Two chickens in every pot, I tell ya...

where are the chickens?

the Talking Can
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
scary

the Talking Can
06-12-2007, 10:10 AM
ROFL

What is scary is the Democrats message of more taxes, govt run health care, and pre 9/11 views on terrorsim.

wow, you speak in campaign slogans...I'm impressed and convinced, I'm voting for Rudy now...you argument was powerful, well done

patteeu
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a good set of commitments to me. Guiliani is still in the running for my vote unlike every democrat in the race.

Mr. Kotter
06-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Two chickens in every pot, I tell ya...

where are the chickens?

That's a question you could ask every single candidate at this point, eh? :)

HolmeZz
06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Judging by his failed marriages, he'll probably break every one of these commitments

oldandslow
06-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Sounds like a good set of commitments to me. Guiliani is still in the running for my vote unlike every democrat in the race.

Patteeu voting Republican????? I would never have guessed!

patteeu
06-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Judging by his failed marriages, he'll probably break every one of these commitments.

Rudy must have a lot going for him if his critics have to resort to attacking his marital history. You weren't a John Kerry supporter in '04 by any chance were you?

HolmeZz
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Rudy must have a lot going for him if his critics have to resort to attacking his marital history. You weren't a John Kerry supporter in '04 by any chance were you?

Perhaps you don't see the irony in a politician promising a set of 'commitments' when he's gone through two marriages.

unlurking
06-12-2007, 11:36 AM
The Twelve Commitments:

1. I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists’ War on Us.
You mean continuing the war in Iraq since it is not discussed here?

2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.
Would love to see the first two, but don't believe it. The last one is just BS propaganda.

3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.
Would love to see it, does he have a good track record here?

4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.
More propaganda. What TYPE of reform?

5. I will impose accountability on Washington.
Good, would like to see his plans on this.

6. I will lead America towards energy independence.
Again, HOW?! This is one of the most important concerns for me, and I'm not looking for more of Bush's lip service.

7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.
Good. Again, how about laying out some plans?

8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.
Propaganda aimed at the religious right I'm guessing. I don't really care.

9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.
Reform HOW?!?! This is a very SCARY thought if you ask me. If he means simply working towards "cleaning up" current legal aspects and streamlining processes, good. This scares me however with all of the left and right screaming about activist judges.

10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
I'm seeing those B&W cold war movies of children under their desks. Sounds like more propaganda regarding 9/11 and Katrina.

11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
I would be very supportive of a voucher program or other method for instilling competition in schools.

12. I will expand America’s involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.
I don't care about the rest of the world. I care about us.

patteeu
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Perhaps you don't see the irony in a politician promising a set of 'commitments' when he's gone through two marriages.

I think you can find similar irony in the background of almost any politician so I'm not overly impressed. Specifically regarding divorce, were you pointing this out about John Kerry, in '04, or is this a strictly partisan observation?

HolmeZz
06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I think you can find similar irony in the background of almost any politician so I'm not overly impressed. Specifically regarding divorce, were you pointing this out about John Kerry, in '04, or is this a strictly partisan observation?

It's an observation of the language Rudy chose to use.

I don't personally care how many times someone get married, though I find it incredibly hypocritical when they want to talk about it's sanctity.

Pitt Gorilla
06-12-2007, 12:10 PM
How will he, specifically, increase adoptions and decrease abortions?

unlurking
06-12-2007, 12:17 PM
How will he, specifically, increase adoptions and decrease abortions?
Apparently he has "a very extensive record of some of the items when he was mayor of New York like tax cutting and adoptions going up", so we need to "do the research".

Regardless of "past performance", my lender wants a business plan before he "votes" to approve a loan on my new ventures. Maybe next time I'll just tell him to "do the research".

Personally, I'd like to see "written debates" from the candidates. Each one is asked a few questions that they need to respond to. Set up a maximum size for responses, then publish them all at once.

Cochise
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Haven't seen you around lately recxjake. How do you feel about a guy who isn't even in the race polling right there with your guy?

noa
06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
A whole lot of vague, empty promises. Anyone who swallows that B.S. line about identifying every non-citizen in America is way to naive to understand reality. He might as well promise to end all crime in America too.

Cochise
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
A whole lot of vague, empty promises. Anyone who swallows that B.S. line about identifying every non-citizen in America is way to naive to understand reality. He might as well promise to end all crime in America too.

All I want on immigration is someone who will commit to closing the border, for real this time, and deporting illegals who break the law.

Hell, if someone would campaign saying they will do that they'd probably win.

noa
06-12-2007, 12:39 PM
All I want on immigration is someone who will commit to closing the border, for real this time, and deporting illegals who break the law.

Hell, if someone would campaign saying they will do that they'd probably win.

Yeah, there's no need to make ridiculous promises like Giuliani does here. Its almost insulting.

Baby Lee
06-12-2007, 01:14 PM
[Not an noa specific query]

I'm confused, are we wanting a detailed policy platform or are we still ecstatic over a candidate who has 'it' today?

noa
06-12-2007, 01:32 PM

I'm confused, are we wanting a detailed policy platform or are we still ecstatic over a candidate who has 'it' today?

Personally, I think Giuliani can make whatever promises he wants. That's what all the candidates will do -- promise things they can't deliver. I was merely throwing caution to the wind for anyone who looks at this list and is encouraged because its clear his ego is writing checks his campaign can't cash.

Just like I won't start doing cartwheels when Obama promises to unite America and end all this partisan bickering...

Political promises should all be taken a brick of salt.

go bowe
06-12-2007, 01:51 PM

Hell, if someone would campaign saying they will do that they'd probably win.ooh ooh...

i win, i win, i win!!

i will commit to closing the border, and deporting illegals who break the law... (btw, legals who break the law are also deported, not just illegals)...

so i win i win i win!!! PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

noa
06-12-2007, 01:51 PM
So he should say what?

I'm fine with him saying what his priorities are.
I just don't think he should say that he's going to identify every non-citizen in America. Can't we at least all agree that this is a ridiculous promise?
If Hillary made the same promise, you guys would be all over her.

go bowe
06-12-2007, 02:00 PM

I'm confused, are we wanting a detailed policy platform or are we still ecstatic over a candidate who has 'it' today?ecstatic?

i'm only well pleased...

but my guy obama has "it"...

yep, a man named hussein might well be the president of the united states...

viva obama!

Pitt Gorilla
06-12-2007, 02:39 PM
In each of these, he says, "I will." He doesn't say, "I will try to" or "I plan to." That seems pretty stupid to me.

Adept Havelock
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I was merely throwing caution to the wind for anyone who looks at this list and is encouraged because its clear his ego is writing checks his campaign can't cash.

Yes, but does he get permission for Ghostrider to buzz the tower, or is the pattern still full?

Just like I won't start doing cartwheels when Obama promises to unite America and end all this partisan bickering...

Political promises should all be taken a brick of salt.

Nah...at least salt actually has a little value. :p

BucEyedPea
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Yep! I'm convinced now. Rudy has a Moses Complex!
The Twelve Commitments? Holy Moses....that's all I can say!

Only he doesn't tell you in this about his national ID card.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM

Yes, there's nothing better than a clearly outlined (ROFL), and ridiculously reductive policy platform.

From the song writing duo who brought you such hits as:

We're fight 'em over there
It's Hard Work
Cut and Run won't get no love
Stay the Course with me baby

Comes Rudy's 12 commitments.

"Soulful, Idiot Jazz" exclaims the National Review
"So insultingly simplistic, the defenders of the Iraq War will comprehend it." raves the American Spectator.

Rudy's 12 Commitments.

He may divorce you, but he'll marry your ass too.

And he's no faggot.

Cochise
06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
It sure would be hilarious if Democrats kept trying to play the Rudy = Bush fiddle all through election season and he ended up winning. I might never stop laughing.

mlyonsd
06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Nothing about SS is unfortunate IMO.

Logical
06-13-2007, 12:39 AM
11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.

I bet bumf*ck West Virginia will be a top priority for him. This is such bullshit, it is not even worth stating.

Logical
06-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Freds in...www.imwithfred.com (http://www.imwithfred.com)

He has yet to face any heat... he has a record of lobbying and being a do nothing senator... and voted to keep clinton in office...

You keep link to that site that does not say he is entering the race. Can you not do better than that?

keg in kc
06-13-2007, 12:59 AM
I bet bumf*ck West Virginia will be a top priority for him. This is such bullshit, it is not even worth stating.Actually it would be bumf*ck Arizona, apparently the least smart (http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm) state in the union, just ahead of Nevada, Mississippi and (drumroll, please) California.

WV ranked 37.

Tangent aside, the humorous thing about the "12 committments" is that several of them would be in direct opposition to each other if he were to actually try to follow through on the list.

I guess he really does try to do the impossible.

Taco John
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
These 12 commitments lack any discernable substance without even a mention of what his plan for the number one issue in America right now: Iraq.

So far, Rudy has been a pretty empty suit when it comes to Iraq.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-13-2007, 03:48 PM
"The 9/11 Generation".

Jesus f*cking Christ. Neocons really will do anything to keep 9/11 on everyone's mind at all times.

Ugly Duck
06-13-2007, 08:29 PM
wow, you speak in campaign slogans...I'm impressed and convinced, I'm voting for Rudy now...you argument was powerful, well doneMe, too. I'm encouraging all my friends to vote for Rudy in the Republican primary. He's the best thing to come along for Dems in a long time!

Ugly Duck
06-13-2007, 08:32 PM
In each of these, he says, "I will." He doesn't say, "I will try to" or "I plan to." That seems pretty stupid to me.Oh, so you think he can't really "end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation?" Why would he say such a thing if he couldn't really do it?

recxjake
06-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Me, too. I'm encouraging all my friends to vote for Rudy in the Republican primary. He's the best thing to come along for Dems in a long time!

Same goes for Hillary...

HolmeZz
06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Same goes for Hillary...

That why she's beating Rudy in that new Wall Street poll?

I was wondering why you didn't post that, seeing how much you love polls.

Mr. Kotter
06-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Head to head polls don't matter right now.... Polls one day from eachother have Rudy up 10 to down 5.... The most important polls are state polls in Iowa and NH, S. Carolina, Florida and Nevada...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html
Prediction:

Rudy will NOT win Iowa or S.C.

He could win NH, and possibly FL, and NV.....and if he really stands ANY chance of winning the nomination, he will have to win at least two out of the three.

Romney will be breathing down his neck by then, and if Thompson gets in the race....Rudy will be toast before Valentines Day. Mark it down. :)

Pitt Gorilla
06-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Iowa does not like Rudy. I hope they don't like Clinton either.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Head to head polls don't matter right now.... Polls one day from eachother have Rudy up 10 to down 5.... The most important polls are state polls in Iowa and NH, S. Carolina, Florida and Nevada...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html

No polls matter right now.

HolmeZz
06-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Head to head polls don't matter right now....

Earlier in this SAME F*CKING TOPIC....

LA Times General Election Matchups

Giuliani - 49% (48)
Clinton - 39% (42)

McCain - 45% (50)
Clinton - 41% (36)

Romney - 43% (36)
Clinton - 41% (42)

Garcia Bronco
06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Honestly..I read the 12 headlines yesterday and thougt it was crap...but with more explaination I am warmer to these ideas. Some are no brainers, but a few were head scratchers.

Cochise
06-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Not going to win in Iowa, he probably isn't even going to campaign in Iowa. Thompson won't be in until later either. So someone is going to win Iowa, but it may be someone who doesn't win another primary.