PDA

View Full Version : Computers Google Streetview

Guru
06-08-2007, 11:41 PM
http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/

Why do I see potential invasion of privacy suits starting up with this.

Thig Lyfe
06-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Omfg repost and a half

SPchief
06-08-2007, 11:44 PM
We've landed on the moon!!!

Guru
06-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Omfg repost and a half
I did a search using "streetview" and "street view" and got a big fat zero so STFU

FAX
06-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Don't worry about it Mr. Guru. I think it's a great thread.

Anyway, it reminds me that this whole uproar has forced Yahoo to cancel their plans for urinalview.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
06-08-2007, 11:54 PM
I did a search using "streetview" and "street view" and got a big fat zero so STFU

Adding "Google" to your search probably would have helped.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163815&highlight=google

Guru
06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Adding "Google" to your search probably would have helped.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163815&highlight=google
I left Google out of the search because I knew it would give me more hits than I needed. Street view should have been enough. Our search feature obviously needs some work.

KurtCobain
06-09-2007, 12:06 AM
It won't work for me. Screencaps anyone?

Guru
06-09-2007, 12:08 AM
There are some in the other thread that sportsracer decided to shove in my face.

KurtCobain
06-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't feel like going there. I like your thread.

Sam Hall
06-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I searched New York and didn't find any pics of Yankee Stadium.

Thig Lyfe
06-09-2007, 12:24 AM
I left Google out of the search because I knew it would give me more hits than I needed. Street view should have been enough. Our search feature obviously needs some work.

Searching just "Google" got me the very first result on the second page. :shrug:

But yeah the search function is faulty.

Phobia
06-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Our search feature obviously needs some work.

IT'S NOT THE DATABASE!!! THE DATABASE IS AWESOME!!!!

Guru
06-09-2007, 12:44 AM
IT'S NOT THE DATABASE!!! THE DATABASE IS AWESOME!!!!
Of course it is Phil.

BigMeatballDave
06-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Omfg repost and a halfLMAO

Logical
06-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Two rules of the Search function on Chiefs Planet

1. It does not work with more than 1 word.
2. The word has to be at least 4 letters long and not too common.

KurtCobain
06-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Two rules of the Search function on Chiefs Planet

1. It does not work with more than 1 word.
2. The word has to be at least 4 letters long and not too common.

fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it
fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it

SLAG
06-09-2007, 01:21 AM

http://chillplace.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/abortion_Miami.JPG

I did a post about this on my blog

http://LOSTLAMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM

htismaqe
06-09-2007, 06:24 AM
The search function is fine. There's nothing to see here. Move along.

HMc
06-09-2007, 08:36 AM
http://chillplace.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/abortion_Miami.JPG

I did a post about this on my blog

http://LOSTLAMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Consult a medical professional. I think you may be mentally handicapped.

allen_kcCard
06-09-2007, 08:41 AM
There are supposedly some sun bathing bikini chicks on street view near Stanford University, but I haven't been desparate enough to look long enough to find them.

Short Leash Hootie
06-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I searched New York and didn't find have any pics of Yankee Stadium.
it's on there...

CoMoChief
06-09-2007, 02:30 PM
We've landed on the moon!!!

I heard John Goodman died.

Guru
06-14-2008, 02:49 AM
Topuka is officially on the map now. My garage door was open. ROFL

DaneMcCloud
06-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Don't worry about it Mr. Guru. I think it's a great thread.

Anyway, it reminds me that this whole uproar has forced Yahoo to cancel their plans for urinalview.

FAX

Was that before or after the Microsoft bid?

Edit: Old thread.

Guru
06-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Was that before or after the Microsoft bid?

Edit: Old thread.

Wake up will ya!!!!:p

DaneMcCloud
06-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Wake up will ya!!!!:p

I will, once the little one is older than 12 weeks (thankfully, she's 10 weeks at this point).

That is, if I ever get to sleep...

Guru
06-14-2008, 03:14 AM
I will, once the little one is older than 12 weeks (thankfully, she's 10 weeks at this point).

That is, if I ever get to sleep...

Ours is 10 weeks as well.

DaneMcCloud
06-14-2008, 03:16 AM
Ours is 10 weeks as well.

Congrats!

Of course, I also understand why you're awake at 3:14am!

stumppy
06-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Congrats to both of you on the little ones. My grandaughter is about 10 weeks also. I miss the days when mine were that age. But then again, I don't miss the late nights with them.

DaneMcCloud
06-14-2008, 03:25 AM
Congrats to both of you on the little ones. My grandaughter is about 10 weeks also. I miss the days when mine were that age. But then again, I don't miss the late nights with them.

Thanks, Bro.

While some nights have been "trying" and I haven't been to bed before 6am for the past 8 weeks, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

These days are special and the lack of sleep is of little consequence.

Guru
06-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Our fourth one has been the toughest. He is stubborn. Just like mommy. ROFL

stumppy
06-14-2008, 03:45 AM
These days are special and the lack of sleep is of little consequence.

Yea they are. And it gets better every year. I miss mine being younger but I enjoy seeing them grow into adults.

stumppy
06-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Our fourth one has been the toughest. He is stubborn. Just like mommy. ROFL

LMAO

Isn't it cool when you see them do something, say something, or act a certain way and you see yours or their moms traits in them.

Guru
06-14-2008, 03:52 AM
LMAO

Isn't it cool when you see them do something, say something, or act a certain way and you see yours or their moms traits in them.

Whats really weird for me is that all my kids sit on the floor the exact same way I did as a kid.

penguinz
06-14-2008, 07:21 AM
http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/

Why do I see potential invasion of privacy suits starting up with this.How can it be an invasion of privacy if it can be seen from a public street?

DaFace
06-14-2008, 09:01 AM
How can it be an invasion of privacy if it can be seen from a public street?

It can't. Still creepy, though.

They've been back to Denver, and now the entire grid is covered (when the first did it, it was pretty much just the major roads plus downtown). The amazing thing to me is that they've got a lot of the mountain roads covered now, too, so you can take a little "virtual drive" around the mountains if you want to.

DaFace
06-14-2008, 09:12 AM
In related news, I'm not sure how long it's been there, but there's now an option at the top of Google Maps to show Photos or Wikipedia entries related to stuff on the map. It's all under "more."

Google has to be one of the coolest companies in the world.

Baconeater
06-14-2008, 10:38 AM
LMAO

Not really, because that's when I realize he's going to be exactly like me, which, quite frankly, scares the hell out of me. :eek: