PDA

View Full Version : Focking video stores

Nzoner
06-09-2007, 02:37 PM
So I finally get around to renting a couple of DVD's last night(Blood Diamond and Lucky Number Slevin).Now it's not like I live a long way but it's a good 8 or 9 miles to the video store so when I'm just getting into the major plot of Slevin the focking DVD screws up!So I take it out and see that it's all but filthy and scratched but yet it played for a good 40 minutes or so.

So I clean it but still no satisfaction,so now I'm uber pissed because I have to get out now and go back to the store to which some dipshit clerk will inform me that they will give me a credit for the same movie because the other 2 copies are rented out and blah blah blah!!

Granted,I could've looked at the disc when the clerk gave it to me but I didn't I just kind of thought that maybe a store like Hasting's would instruct their employees to check the disc before giving it to the customer.

So now I have to wonder did the person before fock up the disc or did they too complain and yet Hastings just put it back out on the shelf :cuss:

Count Alex's Losses
06-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Another reason to download movies.

Nzoner
06-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Another reason to download movies.

Some of us still like to get out and get away from the house and computer for awhile.

Count Alex's Losses
06-09-2007, 02:45 PM
So do I...I like the theatre, but video stores are for shit.

Nzoner
06-09-2007, 02:51 PM
So do I...I like the theatre, but video stores are for shit.

They're still in business to offer a service and these days service is for shit about anywhere and I'm getting very tired of it.Some manager is going to get an ear full when I take the movie back.

Count Alex's Losses
06-09-2007, 02:52 PM
If you REALLY want to rent movies, use netflix.

Saulbadguy
06-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Netflix or Blockbuster online, dude.

CoMoChief
06-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Some of us still like to get out and get away from the house and computer for awhile.
ROFL

KCFalcon59
06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
I use Netflix, and I still get an occasional movie that is ****ed up. So it won't solve the problem completely.

KurtCobain
06-09-2007, 03:22 PM
If you REALLY want to rent movies, use netflix.

Says the guy that barely makes it from his computer to his mailbox.

Baconeater
06-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I rented Creepshow a while back and it was fugged up. Luckily I don't rent very many movies, but the Mrs and Jr do, I guess it's fairly common. I don't remember ever having problems when everything was VHS other than the jackholes that wouldn't rewind the damn tapes.

Groves
06-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I still can't for the life of me think of how people manage to put 60-grit scratches on a dvd in that short trip between the safe confines of that dumb jacket and the waiting jaws of their dvd player.

Someone enlighten me. How does this happen?

I can see fingerprints, I can see a scratch or two when you set it down temporarily (apparently in the sandy terrarium right next to the TV). But so many of these discs are so scratched up, I can't figger it out.

TrickyNicky
06-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I still can't for the life of me think of how people manage to put 60-grit scratches on a dvd in that short trip between the safe confines of that dumb jacket and the waiting jaws of their dvd player.

Someone enlighten me. How does this happen?

I can see fingerprints, I can see a scratch or two when you set it down temporarily (apparently in the sandy terrarium right next to the TV). But so many of these discs are so scratched up, I can't figger it out.
I don't know. I've always treated DVD's and games like they were very fragile, even though they can take a lot of punishment. I always held them delicately with the center and edges touching skin only and usually never leaving them out of their cases.

Then you get a roommate, or some friends who treat discs like their playing cards, shuffling sloppily through them, putting prints all over the underside, and keeping them in a stack instead of returning them to their cases.

Forget about buying DVDs or Games used unless they are super cheap, most of the time they are just scuffed a bit, but some times you'll get one that looks like it has been used as a coaster for a year.

Nzoner
06-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't know. I've always treated DVD's and games like they were very fragile, even though they can take a lot of punishment. I always held them delicately with the center and edges touching skin only and usually never leaving them out of their cases.

Then you get a roommate, or some friends who treat discs like their playing cards, shuffling sloppily through them, putting prints all over the underside, and keeping them in a stack instead of returning them to their cases.

Or a mrs,I recenty got into my collection of concert DVD's and was shocked to see 4 blank spots staring at me and thought I'd been ripped off(I keep them in alphabetical order)only to find out the mrs had let the teenage daughter of one of my employees borrow them.

This made me quite nervous as my mrs has no problem letting her cd's lie around in stacks out of their cases.

FAX
06-09-2007, 04:20 PM
If I understand you correctly, Mr. Nzoner, I've had the same problem on numerous occasions. It seems like the movie is damaged after about 3/4s of the way through. I've blamed it on bad luck in the past, but now I'm starting to think it's DVD Gnomes and if I see one of those little bastards, I'm going to stomp on his tiny little toes.

FAX

Eric
06-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Toothpaste & water. Use a rag to polish it.

When you return it and tell them to clean it because it's skipping.

None if this would happen if there were cover jackets like old small removable disks & floppys. The movie companies probably love it that it scratched up and you have to rebuy.

Ultra Peanut
06-09-2007, 07:08 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/4v6yjbl.jpg

crazycoffey
06-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I went to blockbuster today, and the clerks were busting my butt about KC, "why did you trade Daunte to us? I think that's like handing us at least 21 points...."

me- "we needed to make room for our first round pick and we knew we could pass daunte to some lame ass team that thought he was still good"

"But then you got rid of Green! We used to be scared of KC's offense, not anymore"

me - "well, we want you to be scared of our D for a change, doesn't matter we are still going to beat you all.....now shut up and check me out"

some fun smash talk, just sharing.

sorry to hear about your inconvienance, Nzoner

Guru
06-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I have had nothing but problems with videos rented from Hastings. They lost my business completely. I use Blockbuster online for 10 bucks a month with one out at a time. Then I return it to the store a couple miles from my house for a free rental. I usually pull in about 10-12 rentals a month for that 10 bucks. Haven't had a bad DVD yet.