PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Ocho Cinco is fast

Sam Hall
06-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Johnson beats horse in run for charity
June 9, 2007

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Chad Johnson got a head start without having to jump offside, and beat his coverage to the goal line again.

The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver was waiting at the finish line when Restore the Roar arrived at the end of his one-eighth-mile gallop. That's right: Johnson raced a horse Saturday and easily won.

Johnson was spotted a 100-meter lead -- roughly about half the distance the horse had to cover in the race for charity. And when it was over, Johnson, as usual, was anything but humble. He sounded ready to take on boxing, basketball and NASCAR.

"Floyd Mayweather, you're next," Johnson said. "I want to fight you. I'd like to take Kobe and LeBron one-on-one. Jeff Gordon, we can take a couple laps. ... Now it's my time to take over the race world."

The 4-year-old colt's jockey, P.J. Cooksey, rode a horse that beat former Bengals receiver Cris Collinsworth in 1993. She sounded more impressed with Johnson's speed.

"He's quick," Cooksey said. "He's a fast man. That was phenomenal. When I looked over at him, all I could see were his legs; they looked like a windmill. He was a blur. I was beat bad."

Buehler445
06-09-2007, 11:35 PM
OH NO. We'll never hear the end of it. Although I'm glad he did it for charity. Nice move.

Silock
06-09-2007, 11:38 PM
I guess we know how he avoids getting arrested like the rest of his teammates.

noa
06-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Did he do his Michael Flatley impression?

Count Zarth
06-10-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm disappointed he didn't blow out a hammy. Dumbass.

Rain Man
06-10-2007, 09:53 AM
On NFL Network last night, they said that Johnson ran a quarter-mile and the horse ran a half-mile. I didn't think that looked right from the pictures. If he ran 100m while the horse ran 200m, that doesn't seem all that impressive.

Though actually, this article contradicts my theory. Check it out - it's a way cool article that completely contradicts the prevailing view that humans are the weaklings in the animal world who thrive solely due to our brains. Quite fascinating.

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/may/tramps-like-us - Born To Run
Biomechanical research reveals a surprising key to the survival of our species: Humans are built to outrun nearly every other animal on the planet over long distances.

Mr. Laz
06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
try it again at 400 meters and see what happens

Buehler445
06-10-2007, 10:32 AM
On NFL Network last night, they said that Johnson ran a quarter-mile and the horse ran a half-mile. I didn't think that looked right from the pictures. If he ran 100m while the horse ran 200m, that doesn't seem all that impressive.

Though actually, this article contradicts my theory. Check it out - it's a way cool article that completely contradicts the prevailing view that humans are the weaklings in the animal world who thrive solely due to our brains. Quite fascinating.

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/may/tramps-like-us - Born To Run
Biomechanical research reveals a surprising key to the survival of our species: Humans are built to outrun nearly every other animal on the planet over long distances.

That article makes a lot of sense, but prehistoric humans in ruins that I have been to were much shorter and stalkier, which doesn't make for solid distance running. Could be an adaptation for a certain environment or something, I'm not very well learned in the subject. It could also be a result of the fact that our civilization is so out of shape, that our physical abilities have eroded that much over the years. Intersting article!

BTW, anybody know what his 100M time was?