PDA

View Full Version : WTF happened to Adult Swim.

Direckshun
06-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Remember when this channel used to air comedy shows?

It's all absurdist bullshit now, and they're rolling out a new set of shows that are even more surreal than the stuff they air now.

They're even airing a couple shows that are live-action. WTF?

I never minded the anime, they've always done that, but why have they shifted from animated comedies ("Home Movies") and shift to insane shit that saps your IQ as you watch ("Squidbillies," "Superjail").

Ebolapox
06-04-2007, 12:40 AM
two words: assy mcgee

Ultra Peanut
06-04-2007, 01:41 AM
It's not all absurdist bullshit. It's just that the absurdist bullshit takes three minutes and three dollars to produce, while stuff like the Venture Brothers or Metalocalypse takes a lot of time.

Home Movies was brilliant, though, without a doubt.

Silock
06-04-2007, 01:44 AM
It stopped showing all the actual funny shows?

I agree... Home Movies was the shit. Coach McGuirk was my favorite. I have the entire series on DVD.

HolmeZz
06-04-2007, 01:45 AM
I <3 Home Movies.

I don't get the Squidbillies crap or anything of that ilk. They are pretty much wasting airtime.

Silock
06-04-2007, 01:49 AM
They need a channel with all the old school Adult Swim shows and old school cartoons like Transformers, XMen, Thundercats, GI Joe, etc. I would never change the channel.

Fishpicker
06-04-2007, 01:51 AM
They are going to run Korgoth of Barbaria this summer. Venture Bros will be back next year. I agree with you on the shows that arent animated. I dont know how much pot I would have to smoke before I could enjoy Saul & the Moleman. I do know that I probably couldnt afford it.

Eric
06-04-2007, 02:49 AM
yes! old school. Heman & thundercats,transformers, old superfriends.

Also liked the batman and superman cartoons

Pushead2
06-04-2007, 07:04 AM
two words: assy mcgee

Yessssssssss

Fish
06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Complete Garbage:

Tim and Eric: Terrible Show Bad Job
Saul of the Moron Show
Shit Chan
12 oz. Mouse
Squidbillies

What I think they need more of:

Harvey Birdman
Metalocalypse
Moral Orel
Home Movies
Sealab: 2021 (new episodes please?)
Venture Bros.
Robot Chicken

luv
06-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Is that still on or no? It's been awhile.

Gonzo
06-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Sealab kicked ass.

I loved Hesh, that was one funny retard.

Mr. Plow
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
They need a channel with all the old school Adult Swim shows

Ahhh yes. We also need ESPN 8, MTV 3, 4, & 5, and I'm still waiting for the All Infomercial Channel.

eazyb81
06-04-2007, 10:36 AM
They need a channel with all the old school Adult Swim shows and old school cartoons like Transformers, XMen, Thundercats, GI Joe, etc. I would never change the channel.

I've been saying that for years. An all-80's channel, featuring 80's cartoons in the morning and 80's sitcoms in the afternoon and early evening would be fantastic and could actually get a nice audience at this point.

If I had enough money I would finance this channel, I have faith that it would be very popular.

KurtCobain
06-04-2007, 10:43 AM
squidbillies is pretty funny, but they need more oblongs.

KcMizzou
06-04-2007, 11:51 AM
They are going to run Korgoth of Barbaria this summer. Awesome!

I loved the first episode.

Anyone ever see 12 oz. Mouse? That's about as bad as it gets.

crazycoffey
06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I've been saying that for years. An all-80's channel, featuring 80's cartoons in the morning and 80's sitcoms in the afternoon and early evening would be fantastic and could actually get a nice audience at this point.

If I had enough money I would finance this channel, I have faith that it would be very popular.

I'd watch it.

ChiefsFan4Life
06-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Sealab kicked ass.

I loved Hesh, that was one funny retard.

Sealab was great until the guy who did the voice for Captain died. It wasn't the same for me after that.

There are some great episodes though. One of my favorites is the one where they're in the dark the whole time because the generator was turned off. "Uhhhh, he died, because he was an IDIOT"

KcMizzou
06-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Korgoth

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym_y0Mugvsw

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Yu-yyp-Gk

noa
06-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Sounds like some of you guys don't like it, but I think Tim and Eric Awesome Show Good Job is hilarious. They have Bob Odenkirk, John C. Reilly, and other people from Mr. Show every now and then. Its just two guys with weird ideas and and editing machine.

Fish
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Sounds like some of you guys don't like it, but I think Tim and Eric Awesome Show Good Job is hilarious. They have Bob Odenkirk, John C. Reilly, and other people from Mr. Show every now and then. Its just two guys with weird ideas and and editing machine.

No guest appearances could possibly save this abomination..... and honestly, I really did give it a chance. But I swear, it looks to me like they locked those two in a room and said "Don't come out till you have the most obnoxious ADD-inducing garbage you can think of... and don't worry about whether it's funny, these pothead idiots will watch anything..... "

|Zach|
06-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Shin Chan is growing on me...it is dirty and halairious