Ray Mickens/UFA
Willie Williams/UFA
Terry Fair/UFA
Ray Walls/UFA
Willie Middlebrooks (S)/UFA
Dewayne Washington/UFA
Jimmy Williams/UFA
Robert Tate/UFA

Let's bring Sammy Knight back for depth. ;)

pikesome
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I heard Sammy Knight's not bad, gotten a bit slow though.

Adept Havelock
06-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Sammy Knight? Why not just bring back Cris Dishman or Ray Crockett?

pikesome
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM

I should have put a :p at the end. :)

Deberg_1990
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Id take back Deron Cherry or Lloyd Burress before id take Sammy Knight back.

CoMoChief
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Or hell why not Shaunard Harts?

CoMoChief
06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
still to this day I remember watching Harts bobble a ball that was deflected right to him, the ball seemed like it was going in slow motion. Harts didn't catch it, he let it hit him in the facemask and fall to the ground for an incomplete pass which a 4th grader would have INT'd that ball.

Easy 6
06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Sheeesh, half of the guys on either list are longstanding AARP members.

DeWayne Washington, Robert Tate, Poole, Mickens, Knight, Willie freakin' Williams!!!, Griffith.

Denard Walker was supposed to be pretty good at one point, but its mostly a whole bunch of not much & has been geezers, we'll be better off coaching up what we have if this is the pickings.

Toad
06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
We just signed Jerome Woods. Of course, it was just to have him retire as a Chief...

DaKCMan AP
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Wouldn't mind bringing Ahmad Carroll, Chris Cash, and of course Gus Scott :D, to camp

CoMoChief
06-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Id bring in Carroll. Thats about it though. The depth that we have at the CB position is just awful.

pikesome
06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Id bring in Carroll. Thats about it though. The depth that we have at the CB position is just awful.

At least we didn't let our need for CBs force us to do something stupid. Signing overpriced FAs can be worse than having crap for CBs in the first place. Especially old, over the hill FAs.

ChiefFan31
06-11-2007, 08:18 PM

If we wanted him, he would already be with us.

I do agree about him being about the only guy I would want a look at. We got youth at S and age at CB

Easy 6
06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
At least we didn't let our need for CBs force us to do something stupid. Signing overpriced FAs can be worse than having crap for CBs in the first place. Especially old, over the hill FAs.

Exactly, though i think Carl & Herm might still pick up a guy if one they really like becomes available. If not, atleast we have some young guys who's fast-twitch muscle fibers havent yet turned to petrified wood.

Reerun_KC
06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Exactly, though i think Carl & Herm might still pick up a guy if one they really like becomes available. If not, atleast we have some young guys who's fast-twitch muscle fibers havent yet turned to petrified wood.

True, this year we have to play our youth and see where we are at for the next years draft....

I hope that with Herm at the helm we will stop recycling crap UFA's through Arrowhead because they were once proven...

Herm isnt biting on making Arrowhead a rest home for aging crap...

:bravo: Herm!

Easy 6
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
True, this year we have to play our youth and see where we are at for the next years draft....

I hope that with Herm at the helm we will stop recycling crap UFA's through Arrowhead because they were once proven...

Herm isnt biting on making Arrowhead a rest home for aging crap...

:bravo: Herm!

SEE!!!...its not so hard to look at the positives, is it???

Reerun_KC
06-11-2007, 08:37 PM
SEE!!!...its not so hard to look at the positives, is it???

ROFL... I still dont like Herm on game days, but what he has done with this team this offseason is nothing short of a miracle....

I dont care what the record is at the end of the season. We are getting younger, stronger and building for the future... First time I can remember not watching some washed up over the hill QB behind center...

reminds me of DV's first year... didnt know what expect, every game was a thriller...

Easy 6
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
ROFL... I still dont like Herm on game days, but what he has done with this team this offseason is nothing short of a miracle....

I dont care what the record is at the end of the season. We are getting younger, stronger and building for the future... First time I can remember not watching some washed up over the hill QB behind center...

reminds me of DV's first year... didnt know what expect, every game was a thriller...

I dont like a LOT of Herms O plans last year, but even the most famous coaches have had hard luck when taking over a new team & changing its overall mindset. Not to mention he inherited an aging to Shady Acres team & Roafs retirement.

Herm juggled all of that, yet he & Solari STILL got us to the playoffs, by hook or by crook. With a backup QB for the heart of the season no less.

Herms had a year to install his plan, the 2 drafts have been OUTstanding & Solari should be much more comfortable this year.

Theres still room on the wagon Rerun... :D

Reerun_KC
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I dont like a LOT of Herms O plans last year, but even the most famous coaches have had hard luck when taking over a new team & changing its overall mindset. Not to mention he inherited an aging to Shady Acres team & Roafs retirement.

Herm juggled all of that & he & Solari STILL got us to the playoffs, by hook or by crook. With a backup QB for the heart of the season no less.

Herms had a year to install his plan, the 2 drafts have been OUTstanding & Solari should be much more comfortable this year.

Theres still room on the wagon Rerun... :D

I havent liked Herm O plans, design, or implementation on gameday since he first became a headcoach...

They did get us to the playoffs (by one of the biggest Miracles, since the Messiah rose on the 3rd day) so no arguement here...

Lastly, Is there beer on the wagon?

RealSNR
06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Sheeesh, half of the guys on either list are longstanding AARP members.

DeWayne Washington, Robert Tate, Poole, Mickens, Knight, Willie freakin' Williams!!!, Griffith.

Denard Walker was supposed to be pretty good at one point, but its mostly a whole bunch of not much & has been geezers, we'll be better off coaching up what we have if this is the pickings.Dewayne Washington was playing like a beast for us when we had him in Vermeil's last year. Some games he looked way better than Surtain, even. I knew his contract was up for only a season, but geez, I wish we could've had him another year.

Oh well. He's been out of the game for long enough that he'd probably suck a lot.

Reerun_KC
06-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Dewayne Washington was playing like a beast for us when we had him in Vermeil's last year. Some games he looked way better than Surtain, even. I knew his contract was up for only a season, but geez, I wish we could've had him another year.

Oh well. He's been out of the game for long enough that he'd probably suck a lot.

Only thing SNR is those guys have no where to grow and they arent going to get any better... They are out there for a reason.. At least when a rookie or 2nd year player makes a mistake, you have time to correct it... When these guys make a mistake, there is nothing to correct, they are set in their ways and cant be taught how to get better... They are old, they wont get better.. So we are going to play young and build through experience...

Easy 6
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Dewayne Washington was playing like a beast for us when we had him in Vermeil's last year. Some games he looked way better than Surtain, even. I knew his contract was up for only a season, but geez, I wish we could've had him another year.

I honestly dont remember Washingtons play here that way, i thought he didnt get embarrased, but looked creaky. At this point, i'd rather have some speedy kid that needs intensive coaching, than a last legs vet.

I understand the value of a savvy vet like you, but for a guy like Washington his knowledge cant compensate for the age & wear at this point.

Logical
06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Man those are some crappy cornerbacks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
All we can do is hope that a guy like Maxey or Phinisee develops.

RealSNR
06-11-2007, 11:57 PM
All we can do is hope that a guy like Maxey or Phinisee develops.From what I've seen out of Maxey, it's sure as hell not him.

TRR
06-12-2007, 12:50 AM
I think Carroll would be a good addition as well. All I know is that we only have Benny Sapp behind Law and Surtain. I know Lenny Walls didn't have a great season last year, but he is young and has size. I am still suprised KC didn't re-sign him.

Chief Roundup
06-12-2007, 03:44 AM
The only guys on that list is Carroll and Washington. Either way it would probably only be an injury signing if we signed anyone off of the list.

htismaqe
06-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Ahmad Carroll would be a good, young pickup if it weren't for this:

On May 5, 2007, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Carroll, 23, was released on bond after attending court at 9 a.m. He is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a pistol without a license, possession of MDMA (ecstasy), and possession of a firearm during the commitment of a felony. As a result of this incident, on May 7, 2007 the Jacksonville Jaguars waived Carroll. [1] Carroll could potentially file a grievance against the team, as NFL teams are not allowed to part ways with a player for legal troubles.

Futhermore, we don't NEED any free agent DB's.

Chiefnj
06-12-2007, 07:15 AM
The only name that I find interesting is Ernest Shazor. He was a semi respected safety prospect 2 years ago coming out of Michigan. I have no idea what happened to him once he was drafted.