PDA

View Full Version : The Green Deal Will Happen

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 04:04 PM
With the Chargers making their deal it is almost certain that they take Tomlinson at #5 assuming the Browns don't take him at #3...Regardless that leaves only McCallister, who I prefer over Tomlinson, as the only legit 1st round back to make it to us at #12...Unlikely to happen....Thus CP and DV will make the Green trade and give up #12...

This is starting to make me sick...Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Green as our starting QB...Probably more than just about anyone. He is a fellow Hoosier, him and I umpired little league games together during the summer when he was at IU...So I have more of an emotional attachment to seeing him wearing the Red and Gold than most...But with my bias aside I still don't think it is worth the 12th pick...He only has two years on his contract and will be wanting to renegotiate very shortly. He has a bad knee that he has to warm up on an exercise bike before every practice and game which tells you it is not close to being normal and he is no spring chicken at age 31...

This is something I will be able to overcome if Morgan is already off the board...But if he is available at #12 and we make the deal I will be sickened...

Rausch
04-20-2001, 04:06 PM
Would it be possible to trade down and THEN trade with the Lambs for Green?

So we can get a 2nd rounder regardless....

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 04:10 PM
Anything is possible...That would make the most sense but for whatever reason I think the Scrams feel like they have CP and DV by the nuts and would then up their price if the #12 disappeared...

I feel like we are cows being led to slaughter...That fact that it is the Scrams doing it only makes matters worse...

Rausch
04-20-2001, 04:15 PM
I didn't dislike the Rams until this past year....

Now my hatred for them is only second to The Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers....

I take that back, they beat the chargers now....

CanadaKC
04-20-2001, 04:16 PM
I must say...the Falcons got Vick for a song. Basically,
the deal ends up being a swap of first-rounders...
then the Falcons give them what equals three 3rd round picks:
- their 3rd rounder this draft
- a second rounder next year (which will be the equivalent of a 3rd rounder in next year's draft)
- and WR Tim Dwight (a third rounder)

Now, were expected to cough up our high 1st and a 3rd
for Green? I know a Green deal won't go down if we don't at least get a pick back, but I am getting more than a little anxious here!

BTW, look how upset the Charger fans have gotten in Quebec City, once news broke of the blockbuster deal with the Falcons. They're gettin' tribal over there!

Rausch
04-20-2001, 04:24 PM
This trade just makes me sick...

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 04:30 PM
The reason it really bothers me is that it guarantees that Tomlinson is off the board no later than #5 with SD picks which greatly increases the chances that McCallister is gone before the 9ers pick which greatly increases the chances that they will pick Morgan....

We will not get Morgan first and foremost and my second preference in McCallister will almost certainly be gone also...

When CP is done wheeling and dealing we will probably end up giving our whole draft to the Rams for a couple used jock straps and a dozen baseballs.

Rausch
04-20-2001, 04:32 PM
and Green.....I'd trade....no, I still wouldn't...

CanadaKC
04-20-2001, 04:34 PM
I'm with you on this one Brad. The sweet deal for Vick, the impending deal for Green ( I know we're gonna get stiffed because Vermeil and Carl are desperate), the odds were not gonna have that 1st round pick (the Rams will), if we had the 1st round pick...Tomlinson, McAllister, or Morgan won't be there anyways...I believe
Green will be a bust, Rams matching Horne's offer, the whole Vermeil compensation to the Rams saga...should I go on? Carl and company are REALLY testing my resolve as a Chief fan.

...and hating the Rams even more, didn't think it was possible.

NaptownChief
04-20-2001, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by CanadaKC
Carl and company are REALLY testing my resolve as a Chief fan.

My sentiments exactly...If Morgan is on the board at #12 tomorrow and doesn't end up in Arrowhead 8 times a year my resolve may be shattered...

Rausch
04-20-2001, 04:44 PM
I hope you know that I'm still a Chiefs fan. And due to my ever predictable horrible luck, if we DO make the Green trade, either McCalister, Morgan, or Smith WILL FALL to 12....

I get sick at the thought, so of course, it's a lock...

CanadaKC
04-20-2001, 04:47 PM
I feel like that guy in the movie "Airplane!"..."I picked the wrong time to stop smoking, I picked the wrong time to stop drinking...sniffing glue, taking qualudes...
etc."

Where's the Jack Daniels?