PDA

View Full Version : Suspect arrested in Kelsey death. Kmbc 9 news.

Eric
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Kmbc 9 reports.

chagrin
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
geesh if you have to start more threads about this can't ya at least post a link, dude?

Baby Lee
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
geesh if you have to start more threads about this can't ya at least post a link, dude?
It's probably from a radio report. The website doesn't have it yet.

Eric
06-06-2007, 02:17 PM
It's from 9 TV KMBC.Sorry. happening too fast for the internet.

VonneMarie
06-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Channel 9 reporting that Kelsey Smith's pastor is saying that the investigators told him they believe the body they found is Kelsey.

chagrin
06-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm calling bullshit - I am listening to that station right now - no confirmation it's her body, nobody in custody - Eric is goofing around

VonneMarie
06-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm calling bullshit - I am listening to that station right now - no confirmation it's her body, nobody in custody - Eric is goofing around
That just said it on channel 9 news again. :rolleyes:

Sure-Oz
06-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I just heard on the radio that there is upcoming news of a an arrest

VonneMarie
06-06-2007, 02:27 PM
They just said it again.

chagrin
06-06-2007, 02:27 PM
That just said it on channel 9 news again. :rolleyes:

They still haven't mentioned an arrest on this station, all I'm saying.

VonneMarie
06-06-2007, 02:28 PM
They still haven't mentioned an arrest on this station, all I'm saying.
Oh, I'm talking about them saying they found her body.

chagrin
06-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh, I'm talking about them saying they found her body.

Yeah I should have clarified, I am referring to the "arrest".

memyselfI
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm flipping channels to all the KC channels and NO reports of an arrest anywhere.

ChiefsFan4Life
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
The latest...

Kelsey Smith Found Dead: Police ID Suspect, May Face Death Penalty
By Jack Ryan
Jun 6, 2007

Kelsey Smith has been confirmed dead and police now have an ID on Kelsey Smith's abductor. Police found the body Kelsey Smith in a shallow creek 20 miles east of the Target Store at about 3:10 PM EST.

Police have ID'd Kelsey Smith's abductor, but have not released a name. He lives 2 miles from where Kelsey's body was found. The suspect crossed state lines from Missouri into Kansas and the suspect will now be up for the death penalty in Kansas.

Police were searching an area heavily after tracking the pings from Kelsey Smith's cell phone. Kelsey Smith disappeared on Saturday around 7PM.

Whoever had Kelsey Smith, or her cell phone, was on the move because it had pinged from the three different locations.

Police were heavily searching the last place that Kelsey's cell pinged, which is about 20 miles east of the Target store that Kelsey went missing from, and were working on numerous leads to try and find her.

Kelsey's family had set up a website for anyone who was interested in helping: www.findkelsey.com

Anyone with information regarding the case is being asked to call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS, or (913)327-5638.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Kansas has a death penalty? I thought they dumped it after Hikok and Smith (Clutter murders) in 1963.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Phil Kline - everybody's favorite nutty DA - took the KS death penalty before the US supreme court and it's back.

memyselfI
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Kansas has a death penalty? I thought they dumped it after Hikok and Smith (Clutter murders) in 1963.

I don't think it matters. It's a Federal crime now since it's interstate. The Feds could ask for the death penalty.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
TV 9 - just mentioned they hear RUMORS of an "Identity of that person of interest, perhaps even an arrest." in the upcoming news conference

John_Wayne
06-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Phil Kline - everybody's favorite nutty DA - took the KS death penalty before the US supreme court and it's back.

Thank God for Phil Kline. I hope he runs for Governor and wins.

Also, it's good that he helped bring back the death penalty to Ks.

A friend of mine's daughter was a social worker who was murdered and cut up with a chainsaw by one of her clients. That murderer deserves the death penalty.

Coach
06-06-2007, 03:46 PM

Last execution in KS was in '65. And yes, KS does have a death penalty, since the Supreme Court held that a Kansas death penalty statute was consistent with the U.S. Constitution.

eazyb81
06-06-2007, 03:57 PM

A friend of mine's daughter was a social worker who was murdered and cut up with a chainsaw by one of her clients. That murderer deserves the death penalty.

He actually deserves a few years in a torture chamber before being allowed to die, but I guess the death penalty will suffice for now.

Mr. Laz
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Thank God for Phil Kline..

:spock:

Coach
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Uh, no. How Kline got the JOCO Attorney is beyond me. He shouldn't even be in the office, period.

Dave Lane
06-06-2007, 05:41 PM
He's an embarrassment to Kansas.

irishjayhawk
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I vote each volunteer should be the ones to inflict the death this man has coming to him.

PinkFloyd
06-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Why can't we just shoot asswit's who commit murders or do anything to children ??? Yes yes yes --- i know all about the civil right's people, but it sure would save taxpayers alot of money paying for sentences in prison...

Fish
06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Why can't we just shoot asswit's who commit murders or do anything to children ??? Yes yes yes --- i know all about the civil right's people, but it sure would save taxpayers alot of money paying for sentences in prison...

I agree.... murder charges just do not scare potential murderers enough.

Now if it was common practice to drag child murderers out of the jail and put a bullet in the brainpan, maybe it would discourage the next evil **** that thinks about this kind of thing.....

Phobia
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
I agree.... murder charges just do not scare potential murderers enough.

Now if it was common practice to drag child murderers out of the jail and put a bullet in the brainpan, maybe it would discourage the next evil **** that thinks about this kind of thing.....

That used to discourage cattle thieves - back before lawyers ruined the country.

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I've read that in Russia you don't get an execution date. They just come to your cell one day and take you out back and put a bullet in the back of your head. That would have to be a little unsettling.

Mr. Laz
06-06-2007, 09:06 PM
just watching the KC new right now

there has been no arrests ... they are only talking to suspects.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-06-2007, 09:33 PM
10:30 closing moments of Channel 4 news they announce that OP police have made an arrest in the case. Police news conference at 11:30

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- (Updated: 10:31 p.m.)-- Several sources confirmed to FOX 4 that a suspect was in custody in Kelsey Smith's death on Wednesday night. A news conference is expected within the hour.

Thig Lyfe
06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I've read that in Russia you don't get an execution date. They just come to your cell one day and take you out back and put a bullet in the back of your head. That would have to be a little unsettling.

That's how they should do it. Too many people come to peace with the fact.

Al Czervik
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/132/story/138680.html

Overland Park police arrested a 26-year-old Olathe man Wednesday night in the kidnapping and murder of Kelsey Smith, whose body was found several hours earlier in southern Jackson County.

Edwin R. Hall was expected to be charged this morning, Overland Park Police Chief John Douglass said at an 11:30 p.m. press conference. Johnson County District Attorney Phill Kline said Hall would face charges of premeditated first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping.

Douglass said authorities think Hall is the man identified earlier in the investigation as a "person of interest" after being seen in surveillance video at the Target store from which Kelsey Smith was abducted on Saturday.

Ah, Edwin......May you burn in Hell you lowlife piece of s***

Direckshun
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Jesus Christ. If that's the guy, I want to personally kill him with my hands.

Cut his throat just barely, so he can feel the blood squirting out, then disembowel him and use his innards as a bungee cord off the I-29 bridge.

Phobia
06-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Jesus Christ. If that's the guy, I want to personally kill him with my hands.

Cut his throat just barely, so he can feel the blood squirting out, then disembowel him and use his innards as a bungee cord off the I-29 bridge.
Too quick. With my method we'll be needing fireants and retarded scorpions.

Anyong Bluth
06-07-2007, 12:30 AM

While I feel for the family of your friend, the systematic killing of another by the state will do nothing to bring her back. In fact, the idea of government sponsored execution only reinforces the ideal of revenge being a just and ultimate means of retribution / solution to a problem that is as old as man. To teach our youth that this is the apex of consequences only furthers the idea that life shouldn't be held to the highest of standards. I am not in the shoes of the family, and part of me see that, say, the girl's father seeks this @sshole out and kills him, that I wouldn't be sympathetic. But we are talking about the state, who should act above such emotional outbursts, and set an example that they truly seek to protect and promote: the ending of any person's life is the highest disregard for the basic standards of any civilized society. Ultimately, life in prison is no picnic, especially for the sick fuggs like this, b/c it's generally viewed by many in the penal system that those that are child molesters and such are a very different breed than the common criminal element, and they usually get a very very harsh go of it while locked up. Given this, being forced to live out the remainder of my days, only to expect to be killed by another inmate, or have all my teeth knocked out so I can be raped in the mouth continually sounds like a way worse deal than taking the easy route and being pumped full of drugs until I pass out for good.

Pants
06-07-2007, 12:56 AM
While I feel for the family of your friend, the systematic killing of another by the state will do nothing to bring her back. In fact, the idea of government sponsored execution only reinforces the ideal of revenge being a just and ultimate means of retribution / solution to a problem that is as old as man. To teach our youth that this is the apex of consequences only furthers the idea that life shouldn't be held to the highest of standards. I am not in the shoes of the family, and part of me see that, say, the girl's father seeks this @sshole out and kills him, that I wouldn't be sympathetic. But we are talking about the state, who should act above such emotional outbursts, and set an example that they truly seek to protect and promote: the ending of any person's life is the highest disregard for the basic standards of any civilized society. Ultimately, life in prison is no picnic, especially for the sick fuggs like this, b/c it's generally viewed by many in the penal system that those that are child molesters and such are a very different breed than the common criminal element, and they usually get a very very harsh go of it while locked up. Given this, being forced to live out the remainder of my days, only to expect to be killed by another inmate, or have all my teeth knocked out so I can be raped in the mouth continually sounds like a way worse deal than taking the easy route and being pumped full of drugs until I pass out for good.

Yeah, rapists and child molesters should just cut their wrists with their own nails before they even step foot in prison. Otherwise they'll be choking to death on seven 12" dicks while getting their ****ing asses pounded by Big Bubba.

chagrin
06-07-2007, 05:10 AM

"the apex of consequences"?? ROFL - don't you have a paper to write somewhere?

Seriously though - that little prick, he's just a kid. So strange, the girl here at my work who was attacked in our parking lot and beaten and thrown in the dude's car, he was only 22 I think.

The disrespect for women and children, just seems to be growing throughout the past several years. It's very sad - I feel for her family.

Reerun_KC
06-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Well if anyone who lives in southeast Kansas and followed the murder trial of my 2nd Cousin Judy Shrum, You will see that the state of Kansas goes easy on the accused...

I am sure this guy with get off on 2nd Degree charges and spend less that 14 years in jail.

MOhillbilly
06-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Well if anyone who lives in southeast Kansas and followed the murder trial of my 2nd Cousin Judy Shrum, You will see that the state of Kansas goes easy on the accused...

I am sure this guy with get off on 2nd Degree charges and spend less that 14 years in jail.

if he killed her in missouri wouldnt missouri take the case? feds aside,interstate transport seems like a lesser charge than rape and murder.

Reerun_KC
06-07-2007, 07:17 AM
if he killed her in missouri wouldnt missouri take the case? feds aside,interstate transport seems like a lesser charge than rape and murder.
Judy was killed just East of Chetopa Ks.....

I am not sure what the MO laws are.... They probably give you 20 years and all the meth you can handle...

MOhillbilly
06-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Judy was killed just East of Chetopa Ks.....

I am not sure what the MO laws are.... They probably give you 20 years and all the meth you can handle...

we kill criminals in MO.

munkey
06-07-2007, 07:26 AM
. Ultimately, life in prison is no picnic, especially for the sick fuggs like this, b/c it's generally viewed by many in the penal system that those that are child molesters and such are a very different breed than the common criminal element, and they usually get a very very harsh go of it while locked up. Given this, being forced to live out the remainder of my days, only to expect to be killed by another inmate, or have all my teeth knocked out so I can be raped in the mouth continually sounds like a way worse deal than taking the easy route and being pumped full of drugs until I pass out for good.

Problem with your logic is the tax payer pays gets reemed as well as the inmate...

A bullet is much cheaper and more humane IMO

Demonpenz
06-07-2007, 07:52 AM
I had a class in college where we talked about how it actually costs more for the state to exicute someone than it does to put someone away for life. I am too lazy to do any reserch.

Anyong Bluth
06-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I had a class in college where we talked about how it actually costs more for the state to exicute someone than it does to put someone away for life. I am too lazy to do any reserch.

Due to the appeals process and delays, it ends up costing more, usually.

SLAG
06-07-2007, 08:26 AM
this is truely a sad sad thing, i dont think he should be executed, he dosent deserve the pleasure of death, on a side note: I think if she would have been more modestly dressed she wouldnt have been abducted, just my opinion, but her and alot of young women and older women alike have been dressing less and less modestly, if you get some sick F@ck that cant control his sexual urges and then you mix in young girls dressed with their butt cheeks hanging out bad things are bound to happen

chasedude
06-07-2007, 08:34 AM
this is truely a sad sad thing, i dont think he should be executed, he dosent deserve the pleasure of death, on a side note: I think if she would have been more modestly dressed she wouldnt have been abducted, just my opinion, but her and alot of young women and older women alike have been dressing less and less modestly, if you get some sick F@ck that cant control his sexual urges and then you mix in young girls dressed with their butt cheeks hanging out bad things are bound to happen

C'mon dude! You can't put this on her choice of clothing.

Who really knows what was going on in this Sicko's head as to why he chose her.

Baby Lee
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
we kill criminals in MO.
Unless the Pope's in town.

chagrin
06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Has he appeared in court yet?

SLAG
06-07-2007, 08:43 AM
C'mon dude! You can't put this on her choice of clothing.

Who really knows what was going on in this Sicko's head as to why he chose her.

Im not saying thats the sole reason, but i think it could be a contrubiting factor

jiveturkey
06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
An article this morning mentioned that the sicko is married and has a 3 year old boy. Neighbors describe him as a normal guy.

jynni
06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Give me a fuggin break...sometimes I can't believe the crap I read around here.

Phobia
06-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Maybe you should get some help for your urges because uh, there's zero reason anything remotely related to this should happen even if a gal is walking around naked in broad daylight.

kepp
06-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Give me a fuggin break...sometimes I can't believe the crap I read around here.
You don't think the mode of dress can be a factor in who a sexual predator chooses?

gblowfish
06-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Dude's from Olathe, your home town. Maybe it's an Olathe thing....

Fried Meat Ball!
06-07-2007, 09:34 AM
He's been charged, per www.nbcactionnews.com.

gblowfish
06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I wonder if he'll be charged in Missouri for the actual murder. Missouri has the death penalty, and uses it.

Does Kansas have the death penalty? I know they used to (aka "In Cold Blood") but don't know if they still do or not.

Edit...ah, answered by own question:

http://www.k-state.edu/amnestyintl/deathpen.html

This guy is going to fry, no doubt.

ChiefsFan4Life
06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I wonder if he'll be charged in Missouri for the actual murder. Missouri has the death penalty, and uses it.

Does Kansas have the death penalty? I know they used to (aka "In Cold Blood") but don't know if they still do or not.

This guy is going to fry, no doubt.

Kansas does have the death penalty as well.