PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholism

Brianfo
06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
I am dealing and have been dealing my whole life with an addiction to alcohol. I am one of those people that can't just have one drink. I have black outs and have caused many problems over the years with my drinking. Noone wants to be a drunk, but I think that I am. I have a great job and a wonderful family, but I can't seem to get my drinking under control. I have been able to quit periodically for a while and then I think that I have it under control, but it's time to realize that I don't have it under control. Sorry to bring this topic to this forum, but I need to get it off my chest. Have any of you ever had problems with alcohol and if so, how did you get it under control.

FAX
06-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Get your ass to AA, Mr. Brianfo.

If you think you may have a problem, you do.

FAX

morphius
06-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Get your ass to AA, Mr. Brianfo.

If you think you may have a problem, you do.

FAX
Yup. there are some people who can deal with this issue on their own, but you are obviously not one of them.

blueballs
06-09-2007, 10:30 AM
get straight Jared
we need you

morphius
06-09-2007, 10:39 AM
FWIW, I am surrounded by alcoholics and have seen all kinds, so if you have anything that you want to ask feel free, or ask in a PM.

CosmicPal
06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I've been an alcoholic all my life. Been to rehab a few times and even went stone cold sober for most of the past year. I just don't feel the need to get smashed anymore, so I'm better able to handle my drink, but for the longest time- it's all I ever did- drink to get *****ed up.

Nobody has any magic potion to get you to quit drinking. But, like anything else in this world, your first step to salvation is recognizing you have a problem. Once the recognition sets in, it's up to you to acknowledge it.

Good luck with whatever direction you choose.

Splat420
06-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I never have had a problem with alcohol but had a drug problem for over tens years to me alcohol is just a legal drug. I have been drug free for eight months now I know hard to believe with 420 in my name but people change. The thing I had to realize is you have to want to quit you can't just say it you have to really want to quit it is a fight with your self really. I can only speak for my self but my battle was more in the mind when you want a drink or think about it find some thing else to do fast or some one to talk to. If you just keep sitting there thinking about it your going to lose the fight I know easier said then done. I know it sucks but you might have to think about who you hang out with hard to stay sober watching other people drink. I will pray for you stay strong and find people to help you fight the problem you don't have to do this a lone.

Otter
06-09-2007, 10:51 AM
I tend to binge drink. If I'm on vacation, at a wedding or just hanging out with friends I always be counted on to be legally intoxicated and then some. I'm personally OK with that though, I'm a very happy drunk and it's pretty far and in-between.

The only time I noticed it getting really bad is when I was laid off and had way too much time on my hands.

I really need to be mentally alert at work so I can't drink during the week and now that I'm not single anymore even my free time isn't really "free" anymore so I don't have the time to will away boozing.

The point I'm poorly trying to make is that you may just have too much time on your hands and your filling that void with alcohol as opposed to being an alcoholic who is physically dependent on having the drug in your system.

If that's not the case then you may need help outside of what you can provide for yourself.

Check out this BB, I frequented there when I was going through my laid off period to get a measuring stick of what my problem was.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/

Brianfo
06-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Thank you all for your advice and for listening. I have 3 young children that I love more than life itself and I don't want their old man to be a drunk.

FAX
06-09-2007, 10:56 AM
After reading my post, I think I may have come across as a tad harsh there, Mr. Brianfo. Instead, I want to second Mr. morphius' offer.

Please feel free to let me know if/when you would like to discuss this privately. In the world I used to live in, I saw alcoholism utterly destroy many friends and I've attended many open AA meetings in support of people I care about. In my view, AA is, by far, the best way to overcome this disease. The 12 step program is inspired and workable. Please feel free to send me a PM should you choose. I would welcome the opportunity to help in any way.

FAX

tyton75
06-09-2007, 10:58 AM
If you are so dependent that you need to detox.. I would really recommend the Program at Shawnee Mission, very nice and understanding staff that won't take any chit...

But the long term is you gotta get to AA

CosmicPal
06-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I have 3 young children that I love more than life itself and I don't want their old man to be a drunk.

That should be your central motivation right there! Sh*t, ever since I adopted my dog, my drinking has dropped profoundly. I have a primary responsibility to my dog and I refuse to ignore my responsibilities by sleeping away a hangover all day.

Brianfo
06-09-2007, 11:00 AM
After reading my post, I think I may have come across as a tad harsh there, Mr. Brianfo. Instead, I want to second Mr. morphius' offer.

Please feel free to let me know if/when you would like to discuss this privately. In the world I used to live in, I saw alcoholism utterly destroy many friends and I've attended many open AA meetings in support of people I care about. In my view, AA is, by far, the best way to overcome this disease. The 12 step program is inspired and workable. Please feel free to send me a PM should you choose. I would welcome the opportunity to help in any way.

FAX

Thank you for your help. I am going to go to an AA meeting this week and see what it's all about. The hardest thing is to admit that you can't control it. I don't like to lose and alcohol has beaten me. I also am the type of person that worries a lot about what people think of me. Noone wakes up in the morning wanting to be a drunk, but that's what I have become and if I don't get help, I think it will kill me.

CoMoChief
06-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I say try spending more time with the family as opposed to drinking. If you feel like having a drink, go play with your kids instead. Go bang the hell out of your wife or something.

tyton75
06-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Thank you for your help. I am going to go to an AA meeting this week and see what it's all about. The hardest thing is to admit that you can't control it. I don't like to lose and alcohol has beaten me. I also am the type of person that worries a lot about what people think of me. Noone wakes up in the morning wanting to be a drunk, but that's what I have become and if I don't get help, I think it will kill me.

Ultimately you have to come to the conclusion, "fug them, I dont' care what people think about me.. I'm doing this for ME"..

besides.. its way better to be thought of as a recovering alcoholic than a fuggin drunk waste of space.. right?

FAX
06-09-2007, 11:05 AM

Glad to hear that you're going to a meeting. Thing is that, if you don't address the issue, your children will be grown and you'll come to realize that you completely missed the whole darn thing.

I hope this is your bottom, Mr. Brianfo. If so, that's a very good thing. If not, you'll find it soon enough. The question is, how long will you stay there? I hope it's not long. Life is far too cool to spend it in a haze.

By the way, I would seriously and kindly suggest that you make a commitment to yourself to attend 90 meetings in the next 90 days. Think of it as research.

FAX

morphius
06-09-2007, 11:07 AM
If you are so dependent that you need to detox.. I would really recommend the Program at Shawnee Mission, very nice and understanding staff that won't take any chit...

But the long term is you gotta get to AA
That is something I forgot about completely, detox is a dangerous thing that has some very severe symptoms, including the fact that it can kill you. A family member I know went through some pretty disturbing hallucinations, voices in his head, and then he collapsed and had to be picked up by an ambulance when he collapsed. They recommend not doing that on your own.

tyton75
06-09-2007, 11:16 AM
for more information.. check out

www.soberrecovery.com a lot of good info

FAX
06-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Why in the name of Caligula's Nasty Rash does Mr. Brianfo not have PM's activated?

FAX

Sure-Oz
06-09-2007, 12:32 PM
You are taking necessary measures and doing something about it. You are making the right choices, and continue to do that as well. In the long run its not good and you know it, you just have to learn to control it and you will with help. Stay strong and keep friends and family close. Wish you the best of luck man, seriously.

bringbackmarty
06-09-2007, 12:55 PM
AA is great, not for everybody but it does work. You get out of it what you put into it, like everything else in life.
If you think you may be depressed and self medicating
talk to your Dr. You may need Psychiatric intervention
to help you get through this. Be sure to be honest with your DR. about everything you've done to yourself. You may have done more damage to yourself than you realize, and have specific medical needs addressed concurrently with your addictive disorder.
Try and get some counseling. If you are drinking every day you might need a medical detox.
The most important thing you need are a new set of skills that you may not have or even be aware of. Things like deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, exercise, proper nutrition, proper hydration, quitting smoking if you smoke. All of these things will actually help you in your recovery although they may seem tough at first. You need to transfer the addictive behavior to a positive health enhancing behavior.
All addiction is a disease. AA may not be enough. You have to reinvent yourself from the ground up in a lot of ways.
You can do it. You have to get pissed off for a while at the disease and fight it to get over the "hump". Fight it like you are fighting for your life because you are, and it is "your" life. You have to work at it every day for the rest of your life to stay sober, if you don't you will probably fail.
There is a good book entitled "the recovery book" that works for all addictions but is mainly about alcohol, get it and read it. It will help you a lot with the general stuff not really covered by AA.

Good luck! I'll pray for you!

Micah

bringbackmarty
06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
get straight Jared
we need you
That is just bullshit. You are an idiot. I really hope something bad happens to you soon.

Otter
06-09-2007, 01:03 PM
That is just bullshit. You are an idiot. I really hope something bad happens to you soon.

For whatever reason he goes out of his way to be obnoxious. Ignore it.

PastorMikH
06-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Mr Brainfo, I think given your situation I would suggest that you quit trying to control your drinking and just quit drinking. It sounds like you may never be able to control it so the best thing to do is to avoid it altogether.

AA is a great place to start, but it won't help if you keep thinking after time that you can now control it rather than it control you and start again.

I used to struggle with this myself back in my late teens (I drank from early teens to late teens a lot). I decided to see if I could go without for a while. During that time I got things straightened out between me and the Lord and haven't gone back. I figure that if I don't take that next drink it will never have a chance to get control of me.

deadbabyseal
06-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Brainfo, I'm an alchoholic and I've been sober for eight years. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

blueballs
06-09-2007, 02:08 PM

Paris II lives at Chiefsplanet

chagrin
06-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Brianfo - good luck dude. Here's a place where you can find resources and others going through the same thing (http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)

I wish you well :)

chagrin
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
for more information.. check out

www.soberrecovery.com a lot of good info

Heh, I just linked up the same place.

alanm
06-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I recently celebrated my 10th Bday in AA. I can honestly say that the last 10 yrs have been the absolute best yrs of my life. I can't stress how much AA and the disciplines involved with living life using the 12 steps have helped me to do so. It's a way of living you have to totally embrace. But no one can do it for you. You have to do it yourself. You have to want to do it. If you've reached the point where you're fed up being sick and tired of being sick and tired as I did, then you're ready for the 1st step.
Just remember, you can't do this as a reason to appease anyone else. Not the family, job, courts or cops. Because it won't work. You have to totally want to do this for yourself. That's the only way it's going to work. I did and I'm glad I did. If you have any questions PM me. I'll be happy to help any way I can. You may not realize this but you have millions of friends out there just waiting to help you on the way. All you have to do is ask.

Alan M. A Friend of Bob's.
:thumb:

Rain Man
06-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Good luck, guy.

I can't offer much advice other than to remove all temptations - don't go to places that serve alcohol, stay out of the beer aisle of the grocery store, and remove all alcohol from your house - and take up some other hobby in huge measure. Start jogging, and set a goal of running a 10K or something.

Brianfo
06-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Thank You very much to all who have posted. I have been thinking about this all day and I just need to quit altogether. I know it will be hard, but just have to take it one day at a time instead of thinking of not having a drink for 10 years. Alcohol has caused me so many problems in my life and I have hurt so many people who love me that I just don't want to do it anymore. There is no shame in admitting that it has gotten the best of me. Take Care.

Cochise
06-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Good luck man.

Most of the people I know who drink too much, it seems to have to do with the comapny they keep. It's hard to have friends who are always drinking when they are together and try to stay sober I bet. You may have to make sacrifices but you have to think about which things are worth it, in the end.

Logical
06-09-2007, 05:55 PM

You are off to the right start by admitting it and being willing to seek help. Not mentioned is AA will provide a person that you can contact when you feel you are about to slip. Take advantage of that, very few people can beat this on their own. My mother could not and in the end it was responsible for her death.

Best of luck.

Jayhawkerman2001
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I am dealing and have been dealing my whole life with an addiction to alcohol. I am one of those people that can't just have one drink. I have black outs and have caused many problems over the years with my drinking. Noone wants to be a drunk, but I think that I am. I have a great job and a wonderful family, but I can't seem to get my drinking under control. I have been able to quit periodically for a while and then I think that I have it under control, but it's time to realize that I don't have it under control. Sorry to bring this topic to this forum, but I need to get it off my chest. Have any of you ever had problems with alcohol and if so, how did you get it under control.

Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. Once youre done with even 20 years of being dry, you take one drink and can very very easily start the process all over again. Just now way to ever get over it, other than by not drinking alcohol again for the rest of your life. it sucks, i know

bringbackmarty
06-09-2007, 06:54 PM

Paris II lives at Chiefsplanet
any time you want to step out from behind that screen and say something like that to my face, be my guest. You will find out who is paris and who is a crying bitch real soon.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2007, 07:09 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/4v6yjbl.jpg

blueballs
06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
any time you want to step out from behind that screen and say something like that to my face, be my guest. You will find out who is paris and who is a crying bitch real soon.

kiss my ass

chiefs4me
06-09-2007, 09:01 PM

kiss my ass

what's wrong with you..

morphius
06-09-2007, 09:03 PM
what's wrong with you..
What's right with blueballs would be a short list...

Bob Dole
06-09-2007, 09:03 PM

kiss my ass

Seriously. If you two don't stop acting like prepubescent boys, Bob Dole is going to give both of you a timeout.

Jeebus.

go bowe
06-09-2007, 09:09 PM
any time you want to step out from behind that screen and say something like that to my face, be my guest. You will find out who is paris and who is a crying bitch real soon.no, no, no...

there will be no stepping out around here...

btw, your post seems to suggest that you are either paris or the crying bitch...

since i'm pretty sure about you not being a crying bitch, that makes you paris, i guess... :Poke:

blueballs
06-09-2007, 09:10 PM
unbelievable
please go back and read the posts in question
again

go bowe
06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
link? :fire:

Logical
06-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Poor Brianfo, this threads direction probably has him ready to hit the bottle again.

Resist the urge and remember some people are too self-centered to be concerned about others.

Get well.

tommykat
06-09-2007, 10:10 PM
I recently celebrated my 10th Bday in AA. I can honestly say that the last 10 yrs have been the absolute best yrs of my life. I can't stress how much AA and the disciplines involved with living life using the 12 steps have helped me to do so. It's a way of living you have to totally embrace. But no one can do it for you. You have to do it yourself. You have to want to do it. If you've reached the point where you're fed up being sick and tired of being sick and tired as I did, then you're ready for the 1st step.
Just remember, you can't do this as a reason to appease anyone else. Not the family, job, courts or cops. Because it won't work. You have to totally want to do this for yourself. That's the only way it's going to work. I did and I'm glad I did. If you have any questions PM me. I'll be happy to help any way I can. You may not realize this but you have millions of friends out there just waiting to help you on the way. All you have to do is ask.

Alan M. A Friend of Bob's.
:thumb:
:clap::clap: I am proud of both of you! I put myself in rehab for drinking several years after my divorce. My choice, however until you hit that point of "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired" Well, I typed alot however it did not come through...PM me if you wish.

Phobia
06-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Brian, I don't have a whole lot to add but I would like to encourage you. I haven't quit drinking but I cut back significantly about 18 months ago. I liked to get drunk and obnoxious when I drank. Now I'm just sober and obnosious, which is just as much fun.

I wish you and your family the best. It sounds like your heart is in the right place.

It's okay to screw it up but get back up and fix it.

Chieftain58
06-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Valley Hope

MadMax
06-10-2007, 12:56 AM

You are not alone my friend, I was in good shape up untill about 7 years ago when my house burned to the ground and I gave up on life ( I know...weak huh ) Anyways I am a full blown alcoholic and it really sucks, I drink almost a fifth of whiskey every other day. It doesn't help that I also have Chronic liver disease :( I am raising 2 children 8 and 12 but I am a good father so I suppose Im a functioning alcoholic ) I know I need help too bro. I dont know why I gave up, I just know I need to get well for my children. I feel like such a loser anymore, if you woulda knew or saw me before this you would be amazed at how bad things can get in a short period of time. I'll regret posting this tomorrow cause I always do :(. I wish you well my friend I know it wont be easy.

ClevelandBronco
06-10-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm impressed with all the good people on this thread who deserve to recover, or have already claimed their lives back, or have helped friends and family along their way. All you folks have so much to give that will make our lives better.

I'm praying for you all collectively and as I go back through the thread, I'll be praying for each of you individually. (God can sort out user names, right?)

You guys are an inspiration. Keep it going.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2007, 03:10 AM
You are not alone my friend, I was in good shape up untill about 7 years ago when my house burned to the ground and I gave up on life ( I know...weak huh ) Anyways I am a full blown alcoholic and it really sucks, I drink almost a fifth of whiskey every other day. It doesn't help that I also have Chronic liver disease :( I am raising 2 children 8 and 12 but I am a good father so I suppose Im a functioning alcoholic ) I know I need help too bro. I dont know why I gave up, I just know I need to get well for my children. I feel like such a loser anymore, if you woulda knew or saw me before this you would be amazed at how bad things can get in a short period of time. I'll regret posting this tomorrow cause I always do :(. I wish you well my friend I know it wont be easy.

I'm sorry things are going so poorly for you bud. If you ever need to talk you know I've always got your back. My cousin (you know which one) got a DUI the other day and is pretty much fooked right now. Maybe the best thing that could happen to him though since they'll give him an alcohol assessment and a shit load of treatment. Give me a hollar man, it's been too long since we've talked. I'll be the first to say you're a good father, a good friend, and an all around good hearted human being. I hope you can find the will, the strength, and the passion to pick up the pieces and get back on the horse. You're still a young feller.

MadMax
06-10-2007, 03:58 AM
I'm sorry things are going so poorly for you bud. If you ever need to talk you know I've always got your back. My cousin (you know which one) got a DUI the other day and is pretty much fooked right now. Maybe the best thing that could happen to him though since they'll give him an alcohol assessment and a shit load of treatment. Give me a hollar man, it's been too long since we've talked. I'll be the first to say you're a good father, a good friend, and an all around good hearted human being. I hope you can find the will, the strength, and the passion to pick up the pieces and get back on the horse. You're still a young feller.

Thanks so much for the kind words my friend, yea I talked to my brother tonight he will be ok im sure, He is smart and young enough to learn from this. I miss you guys so much, also I miss Gary :( I have lots to say so I will pm you and not bother these fine ppl with my problems

Iowanian
06-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Changes are always alot tougher to make than excuses for not.

Best of luck to all of you in conquering your struggle.

Phobia
06-10-2007, 01:21 PM

You've posted some crazy, wild stuff on this site in the past but this post is probably your best. I wish you well, dude. I also have faith in you. That hard headed, in-your-face posting style you've employed while in the bottle is the same attitude that will get you sober. Best of luck.

WilliamTheIrish
06-10-2007, 01:27 PM
18 years for me. No sense rehashing the details.

I'll only say that it's left thousands of dollars in my pocket that would have been left in the hands of the local bartender.

Can't really put a price on the happiness it brought to the folks closest to me.

chiefbowe82
12-28-2009, 09:02 PM
up

Dottefan
12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I wish I had some words of wisdom, or something profound to say to you that would magically make you better...but all I can say is this. It takes more strength then you know to actually admit that you have a problem , and to admit it publicly like this. You already have made the first step..now all you have to do is build on that , and hopefully you can recover and get back to living your life the way that you want to. Hope you get it under control bro, good luck

Brock
12-28-2009, 09:13 PM
up

why?

chiefbowe82
12-28-2009, 09:15 PM
why?

I enjoy lending motivation to those in need

Brock
12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
This is from 2 years ago, who are you talking about?

chiefbowe82
12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
This is from 2 years ago, who are you talking about?

most times people fall down, it's wheater they get back up

Brock
12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
:facepalm:

BigVE
12-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Seems kind of low rent for someone to bump a thread like this other than the original poster if he so chooses. Just my 2 cents.

chiefbowe82
12-28-2009, 09:23 PM
You're a dick for digging this up. Uncool.

I guess theres two ways to look at it. Regardless you keep bumping it up with these comments.

Simply Red
12-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Bro' - if you're not a mult - heck, or if you are, if you ever need me, i'm here for you.

Srsly Brianfo

listopencil
12-29-2011, 10:52 PM
What's next? Brianfo comes out of the closet?

doomy3
12-29-2011, 10:55 PM
I enjoy lending motivation to those in need

Way to go. You know this guy just killed himself last week, right? Way to rub salt in the wound.

Simply Red
12-29-2011, 10:59 PM
What's next? Brianfo comes out of the closet?

It's apparent he has issues, I really would help him, that wasn't BS - he was online today.

I hope he figures it out, life can be a bitch OFTEN. I'm really blessed in so many ways w/ my defeating it, i'd gladly help someone to the max I could from Georgia.

R8RFAN
12-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Good luck man... I know this thread is old but hope you are ok

Chocolate Hog
12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Way to go. You know this guy just killed himself last week, right? Way to rub salt in the wound.

He did?

Simply Red
12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
He did?

no

SPchief
12-29-2011, 11:12 PM
You guys do know that this is a Joey/Kurt mult right?

Frazod
12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Only if he's discovered a way to login from beyond the grave.

Simply Red
12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
You guys do know that this is a Joey/Kurt mult right?

where was this proven? I really don't think he is.

SPchief
12-29-2011, 11:18 PM

In his "suicide" thread

Frazod
12-29-2011, 11:18 PM

That's crap. He's been here much longer than Joey.

Simply Red
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Kurt always says that though, if you're referring to him supposedly admitting it, I doubt it, he does that thing to **** w/ people. I really don't think it is, but if he is, I'd help him cope. I'd be eager to be a pen pal and help him settle this issue.

What's even even more far fetched, than the above is; I even think I could make it work.

Simply Red
12-29-2011, 11:21 PM
now I DO think he's 'That Guy' and possibly a member of that tri-poster mult 'dottefan' -- I know the real deal there w/ that one.

Phobia
12-29-2011, 11:52 PM
He's not a mult unless he goes to a lot of trouble to cover his tracks. Based on how quickly I found the real him, I doubt he cares or if he's really all that computer savvy.

Simply Red
12-29-2011, 11:55 PM
He's not a mult unless he goes to a lot of trouble to cover his tracks.

yeah, this guy needs help and loves his family - he's had mixed previous threads indicating 'hapiness and sadness' -- if he never contacts me, i'm ok with that, but it's more than welcome and I just fought the battle and have been sober for about 22 mos.-ish I'm just guessing at the time - could be off by a few months, honestly.

Phobia
12-30-2011, 12:05 AM
yeah, this guy needs help and loves his family - he's had mixed previous threads indicating 'hapiness and sadness' -- if he never contacts me, i'm ok with that, but it's more than welcome and I just fought the battle and have been sober for about 22 mos.-ish I'm just guessing at the time - could be off by a few months, honestly.

I'm proud of you, brutha.

Simply Red
12-30-2011, 12:07 AM

well thanks man, I overcame a lot, stuff you don't know, and nobody here knows, I credit God too. oh and Tebow ;) :p

Phobia
12-30-2011, 12:15 AM
well thanks man, I overcame a lot, stuff you don't know, and nobody here knows, I credit God too. oh and Tebow ;) :p

Heh. I know it was more than what you were putting out here or telling me on the phone.

Simply Red
12-30-2011, 12:19 AM
yeah, mostly professionally, but w/ the help of luck, friends and the man upstairs, i'm doing pretty well, better than I could've imagined, at that time. I pray for anyone in need. I think there are more on here 'in need' - than would ever be admitted. I just want to say one more thing, I didn't plan on bumping this for my own good, in fact I'm not even sure WHY I did it, I have no reason.

But, If anybody ever wants to talk, I'll pour my heart out to you, to help, as much as I can, as much as I can and still function at work and still carry on my own thing. But i'm here for anyone, my door is always open!

Good night.

Chocolate Hog
12-30-2011, 12:20 AM
So whats the deal? This guy is alive right? Says he logged on today. The cops ever get ahold of him?

go bowe
12-30-2011, 12:25 AM

this X 100...

L.A. Chieffan
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Dammit I wanted to get high not sprinkle this shit on my oaties

KC Tattoo
12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
It takes a hell of a lot more than just going to meetings to get sober and change your life around, however going to meetings is a good place to start.

fuck me running alcohol kicked my ass but now I'm doing so much better by not drinking today.

I love alcohol and figure I will just pick it up again one day, but I hope that I don't have too for as long as I have my daughter living with me. She has been my biggest inspiration to stay sober. I know I wouldn't have had a chance to get her if I stayed drunk. So, I had to turn my life around and it has not been easy and I still have thoughts of drinking but I just don't drink today so that I don't have to worry about it.

Last time I drank was the weekend after my dad died in oct 2009. Went out with my brother and cousin for a few at the small towns only bar. I never have just a few I drink untill i become waisted rock ranger. Well that small town pub closed at midnight and I was just getting warmed up after drinkin 15 or 20 beers or so. My brother had trhee the smuck. My cousin could keep up with me but he was done drinking when the bar closed. I didn't want to stop & when I got home took a handful of trazadone because I wasn't satisfied. So the end result of that drunk was throwing up blood & that just wasn't that much fun after all. Not the first time I ever threw up blood from drinking but hope to God it's my last time throwing up blood.

AA has been great to me, but I don't make it pryority in my life any more. It's still a big part of my sobriety tho. Getting a sponcer and working the steps is part of the solution at getting sober & staying sober in order to make a better out come for a better life to live. Maybe even read out of the big book would help.

I'm not preaching AA because I know it's up to me to stay sober or not, AA is just a tool to use if serious about staying sober. It takes a much higher power than any person can offer. Making friends and having phone numbers of people who care for your best interest and calling them is a tool to use to save your ass from falling off.

Me I live one day at a time and give credit to the people that I love and that care for me. I give credit to my God of my understanding that he alone is the one who can lift me up by the back of my nick out of the gates of hell.

I hope any of this helps for those who are looking for recovery from alcoholism. If not then thank you for getting drunk and killing yourself for my own reminder that I don't have to do that any more.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2011, 01:16 PM
I think I've figured it out, Brianfo is a Mr_Blonde mult.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
12-30-2011, 02:43 PM
This looks familiar to that suicide thread. Not buying it. Bitch.

kstater
12-30-2011, 02:48 PM

Kill yourself.