PDA

View Full Version : A Democrat.... in trouble.... but I thought that....

recxjake
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM

redbrian
06-04-2007, 04:59 PM
He didn't do it, I heard him say that just today.

SCChief
06-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I am reserving judgement. I am a Republican, but I still believe you are innocent until proven guilty. If he did these things, he should feel the full weight of the law. Just as much as I would expect any of the Republicans who were to commit such acts to feel the law. But he deserves his date in court as far as I am concerned, and until all of the facts and evidence come out... anything else is just picking a fight for politic-sake.

Adept Havelock
06-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I am reserving judgement. I am a Republican, but I still believe you are innocent until proven guilty. If he did these things, he should feel the full weight of the law. Just as much as I would expect any of the Republicans who were to commit such acts to feel the law. But he deserves his date in court as far as I am concerned, and until all of the facts and evidence come out... anything else is just picking a fight for politic-sake.

QFT. I just wonder what took so long to make the charge?

HolmeZz
06-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Lock'em up.

jAZ
06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
He should be stripped of his committee assignments and asked to resign. And the people in his district should run a recall election if he doesn't.

trndobrd
06-04-2007, 06:59 PM
What an idiot! A seat in Congress and all he can get is a measly $400,000? Seriously, if you are going to be involved in some kind of wrongdoing, make it worth your while. Oh, if they found the $90,000 in my freezer it would have been the last time anyone ever heard from me. Here's the transcript from the FBI agent stopping by my office.....

"I would like to get a statement from Representative Trndobrd. Is he available?"

"No."

"Where is he?"

"I don't know."

"Where did he say he was going?"

"He went sailing."

"When will he be back in the office?"

"He said he would be back 'later'."

"When was that?"

"About 10 months ago. The new Field and Stream arrived today if you would like to wait."

SCChief
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
QFT. I just wonder what took so long to make the charge?

Good question. But when you are dealing with this kind of money and are talking about a person with this kind of profile, it is absolute career suicide to bring charges that you do not feel are air-tight. Can't say I blame the Justice Department for trying to cover their bases, especially in the negatively-charged atmostphere of Washington, and MOST especially when you are bringing charges against an elected official from Katrina-stricken Louisiana. This whole case has to have caused a lot of sleepless nights for a lot of the people responsible for bringing the charges.

SCChief
06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Good question. But when you are dealing with this kind of money and are talking about a person with this kind of profile, it is absolute career suicide to bring charges that you do not feel are air-tight. Can't say I blame the Justice Department for trying to cover their bases, especially in the negatively-charged atmostphere of Washington, and MOST especially when you are bringing charges against an elected official from Katrina-stricken Louisiana. This whole case has to have caused a lot of sleepless nights for a lot of the people responsible for bringing the charges.

And that is "atmosphere" not "atmostphere". lol

Fat Elvis
06-04-2007, 07:22 PM
They found $90,000 in his freezer and he was still elected.

What does that say about his republican opponant? Seriously. If voters are saying to themselves, "Well I can choose between a guy who keeps a ton of cash in his freezer, or I can choose a republican..."--and they choose the guy with a freezer full of cash, the republican party has really hit the skids in the past few years. To put it in perspective, in the last election cycle, voters from Missouri were willing to vote for a DEAD republican before they would vote for a democrat. My how the mighty have fallen.

Fat Elvis
06-04-2007, 07:25 PM
And now for a little salt in those wounds....

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070604/vehicle_quality.html?.v=5

Hyundai pwns j00!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images2/giulianidrag.jpg

noa
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Guy's an idiot. I wonder how much time he'll end up serving.

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Toss him in the pen.

I'm curious why recxjake didn't finish the thread title.

NewChief
06-04-2007, 08:11 PM
The thing that pisses me off about it is that Nancy was the one that was singing the anti-corruption psalms on the campaign trail. Politicians are going to be dirty, but they can at least pretend to care when one of their own gets caught and make some motions toward punishment and propriety.

recxjake
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM
The thing that pisses me off about it is that Nancy was the one that was singing the anti-corruption psalms on the campaign trail. Politicians are going to be dirty, but they can at least pretend to care when one of their own gets caught and make some motions toward punishment and propriety.

Agreed

Logical
06-04-2007, 09:35 PM

You realize that he was busted before the last election and it is just now going forward to trial?

Nightwish
06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
To put it in perspective, in the last election cycle, voters from Missouri were willing to vote for a DEAD republican before they would vote for a democrat. My how the mighty have fallen.
I think you meant Missouri voters were willing to vote for a "dead Democrat before they would vote for a Republican." Unless you're talking about an election with a deceased candidate that I'm not familiar with, the only one in recent memory was back in the 2000 Senate Race, in which Jean Carnahan assumed the Missouri seat when voters elected her dead husband, Mel Carnahan, a Democrat, over John Ashcroft.

HolmeZz
06-04-2007, 11:39 PM
I think you meant Missouri voters were willing to vote for a "dead Democrat before they would vote for a Republican." Unless you're talking about an election with a deceased candidate that I'm not familiar with, the only one in recent memory was back in the 2000 Senate Race, in which Jean Carnahan assumed the Missouri seat when voters elected her dead husband, Mel Carnahan, a Democrat, over John Ashcroft.

I think that was his point, he just mis-typed.

Otherwise FE's post doesn't make very much sense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-04-2007, 11:45 PM

Let the EAGLES SOOOOOARRR!!

Ultra Peanut
06-05-2007, 04:52 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHg5SJYRHA0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHg5SJYRHA0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

NewChief
06-05-2007, 05:07 AM
You realize that he was busted before the last election and it is just now going forward to trial?

I realize that. The problem is that, despite the scandal surrounding him, Nancy still appoints him to committees.

StcChief
06-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Freezer full of cold hard cash. Getting and giving bribes.

Hard to believe Nancy / Hastard are blind to this activity.

He as Appointed after they found the money :)