PDA

View Full Version : DRINKERS WANTED: Who wants to join me in going SOBER for 20 days?

TinyEvel
06-06-2007, 07:03 PM
On 1-1-2007, I resolved to give up drinking for 100 days. I lasted 55. I fell short of my goal of 100 but that was the longest I had gone without the devilís elixir in over 20 years. Still, in 55 days, I slept better, was less irritable, lost 10 pounds, had more energy, etc. etc.

Since starting back up I have gone back to my old pattern of a six-pack a day. I need to go on the wagon again to prove that I donít need to do this, but I don't have the time nor discipline right now to commit to an AA program. But Iím looking for people who are in a similar habit to do it with me, and I bet some of you will. To make it easier to participate, Iím setting an goal of 20 days.

Iím going to give up alcohol entirely from midnight Sunday, June 10 though Midnight Saturday June 30.

Iím looking for fellow Planeteers who want to do this with me.

Here are some things which would qualify youÖ

-- should be a regular drinker. This means you drink at least 2 (preferably more) drinks at least 5 days a week (preferably more)

PLUS/OR

-- When put in a situation where thereís alcohol. You ALWAYS partake, usually more heavily than the other people there.

-- You have a habit of drinking (i.e. every night after work or at dinner or after dinner, while on Chiefs Planet, etc.)

-- You find no reason to stop drinking, because you like it so much, and you ďcould stop any time, really, if you wanted to.Ē

Basically, Iíd like to have some other people to share experiences with while going through the same thing simultaneously. Iíll post the ***official*** thread on Sunday evening and we can post on it regularly and give each other support. And if you do fail or bail, be honest. This is going to be on the honor system, and is really about whether you can do it, and just to SEE what, if any effects it has on your body, life, sleep, relationships, social situations, etc.

Iím not doing this for any personal or professional reason other than I want someone else to share stories with and hear what other people go through at the same time.

You donít have to give it up forever, just 20 days. After that, itís up to you.

Any Takers?

Post here or PM me and weíll get it going on Sunday.

TinyE

Mile High Mania
06-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Not a problem for me... Married with 3 kids. I need a drink every now and then, but don't have the time.

Phobia
06-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. Unfortunately, I don't fit any of your criteria. Sorry. I'll probably do it anyway but won't notice.

Bill Parcells
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
No

TinyEvel
06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
No

ROFL. I don't think you could do it.

Fish
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I might try..... I fit your criteria quite well... when are you wanting to start?

Like Sunday 2008?

Bill Parcells
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
ROFL. I don't think you could do it.
It's almost summer, dude. I would go ****ing crazy if I couldn't drink in the summer.

KcMizzou
06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
It's almost summer, dude. I would go ****ing crazy if I couldn't drink in the summer.That's my thinking. It's lake season... jetski time...Camping, boating, fishing... and beer.

Sell your crazy ideas elsewhere, witch doctor!

TinyEvel
06-06-2007, 07:17 PM
It's almost summer, dude. I would go ****ing crazy if I couldn't drink in the summer.

That's why only 20 days. It ends the Saturday night before the 4th of July at midnight. BEsides, drink a club soda or an O'Douls. That's my tactic, to replace the alkeehawl with a non-al drink. And not drink as many, of course.

TinyEvel
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
That's my thinking. It's lake season... jetski time...Camping, boating, fishing... and beer.

Dude, that's part of the idea. When I gave it up in January, that included all the playoffs and the SuperBowl. (including our loss at Indy!)

I thought I'd never make it. But after the fact I barely missed being buzzed during those games.

Bill Parcells
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
That's my thinking. It's lake season... jetski time...Camping, boating, fishing... and beer.

Rep! :thumb:

That's why only 20 days. It ends the Saturday night before the 4th of July at midnight. BEsides, drink a club soda or an O'Douls. That's my tactic, to replace the alkeehawl with a non-al drink. And not drink as many, of course.
I already did this leading up to summer. I didn't drink a beer since St.Patty's day, just vodka and rum, and I lost 25lb's.

The beer drinking started on Memorial day weekend, and now it's like a runaway locomotive! :D

Demonpenz
06-06-2007, 07:26 PM
i stopped drinking because of kidney problems. It sucked the weekends were just me sitting around doing jack shit i would do something productive but it would turn into work then i would go back to work on monday night refreshed but more like. Damn that weeked sucked chilli dog. I am off the wagon for good.

KcMizzou
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Damn that weeked sucked chilli dog. Oh hell... LMAO

Outside the Tasty Freeze?

Skip Towne
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I went out to my brother's cabin on the lake and found him sitting outside drinking a non-alcoholic beer. I confiscated his man card.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
10 days....maybe. 20 days...that sounds like a lot of days. I certainly fit your criteria though.

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 07:39 PM
If you're sampling N/A brews... I recommend Kaliber.

And, no, I won't be playing your game.

Bill Parcells
06-06-2007, 07:39 PM
On a side note, tiny. bill parcells will be in Las Vegas from 8/19-8/23, and would be more than happy to have a couple of beers with a ''legendary ChiefsPlanet Icon''. that is if you can get away from Hollywood that week. ;)

HemiEd
06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Good Luck, I will offer you words of encouragement once in a while on your thread, I promise.

But I gotta enjoy what days I got left.

Simply Red
06-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Can we make it 5 days?

Fairplay
06-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I need to keep my AB stock price up dude, sorry.

DaneMcCloud
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Good luck!

But no way. I gave up beer in March and that was tough enough. It's now Vodka Soda only for me and that barely even feels like I'm drinking.

If you make to July 4th, you'll have to swing by for a celebration drink. Otherwise, you can come by for a drink anytime :evil:

Smed1065
06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I need to join you but I am going the the Bahamas next week and figure that would ruin my all inclusive plans or make me a liar.

Anytime after the 4th (July) is good for me. I have quit 3 times for two years each in the last 5 years but keep trying.

Seriously.

Good luck.

Every time I go to KC for vacation, I fudge it up. Something about friends I grew up with, Chiefs and gambling?

Not to mention little will power in a crowd of "friends".

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I need to keep my AB stock price up dude, sorry.
If you're drinking AB, it's not like you're really drinking anyway.

Cochise
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
If you mean not being drunk, I've been doing this for quite a while now. I barely ever drink. I don't remember the last time I had too much. It's a once in a blue moon thing anymore. The luster has worn off, I'm not young enough to just shake it off without a hangover anymore either.

Probably just getting old, but I just think, 'what does it get me?' Feeling terrible the next day is just not worth it.

TinyEvel
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Can we make it 5 days?

Jump in. and maybe after five you'll find you can go a sixth, maybe even a seventh.....

TinyEvel
06-06-2007, 08:23 PM
10 days....maybe. 20 days...that sounds like a lot of days. I certainly fit your criteria though.
Sign up. You might surprise yourself. I think the point is to see what life is like wtihout the buzz. You have to have a game plan, though, because the hardest part is the moments when you normally have one. I always go pick up beer on the way home. The minute I get in my car, it's like Pavlovian, Head to the market. So, I get a new air freshener in my car. Believe it or not, it really helped. The smell of the car was prompting me to crave the brew.

scorpio
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm in.

L.A. Chieffan
06-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Sorry Tiny, last time I stopped I had the shakes. Good Luck bud!

crazycoffey
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM
NO

that is all

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Screw this. I'm partying with my brothers band next Wednesday night in KC. I'll be drinking all your shares.

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Sorry Tiny, last time I stopped I had the shakes. Good Luck bud!
They go away after awhile.

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 10:01 PM
No

Not just no but

HELL NO

I'll be glad to drink what you don't

Mr. Kotter
06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
They go away after awhile.

:spock:

So you've heard....right?

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM

Him hear? LOFL

Mr. Kotter
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Him hear? LOFL

Yup. LOL

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Him hear? LOFL
Miller lite? WTF?

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Miller lite? WTF?

That's funny stuff there coming from mr miller genuine draft :D

luv
06-06-2007, 10:27 PM
If you could start that later in the morning on Sunday. I'll be drinking all Saturday night.

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM

I've taken my breaks.

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Miller lite? WTF?
I was young and misguided.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 10:39 PM
That's funny stuff there coming from mr miller genuine draft :D
It's also funny to see that from someone who was just busting on AB a few posts ago. Besides, there's a world of difference between MGD and that pee water they call Miller Lite.

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 10:41 PM
It's also funny to see that from someone who was just busting on AB a few posts ago. Besides, there's a world of difference between MGD and that pee water they call Miller Lite.

and there's 3 worlds of difference betweenn all that crap and blue moon,blvd,sierra nevada etc etc
:)

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
MGD is still pee water. An MGD drinker looking down on Miller Lite is like a gay man saying, "Well, at least I'm a top!"

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
and there's 3 worlds of difference betweenn all that crap and blue moon,blvd,sierra nevada etc etc
:)
Yeah, but it's cheaper.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
MGD is still pee water. An MGD drinker looking down on Miller Lite is like a gay man saying, "Well, at least I'm a top!"
Hey now, the pitcher is less gay than the catcher.

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey now, the pitcher is less gay than the catcher.
Are you coming out?

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Are you coming out?
Sorry, that was for comparison purposes only.

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Are you coming out?

God this feels like my first year here,good to have you back if only for a night brian :toast:

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
God this feels like my first year here,good to have you back if only for a night brian :toast:
A beer thread here and there will draw me out.

Demonpenz
06-06-2007, 11:07 PM
the summer sammy adams ale was is ok, alittle too fruity for me, but it was ok

ENDelt260
06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Right now I'm having a Black Toad. Picked up a sixer for $4.99 at Trader Joe's today. It's FANtastic.

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 11:09 PM
the summer sammy adams ale was is ok, alittle too fruity for me, but it was ok

sounds like it's made for Bugeater

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 11:12 PM
sounds like it's made for Bugeater
You know damn well I don't fruit my beer.

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
You know damn well I don't fruit my beer.

it wasn't your beer I was referring too :thailor:

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
it wasn't your beer I was referring too :thailor:
Yeah, I know. That was a feeble attempt at a deflection.

TinyEvel
06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Hey hey HEY...

This is supposed to be a NON drinking thread. All this chat is making me thirsty. You guys are no help. Good thing the test doesn't begin until Sunday night.

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey hey HEY...

This is supposed to be a NON drinking thread.

WHAT????

DaneMcCloud
06-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey hey HEY...

This is supposed to be a NON drinking thread. All this chat is making me thirsty. You guys are no help. Good thing the test doesn't begin until Sunday night.

Too bad you live so "far". I've got the Grey Goose flowin'. And a ton of liquor and Mexican beer leftover from the last party.

luv
06-06-2007, 11:42 PM
WHAT????
Awesome.

Nzoner
06-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Too bad you live so "far". I've got the Grey Goose flowin'. And a ton of liquor and Mexican beer leftover from the last party.

That must suck when no one shows up

luv
06-06-2007, 11:46 PM
You're on a roll.

Mr. Kotter
06-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey hey HEY...

S.T.F.D. and S.T.F.U. :cuss:

WTF, you think this is YOUR thread....just because you started it. ROFL

:p

DaneMcCloud
06-06-2007, 11:50 PM

ROFL

Yeah, it was a "light" party since it was Memorial Day weekend and we only gave like two weeks notice. We only had 38 people that Sunday though we went through three 1.75 liter bottles of Silver Patron, three 1.75 bottles of Grey Goose, 48 assorted Mexican beers, about a half a 1.75 bottle of Captain Morgans and several bottles of red wine. We had a taco cart caterer that served chicken, carne asade and pork tacos, along with 6 different types of salsa, guacamole, refried beans and rice. I had one friend who ate 27 tacos!

But I still have more tequila, Grey Goose and beer. Just sitting. In my garage....

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
WHAT????
YOU GO HOME NOW! WE GOT NO MORE BEER!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=48272&stc=1

Mr. Kotter
06-07-2007, 12:05 AM
ROFL

Yeah, it was a "light" party since it was Memorial Day weekend and we only gave like two weeks notice. We only had 38 people that Sunday though we went through three 1.75 liter bottles of Silver Patron, three 1.75 bottles of Grey Goose, 48 assorted Mexican beers, about a half a 1.75 bottle of Captain Morgans and several bottles of red wine. We had a taco cart caterer that served chicken, carne asade and pork tacos, along with 6 different types of salsa, guacamole, refried beans and rice. I had one friend who ate 27 tacos!

But I still have more tequila, Grey Goose and beer. Just sitting. In my garage....So, dude....are you like, ever...gonna come slum with us mullet-wearin' Camaro-drivin' trailer-park trash types? If only to buy us a couple of rounds? Or will breakfast with Striesand keep you too busy? :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
So, dude....are you like, ever...gonna come slum with us mullet-wearin' Camaro driven trailer-park trash types? If only to buy us a couple of rounds? :shrug:

Yes! One of these days, I'm gonna make it back home to watch a game at Arrowhead and I'll definitely let y'all know.

Here's a real bummer: I'm heading back to a wedding in KC in October. The Wife & I already have our reservations at a hotel on the Plaza and we were all ready to either go to a sports bar or hit Arrowhead for a game that weekend. Then the schedule was released...

My good friend is having his wedding the day before the BYE! I'm FINALLY back in KC (haven't been back since like 2000) and it's the bye week! So lame!

But certainly someday...

RedDread
06-07-2007, 12:11 AM
My Military Training this summer lasts for that exact time period. If there's booze to be had I'm gonna drink but I may be forced into sobriety. :banghead:

Drew
06-07-2007, 12:41 AM
On 1-1-2007, I resolved to give up drinking for 100 days. I lasted 55. I fell short of my goal of 100 but that was the longest I had gone without the devilís elixir in over 20 years. Still, in 55 days, I slept better, was less irritable, lost 10 pounds, had more energy, etc. etc.

Since starting back up I have gone back to my old pattern of a six-pack a day. I need to go on the wagon again to prove that I donít need to do this, but I don't have the time nor discipline right now to commit to an AA program. But Iím looking for people who are in a similar habit to do it with me, and I bet some of you will. To make it easier to participate, Iím setting an goal of 20 days.

Iím going to give up alcohol entirely from midnight Sunday, June 10 though Midnight Saturday June 30.

Iím looking for fellow Planeteers who want to do this with me.

Here are some things which would qualify youÖ

-- should be a regular drinker. This means you drink at least 2 (preferably more) drinks at least 5 days a week (preferably more)

PLUS/OR

-- When put in a situation where thereís alcohol. You ALWAYS partake, usually more heavily than the other people there.

-- You have a habit of drinking (i.e. every night after work or at dinner or after dinner, while on Chiefs Planet, etc.)

-- You find no reason to stop drinking, because you like it so much, and you ďcould stop any time, really, if you wanted to.Ē

Basically, Iíd like to have some other people to share experiences with while going through the same thing simultaneously. Iíll post the ***official*** thread on Sunday evening and we can post on it regularly and give each other support. And if you do fail or bail, be honest. This is going to be on the honor system, and is really about whether you can do it, and just to SEE what, if any effects it has on your body, life, sleep, relationships, social situations, etc.

Iím not doing this for any personal or professional reason other than I want someone else to share stories with and hear what other people go through at the same time.

You donít have to give it up forever, just 20 days. After that, itís up to you.

Any Takers?

Post here or PM me and weíll get it going on Sunday.

TinyE

Drew
06-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Yes its time. As a canadian our beer has a signifigantly stronger content than your yank swill. Pounding white russians also. Also my 14 year old son is now hitting it 'cuz he sees mom and step-dad into it several days a week and thinks it is acceptable. Told his mom tonight she was an alky and asked her to take a week off. (that's before I even saw this thread.) Not good when your kid is telling you to dry out. june 10th I'm dry. hope my common-law will join me.

Go Chiefs!

ClevelandBronco
06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Yes its time. As a canadian our beer has a signifigantly stronger content than your yank swill.

Yeah, but we're drinkin' Yank swill out of the Stanley Cup again this year. I wonder if you Canadians'll ever see that thing again.

convict1983
06-07-2007, 06:41 AM

So what happens after 20 days? Are you going to celebrate by getting trashed and going back to your old ways? :rolleyes:

StcChief
06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Too hot this summer... . I'll watch from the sidelines.

crazycoffey
06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
With all the alcoholics on here, I'm really surprised there hasn't been a parity thread on this for the drinkers, like;

"Who is going to join me on a ChiefsPlanet drinking binge? Tonight we start with vodka, tomorrow whiskey, then we'll switch things up with a night of beer..... rest of the schedule to follow. Brand and mixers are your choice, but you must drink as much as you can and report your progress in this thread. NO BREAKS ALLOWED. If all goes well, one of us will be typing from a hospital bed by wed."

Mr. Plow
06-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Not a problem for me... Married with 3 kids. I need a drink every now and then, but don't have the time.

I've got the opposite problem. Married with 3 kids (8 years, 2 years, 1 year) and new born on the way. If I'm not drinking, I may have to kill myself.

Speaking of which, my 1 year old is just learning "MINE!" So all I hear is "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE" screamed at the top of his lungs. I've tried getting the keyboard away from him, but he loves to post on ChiefsPlanet.

crazycoffey
06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I've got the opposite problem. Married with 3 kids (8 years, 2 years, 1 year) and new born on the way. If I'm not drinking, I may have to kill myself.

Speaking of which, my 1 year old is just learning "MINE!" So all I hear is "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE" screamed at the top of his lungs. I've tried getting the keyboard away from him, but he loves to post on ChiefsPlanet.

That explains many of your recent posts.....

TinyEvel
06-07-2007, 10:14 AM
So, so far I've got Scorpio and Drew on board. Anyone else?

ANd to answer FIghtclub...the goais NOT to go back to a sixer a day after 20 days. The 20 days off is intended to give some basis for normal life. TO prove that you don't HASVE to havae a drink tonight, or today, or all day, as it sometimes turns into.

I'm not daying go sober forever, but just to prove to yourself what it can be like and to debunk one's own mindset (if it exists) that you MUST drink or DESERVE to drink.
Believe me, i'm not turning this into the prohibition movement of 2007. I'm just doind a personal experiment adn would like some other perspectives on the same situation.

Drew: Try to get your wife to join, too. It will be really hard to stop if she's throwing back. Just SEE what happens.
But I'd suggest you guys change it up, like those times you start drinking, usually, do something else, if it's at home, go out. if it's at restaurants, go to ones that don't serve. Or, what helps for me, make the decision to NOT drink before you're in the drinking situation. When I go to a dinner or a party KNOWING that I'm not going to drink, say, I'm telling myself I'm only going to drink club soda, or diet cokes, and even bring it with me, so I know I'll have some, that's usually successful.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
So, so far I've got Scorpio and Drew on board. Anyone else?

ANd to answer FIghtclub...the goais NOT to go back to a sixer a day after 20 days. The 20 days off is intended to give some basis for normal life. TO prove that you don't HASVE to havae a drink tonight, or today, or all day, as it sometimes turns into.

I'm not daying go sober forever, but just to prove to yourself what it can be like and to debunk one's own mindset (if it exists) that you MUST drink or DESERVE to drink.
Believe me, i'm not turning this into the prohibition movement of 2007. I'm just doind a personal experiment adn would like some other perspectives on the same situation.

Drew: Try to get your wife to join, too. It will be really hard to stop if she's throwing back. Just SEE what happens.
But I'd suggest you guys change it up, like those times you start drinking, usually, do something else, if it's at home, go out. if it's at restaurants, go to ones that don't serve. Or, what helps for me, make the decision to NOT drink before you're in the drinking situation. When I go to a dinner or a party KNOWING that I'm not going to drink, say, I'm telling myself I'm only going to drink club soda, or diet cokes, and even bring it with me, so I know I'll have some, that's usually successful.
Were you drunk when you typed this? Perhaps laying off the sauce for a while is a good idea. You did finish strong though, I'll give you that.

CoMoChief
06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Can I start tomorrow? There's a girl who wants me to go out tonite with her to a club and I want to get drunk and nail the shit out of her.

Fairplay
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
But I'd suggest you guys change it up, like those times you start drinking, usually, do something else...

Yeah do something else........ :bong:

Demonpenz
06-07-2007, 07:06 PM
the last time i stopped drinking i just started gambling at the boat. One vice to another ha

scott free
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I applaud your Most Noble of Endeavors E, but i cant do it.

Mr. Plow
06-07-2007, 10:42 PM
That explains many of your recent posts.....

He just tries to outdo me with his intelligence. I'm so stoopid.

Boyceofsummer
06-07-2007, 11:05 PM
You are required to join me for a half marathon. You name the place and time. I DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, I dare me.

Drew
06-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah, but we're drinkin' Yank swill out of the Stanley Cup again this year. I wonder if you Canadians'll ever see that thing again.

as a proud canadian I actually am ambivalent to the fact that a cdn. team hasn't won it in 14 or however many years its been. the ducks players are predominantly canadian anyways so to me its like caliing a white guy a cracker. it doesn't hurt. at all.

we get the game , you guys don't and the sooner bettman and his merry band of idiots stop trying to jam the game down the throats of non-hockey markets the better off all parties will be.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-07-2007, 11:16 PM
as a proud canadian I actually am ambivalent to the fact that a cdn. team hasn't won it in 14 or however many years its been. the ducks players are predominantly canadian anyways so to me its like caliing a white guy a cracker. it doesn't hurt. at all.

we get the game , you guys don't and the sooner bettman and his merry band of idiots stop trying to jam the game down the throats of non-hockey markets the better off all parties will be.
Oh, we get it. We just think it sucks.

Ari Chi3fs
06-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I know what you are saying Tiny E.

Not drinking is as hard as not eating to a fat man, which I am one, so I know this. heh. But, link pain to drinking so much, and pleasure to not drinking... and being sober.

You are just as brilliant and probably funnier without alcohol.

BWillie
06-08-2007, 01:08 AM
I can't even last 7 full days without drinking. God Bless your soul. Ever tried just to do it socially on weekends? It seems to add value to my life rather than take away. I love alcohol.

88TG88
06-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm underage so i'll join your movement.

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Last chance to hop on the 20 days of sobriety. If you haven't had a drink yet today, it's not too late, just jump on and see how far you can go.

Anyone?

Scorp, Drew?

I'm gonna start teh ***OFFICIAL*** thread this afternoon.

crazycoffey
06-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Last chance to hop on the 20 days of sobriety. If you haven't had a drink yet today, it's not too late, just jump on and see how far you can go.

Anyone?

Scorp, Drew?

I'm gonna start teh ***OFFICIAL*** thread this afternoon.

Nope, it's too late, Irish coffee.....

In all seriousness, good luck to you and all that undergo this event. It's good to change things up.

plbrdude
06-11-2007, 11:43 AM
this thread just reminded me that this past month was 8 yrs sober for me. thanks to God

TinyEvel
06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
this thread just reminded me that this past month was 8 yrs sober for me. thanks to God

Congrats, man. I've been misreading your username all along, I thought you were PBRdude. As in Pabst Blue Ribbon. I guess not. ROFL

Simply Red
06-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Congrats, man. I've been misreading your username all along, I thought you were PBRdude. As in Pabst Blue Ribbon. I guess not. ROFL
I quit for 9 yrs. Started back about three years ago.