PDA

View Full Version : Green doesn't know his role in Miami

Mr. Laz
06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
on 810

"culpepper said in miami that he doesn't want a trade ... what is your role in miami?"

Trent Green "i don't know .... i didn't even ask"

ROFL

so you're crying like a little bitch because the competition "is weighted" in kansas city but you didn't even ask what your role is in Miami?

what a lying sack of crap!!

siberian khatru
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
"I'm just happy to be here ... I'm here to help the team any way I can ... I take them one game at a time ..."

DMAC
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Thats just what his church told him to say.

Phobia
06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
"I'm just happy to be here ... I'm here to help the team any way I can ... I take them one game at a time ..."

Exactly. He knows. He's giving the cliche, PC answer. That's why press conferences are virtually useless.

JBucc
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Um, if he doesn't know, that means he thinks there's going to be a competition which he feels isn't weighted. If he said they told him he was going to be the stater, then he'd be lying. We all know he's going to be the starter, it's just PR BS like everything else coaches and players say.

noa
06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Well, Culpepper's still on the roster, so I think he just doesn't want to piss off a teammate and say "Oh yeah, I got the job in the bag."
In his heart, I'm sure he knows he's the starter and Culpepper is going to be cut or traded soon.
I give him the benefit of the doubt here. Just trying to say the right thing with his new team.

Ultra Peanut
06-07-2007, 02:52 PM
TrentIT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!

Brock
06-07-2007, 03:06 PM
How did this guy morph into a total vag so quickly?

Deberg_1990
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Culpepper is going to come back 100% healthy and smoke this 37 year old fool...

StcChief
06-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Cockpeeper doesn't know what his role is.... get a new job should be at the top of his list.

HemiEd
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
This drama is now going to be fun, since the Chiefs are done with it.

Mile High Mania
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Rumor is that Culpepper will be traded or cut b/f the weekend is over... Trent is smiling and not saying much b/c he knows he will be the Day 1 starter.

htismaqe
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Um, if he doesn't know, that means he thinks there's going to be a competition which he feels isn't weighted. If he said they told him he was going to be the stater, then he'd be lying. We all know he's going to be the starter, it's just PR BS like everything else coaches and players say.

The guy said point-blank that his experience in the offense would benefit him greatly in Miami.

The competition in Miami is JUST AS WEIGHTED as it was here. It's just weighted IN HIS FAVOR.

Brock
06-07-2007, 03:22 PM

Culpepper is a giant wuss.

Fruit Ninja
06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
So we got something from Trent, and Miami will in turn get nothing for Culpepper, remember the guy is running the show. NO one will take him for the 5.5 million he's going to get. He will be cut.

noa
06-07-2007, 04:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=2896941&type=story

Culpepper changes mind; asks for release from Dolphins
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Miami Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who initially wanted to stay and compete against new quarterback Trent Green, has asked for his release.

The release is something that should happen very soon.

Culpepper, giving a clean bill of health this week by Dr. James Andrews, initially welcomed the competition of Green when the Dolphins traded a conditional fifth-round choice to acquire him. After a couple days of being told the team was going a different direction at quarterback, he has asked for his release.

"I want to take this opportunity to give an update on my status with the Miami Dolphins," Culpepper said in a statement Thursday. "After hearing public comments from Coach Cameron and Randy Mueller Wednesday, I have decided to aggressively ask to be released. I have written a letter to Randy Mueller and Coach Cameron to that effect and delivered it to them this morning before doing my workout."

The Dolphins have told Culpepper they weren't going to hold him hostage. Though they are trying to shop him in a trade for a low-round draft choice, they will probably cut him before their weekend mincamp. Culpepper has been willing to continue practice and could show up to try to practice with the team over the weekend.

The Dolphins probably won't risk the chance Culpepper, who is scheduled to make $5.5 million, could get injury. They can minimize the risk by cutting him.

"I feel it is necessary to obtain a release rather than seek a trade so that I would not bring the excess baggage of my present contract to a new team," Culpepper said in a statement. "I feel like my next team should have the opportunity to get to know me as a man and a player before they make any long term commitment. Even though it is frustrating, I had prepared myself for the possibility that I would not be given an opportunity to compete here since the week before this years NFL Draft. At that time it became obvious to me that my desire to compete would not trump established relationships."

The Baltimore Ravens may head a list of a few teams that could be interested in signing him once he's on the free agent market.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Deberg_1990
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Culpepper is a giant wuss.

If he can gain even a smidgeon of his previous form back, he will be a steal for some team.

He had some huge seasons there in Minnesota.

chop
06-07-2007, 04:58 PM

Didn't a 40 something QB take his spot in Minnesota?

the Talking Can
06-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Rumor is that Culpepper will be traded or cut b/f the weekend is over... Trent is smiling and not saying much b/c he knows he will be the Day 1 starter.

si senor

Mr. Laz
06-07-2007, 05:28 PM
so just say....... personnel is not my job and i really shouldn't be commenting on things that aren't my job.

instead of making up bullshit and looking like dumbass

Bugeater
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
If he can gain even a smidgeon of his previous form back, he will be a steal for some team.

If my aunt could grow a sack, she'd become my uncle. Whatever form he once had is gone. With that said, I'm sure someone will take a chance on him. I pity whatever team that is though.

Thig Lyfe
06-07-2007, 06:49 PM
The Dolphins probably won't risk the chance Culpepper, who is scheduled to make $5.5 million, could get injury.

John Clayton is going to be pissed that Athan is writing under his name.

Cochise
06-07-2007, 06:53 PM

ROFL

One of the biggest sham QBs there ever was. And he hasn't been able to get healthy in 2+ years now. Why do people think he has any value?

milkman
06-07-2007, 08:20 PM
ROFL

One of the biggest sham QBs there ever was. And he hasn't been able to get healthy in 2+ years now. Why do people think he has any value?

People see the numbers he put up in Minnesota and think that he was responsible for them.

They don't seem to grasp that all he really did was throw the ball up to a couple of the best WRs in the game (Moss, when motivated, and Chris Carter) and they just made him look good.

Spott
06-07-2007, 08:27 PM
How did this guy morph into a total vag so quickly?

It happens pretty quick to people in south Florida. Pretty soon he'll be sporting all kinds of rainbow attire and hanging out at the beach in his banana hammock.

DTLB58
06-07-2007, 08:32 PM
The guy said point-blank that his experience in the offense would benefit him greatly in Miami.

The competition in Miami is JUST AS WEIGHTED as it was here. It's just weighted IN HIS FAVOR.

And there you have it folks.

beer bacon
06-07-2007, 08:35 PM
People see the numbers he put up in Minnesota and think that he was responsible for them.

They don't seem to grasp that all he really did was throw the ball up to a couple of the best WRs in the game (Moss, when motivated, and Chris Carter) and they just made him look good.

Culpepper had his best season in 2004 when Moss was injured for most of the season.

HemiEd
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I see no discussion about his interview tonight on Siruis, if I miss it sorry.

He was talking about how he is ready to get started and bring what he brings, including leadership.

I took from the interview, that he is confident in being the starter.

morphius
06-07-2007, 08:39 PM
He has been saying this for weeks.

I think the reasons he wanted out for two reasons, one was that they took away the starting job, the second was that he probably wanted no part in this new offense that we will be suffering through.

HemiEd
06-07-2007, 08:42 PM

He said they had not promised him anything, last I heard, must have missed it.

NewChief
06-07-2007, 08:55 PM

I think the reasons he wanted out for two reasons, one was that they took away the starting job, the second was that he probably wanted no part in this new offense that we will be suffering through.

I'm not going to speculate on the efficacy of the new offense, but I'll say that I think this was probably the largest factor when Trent talks about the weighting. It would be like if you were a history professor specializing in Civil War history, and your new department head told you that you'd now be teaching Ancient Greek and Roman. It just wasn't a good fit any longer. Miami, on the other hand, still allows Trent to work within his specialty.

Bugeater
06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Culpepper had his best season in 2004 when Moss was injured for most of the season.
How often did you actually watch him when he played for the Vikes? The numbers don't tell the whole story. Sure, he'd rack up yardage and points, but quite often he'd also do something incredibly stupid to give game away. He is absolutely horrid when pressured, and has always had a fumbling problem as well.