WR Horne
WR Ricks/Parker/Hall
TE/WR Gonzalez
LT Tait
LG Riley
C Weigmann
RG Shields
RTSpears/Alford

Man that lineup alomost makes me salivate our offense will dominate this year we just need to make sure our young/old defense holds up to the other AFC west teams that improved dramatically on offense

HC_Chief
04-20-2001, 07:54 PM
Need another WR IMO. Ricks and Hall cannot be counted upon. Ricks was supposedly a 'Gunther' guy - brought in because of his size. Teicher reports the new staff isn't impressed - he probably won't make TC cuts. Hall is a washout.

Parker needs to step up, our his butt is history also.

SO, we need another WR to fill out the corps. Use the rest of the draft on D, and we might have ourselves a pretty good team. :)

bishop_74
04-20-2001, 08:05 PM
...and defensive secondary help would be nice.

JOhn
04-20-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by DenverChief
QB Green
RB Holmes(?)/Cloud
FB Richardson
WR Alexander
WR Morris
WR Horne
WR Ricks/Parker/Hall
TE/WR Gonzalez
LT Tait
LG Riley
C Weigmann
RG Shields
RTSpears/Alford

Please I hope we go with Moreau over Cloud....
Otherwise it looks good, especially if we can get a WR tru draft or FA.

Zebedee DuBois
04-20-2001, 09:35 PM
Who is the Hall listed as WR? I can't place him. (and too lazy to go look for myself)

kcred
04-20-2001, 09:36 PM
I don't see Riley starting at RG, move him back to tackle, start Willis/Blackshear at G.

kcred
04-20-2001, 09:37 PM
Dante Hall, former RB, drafted 5th last year.

Zebedee DuBois
04-20-2001, 09:39 PM
Thanks Kred,
seeing him listed at WR threw me. Are they working him out there. ( I musta missed that one too)

1punkyQB
04-20-2001, 09:44 PM
Dante and Ricky Hall are both playing WR in Europe this year. Hope they gain some ground there. Gary Stills too.

DenverChief
04-20-2001, 09:47 PM
Ricky Hall WR 6-2 207 Virgina Tech
Dante Hall RB 5-8 188 Texas A&M

Zebedee DuBois
04-20-2001, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys
:)

Zeb

Deciding if he has it all cleared up now, or is more confused.
:)

1punkyQB
04-20-2001, 09:51 PM
As a Hokie, Ricky's PR vs. Miami is my most memorable moment at a football game. Hope he shows enough in NFLE to get a roster spot.

Logical
04-21-2001, 03:49 AM
Well other than I do not think the NFL is going to let us have 13 men on offense its a nice lineup. How about telling us which of the two extra will not be the starters.

Still a nice thread topic and probably fairly accurate. Been a long time since we could name our starters at every offensive position prior to training camp. My take is slightly different so maybe we cannot quite name all the starters but it sure is close.

QB Green
RB Holmes (Richardson gets 10 to 15 touches per game)
WR Alexander
WR Morris
WR Horne
TE/WR Gonzalez
LT Tait
LG Willis (I predict a rookie or a surprise FA pickup around July will take over midseason)
C Weigmann
RG Shields
RT Riley

keg in kc
04-21-2001, 04:44 AM
Mine's similar to Jim's:

QB Green
RB Holmes (Richardson gets 10 to 15 touches per game, and we will use a few 2 back sets)
WR Alexander
WR Morris
WR Horne and/or rookie
TE/WR Gonzalez
LT Tait
LG Rookie or FA
C Weigmann
RG Shields
RT Riley

I don't think opposing defenses are going to like having to try to cover Holmes/Richardson, Alexander, Morris and Horne/rookie on every down, regardless of the situation (passing or running).

Oh, and that Gonzalez guy too...

Can you say "mismatch"?

It will open up the running game, as well.

Storm
04-21-2001, 09:29 AM
Seems to me that when we have our roster "set" before the season a major contributor is hurt and we wil all be disappointed :(

DenverChief
04-21-2001, 11:52 AM
Jim I was pointing out if we went to a no back 5 wide set those would be the recivers

Logical
04-21-2001, 12:19 PM
No back 5 receivers wow in all my years I would never thought we would even suggest such a thing for the Chiefs. This kind of versatility on offense is a dream. Hopefully today we will take advantage of Carls knack for late round defensive picks and pick two or three defensive studs. Now my love for great defense can push to the surface again.

Good point DenverKCfan, I was not ready to think out of the box.