PDA

View Full Version : Good lord, this is just sad.....

CoMoChief
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Lower than low Marquise Hill's house hit by burglers the day of the funeral.

Hill's Family Robbed While Attending His Funeral
Marquise Hill's Biography

(WBZ) NEW ORLEANS There is a disturbing footnote to the weekend funeral for Patriots defensive end Marquise Hill in Louisiana.

WBZ has learned that somebody broke into his family's home in New Orleans while they attended the service Saturday.

There have been no arrests yet.

Hill died in a Jet Ski accident Sunday May 27 in Lake Pontchatrain in New Orleans.

He was 24 years old.

Easy 6
06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
There is NO honor among thieves.

greg63
06-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Pretty low.

chagrin
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Good lord this is embarassing for New Orleans - I have seen the criminal element grow there over the years. There is alot of beauty in that area, buit you almost can never tell anymore for stories like this. :shake:

NewChief
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
This is a common technique that thieves use. I thought it was common knowledge to always have someone trustworthy watch the house for the family during the funeral.

PhillyChiefFan
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Its news to me, any particular reason why a thief would do it while the family is at a funeral?? Just cause they know they aren't there? or another reason

NewChief
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Its news to me, any particular reason why a thief would do it while the family is at a funeral?? Just cause they know they aren't there? or another reason

Yeah. They go through the funeral announcements to find a target, knowing no one will be home during the funeral. They then go and rob the place. I imagine they hit Hill because they knew there would be some serious valuables there.

Ultra Peanut
06-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I believe in the inherent good nature of humanity.

Its news to me, any particular reason why a thief would do it while the family is at a funeral?? Just cause they know they aren't there? or another reasonMostly other reasons, like, uh, fearing that a declaration of war would cause negative repercussions with regard to their relationship with the US.

PhillyChiefFan
06-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I am at a loss for words