PDA

View Full Version : Witchita State

chiefbowe82
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Anyone attend the game, you Wichita folks?

Saggysack
06-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Had a ticket waiting for me. Had other obligations. They won 3-0. Banwart from what I heard, pitched well.

ChiefaRoo
06-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone attend the game, you witchita folks?

Witchita? jesus.

ChiefsCountry
06-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Looks like that fine Wichita State education is going to good use. :p

Shockers still suck, but its good for the Valley.

BWillie
06-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Did Missouri lose? I sure hope so.

chiefbowe82
06-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Witchita? jesus.
fixed

ChiefaRoo
06-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Looks like that fine Wichita State education is going to good use. :p

Shockers still suck, but its good for the Valley.

WSU is the a class of the Valley and you know it you furry pig/bear fan.

ChiefaRoo
06-05-2007, 02:52 AM
fixed

No problum. I like all my felloow Kansus Citie fans.

OldTownChief
06-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Had a ticket waiting for me. Had other obligations. They won 3-0. Banwart from what I heard, pitched well.

He struck out 12 in 7 2/3rds. Just 2 hits, walked 2 in the 8th and was pulled, he pitched an outstanding game. His relief came in and struck out everyone he faced.

OldTownChief
06-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Did Missouri lose? I sure hope so.

Got crushed.

Scaga
06-05-2007, 06:56 AM
I know nothing about Witchita State.
I did go to the Wichita State game Sunday against New Orleans.
Place was packed, and last night even more so... 2nd biggest crowd in Eck Stadium history.

boogblaster
06-05-2007, 07:28 AM
GO WSU

Lzen
06-05-2007, 08:04 AM
http://www.casca.ca/ecass/issues/1998-ME/Avery/witch.jpg

ChiefsCountry
06-05-2007, 10:22 AM
WSU is the a class of the Valley and you know it you furry pig/bear fan.

Unfortunaely right now that is true and it sucks so bad.

Ceej
06-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Man, I recall playing against Banwart in high school and he was alright.

Helluva performance last night! What a difference a couple of years can make.

How long ago did WSU make it to Omaha?!

chiefbowe82
06-05-2007, 01:19 PM
http://www.casca.ca/ecass/issues/1998-ME/Avery/witch.jpg

17 thousand posts...get a life man

Lzen
06-05-2007, 02:10 PM

Uhhhh.....yeah. Try reading when I signed up. 17k in over 6 years is not that much if you really think about it. But thanks for the unsolicited advice. 4321

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Too long. '96 I think. They still need to win the Super Regional but I like their chances at home.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Some great pics.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/wsu4.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/wsu3.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/wsu2.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/wsu1.jpg

big nasty kcnut
06-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Go shockers.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 10:54 AM
worth a bump just to irritate Skip.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 11:17 AM
worth a bump just to irritate Skip.
I think it is funny as hell watching them jump around after a win in a minor sport nobody gives a shit about. Maybe they won't make you give it back this time.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I think it is funny as hell watching them jump around after a win in a minor sport nobody gives a shit about. Maybe they won't make you give it back this time.

Skip, your smack is weak. College Baseball has a very good National following and you know that. It's only a minor sport at GheyU.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Skip, your smack is weak. College Baseball has a very good National following and you know that. It's only a minor sport at GheyU.
It is only important to those schools without major sports.....like WSU.

Saulbadguy
06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Womens basketball has a better national following then College Baseball. FYI.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
It is only important to those schools without major sports.....like WSU.

Yeah, those schools like LSU, Texas and Arizona.

By the way why do you make such a big deal about KU sports as a whole skipper? If you took away Basketball KU's sports program would be a barren wasteland except for the buffet your bloated and nearly dead coach puts out.

journeyscarab
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
GO SHOX!

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, those schools like LSU, Texas and Arizona.

By the way why do you make such a big deal about KU sports as a whole skipper? If you took away Basketball KU's sports program would be a barren wasteland except for the buffet your bloated and nearly dead coach puts out.
Why should I take away basketball? Why doesn't your school have a football team? You should know a lot about barren wastelands. You live in one. I would tell you to go to hell but you are already there.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Womens basketball has a better national following then College Baseball. FYI.

Great, now the KSU hater joins. You guys have been dominated so long by WSU baseball all you do is crap on the sport as a whole. Coming from you clowns it's a joke.

Simply Red
06-06-2007, 11:32 AM

Shut up douche!

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Why should I take away basketball? Why doesn't your school have a football team? You should know a lot about barren wastelands. You live in one. I would tell you to go to hell but you are already there.

Skip KU is a one trick pony.

Also, Wichita may not be Hawaii but it's certainly just as good a town as Tulsa which is primarily a red neck Little Rock wannabe with Indians.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Skip KU is a one trick pony.

Also, Wichita may not be Hawaii but it's certainly just as good a town as Tulsa which is primarily a red neck Little Rock wannabe with Indians.
Lots of people disagree with you. Remember Pizza Hut. It was founded in Wichita but moved to Tulsa when it got big. And it is a hoot that you call anyone a redneck. Look around you, man.

Saulbadguy
06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Great, now the KSU hater joins. You guys have been dominated so long by WSU baseball all you do is crap on the sport as a whole. Coming from you clowns it's a joke.
SCOREBOARD.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Lots of people disagree with you. Remember Pizza Hut. It was founded in Wichita but moved to Tulsa when it got big. And it is a hoot that you call anyone a redneck. Look around you, man.

In comparison to Kansas Oklahoma is full of big, dumb, stupid rednecks skip and I suspect you've got a lot of it in your family. Kansas is full of farmer types that go to church and work their asses off. Not an exciting group but a better class of people as a whole. Get your facts straight old man.

Pizza Hut moved its HQ to Dallas by the way and it still doesn't obviate the fact that it started in Wichita as did a number of other major companies. You really are a silly old codger with a broke dick attitude.

chiefbowe82
06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Shut up douche!
Thats mature.

Reerun_KC
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
In comparison to Kansas Oklahoma is full of big, dumb, stupid rednecks skip and I suspect you've got a lot of it in your family. Kansas is full of farmer types that go to church and work their asses off. Not an exciting group but a better class of people as a whole. Get your facts straight old man.

Pizza Hut moved its HQ to Dallas by the way and it still doesn't obviate the fact that it started in Wichita as did a number of other major companies. You really are a silly old codger with a broke dick attitude.

Damn those Oklahomans!

It really sucks to be a stupid redneck, good thing I was born in Kansas...

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
SCOREBOARD.

Saul, what the fook are you talking about? Winning a game or two in baseball isn't that big a deal it's what happens over the long haul of the season and in the post season. Even the Royals beat the Yankees sometimes. KSU and KU are done and sat at home watching the class of the Big4 (Mizzery) get drilled.

Saulbadguy
06-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Saul, what the fook are you talking about? Winning a game or two in baseball isn't that big a deal it's what happens over the long haul of the season and in the post season. Even the Royals beat the Yankees sometimes. KSU and KU are done and sat at home watching the class of the Big4 (Mizzery) get drilled.
Oh, I forgot. SCOREBOARD. Even if Gene wins the NC, you still lost to K-State. At home!

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Damn those Oklahomans!

It really sucks to be a stupid redneck, good thing I was born in Kansas...

You are a right sir (even if you are being sarcastic).

Simply Red
06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
rednecks are everywhere. Doesn't matter what state..

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh, I forgot. SCOREBOARD. Even if Gene wins the NC, you still lost to K-State. At home!

Great, you won a game. Congrats. See you next year.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
rednecks are everywhere. Doesn't matter what state..

They may be everywhere but they are concentrated in Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas.

Simply Red
06-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Thats mature.

so is :Poke: at someone's post count. BUT MATURE I'M NOT!!!!

Lzen
06-06-2007, 11:55 AM
They may be everywhere but they are concentrated in Missouri,Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas.

FYP

Lzen
06-06-2007, 11:56 AM
so is :Poke: at someone's post count. BUT MATURE I'M NOT!!!!

Eh, no big deal. He was just mad because I made a joke at his expense. :)

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
FYP

You may be right. I left Missouri out because I think the "rednecks" you are referring too are inbreeders. Big difference in my book.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
They may be everywhere but they are concentrated in Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas.
And they are all attracted to those $8 jobs in Wichita's aircraft factories. The whole town is Dog Patch revisited.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 12:01 PM
The last time I drove through Wichita my left front tire started making a funny noise. It went po-dunk, po-dunk, po-dunk.

Simply Red
06-06-2007, 12:03 PM
And they are all attracted to those $8 jobs in Wichita's aircraft factories. The whole town is Dog Patch revisited.
:shake: brutal.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Dog patch? Once again your confusing Arkansas with Kansas.
Let me spell it out for you since you are limited.

A Typical Kansan is/has:

1) A Good basic education
2) A Good College education for those who went
3) A Strong work ethic created by their farming German, Swede Dutch and Irish immigrant ancestors
4) Extremely religious
5) Humble - (does not include me)
6) Pragmatic and fair minded
7) Somewhat resistant to change but eventually they come around

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Now on to the Super Regionals and hopefully Omaha. Skip you may now toss my salad.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Dog patch? Once again your confusing Arkansas with Kansas.
Let me spell it out for you since you are limited.

A Typical Kansan is/has:

1) A Good basic education
2) A Good College education for those who went
3) A Strong work ethic created by their farming German, Swede Dutch and Irish immigrant ancestors
4) Extremely religious
5) Humble - (does not include me)
6) Pragmatic and fair minded
7) Somewhat resistant to change but eventually they come around
When those Okies cross the state line, heading for Beech and Boeing, it raises the IQ of both states.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:08 PM
The last time I drove through Wichita my left front tire started making a funny noise. It went po-dunk, po-dunk, po-dunk.

Well if you were smarter and had a job that a trained chimp couldn't do you might be able to upgrade that '91 Ford/Chevy POS you drive around. I bet you've rebuilt the engine on the old girl yourself haven't you skip?

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:09 PM
When those Okies cross the state line, heading for Beech and Boeing, it raises the IQ of both states.

It's an old old joke Skip. When I lived in TN I heard the Southern variation of the joke with Georgia and Alabama taking shots at each other.

Reerun_KC
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
FYP
WTF? Have you ever been to Louisania?

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
WTF? Have you ever been to Louisania?

Those guys aren't rednecks their coonasses.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
You better run skip.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
It's an old old joke Skip. When I lived in TN I heard the Southern variation of the joke with Georgia and Alabama taking shots at each other.
Actually Will Rogers coined it. He's from Oklahoma last I checked.

Saggysack
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM

$8 hr? I don't even work in the aircraft industry and I know better than that. I'm mean, how uninformed can you be? I'm going to bet the average aircraft worker in Wichita makes more money than you. Atleast I can tell 99% of them don't drive around in a hobo van or live in a house that doesn't meet the firecode like yourself.

I don't think I have met anyone with as much bitterness towards a city in my life than you. We understand, they kicked you out of WSU, wouldn't you think 40+yrs was enough to get over it? Most normal, well adjusted people would have moved on...

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
$8 hr? I don't even work in the aircraft industry and I know better than that. I'm mean, how uninformed can you be? I'm going to bet the average aircraft worker in Wichita makes more money than you. Atleast I can tell 99% of them don't drive around in a hobo van or live in a house that doesn't meet the firecode like yourself.

I don't think I have met anyone with as much bitterness towards a city in my life than you. We understand, they kicked you out of WSU, wouldn't you think 40+yrs was enough to get over it? Most normal, well adjusted people would have moved on...
I'm having a good time with Chiefaroo. GFY.

HemiEd
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM

Skip, don't bring this shit again. I have corrected you on it before. Pizza Hut was very big when Pepsico bought it, with the agreement to keep it in Wichita. Of course, they did not.

HemiEd
06-06-2007, 03:34 PM

They probably were paying $8 an hour when you flunked out of WU. Well before it became a State U.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Skip, don't bring this shit again. I have corrected you on it before. Pizza Hut was very big when Pepsico bought it, with the agreement to keep it in Wichita. Of course, they did not.
Do youknow why they moved to Tulsa? The paper said they could not get high level executives to move to Wichita but they could to Tulsa. There is nothing to correct. They moved to Tulsa from Wichita. End of story.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 03:37 PM
They probably were paying $8 an hour when you flunked out of WU. Well before it became a State U.
As I have told you before, you can't flunk out in your first semester. I gladly fled that hole in good academic standing. I got my degree elsewhere as well.

Saulbadguy
06-06-2007, 03:49 PM
As a neutral party, i'll say that Wichita isn't terrible, but for a city of its size there is not a whole lot to do, and there is alot of ghetto. It's pretty much Topeka, KS but nearly 3 times the size.

However, that is the case w/ most of Kansas. Nice to live here, but absolutely nothing to do.

HemiEd
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Do youknow why they moved to Tulsa? The paper said they could not get high level executives to move to Wichita but they could to Tulsa. There is nothing to correct. They moved to Tulsa from Wichita. End of story.

They didn't move to Tulsa, they moved to Dallas. I have even shown you pictures of the new office facility in Dallas. They moved to Dallas because of improved corporate travel, more flights. The corporate travel in Tulsa is much worse than Wichita. You have Oral Roberts and a '57 Plymouth that is going to be dug up on June 15th, that is it.

HemiEd
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM
As I have told you before, you can't flunk out in your first semester. I gladly fled that hole in good academic standing. I got my degree elsewhere as well.

How is that degree working out for you? 375,000 miles on an AstroVan, nice.

HemiEd
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
As a neutral party, i'll say that Wichita isn't terrible, but for a city of its size there is not a whole lot to do, and there is alot of ghetto. It's pretty much Topeka, KS but nearly 3 times the size.

However, that is the case w/ most of Kansas. Nice to live here, but absolutely nothing to do.

You pretty much have to bowl, boat, race or fish. Tulsa even has a shitty drag strip.

Saggysack
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm having a good time with Chiefaroo. GFY.

Don't have to. I'm able to keep my wife from straying. How about you?

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
How is that degree working out for you? 375,000 miles on an AstroVan, nice.
Worked out fine. I've never had to work for anyone but myself. It lets me stay home and post on the Planet. I have two Astrovans, thanks.

|Zach|
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't have to. I'm able to keep my wife from straying. How about you?
Brutal.

Zebedee DuBois
06-06-2007, 04:55 PM
As a non-Kansas native living here, I find this anti-Wichita smack dismaying. It's not ocean side property, but it is a fine place to live. Skip, when you make outrageously erroneous statements, it makes every other thing you say less credible.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
As a non-Kansas native living here, I find this anti-Wichita smack dismaying. It's not ocean side property, but it is a fine place to live. Skip, when you make outrageously erroneous statements, it makes every other thing you say less credible.
Oh, Jesus Christ, I was just messing with Chiefaroo when these crybabies showed up. Everything I said though, is true as I know it. What do you find outrageously erroneous?

HemiEd
06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Worked out fine. I've never had to work for anyone but myself. It lets me stay home and post on the Planet. I have two Astrovans, thanks.

Nice, I am in awe of your success now.

Tell me something, I have always wondered why Tulsa uses Golden Hurricanes for their nick name? Has there ever been a hurricane within 750 miles of Tulsa? Is the place so lacking in identity, that they have to use a name like that?

Reerun_KC
06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
You pretty much have to bowl, boat, race or fish. Tulsa even has a shitty drag strip.

I dont now about the drag strip, they have really done some serious work and had some 320mph dragsters down there on Memorial Day weekend....

They must be doing something right....

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh, Jesus Christ, I was just messing with Chiefaroo when these crybabies showed up. Everything I said though, is true as I know it. What do you find outrageously erroneous?

Skip, your ok with me. Now, have you gotten my suits back from the dry cleaners yet? I want my shoes buffed and wiped with a fine shammy. Don't fook it up this time or I'm going to have to let you go.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Skip, your ok with me. Now, have you gotten my suits back from the dry cleaners yet? I want my shoes buffed and wiped with a fine shammy. Don't fook it up this time or I'm going to have to let you go.
Chamois, moron

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Chamois, moron
Yeah, I guess you're OK too. It's just that you shit too close to the house.

ChiefaRoo
06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I guess you're OK too. It's just that you shit too close to the house.

I looked it up before I posted. It can be spelled either way.

Did you get your to do list done? Chop chop!!

Skip's to do list

1) Wash and wax Chiefaroos car
2) Polish Chiefaroos DTV dish
3) Man whore at the Shady Acres old folks home in T-Town - Pay Chiefaroo his money
4) Feed the goats
5) Go to home depot and buy red wood stain for deck on double-wide
6) Jack off to a picture of a sheep
7) Pick up Penis pump and Viagra at discount pharmacy with new Soc. Sec. funds
8) Buy several cartons of generic cigarettes at Sam's
9) Scream at grandchildren for shaking beer enroute from the fridge to Skips vinyl broyhill recliner - circa 1977

OldTownChief
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM

He looked horrible against New Orleans in the regional opener.

OldTownChief
06-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Even if Gene wins the NC, you still lost to K-State. At home!

Which regional was K-State invited to? Did they win it? BTW, How did WSU do on your turf this season?

chiefbowe82
06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
The shockers will play Saturday

HemiEd
06-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Which regional was K-State invited to? Did they win it? BTW, How did WSU do on your turf this season?

The Shocks have been a baseball powerhouse since the re-institued the program back in the late 70s. They are not just a flash in the pan, like some other schools. :D