PDA

View Full Version : If the Election was held today......

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Rudy and Hillary would be the nominee.... who would you vote for?

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Obama.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Obama.

It's hard to be the nominee when you are in second place.

Cochise
06-05-2007, 08:30 PM
This poll should be used as a bad example in some kind of research class.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:33 PM
This poll should be used as a bad example in some kind of research class.

Who would you want?

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 08:34 PM
It's hard to be the nominee when you are in second place.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-04-poll-results_N.htm

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:37 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-04-poll-results_N.htm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/democratic_presidential_nomination-191.html

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/democratic_presidential_nomination-191.html

That's terrific. Now I want you to justify how your poll is accurate and explain why the USA Today poll isn't.

sportsman1
06-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Im fearing this as the result with the drive by media at hand. Personally I can only sleep well at night with a true conservative in office (as defined by me). All of my "acceptable" choices dont have a prayer i.e. Huckabee, Hunter, Tancredo, and Brownback. I consider Romney, Rudy and Mccain the A** Clown Trio and see my self voting write-in or third party as a statement.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Im fearing this as the result with the drive by media at hand. Personally I can only sleep well at night with a true conservative in office (as defined by me). All of my "acceptable" choices dont have a prayer i.e. Huckabee, Hunter, Tancredo, and Brownback. I consider Romney, Rudy and Mccain the A** Clown Trio and see my self voting write-in or third party as a statement.

So instead of voting for Rudy.... you would vote 3rd party...... that would lead to Hillary being President..... smart.

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 08:44 PM
So instead of voting for Rudy.... you would vote 3rd party...... that would lead to Hillary being President..... smart.

He doesn't want to have to choose between two liberals.

sportsman1
06-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Pretty much lol. Its a statement to the GOP to buck up.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:45 PM
He doesn't want to have to choose between two liberals.

Yea a tax cutting, small goverment, pro-military Rudy is really liberal.

ClevelandBronco
06-05-2007, 08:46 PM

As long as your statement is "I want Hillary in office," I'm hearing you loud and clear.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:47 PM

So your statement that you can only sleep well at night if a true conservative is in office has no merit?

You would rather have someone 100% against you, over someone that is 90% with you?

A true conservative that you wish for would be lucky to get 40% of the vote in the general election.

noa
06-05-2007, 08:49 PM
If someone wants to vote third party because he doesn't like the options, I think that's the right thing to do and he shouldn't be bullied into thinking otherwise. Let him exercise his right to make the loudest statement he can, which is his vote.

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Jake's still got this idea that conservatives are going to flock to Rudy. It's almost cute.

sportsman1
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
consider Romney, Rudy and Mccain the A** Clown Trio and see my self voting write-in or third party as a statement.

That doesn't mean thats what im going to do, all it means is that at this point I dont feel rudy is our best canidate. If Hillary Clinton really can garner that much support ( which I dont see likely for several reasons) and She appears to have a prayer than yes I would vote Straight ticket Republican, but at this juncture I can't say that I'm willing to sucumb to this being the final ticket.

The driveby media isn't allowing for another ticket and something truely has to be done to give the republican party its best chance at reaching the masses of the party.

It is impossible at this juncture to determine rather I want a Statement vote or if Clinton is a true problem.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Jake's still got this idea that conservatives are going to flock to Rudy. It's almost cute.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Rudy is the nominee, and the choice is between Rudy.... and raising taxes, govt run healthcare, going on the defensive on terror...etc..... they will vote Rudy.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:55 PM
That doesn't mean thats what im going to do, all it means is that at this point I dont feel rudy is our best canidate. If Hillary Clinton really can garner that much support ( which I dont see likely for several reasons) and She appears to have a prayer than yes I would vote Straight ticket Republican, but at this juncture I can't say that I'm willing to sucumb to this being the final ticket.

The driveby media isn't allowing for another ticket and something truely has to be done to give the republican party its best chance at reaching the masses of the party.

Fred Thompson.... however he has yet to face any heat... now that he's in.... it will start, and he wil have to answer some serious questions.... he is a senator that didn't do much of anything, voted no on getting rid of clinton, and is moderate on abortion as well.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 08:58 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5a_Fpu_8KE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5a_Fpu_8KE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ClevelandBronco
06-05-2007, 08:58 PM

Aren't you the guy who's going to leave the GOP if Romney gets the nomination?

Smart.

recxjake
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM

Smart.

Romney won't be the nomiee. Plain and simple....

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM

Smart.

Yup. And said he'd never vote for Romney.

So I guess he'd be letting Hillary win.

Kid's a schmuck.

ChiefsCountry
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
As a Republician, Rudy Giuliani would not be my choice at all but he would be way better than Hilary.

BucEyedPea
06-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Yup! That's right....because it will allow the party to do some soul searching and politically to renergize. And one can always split their vote...Congress is another equal branch.

Logical
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
What is scary is by now I almost had to consider Hillary before I wisely chose 3rd party. No winners on that candidate list.

Logical
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Yup! That's right....because it will allow the party to do some soul searching and politically to renergize. And one can always split their vote...Congress is another equal branch.

Amen

sportsman1
06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Yup! That's right....because it will allow the party to do some soul searching and politically to renergize. And one can always split their vote...Congress is another equal branch

Thats a very valid statement, I just wish that they would do the soul searching before the primaries lol.

Logical
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Fred Thompson.... however he has yet to face any heat... now that he's in.... it will start, and he wil have to answer some serious questions.... he is a senator that didn't do much of anything, voted no on getting rid of clinton, and is moderate on abortion as well.

When did he announce he was in? Link?

recxjake
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
When did he announce he was in? Link?

June 1st.

www.imwithfred.com

Direckshun
06-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Hillary.

Logical
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
June 1st.

www.imwithfred.com (http://www.imwithfred.com)

I don't see anything at the site announcing he is running. I see he is collecting money on a pledge to work to change America.

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I'd vote for Hillary just to keep Rudy out of office!

Suck it hard, Jake! Suck it long!

patteeu
06-05-2007, 10:57 PM

I hear you and I've been quite willing to send the GOP statements on several occasions, but with the GWoT going on and the democrats threatening to capitulate in Iraq, IMO it's not a good time to be sending messages. As long as Rudy promises to appoint judges who will respect the constitution (like the majority in Roe v Wade did not, for example), I'm voting Guilliani.

sportsman1
06-05-2007, 11:08 PM
[ hear you and I've been quite willing to send the GOP statements on several occasions, but with the GWoT going on and the democrats threatening to capitulate in Iraq, IMO it's not a good time to be sending messages. As long as Rudy promises to appoint judges who will respect the constitution (like the majority in Roe v Wade did not, for example), I'm voting Guilliani.

I know what your saying. The main thing is that the GOP relize now how a Rudy ticket consequently effects the party as a whole. If the party puts a solid conservative with him on the ticket, I would feel better about the direction of the party, however at this time I do not want to sucumb to that.

Lets not even allow this ticket to even come to fruition, or for that matter any of the clown trio canidates. If we as a party can regroup, rally behind solid conservative values and rally behind a canidate that will forlay the party back to the ways of Reagan than we can achieve success in all policies.

HolmeZz
06-05-2007, 11:11 PM
I hear you and I've been quite willing to send the GOP statements on several occasions, but with the GWoT going on and the democrats threatening to capitulate in Iraq, IMO it's not a good time to be sending messages. As long as Rudy promises to appoint judges who will respect the constitution (like the majority in Roe v Wade did not, for example), I'm voting Guilliani.

What's the constitution say about abortion?

patteeu
06-05-2007, 11:15 PM
What's the constitution say about abortion?

Not a whole lot, and it definitely doesn't say anything about gestation trimesters.

Ultra Peanut
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I am voting for either Bart Simpson or "school sucks."

Ultra Peanut
06-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Not a whole lot, and it definitely doesn't say anything about gestation trimesters.I love it when you talk dirty!

StcChief
06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
anyone but sHillary/Billary

BucEyedPea
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Thats a very valid statement, I just wish that they would do the soul searching before the primaries lol.
I would too. But sometimes being turned outta office and getting someone like a Hitlary is the only thing that does it. Think about it. They
re doing it now...at least some of them. Unfortunately the leading primary candidates don't think being turned out of congress had anything to do with Iraq. THAT's how out of touch they've gotten.

noa
06-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I am voting for either Bart Simpson or "school sucks."

How are you going to dis Soda Popinski like that?

BIG_DADDY
06-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Rudy and Hillary would be the nominee.... who would you vote for?

You are going to lose our bet dude. Think I will start shopping now. What's a $100 buy you these days? :hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
anyone but sHillary/Billary Yep