PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Jefe
06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
This is her she is 7 weeks old and she weighs 13lbs she is ADBA and her blood line is freaking ridiculous. I will let you dog experts guess on what kind of dog she is to see if anyone knows. I will tell you if no one can guess it.female1a

El Jefe
06-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I have no idea how to get her picture from my pictures to here, any help would be nice.

Phobia
06-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Bowl of antifreeze.

El Jefe
06-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Here she is

El Jefe
06-10-2007, 09:50 PM
She is a lot bigger now but this is a good shot of her.

Donger
06-10-2007, 09:50 PM
This is her she is 7 weeks old and she weighs 13lbs she is ADBA and her blood line is freaking ridiculous. I will let you dog experts guess on what kind of dog she is to see if anyone knows. I will tell you if no one can guess it.female1a

WTF is an ADBA?

El Jefe
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Just means American Dog Breeders Association.

UteChief
06-10-2007, 09:57 PM
boxer?

Delano
06-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Cut the suspense. What is ADBA and is it a boxer!?

el borracho
06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
For comparison purposes here is a boxer puppy:

http://ahimsadogtraining.com/images/stock/boxer-puppy.jpg

*edit:I'm not very good at attaching photos.

Delano
06-10-2007, 10:09 PM
For comparison purposes here is a boxer puppy:

http://ahimsadogtraining.com/images/stock/boxer-puppy.jpg[/IMG]

ORLY?

UteChief
06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
That boxer looks to be a few 7-8 maybe months old. The one he bought looks like 6-8 weeks.

blueballs
06-10-2007, 10:15 PM
buying love out right
smart move

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I hear ya with the bloodline stuff, my German Shepard puppy has an insane lineage. I'm talking about his cousins winning the AKC Westminster dog show stuff.

UteChief
06-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I just noticed he said the pup is 7 weeks. Sorry.

Logical
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
My I suggest puppies survive best on a diet of transmission fluid mised with anti-freeze.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 08:57 AM
My I suggest puppies survive best on a diet of transmission fluid mised with anti-freeze.

ROFL

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry I just got on, the puppy is a Pit Bull, she is all 3 colors blue/grey/champagne/brindle. The lady has been breeding them for 15 years and it has blood from the famous Pit "Gator Gotti".

Simply Red
06-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry I just got on, the puppy is a Pit Bull, she is all 3 colors blue/grey/champagne/brindle. The lady has been breeding them for 15 years and it has blood from the famous Pit "Gator Gotti".
Did you buy her from that kickboxer guy?

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 10:04 AM
No, I was thinking of buying her from Immaculate, but he only had one female, and he said she was spoken for. I didnt want to go over someone to get a puppy. Plus there is the whole thing that I cant see what I would get until I got it. Where I am buying mine from is a very reputable site in breeding non-aggressive pit bulls, and you pay for it too lol. But I can go see my puppy before I buy her, she is only like 2 hours away from me. I talked to the breeder long and hard about the aggressive nature of the pit and she has spent 15 years working on breeding non-agressive pits. She runs a kennel also and her pits interact with all the dogs, ranging from chiuahas, boston terriers, to rescued pits. She adopts mistreated pits and has unbelieveable knowledge on the breed. Funny part is I called her about her boston terrier puppies, and I ended up getting a pit lol.

Phobia
06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Make sure you fatten yourself up. That dog is bound to get hungry.

Iowanian
06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Did it come with an increase to your liability insurance premium and maximum coverage?

Donger
06-11-2007, 10:11 AM
it has blood from the famous Pit "Gator Gotti".

It's that young and it's already spilling blood?

Scary.

Simply Red
06-11-2007, 10:12 AM
No, I was thinking of buying her from Immaculate, but he only had one female, and he said she was spoken for. I didnt want to go over someone to get a puppy. Plus there is the whole thing that I cant see what I would get until I got it. Where I am buying mine from is a very reputable site in breeding non-aggressive pit bulls, and you pay for it too lol. But I can go see my puppy before I buy her, she is only like 2 hours away from me. I talked to the breeder long and hard about the aggressive nature of the pit and she has spent 15 years working on breeding non-agressive pits. She runs a kennel also and her pits interact with all the dogs, ranging from chiuahas, boston terriers, to rescued pits. She adopts mistreated pits and has unbelieveable knowledge on the breed. Funny part is I called her about her boston terrier puppies, and I ended up getting a pit lol.

cool. Personally not a fan. But I'm glad for ya. She is pretty.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Make sure you fatten yourself up. That dog is bound to get hungry

ROFL. To tell you the truth I am not worried about it doing anything violent. If you spend time with your dog, do the basic obedience training, and make sure they are around other dogs and animals when they are young they will be fine. Plus she is only a puppy she is too small to hurt anything.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
cool. Personally not a fan. But I'm glad for ya. She is pretty

Honestly me either, but the thing that sold me was the repetitive replies of the breeder saying she has not bred any aggressive dogs. I live out in the country and wanted a dog that would protect my house. Our other dogs are wimps and if we got robbed they would run away rather than attack a burgler. We have had some robberies around our area and really I wanted something I could play with but that also would protect our possesions.

Iowanian
06-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Wait.....

You want a non-agressive dog, but one that will attack someone it doesn't know.

So much for the Meter Readers balls.

gblowfish
06-11-2007, 11:15 AM
What a cutie.
Good luck to you both.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Wait.....

You want a non-agressive dog, but one that will attack someone it doesn't know.

So much for the Meter Readers balls.

Ok maybe I didnt phrase that right, I want a dog that is aggressive when it comes to protecting me or our house, we had a lab that was like that but we havent got another dog like that since. I just wanted to try a new breed of dog also.

Immaculate
06-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Great dogs. I've got Gator-Gotti" blood pits for sale right now too.

Nice buy.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Immaculate can you go into much detail for me on the "Gator-Gotti" blood pits. She kept using that as a point to illustrate how good their blood line is.

MOhillbilly
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
i know how shes bred! i know how shes bred!

half cur & half scatterbred.

MOhillbilly
06-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey Immaculate can you go into much detail for me on the "Gator-Gotti" blood pits. She kept using that as a point to illustrate how good their blood line is.

theyre staffs.big boned big headed.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Interesting thanks MOhillbilly.

Iowanian
06-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Gator Gotti can leap a security fence in a single bound, speed read chinese and crush an infants skull like an M&M.

Phobia
06-11-2007, 01:47 PM
i know how shes bred! i know how shes bred!

half cur & half scatterbred.
I think you're wrong.
http://www.pappasblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/dogs_humping.jpg

MOhillbilly
06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I think you're wrong.
http://www.pappasblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/dogs_humping.jpg

but its sooooo right.

Brock
06-11-2007, 02:03 PM
poop maker / lawsuit

MOhillbilly
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
poop maker / lawsuit

i would trust a UKC/staff line much less than a farmbred/gamebred dog.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Wow this thread went south awful quick.

COchief
06-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Congrats, what a beautiful animal. Pits are one of the most loyal and loving breeds around. Just make sure and put in the time with her. It happens to be my breed of choice also.

cheers

MOhillbilly
06-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Wow this thread went south awful quick.

just my honest opinion.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 02:42 PM
i would trust a UKC/staff line much less than a farmbred/gamebred dog

I happen to agree with you there.

MOhillbilly
06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
i would trust a UKC/staff line much less than a farmbred/gamebred dog

I happen to agree with you there.

then why purchase one?

Iowanian
06-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Congrats, what a beautiful animal. Pits are one of the most loyal and loving breeds around....until it bites the neighbor's toddler's face off
cheers

my very first "fyp" post.

Lzen
06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Congrats, what a beautiful animal. Pits are one of the most loyal and loving breeds around. Just make sure and put in the time with her. It happens to be my breed of choice also.

cheers

Ummm.....weren't you just bagging on some pits the other day? Now I'm confused.

Edit: I thought something seemed odd. So which is it, COchief? Or do you suffer from schizophrenia?

From the pit pups for sale thread:

See, we are a little more progressive here in Denver, our stance on meathead worthless dogs like pits is "catch em and kill em". Maybe someday you dumbshits in Ohio will catch up, although I doubt it.

Simply Red
06-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Ummm.....weren't you just bagging on some pits the other day? Now I'm confused.

Edit: I thought something seemed odd. So which is it, COchief? Or do you suffer from schizophrenia?

From the pit pups for sale thread:
ROFL

I was wondering that very same thing. I was also wondering is that really your neck COchief?

COchief
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
ROFL

I was wondering that very same thing. I was also wondering is that really your neck COchief?

I was just kidding in that other thread, I have three pits myself. Yeah, is there something wrong with my neck or something???

El Jefe
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
then why purchase one?

I misread what you wrote, and I didnt really read the question in its fullness.

Iowanian
06-12-2007, 10:41 AM
whew.....his typing fingers are still intact.

Donger
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM

One can type with stumps. Not very well, mind you.

Simply Red
06-12-2007, 10:51 AM
ROFL

Simply Red
06-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I was just kidding in that other thread, I have three pits myself. Yeah, is there something wrong with my neck or something???
Don't I feel like the asshole.

Lzen
06-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Don't I feel like the asshole.

Eh, I gave him a hard time, too. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well through the interweb. ;)

Carlota69
06-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Here she is

Fuking cute is what she is!

Simply Red
06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Eh, I gave him a hard time, too. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well through the interweb. ;)

yep yep

El Jefe
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM

She is a Blue Nose American Pit Bull Terrier, she is 100% game breed, her lineage as stated on here is very impressive. She comes from 20 UKC Champions, and I cant remember what the breeder said something like "6 Gold Knuckles winner" (i could be way off). I know she is a descendant of Southern Comforts "Mighty Mouse", which is quite impressive in the Pit world.

MOhillbilly
06-13-2007, 07:38 AM

She is a Blue Nose American Pit Bull Terrier, she is 100% game breed, her lineage as stated on here is very impressive. She comes from 20 UKC Champions, and I cant remember what the breeder said something like "6 Gold Knuckles winner" (i could be way off). I know she is a descendant of Southern Comforts "Mighty Mouse", which is quite impressive in the Pit world.

having owned some truely gamedogs, your dog IS NOT GAMEBRED OR A GAMEDOG!

a HUGE majority of UKC dogs havent been 'gamebred' since the 30s'and are considered by most affecianados a distant cousin of gamebred pitbulldogs.
NO SUCH THING AS BLUE NOSE.
black, red and butterfly/dudley nose.
PR or purple ribbon doesnt mean a dog has won shit only that its ped has been traced(registered with) back 3 gens by the UKC.

I have a PR treeing walker whos mom has never won shit....just because you breed the balls of a dog and hype it up doesnt mean its worth anymore than the dog you get from a rescue.

Buy Dick Strattons books. they are a good starter refrence for the KNOOB.

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 11:25 AM
If you read my post, my dogs bloodline is full of gamebred dogs, she is 100% gamebred, I have the entire family tree at home. Her father was a gamebred dog specifically used for hunting, so dont telll me that my dog isnt gamebred when you have no idea who I bought it from and how they have breed THEIR dogs. Im not saying I know everything about Pits but I probably know as much about this dogs bloodline as you would one of your dogs. BTW Blue Nose refers to the bloodline I am a so called n00b when it come to Pits and even I know that. I dont know about your dogs, but I have dealt and showed many dogs and won a lot of things. I know how to read and research bloodlines, so you saying she isnt gamebred just shows that your going down an ally that you dont have any clue what your talking about.

Chief Chief
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
mastiff

Delano
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
mastiff

Actually.. it's a pitbull.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
If you read my post, my dogs bloodline is full of gamebred dogs, she is 100% gamebred, I have the entire family tree at home. Her father was a gamebred dog specifically used for hunting, so dont telll me that my dog isnt gamebred when you have no idea who I bought it from and how they have breed THEIR dogs. Im not saying I know everything about Pits but I probably know as much about this dogs bloodline as you would one of your dogs. BTW Blue Nose refers to the bloodline I am a so called n00b when it come to Pits and even I know that. I dont know about your dogs, but I have dealt and showed many dogs and won a lot of things. I know how to read and research bloodlines, so you saying she isnt gamebred just shows that your going down an ally that you dont have any clue what your talking about.

You are absolutely arguing with the wrong guy dude. You don't know even know what "game" is. I hope you enjoy your dog but let debating this subject go.

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
mastiff

?

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 11:38 AM
You are absolutely arguing with the wrong guy dude. You don't know even know what "game" is. I hope you enjoy your dog but let debating this subject go.

Im not trying to argue he made a comment that is backed up by nothing more than him thinking I am not smart enough to know what I am talking about. I agree I am new to the Pit world, and I dont doubt for a second that he knows more than I do about them. But he doesnt know more about this dog or its heredity than me. I am not gonna argue with him
because I know he knows more about the "BREED" than I do. I showed AKC dogs for 10+ years and this has been recent so I know how to research a bloodline and family tree because thats what you do when you breed your own dogs. So dont tell me you know my dogs bloodline when you dont.

MOhillbilly
06-13-2007, 11:45 AM

A- you dont know what gamebred means.
B- Ive owned and showed hundreds of ADBA reg. gamebred dogs all over the midwest.having owned many many many bloodlines of gamebred bulldogs and conversed for years w/ everytype of dogman id say i know wtf im talking about.
having said that ive NEVER heard of BLUENOSE as a gamebred line.lol

C-unless your UKC dog is ultra heavy old old old school blood up close its a staff. All fanciers that arent new to the game understand this.

come correct when you try to talk down to me. i dont know it all but dogs are my hobby & my passion. esp. Bulldogs.

whats the first three gens. of your pups ped?
registered name of the dog and bitch?

MOhillbilly
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
AKC dogs for 10+ years and this has been recent so I know how to research a bloodline and family tree because thats what you do when you breed your own dogs. So dont tell me you know my dogs bloodline when you dont.

lol

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 12:09 PM
A- you dont know what gamebred means.
B- Ive owned and showed hundreds of ADBA reg. gamebred dogs all over the midwest.having owned many many many bloodlines of gamebred bulldogs and conversed for years w/ everytype of dogman id say i know wtf im talking about.
having said that ive NEVER heard of BLUENOSE as a gamebred line.lol

C-unless your UKC dog is ultra heavy old old old school blood up close its a staff. All fanciers that arent new to the game understand this.

come correct when you try to talk down to me. i dont know it all but dogs are my hobby & my passion. esp. Bulldogs.

whats the first three gens. of your pups ped?
registered name of the dog and bitch?

You are getting things misconstrued, I never said you dont know anything, and I never said I new a fraction of what you know. I said I know more about this dogsbloodline than you do. I didnt try to challenege your knowledge I simply stated in the bloodline I know what im talking about thats all. Im done anyway because I wasnt trying to start an argument about stuff Im not involved in.

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Gamebred to me means this. The unwillingness to give up even under the most difficult circumstance even willing to risk death/injury. No that isnt what BD told me either.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Gameness is what it is, there isn't really an opinion to it. And no I don't really want to go down this road.

Personally I feel I know quite a bit about this subject and have still found MO to have a ton of useful information on the breed.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
BTW, this is my new mill

Iowanian
06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Did your treadmill come from a Vick Estate auction?

I was thinking about getting one of those treadmills, so my kids could practice on it, and know how fast they'd have to run to get away from a man eater. *

*I keed.

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Personally I feel I know quite a bit about this subject and have still found MO to have a ton of useful information on the breed.

Exactly my point I dont care that much to argue about it. Just stating my opinion thats all.

Bill Lundberg
06-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Exactly my point I dont care that much to argue about it. Just stating my opinion thats all.

Someone needs to teach you how to use the Quote button at the bottom right side of the post... Just a tip but it will make your posts much easier to follow.

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Someone needs to teach you how to use the Quote button at the bottom right side of the post... Just a tip but it will make your posts much easier to follow.

Oh ok never new how or tried to use it, thanks for the tip. :toast:

MOhillbilly
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
BTW, this is my new mill

redriver curly knockoff?

MOhillbilly
06-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Gamebred to me means this. The unwillingness to give up even under the most difficult circumstance even willing to risk death/injury. No that isnt what BD told me either.

gambred means dog/s that are bred from stock that has proven itself in canine combat.

period.

gameness is a willingness to take ones death in combat.

gotti/gator/bluenose/ukc with a few exceptions(less than 1%) are none of the above.

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Interesting I have heard a lot of conflicting stories on gameness.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 02:25 PM
redriver curly knockoff?

Got me. Most of the guys out here get em from this guy out of Sac. Guy has a killer friggen pad with his own pond with bass in it. Biggest HD Plasma I have ever seen too like 72". Had Nascar on. Nice guy. Mill is guaranteed forever. Super quite. Taz loves it. I need to move the wires closer to the middle though. Thing is a piece of art, I love it.

MOhillbilly
06-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Interesting I have heard a lot of conflicting stories on gameness.

thats it, by the laws laid down by the oldtimers. everything else is untested or a cur.
dont confuse game W/ gamebred though.

MOhillbilly
06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Got me. Most of the guys out here get em from this guy out of Sac. Guy has a killer friggen pad with his own pond with bass in it. Biggest HD Plasma I have ever seen too like 72". Had Nascar on. Nice guy. Mill is guaranteed forever. Super quite. Taz loves it. I need to move the wires closer to the middle though. Thing is a piece of art, I love it.

how much? free spinning? how much you been working taz?

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
how much? free spinning? how much you been working taz?

I just got it. Had a hard time getting Taz out as much with the kid and all. Yes it's free spinning. $1,500. $500 down and a grand when you pick it up. He likes showing off when people come over.

El Jefe
06-13-2007, 03:37 PM
MOhillbilly and Big_Daddy, if you dont mind I would like to run a few questions by you then. First my dogs father and his father and so on, were all used in Louisiana to hunt boars, so then why would he not be considered gamebred also? 2nd I already asked you this BD but I will ask anybody else, its just kind of fun to test the waters. What kind of food do you feed your pits the breeder I bought my pup from says National is the best its 34% protein and you dont have to spend time boiling or cooking and draining turkey to put in it. Also my dogs mom at 1 year weighs 60 pounds and her dad at 3 years weighs 80lbs how big you think my puppy should get to. I have researched those treadmills, do you think its necessary seeing as im not gonna be pulling with mine or showing her that much to start off with.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
MOhillbilly and Big_Daddy, if you dont mind I would like to run a few questions by you then. First my dogs father and his father and so on, were all used in Louisiana to hunt boars, so then why would he not be considered gamebred also? 2nd I already asked you this BD but I will ask anybody else, its just kind of fun to test the waters. What kind of food do you feed your pits the breeder I bought my pup from says National is the best its 34% protein and you dont have to spend time boiling or cooking and draining turkey to put in it. Also my dogs mom at 1 year weighs 60 pounds and her dad at 3 years weighs 80lbs how big you think my puppy should get to. I have researched those treadmills, do you think its necessary seeing as im not gonna be pulling with mine or showing her that much to start off with.

I told you what I use. The only reason I got the mill was because I am having less and less time and dog needs to be worked.

MO has some bad ass boar footage BTW. Got that link still MO?

Immaculate
06-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm just churious why you would care if your dog's bloodline has proven itself in combat?

What the **** does that have to do with chosing a pet?

Immaculate
06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Also anyone suggest a site to get a harness for pulling a sled?

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm just churious why you would care if your dog's bloodline has proven itself in combat?

What the **** does that have to do with chosing a pet?

Game dogs are fought with 3 people in the pit and any human aggressive behavior is usually snuffed out. The general belief is that you have a dog that is less likely to be a man biter if it was game raised.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Also anyone suggest a site to get a harness for pulling a sled?

I'd like to know that too. Wish we had a club here.

Immaculate
06-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I made a pretty nice sled myself. Just some sheet metal, and some steel tubing, and a welder. (I do ALOT of work on cars so it was nothing)

I've got everything all setup, but now I need a harness.

bkkcoh
06-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Ok, so I realize this is outdated, but it is still funny and those of us who have had puppies can relate......

1. Remove film from box and load camera.

2. Remove film box from puppy's mouth and throw in trash.

3. Remove puppy from trash and brush coffee grounds from
muzzle.

4. Choose a suitable background for photo.

5. Mount camera on tripod and focus.

6. Find puppy and take dirty sock from mouth.

7. Place puppy in pre-focused spot and return to camera.

8. Forget about spot and crawl after puppy on knees.

9. Focus with one hand and fend off puppy with other hand.

10. Get tissue and clean nose print from lens.

11. Take flash cube from puppy's mouth and throw in trash.

12. Put cat outside and put peroxide on the scratch on
puppy's nose.

13. Put magazines back on coffee table.

14. Try to get puppy's attention by squeaking toy over your
head.

15. Replace your glasses and check camera for damage.

16. Jump up in time to grab puppy by scruff of neck and say,
"No, outside! No, outside!"

17. Clean up mess.

18. Fix a drink.

19. Sit back in Lazy Boy with drink and resolve to teach
puppy "sit" and "stay" the first thing in the morning.

MOhillbilly
06-14-2007, 07:02 AM
your breeder is talking about preydrive. ive hunted bulldogs and if they quit on game theyre curs. many many many so called 'game' dogs are in reality high preydrive untested curdogs.

32% is to high for a daily feed. it will burn a dog/puppy up. preydrive is what you breeder was talking about.
alot of those breeders keep there dogs FAAAAATTT. its better to see a tucked gut and a rib than to see 3 inches of fat. its hard on dogs to be that heavy.

if you want your dog to look fit, walk/run them everday. its good for yoo and better for your dog.
firm but fair.

MOhillbilly
06-14-2007, 07:03 AM
I made a pretty nice sled myself. Just some sheet metal, and some steel tubing, and a welder. (I do ALOT of work on cars so it was nothing)

I've got everything all setup, but now I need a harness.

the IWPA site probably has links.

MOhillbilly
06-14-2007, 07:05 AM
I'd like to know that too. Wish we had a club here.
golden state?
weight pull is a reason so many dogmen have left the adba.

you seen the adba website lately? ralph greenwood must be rolling in his grave.

MOhillbilly
06-14-2007, 07:08 AM
I just got it. Had a hard time getting Taz out as much with the kid and all. Yes it's free spinning. $1,500. $500 down and a grand when you pick it up. He likes showing off when people come over.

flirtpole will burn the energy off him quick. 5 minutes is enough. its a goodtime aswell.

El Jefe
06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks a lot BD, and MO, even though I came off too brash I appreciate you looking past my over zealous attitude and giving me some great information.

El Jefe
06-14-2007, 02:04 PM
flirtpole will burn the energy off him quick. 5 minutes is enough. its a goodtime aswell.

What is that?

Bill Lundberg
06-14-2007, 02:16 PM
What is that?

Google is your friend

Flirt Pole (http://www.google.com/search?q=Flirt+Pole&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

El Jefe
06-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you Mr. Lundberg.

MOhillbilly
06-14-2007, 02:25 PM
What is that?
this video(sfw) will give you a good idea. theres sucks and they arent doint it right. i like mine on a 6-7 foot old fishing rod,piece of cord,and sock,coontail.
flip it back and forth(flirt) in front of the dog. Make sure not to let the dog get it or have its feet leave the ground.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQPwgvtM2lo

builds fast twitch muscle. short bursts. nomore than 5 minutes for adult dogs,short bursts for young dogs. a good walk for a cool down after.

Springpole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhulDLgt0r0

i dont do ANY type play where a dog associates hands w/ a bite reflex. no tugging on the socks rope ect.
springpole is a good way to get around this. bulldogs love it.

dont start dogs on heavy springpole action till theyre milk teeth are out and dont let them hang on a springpole all fours off the ground till theyre 2 years.(lose a hanger if you do)

if you dogs/pups toung starts to roll up on the tip hes about done or close.

El Jefe
06-14-2007, 02:33 PM
MO another question for you, are you a breeder, enthusiast, hunter, or what do you have to do with pits and what got you started with this breed?

MOhillbilly
06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
carpet mill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUanUepxB7Q

slat mill (BD notice the brand, same kind i had)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXkxcJG_Kig

MOhillbilly
06-14-2007, 02:44 PM
MO another question for you, are you a breeder, enthusiast, hunter, or what do you have to do with pits and what got you started with this breed?

i like it all. i bought a dog and it just took off.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2007, 02:59 PM
golden state?
weight pull is a reason so many dogmen have left the adba.

you seen the adba website lately? ralph greenwood must be rolling in his grave.

Nah, I'll check it out.

Bill Lundberg
06-14-2007, 03:26 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jY5bVRkGyp4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jY5bVRkGyp4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Delano
06-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Vicious Pitbull Attack.
That mini Schnauzer held it's own almost as well as a border collie could.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
That mini Schnauzer held it's own almost as well as a border collie could.
ROFL

El Jefe
06-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok MO or BD you guys got any interesting pit stories or funny experiences you have had.