PDA

View Full Version : Survey on NFL Sunday Ticket.

Logical
06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Do you have Sunday Ticket?

Did you get it to watch the Chiefs?

Did you get it because you are a rabid football fan?

el borracho
06-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Why would I buy Sunday Ticket when I can go to the bar for free?

Bugeater
06-03-2007, 11:30 PM
I'd love to have it again, but there's no way in hell it's worth having to deal with the ****tards at Directv to get it.

Logical
06-03-2007, 11:30 PM

You have a Bar that is free, I am suprised you ever go home.

Phobia
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I like my recliner and ability to make my own replays better. The price of beer at my house is also quite attractive.

el borracho
06-03-2007, 11:37 PM
You have a Bar that is free, I am suprised you ever go home.
Well, they still charge me for the beer and the food but the tv is free.

bdeg
06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Tried to talk my 4 roommates into going for it but most of them are Bears fans and get most of their games on local(Iowa city). The games that aren't on TV (1/2) I either find a bar or watch the sopcast(last resort).

el borracho
06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I like my recliner and ability to make my own replays better. The price of beer at my house is also quite attractive.
Is the price of beer at your house as attractive as the waitresses at the bars?

TinyEvel
06-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Yeah, I spent two seasons ago, watching the "free" games at a bar. 50 bucks a game by the time I eat, drink and tip.

I have the ticket now. Though, might go back to the bar thing. Or just climb a tree outside Dane McCloud's viewing room.

Phobia
06-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Is the price of beer at your house as attractive as the waitresses at the bars?
Absolutely. Plus the waitress at my house has been known for halftime entertainment wardrobe malfunctions.

el borracho
06-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I spent two seasons ago, watching the "free" games at a bar. 50 bucks a game by the time I eat, drink and tip.

I have the ticket now. Though, might go back to the bar thing. Or just climb a tree outside Dane McCloud's viewing room.
Well just don't eat, then. ;)

el borracho
06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Absolutely. Plus the waitress at my house has been known for halftime entertainment wardrobe malfunctions.
Keep living the dream, Phil.

Phobia
06-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Keep living the dream, Phil.
Meh, the dream ended when little kids started walking around the house. Heh. But it was fun while it lasted.

Count Zarth
06-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Phobia man, WTF. I almost didn't recognize your post.

el borracho
06-03-2007, 11:51 PM
kids? Has she multiplied?

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I like my recliner and ability to make my own replays better. The price of beer at my house is also quite attractive.Avatar thieving bastard...
:)

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2007, 11:56 PM
This will be the 1st year in 7 yrs. that I have not had the Ticket in some way. My folks have had it the past 2 yrs. They want to switch to dish. It is fine because I cannot justify paying $200 for it...

Phobia
06-04-2007, 12:00 AM
kids? Has she multiplied?

Nah, just the one with her. Two others with the first lady I married in a moment of weakness.

Phobia
06-04-2007, 12:00 AM
This will be the 1st year in 7 yrs. that I have not had the Ticket in some way. My folks have had it the past 2 yrs. They want to switch to dish. It is fine because I cannot justify paying $200 for it...

I won't be renewing the ticket this year either. First time without for at least a decade.

Fruit Ninja
06-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Yes, yes, and yes for 7 years now.

Logical
06-04-2007, 01:00 AM
I won't be renewing the ticket this year either. First time without for at least a decade.If I did not have money to burn I would not likely want to spend the money on the Chiefs under Herm. But being a rabid football fan it is still worth it.

Phobia
06-04-2007, 01:03 AM
If I did not have money to burn I would not likely want to spend the money on the Chiefs under Herm. But being a rabid football fan it is still worth it.

I didn't even use the ticket last year. I watched whichever game was on the networks in HD opposite the Chiefs.

big nasty kcnut
06-04-2007, 03:06 AM
I have it cause i need my chiefs game here in texas the teams sucks.

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 05:29 AM
I got it in '98, exclusively to watch the Chiefs. DTV has really changed, I paid $499 at Montgomery Wards for that first dish, and had to install it myself.

Just recently, they came out and installed my third one, no charge for signing a 2 year contract.

It has dual DVRs just like our Comcast cable.

DJay23
06-04-2007, 05:35 AM
My dad and I split the cost of it this year. We have it for the first time. It's pretty hard to watch a Chiefs game in Pennsylvania in the comfort of your own home. It will be worth it when we don't spend all that money on the expensive restaurant food and inflated beer prices.

Bob Dole
06-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Sunday Ticket is going to have to cost about $800 before it makes economic sense for Bob Dole not to get it.

OnTheWarpath58
06-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Without the Ticket, I'd be watching a lot of Rams, Bears and Colts games. :Lin:

Seems like the Chiefs are rarely on here in STL.

Nzoner
06-04-2007, 07:09 AM
I've had Sunday Ticket since the beginning,all the while living in the KC area plus having season tickets up until 2 years ago.

I've been a rabid football and fantasy football fan for sometime even when I only had 1 tv and had to flip back and forth thus one of the reasons I worked my butt off to have my gameroom.

bkkcoh
06-04-2007, 07:21 AM
I would be stuck watching the Bengals, Browns or Steelers all of the time out here without the Ticket.

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 07:22 AM
I have had Sunday ticket since 1998.... Each year I drop the 200+ for the package... I love having all the games on and not being stuck watching some shitty ass east coast game when there are two AFC West teams squaring off in a division changing battle… Or two teams are playing that effect our playoff chances or seeding…. I also love the having the ability to switch to any game anytime…..

Now the wife and I are debating for the first time in 9 years, do we drop the bones for the Ticket or not? I can’t believe I would go a Sunday with out watching a chief’s game win or lose…. So I sit here in limbo and wonder what I should do… Like Bob Dole stated “Sunday Ticket is going to have to cost about $800 before it makes economic sense for Bob Dole not to get it.” But there is one certain person on the sidelines that is causing my family and many other families to waver on the financial investment….

tomahawk kid
06-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I went without it last year, after having it the 2 previous seasons.

I missed it greatly.

I called in an attempt to re-up last week, and tried to see if they would throw in the Superfan package for free.

After waiting for 15 minutes for the guy to "check with his supervisor", I was told that he "couldn't find the right discount code".

I might try again this week, but was curious if anyone else had been successful in pulling Superfan off for free.

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 07:44 AM
But there is one certain person on the sidelines that is causing my family and many other families to waver on the financial investment….

Heck, I would buy it if Gunther was still the coach, and Herm is an upgrade over him.

In fact, I don't think the Chiefs could do anything to keep me from buying it, unless they moved and that is not happening.

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 07:46 AM
I went without it last year, after having it the 2 previous seasons.

I missed it greatly.

I called in an attempt to re-up last week, and tried to see if they would throw in the Superfan package for free.

After waiting for 15 minutes for the guy to "check with his supervisor", I was told that he "couldn't find the right discount code".

I might try again this week, but was curious if anyone else had been successful in pulling Superfan off for free.

Yes, I dropped it for the summer, the previous year. They gave it to me free, along with free HD channels.

tomahawk kid
06-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Yes, I dropped it for the summer, the previous year. They gave it to me free, along with free HD channels.

You dropped your entire DirecTv service, or just the NFL Sunday Ticket?

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Heck, I would buy it if Gunther was still the coach, and Herm is an upgrade over him.

In fact, I don't think the Chiefs could do anything to keep me from buying it, unless they moved and that is not happening.

Yeah your right, I might bitch like a pregnant women about it, but when it comes down to it, I will be forking over the bones so I can have the Chiefs every sunday....

crazycoffey
06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
I bought it for five years in Dallas, and it was to watch the Chiefs without spending a crapolla amount of money at the bar.....

I didn't renew it last year when we moved to St. Louis to try and save some bucks, we planned trips back home (closer to KC) to visit family and watch a chiefs game, when I knew it would be broadcasted in St. Louie. But I'd say I saw half a dozen here, there seems to be many fans this far east.

dirk digler
06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I have had the Sunday Ticket the last 3 years and honestly that is the only reason why I have DTV. I don't get to watch Chiefs games because in Clinton if for some reason the Chiefs are blacked out if you have cable Springfield will usually carry the game. I get it because I love watching the other games.

StcChief
06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Don't and go to Sports bar when Chiefs broadcast conflicts with Lambs home games

Mr. Laz
06-04-2007, 10:13 AM
i had it ....... but it's kinda messed up.

1. they still block some games out

2. the don't give specific times on some of the games. they are listed as all day events so you can't set them to be recorded unless you do it manually by time and channel.

3. many of their games have overlapping times which also screws up taping. if i'm gonna sunday ticket i'm gonna wanna watch 1 game and tape another so i can see more games.

4. not only do they charge for $199 bucks for sunday ticket but now they have started charging more money for any of the extra features you want. Like they have a thing called "The redzone" where you can see extra stats etc. i think it's another 50 bucks or something for that.

several pain in the ass things that make you want to NOT pay that much money for it.

htismaqe
06-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Too many blackouts, so I got rid of it.

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
You dropped your entire DirecTv service, or just the NFL Sunday Ticket?

The whole thing, I was pissed as hell when they did not finish the Chiefs/Bengals game (carried locally and blacked out on DTV) the last game of the season. The Chiefs were blowing them out and I did not get to watch the second half. I called and cancelled right then.

Of course, we also have comcast, so we were good. DTV was very accomodating to get me back right before the NFL season started.

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 10:26 AM

They pretty much eliminated those last year. Even the games that would have normally been blacked out, carried locally, were available on the HD channels.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Just curious, can you still have DTV for JUST the Ticket only?

Mr. Laz
06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
no (if i understand your question)

i believe you have to pay for a normal service as well.

i don't know if you can just turn the service off and on every season. I don't think they would like that much.

KChiefer
06-04-2007, 01:51 PM
FTA FTW!

Pestilence
06-04-2007, 01:56 PM
I purchased it last year for the 1st time and I'm iffy if I'm going to be purchasing it again this year.

I like being able to watch Chiefs games every Sunday....plus I play fantasy football....so that helps as well. I just wish they'd lower the price by like $50.

htismaqe
06-04-2007, 02:03 PM
They pretty much eliminated those last year. Even the games that would have normally been blacked out, carried locally, were available on the HD channels.

Too little too late. Much happier now without having to deal with DirecTV.

AZORChiefFan
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I got my DirecTV with the Sunday Ticket package installed on 9/11. Yep THAT 9/11. I got it primarily for Chiefs games I do watch other games after or before they play or I switch around at halftime to find another game still playing.

bogie
06-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I can't imagine not having it.

Nzoner
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Wow,in all my years of having it I've never had a game blacked out

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 02:21 PM

Since 1997 I have never lost signal, except during Hurricane Katrina, never once had a problem with blackouts or DirectTV customer support.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Logical
06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
no (if i understand your question)

i believe you have to pay for a normal service as well.

i don't know if you can just turn the service off and on every season. I don't think they would like that much.

I think they lock you in/out for a certain time period. In other words you don't have to keep it but you cannot just resubscribe at any time. However you can for the Sunday Ticket but that is not his question.

Logical
06-04-2007, 03:02 PM

I am curious, the only reason we have Sunday Ticket blackouts is because the game is on the local stations so we still get the game. Did you not get the games at all?

Reerun_KC
06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I am curious, the only reason we have Sunday Ticket blackouts is because the game is on the local stations so we still get the game. Did you not get the games at all?

That is what I was thinking... I had only one game blacked out that I can remember and it was the Falcons and Chiefs at Arrowhead a couple of years ago..

I might of had some last year, but they were on local... And if they switched games, then you could turn to the NFL channel and they would be on there...

htismaqe
06-04-2007, 03:04 PM

I'm in Des Moines. It's gotten to the point where at least 8 games are on our local CBS affiliate. During 2003 (the last season I had Sunday ticket), there were 11 or 12 games on here in this market.

It got to the point where it wasn't worth paying $200 a year to watch 4 games.

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Too little too late. Much happier now without having to deal with DirecTV.

Do you get the games on Local channels?

htismaqe
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM

Most of them, yes.

HemiEd
06-04-2007, 03:08 PM

Oops, just saw your answer to Jim. We had 11 of them carried up here on the locals in 2004/2005 and almost that many the next year. I got pretty tired of the blackouts, thus when I couldn't see the end of the last game of the year, I cancelled.

Skip Towne
06-04-2007, 03:12 PM
No. You must subscribe to a package.

htismaqe
06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
No. You must subscribe to a package.

You're closing in on 50K posts, congrats!

Nzoner
06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
One good thing here is I'm just outside the 50 mile blackout zone so if the Chiefs find themselves not selling out I'll be in good shape.

Al Bundy
06-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I have it but not to watch the Chiefs, I have it to watch the Buccaneers of course and if I don't want to watch a Sheep game, I can watch another game I want.

dtebbe
06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I've had it since 94 or 95. I paid about $500 for my first direcTv receiver to get it too. Worth every penny.

What we need to do is get someone in Springfield to activate receivers for us. My understanding is that most Chiefs games are shown on the local affilate, and the Springfield locals are still on the old DirecTv bird that had CONUS coverage.

DT

dtebbe
06-04-2007, 07:26 PM

The only problem I've ever had here in Atlanta is when our game is the late game and is being shown on the local affilate, then the 1p game goes long and the affilate stays with that game, meanwhile DirecTv has the game blacked out because it is supposed to be on your local affilate.

However, my understanding is that last year they stopped blacking out games on Sunday Ticket if the local affilate was showing the game. The only way the black them out now is if the game does not sell out.

I know the few times I was blacked out I was ready to kill someone. It usually only lasted 15-30 minutes, but still I pay $200+ to see ALL the chiefs games. Was pretty pissed about not being able to see that Miami game the other year too, the one they moved to Friday nite for the Hurricane.

DT