PDA

View Full Version : So... I'm going to Wrigley Field Monday night

KcMizzou
06-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I've got a 2-day seminar in Chicago, and we've bought tickets to go to a Cubs game.

I'm pretty excited about it. I've never been in a pro stadium other than Arrowhead and The K. I'm no Cubs fan, but when I was asked, I couldn't turn it down. There's a lot of history there.

Can't really beat the price either. $20 a ticket. We'll be in the upper deck, but I don't mind.

Any pointers, other than try a Chicago dog and some pizza?

Edit: I'll post some pics when I get home.

Bill Lundberg
06-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Hit Murphy's a couple hours before the game and prime the pump. Cubs fan or not you'll be a Cubs fan for a day after being there for a couple of hours. Have fun, it's impossible not to.

noa
06-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Plenty of bars around Wrigleyville to have fun. I always liked the Cubby Bear, and like Bill Lundberg said, Murphy's is good. I hope you don't have to hop on the El as soon as the game is over, it will be crowded as hell. I would say enjoy the game and afterwards, if possible, just hit up any of the area bars. Enjoy the Old Style. No my favorite, but that is the beer of choice at Wrigley.

Also, everyone's got their own opinion, but my favorite deep dish Chicago pizza is Giordano's.

CoMoChief
06-08-2007, 07:24 PM
There's the Cubby Bear, Murphy's Bleachers, Sluggers, and Bernies for bars that are close by.

Get a Chicago Dog!!!!! I can't stress that enough.

luv
06-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Navy Pier.

Ed Debevic's (sp?).

Deep dish pizza.

Sears Tower.

Anyong Bluth
06-08-2007, 07:30 PM
There's also Casey Moran's, I'd stay away from Hi-tops and Cubby Bear, you're best bet IMO is Sluggers, Murphy's or Moran's.

I live about a 15 minute walk away. Not a huge deep dish pizza fan, but you gotta have either Giordano's or Lou Malnatti's. I go back and forth on which one I like better. You should def. hit the bars up early before the game and after.

CoMoChief
06-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Second City is cool too. Many people from SNL start out there.

luv
06-08-2007, 07:34 PM
There's also Casey Moran's, I'd stay away from Hi-tops and Cubby Bear, you're best bet IMO is Sluggers, Murphy's or Moran's.

I live about a 15 minute walk away. Not a huge deep dish pizza fan, but you gotta have either Giordano's or Lou Malnatti's. I go back and forth on which one I like better. You should def. hit the bars up early before the game and after.
That's the one I was trying to think of. AWESOME!

HemiEd
06-08-2007, 08:14 PM
You will be able to say were at Wrigley, that is the best part about it. I have only had good seats there once. (our banks luxury box)The K is a better place to watch a game IMO. Hope you have great time.

Mr. Laz
06-08-2007, 08:30 PM
don't forget the anti-freeze!!

luv
06-08-2007, 08:41 PM
You will be able to say were at Wrigley, that is the best part about it. I have only had good seats there once. (our banks luxury box)The K is a better place to watch a game IMO. Hope you have great time.
Yay. I'll be there tomorrow night!

KcMizzou
06-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, I just got in. Chicago is an amazing city. I had a blast.

I already want to go back. We crammed a lot of fun into 2 1/2 days. (When we weren't doing the business part)

I'm ready to take another trip with more free time.

Wrigley and Navy Pier were particularly awesome.

I saw the game Monday night. Zambrano gave up one run over 8 innings and like 130 pitches, and hit a homer in a 2-1 win. The crowd was nuts.

I'll post pics In a day or two.

Demonpenz
06-14-2007, 12:46 AM
The security guards probably said "Oh shit that guy is going to beat up the first base coach" When they saw you

Mr. Flopnuts
06-14-2007, 12:48 AM
BEEN STANDIN AROUND SUCKIN ON MY BIG OL' CHILI DOG

KcMizzou
06-14-2007, 12:51 AM
BEEN STANDIN AROUND SUCKIN ON MY BIG OL' CHILI DOGWrong name.

KcMizzou
06-14-2007, 12:57 AM
The security guards probably said "Oh shit that guy is going to beat up the first base coach" When they saw youROFL

I think those were White Sox fans.

Interesting observasion. Generally the Cubs fans struck me as frat boys... while the Sox fans were a bit more... thuggish.

Everyone we met was friendly, though.

Also... there was eye candy all over that city.... damn. All ethnicities.

Thig Lyfe
06-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Second City is cool too. Many people from SNL start out there.

I second that. Also, iO (formerly ImprovOlympic) is literally a few storefronts down the street from Wrigley. I highly recommend checking out a show there. If you can, go to "The Harold" either Sunday or Tuesday night (depending on which night you're in town, if either). It's awesome long-form improv. If you think Whose Line Is It Anyway is impressive, you'll be blown away by some of the teams at iO. They can improvise extremely well for a long period of time and don't have the advantage of TV editing. A lot of big-name talent comes out of iO.

Edit: Oops... should have checked the date of the original post. Still, I recommend it next time you're in town.

luv
06-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Well, I just got in. Chicago is an amazing city. I had a blast.

I already want to go back. We crammed a lot of fun into 2 1/2 days. (When we weren't doing the business part)

I'm ready to take another trip with more free time.

Wrigley and Navy Pier were particularly awesome.

I saw the game Monday night. Zambrano gave up one run over 8 innings and like 130 pitches, and hit a homer in a 2-1 win. The crowd was nuts.

I'll post pics In a day or two.
Navy Pier is my absolute favorite part of Chicago.

Glad to see you made it back safely.

Logical
06-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Cool, going to the classic parks is really fantastic. Been to Fenway, Yankee, and the old Detroit stadiums. Never made it to Wrigley I am sure it was a great experience.

KcMizzou
06-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Cool, going to the classic parks is really fantastic. Been to Fenway, Yankee, and the old Detroit stadiums. Never made it to Wrigley I am sure it was a great experience.Thank you... it was. It's hard to believe that place will be 100 years old in 7 years.

KcMizzou
06-14-2007, 01:29 AM
Navy Pier is my absolute favorite part of Chicago.

Glad to see you made it back safely.Thank you.

We didn't have near as much time to spend at Navy Pier as I'd have liked. I did get some good pics though, and we ate at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Good times.

luv
06-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Thank you.

We didn't have near as much time to spend at Navy Pier as I'd have liked. I did get some good pics though, and we ate at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Good times.
No time for the Beer Gartens (something like that)?

Loved the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

You're more than welcome to take me with you next time! :D