PDA

View Full Version : *&(%&^$%$@#@!(*&$^%$#

JOhn
04-20-2001, 07:55 PM
Mother F_CKING $%@$%#@&

12th pick for a QB who HAS NOT PROVEN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Dammit all to hell

OK I have it out of my system, Green is Now a CHIEF!!!!!!

I am starting the Bandwagon here, hop on! I might not have been looking forward to it, but it's done, so he WILL have my support :D

GO CHIEFS

Oh yea since we will not be drafting a RB at #12, we better sign Holmes !!

bishop_74
04-20-2001, 07:57 PM
WHAT???? WHERE??? Did we trade all ready???

HC_Chief
04-20-2001, 07:58 PM
Rams trade Green to Chiefs for 12th overall pick

By STLtoday.com Sports
04/20/2001

Goin' to Kansas City: St. Louisan Trent Green will be reunited with Dick Vermeil.
(Chris Lee/P-D)
Trent Green will get his wish -- the chance to be a starting quarterback in the National Football League.

And the Rams will get a prime draft pick -- the No. 12 selection overall in Saturday's NFL Draft.

The Rams on Friday traded Green to the Kansas City Chiefs, where he will be reunited with former Rams head coach Dick Vermeil and former Rams offensive assistant Al Saunders as the starting quarterback.

In return, the Rams get the Chiefs' first-round draft pick, and now have three selections in the first round: No. 12 overall (from Kansas City), No. 20 (their original pick) and No. 29 (from Tennessee in the Kevin Carter trade.

But that's not all: The Rams also are close to completing a deal for All-Pro cornerback Aeneas Williams of the Arizona Cardinals. He would come to the Rams in exchange for the Rams' second pick in the second round (No. 54 overall) and the Rams' fourth-round pick (No. 123 overall) that they obtained from Oakland earlier in the day when they traded tight end Roland Williams.

Wait -- there's more: The Rams have decided not to match the Chiefs' contract offer to restricted free agent Tony Horne, a kick returner who will get a chance to play regularly at wide receiver in Kansas City.

And finally, the Rams also will be sending a fifth-round pick to Kansas City as part of the Green trade.

tommykat
04-20-2001, 08:07 PM
All true......this is a hard night to keep up with..not to mention hard to get onto the sights...:(

bishop_74
04-20-2001, 08:10 PM
You need more badwidth... a cable modem! :D Sorry, I am really thrilled about all of the new players we just aqcuired.

Mosbonian
04-20-2001, 08:12 PM
Sorry, I am with JOhn on this one...

Luzap
04-20-2001, 08:16 PM
What's wrong with that?

I want to have a great season also.

I just can't get mind mind around the complaint that we now have a Head Coach that is serious about taking us to the Super Bowl in three years?

Luz
what else would we want???...

Gary
04-20-2001, 08:40 PM
My sentiments exactly John...on both your first point & your second. I was against the whole Trent Green from the start...but what is done is done & he is the starting QB for the team that I love. "Sooooooo, best of luck to you Mr. Green". Here's one Chief fan that is just glad that somebody finally pulled the trigger & made a command decision!

(lovin my Chiefs no matter what happens today or tomorrow or the next day)

1punkyQB
04-20-2001, 08:46 PM
True, Carl's making moves(lots of 'em). It will be an interesting year. It looks like we'll be better on ST(certainly) and O. On D, I'd rather have Hasty than Crockett, but Owens was a good signing. Hopefully the burns Dennis & co. suffered through last year will pay off. Wasn't thrilled with the Green trade, but getting used to it(fingers crossed he'll stay healthy).

JOhn
04-20-2001, 08:52 PM
Like I have said, I think we should have pursued other avenues for this postion, BUT what is done is done, so Onward we go..........

I will be buying a GREEN jersy, and you won't ever find me booing him either!! So I'm now a member of the Trent Green fan club :D

AND now that we have Holmes(?) I am satisfied that we HAVE taken steps forward and are on the right road. Now for a little help on Defense, which is very likely to happen tommrow and Sunday, and I will be satisfied.

Oh hoping that Moreau still plays a role, but NO RBBC!!
Give it to Holmes, with Moreau spelling him.
Oh yea and CLoud? who's he :P

Logical
04-20-2001, 08:52 PM
Well folks whatever your position on Green (mine was and is Lukewarm) Carl Peterson really did this trade right. I doubt there are many amonst us who doubted we were going to make one last sincere effort to do the trade. I frankly was worried we were going to give up the 1st and the 3rd if the Rams did not blink. Instead as I understand it as reported on the local talk radio we got the Rams to give us Green the fifth rounder and drop their matching offer for Horne (technically not part of the trade because the Rams would have had to sign him and absorb the small signing bonus). In addition the Chief filled their running back need with Priest Holmes a solid back with a lot of potential. He will never be a superstar but he will be good possibly great in this offense (it is well suited to his skills).

I would say this day rates a B+ for Carl, especially when you consider that with the days other trades we were not going to get LaDamien, Deuce, or Morgan the only players I felt I wanted at #12. I know this I will not be cussing tomorrow after the Chief had picked up either Bennett or Brees!

old_geezer
04-20-2001, 09:12 PM
Trying hard to get over Green trade. I must admit it's better than I thought it would be.
I will feel much better if we have enough cap money left to bolster our defense. It needs help too.

JohninGpt
04-20-2001, 09:53 PM
I'm a lot happier than I thought I would be after the Green trade, we didn't lose a 3rd, we got Horne and we got a 5th. That beats the hell out of a 1st and a 3rd for Trent Green and a swift kick in the butt.

Go Trent, show us you are worth it.

On another thought, what is Holmes costing us?

John

svuba
04-21-2001, 12:25 AM
A gimp for a QB, and a looser for a RB.
sounds like a typical chiefs trade.

Once again we all get to wait for a real Running back, I just hope we loose every game this year so we can bail S. Louis out with a high pick again next year.

The Rams have got to LOVE US!

a first & a 2nd for a player, and a coach neither of wich they needed.

keg in kc
04-21-2001, 12:39 AM
People bashed the stooges - The stooges are gone.

People bashed Elvis - Elvis is gone.

People were complaining that we weren't doing anything this offseason - The team today signed two starters and one of the league's top kick returners.

And still people are complaining.

Guess you can't please everyone.

mcan
04-21-2001, 01:17 AM
The deal for Priest is 5 years 8 mil. And Saying that he will never be a superstar is ridiculous.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2001, 01:19 AM
I tend to agree with Logical on this one. We would not have obtained the pick we really needed in the 12th position. Since DV is our coach and he says that Green is the best suited to fill the position we need to support him in making that decision as he knows him better than any of us. What is hard to swallow is how well the the lambs came out through all of this. They should have never received our second rounder for DV and it has tainted any negotiations that have taken place since. Sounds like the beginning of a rivalry.

KCWolfman
04-21-2001, 09:10 AM
JOhn- As usual, you speak my mind.

Green was not my choice. However, Welcome Trent, and best of luck

Frazod
04-21-2001, 09:14 AM
I concur with Russ. Welcome to Trent. I wish him and us all the best. And most of all - TAKE CARE OF THAT DAMN KNEE!