pet, you try to pet her she just runs for a toy hoping to play fetch. Love=Fetch, is just an odd thing for me to grasp.
Heh, ours is the same way with the fetch thing. She never tires of it, we have to hide the tennis balls when we're done playing because if she finds one she'll set it at the top of the porch steps and start barking until someone comes to play with her. Our former dog, a lab mix, couldn't have cared less to play at all. She was pretty lazy.

Skip Towne
06-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Big Daddy in 5, 4, 3......

crazycoffey
06-03-2007, 04:41 PM
congrats, good looking dog

blueballs
06-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I'll pick her up at 7
and have her home by midnight

Bill Parcells
06-03-2007, 04:47 PM
That's not linoleum, it's Nebraska natural stone.
I almost fell for this one.

Damnit Phobia! :cuss:

:p