PDA

View Full Version : What Was The Best Chiefs Offseason Move To Date?

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 01:04 AM
There may be more choices to choose from than at first glance.

We shall see...

keg in kc
04-21-2001, 01:24 AM
This one's easy.

Bye stooges.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2001, 01:26 AM
This one wasn't that hard. If some changes were not made in coaching we were going nowhere. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Gun and the stooges had to go.

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 01:39 AM
I had to leave a few choices out.

Immediately coming to mind was:

1. Getting compensation for Marty

2. Shoring up the special teams with Stryzinski, Horne, and Allen

Leaving anything out?

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 01:44 AM
I thought Stooges too would be the choice but remember this...

If Vermeil wasn't talked into accepting the job, then Gunther and the staff would still be in place... well, at least some of them would be.

So once Vermeil told Carl he would coach the Chiefs, everything else followed, starting with Gunther being fired.

So, consequently, my vote was for hiring Vermeil.

All those who say this is becoming the Rams, funny how I don't see many of these former Rams playing on the defensive side of the field.

Only Allen was signed from that side of the field, and his contributions have been predominantly on special teams.

So Vermeil & Saunders, the Dynamic Duo and saviors to the Chiefs!!

Luzap
04-21-2001, 08:45 AM
AJKC,

That was my logic also and hence, the two votes for DV.

Luz
i also kind of like the guy...

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 09:33 AM
There are some good choices here, but to Carl's credit, right now the Green trade runs 2nd as far as most-liked move by the Chiefs this offseason.

Surprise, surprise...

Gaz
04-21-2001, 11:22 AM
In all fairness, the votes for losing the Stooges and hiring Vermeil & Co. should be combined.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees them as silver linings of the same dark cloud.

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 04:02 PM
Gaz:

I had to separate them.

Felt it would be too unfair to soil Vermeil's reputation with the stooges...

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 10:37 PM
Just an observation.

It's 31-26 in responses in favor of "The Worst Offseason Chiefs Move" poll over "The Best Offseason Chiefs Move" poll.

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 10:41 PM
Make that 33-26

milkman
04-22-2001, 07:37 AM
I'm betting that we haven't seen the last of the committe approach. I don't believe Priest Holmes is capable of handling the load. I do believe the committe will be smaller. I even like the idea of Holmes and T-Rich sharing the load.

AJKCFAN
04-22-2001, 08:39 PM
It's now 45-34 in favor of the Worst Chiefs Move poll over this one.

C'mon. Have faith. There were good moves this offseason! Let's not think it's going to be 2-14 here.

philfree
04-22-2001, 10:25 PM
Discounting the results of the upcoming season the best move that was made is the fact that the Chiefs were willing to change from what they tried to do in the '90s to the new approach of actually trying to win games by scoring more points then their opposition. I loved the Ds of the '90s but it was awful watching us try to be a championship team without putting offensive playmakers on the field.

PhilFree

KC Jones
04-23-2001, 07:52 AM
For me it's hiring Vermeil and staff. The only reason I choose that was because firing Gunther and staff was just too easy. It obviously needed to be done, and it's much easier to cut than to add. So far I've loved everything I've seen out of Vermeil. For some reason he strikes me as the sort of General who could inspire his men to miracles. Let's just hope his faith in Carl doesn't make his fate end up like that of Titus Andronicus.