PDA

View Full Version : TrINT's real reason for wanting to be in Miami...

Hootie
06-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Trent Green will make $6 million this season, with an extra $2.45 million available in incentives. He's scheduled to make $13.5 million if he sticks around for three years.
Wow. Green will be one of the higher paid quarterbacks in the league despite coming off a serious injury at age 37. The salary is a sign that Miami still sees Green as a top-shelf option, not a placeholder until John Beck is ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami's in for a big disappointment...

I mean, unless they can talk big Willie out of retirement.

Buehler445
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
We had some discussion about this in the Trent Green thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4018095#post4018095

jidar
06-12-2007, 10:56 AM
wow...

You know I can't figure out how they work over there. They wanted to basically steal him in trade as if he was worth nothing but then they offer him huge bucks? wtf?

I'd think if they were that serious they would have been more concerned about getting him into the organization to study and practice as soon as possible.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Peterson had to know the details of his contract. No mystery as to why he waited for a better deal now

jidar
06-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Peterson had to know the details of his contract. No mystery as to why he waited for a better deal now

You're probably right.

ROYC75
06-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Fish are stupid, don't you guys know this ?

ChiefsfaninPA
06-12-2007, 11:00 AM

This is exactly why I am glad Peterson held out like he did. On one hand they are telling us he isn't worth a 4 rounder, but in the other hand they are holding his 6 million dollar contract, which is a pretty high sum for a starting QB, so he must've had some value or they shouldn't have offered him that much scratch.

Mr. Laz
06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Miami is paying him like a starting QB ....... which is why we should of demanded compensation for such.

you can't tell me that Miami would pay him that much and still not think he had relative worth in trade.

StcChief
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Miami tried to Bone Carl.... Glad to see he didn't take the fish bait....

Hoping Green has a good year this year so we get 4th rounder.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
If one was bitter, one could say Green is all about the green

edit: & it would be hard to argue against that point

Sure-Oz
06-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Green stays healthy we get our 4th easy

ChiefsfaninPA
06-12-2007, 11:15 AM
If one was bitter, one could say Green is all about the green

edit: & it would be hard to argue against that point

I really don't even have a problem with that. He(Green) just should've never opened his concussed mouth and forced Miami to negotiate as long as they did. That is the only issue I have with Green in this situation. I honestly believe we were going in a different direction this year even without the injury from last year. Herm has pretty much shown he is going younger. The injury just have him the necessary ammo to defend his decision easier to the media and fans.

Eleazar
06-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Pootie is still sandy because he's got a long season ahead of him, typing weepy emails about Huard being on the bench again.

Easy 6
06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Green stays healthy we get our 4th easy

Man, i sure hope he does...but i honestly think he could go down there & look like crap or get injured, even if he is recovered.

With a rookie head coach installing a complicated new scheme & an O line thats mediocre at best, Trent could look as bad or worse than he did here at first.

I want to be wrong, but i've got a bad feeling...

Hootie
06-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Pootie is still sandy because he's got a long season ahead of him, typing weepy emails about Huard being on the bench again.
I won't care who's on the bench as long as we're winning...

Reerun_KC
06-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I won't care who's on the bench as long as we're winning...

Will believe it when we see it... By week 4 the Huard suck fest will be in full swing...

http://www.riehlworldview.com/photos/uncategorized/shocked.jpg

Reerun_KC
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Well at least they dont have Huard pissing down his leg's....

Easy 6
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Also, if the fins thought they might go after Trent, why in the world get rid of Randy McMichael...the guy who would have been Greens best comfort zone???

Everyone knows what a good receiving TE can do in this O, especially with Trent at QB.

Very, very dumb move IMO.

JBucc
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Also, if the fins thought they might go after Trent, why in the world get rid of Randy McMichael...the guy who would have been Greens best comfort zone???

Everyone knows what a good receiving TE can do in this O, especially with Trent at QB.

Was he a free agent or did they cut/trade him? I can't remember. Everyone's going gaga over the Pats O but I'll take the Rams. Bulger, Jackson, Holt, Bruce, Bennett, and McMichael. Damn.

Easy 6
06-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Was he a free agent or did they cut/trade him? I can't remember. Everyone's going gaga over the Pats O but I'll take the Rams. Bulger, Jackson, Holt, Bruce, Bennett, and McMichael. Damn.

I'm not sure either, but i'd sure as hell rather keep him than a guy like Marty Booker. Its easier to find a decent possession guy, than a playmaker TE.

Yeah, the Rams added yet another weapon to the arsenal. Bulgers got it all...he'll prolly have some insane 80% completions season.

Chieftain58
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
That is far too much money for him at this stage of the game

greg63
06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Trent Green will make $6 million this season, with an extra $2.45 million available in incentives. He's scheduled to make $13.5 million if he sticks around for three years.
Wow. Green will be one of the higher paid quarterbacks in the league despite coming off a serious injury at age 37. The salary is a sign that Miami still sees Green as a top-shelf option, not a placeholder until John Beck is ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Willie has been out a whole year; he's a mere shadow of his former self.

Sure-Oz
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Big Willie has been out a whole year; he's a mere shadow of his former self.
he needs to go old school, with his bi-focals back on

Frazod
06-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Is it really necessary to continue to piss all over Green? This isn't 2001, and that TrINT crap is way past old. Green was the best QB we ever had, and he led the best offense we ever had (and probably ever will have). There is no point in disrespecting him now. We got younger, he got paid, we got the pick.

SO GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON.

greg63
06-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Is it really necessary to continue to piss all over Green? This isn't 2001, and that TrINT crap is way past old. Green was the best QB we ever had, and he led the best offense we ever had (and probably ever will have). There is no point in disrespecting him now. We got younger, he got paid, we got the pick.

Agreed! :clap:

afchiefs
[QUOTE=Hootie]Trent Green will make $6 million this season, with an extra $2.45 million available in incentives.

Part of that 2.45 million is if they make the playoffs (not likely) but part is also based on if Green plays over 75% of the offense. Which means that if green wants his incentive he has to get us our 4 rd pick because it goes from a 5th to a 4th if he plays only 70% of the snaps.

greg63
he needs to go old school, with his bi-focals back on

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
Green is getting paid what a starting qb should get paid. Even at his age.

Reerun_KC
06-12-2007, 02:29 PM

:hail:

tommykat
06-12-2007, 04:42 PM

Excellent post frazod! I will not bash Trent nor have I. We had a good ride with the best o-line. As you said, probably will never see that again. But it was a good ride! Thanks Trent and his family.:clap:

keg in kc
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Yes, show due respect to Tr€nt Gr€€n.

FAX
06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
A heartfelt "Amen" to an intelligent comment laden with common sense and right thinking, Mr. frazod.

Were I not the alter ego of the "Mighty Lightning Ass", I'd rep you for that post.

FAX

Abba-Dabba
06-12-2007, 05:04 PM

He wasn't the best we ever had. Joe Montana playing with a walker is still a better QB IMO. Len Dawson was a better field general. I'd rate Green at the #3 spot in Chiefs history.

Boyceofsummer
06-12-2007, 05:11 PM
He wasn't the best we ever had. Joe Montana playing with a walker is still a better QB IMO. Len Dawson was a better field general. I'd rate Green at the #3 spot in Chiefs history.

is better than Green. Not many.

Chief Roundup
06-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Green was going to make more than that if he stayed here.

Hootie
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Well at least they dont have Huard pissing down his leg's....
pissing down his legs with a 99 QB rating? Pissing down his legs when he lead the team to a win against San Diego?

Hootie
06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Green was going to make more than that if he stayed here.
Green was never going to stay here...he was going to be traded or cut...thus, you are wrong.

Eleazar
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM

No kidding. A player could save your life 6 times and if they didn't retire as a Chief people here would be like "Ah, piss on 'em"

Eleazar
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM

I think you are working under some kind of a false assumption that Randy McMichael is an elite tight end.

Easy 6
06-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I think you are working under some kind of a false assumption that Randy McMichael is an elite tight end.

I wouldnt say elite, his numbers havent been huge, but its a crummy O...he's started all 16 games for his career though, has had some big time grabs & he's always been speedy for 6'3 240.

He's got more potential to break things open than a guy like Booker & would have immediately become Trents favorite target IMO.

I still say bad move.

htismaqe
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
pissing down his legs with a 99 QB rating? Pissing down his legs when he lead the team to a win against San Diego?

I was at that game. Huard tried his hardest to fumble away the win.

Hootie
06-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I was at that game. Huard tried his hardest to fumble away the win.
Sampson totally forgot to block his guy...don't know how you didn't see that, you know, being that you were at the game.

Abba-Dabba
06-13-2007, 05:07 AM
is better than Green. Not many.

Considering what the Chiefs have had for QB throughout the years it's not really that much of a compliment.

Bill Kenney, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Dave Kreig, Steve DeBerg, Cotton Davidson, Mike Livingston, and Steve Fuller. Not exactly screaming All-Pro there.

Oxford
06-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Excellent post frazod! I will not bash Trent nor have I. We had a good ride with the best o-line. As you said, probably will never see that again. But it was a good ride! Thanks Trent and his family.:clap:

I second that

CrazyHorse
06-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Hey! I know.....let's hate on Trent Green.

Dipshits.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 07:16 AM

Correct and he led the league in fumbles per attempts too....

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Sampson totally forgot to block his guy...don't know how you didn't see that, you know, being that you were at the game.

But when that was happening to Green it was his fault?

I think your chicken needs some rose colored glasses on to make your avatar complete!

OnTheWarpath15
06-13-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm not sure either, but i'd sure as hell rather keep him than a guy like Marty Booker. Its easier to find a decent possession guy, than a playmaker TE.

Yeah, the Rams added yet another weapon to the arsenal. Bulgers got it all...he'll prolly have some insane 80% completions season.

I hate the Rams, and hate to say this, but if the Rams could manage to field a decent defense, they'd be a scary team this year. Glad we don't play them in the regular season.....

Easy 6
06-13-2007, 08:11 AM
I hate the Rams, and hate to say this, but if the Rams could manage to field a decent defense, they'd be a scary team this year. Glad we don't play them in the regular season.....

Yep, they dont even have 1 weak link at the O skill positions...maybe the most accurate QB in the league, a top 5 LT, 2 All-World WR's, a very solid RB & now a playmaking TE.

If Lovie Smith was still running that D, they'd be a juggernaut.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Yep, they dont even have 1 weak link at the O skill positions...maybe the most accurate QB in the league, a top 5 LT, 2 All-World WR's, a very solid RB & now a playmaking TE.

Scott, dont forget how explosive their return game could possibly be?

Sometimes it is a change of scenery to unleash someones probowl talents again....

Brock
06-13-2007, 08:14 AM

That's still not a guy that I'll run down after he's gone. I lost some respect for him because of his whining, but when he was here he was a good guy.

Buehler445
06-13-2007, 08:15 AM

Is Pace still their LT?

Easy 6
06-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Scott, dont forget how explosive their return game could possibly be?

Sometimes it is a change of scenery to unleash someones probowl talents again....

IMO, he'll still pop one here & there, but his play the last few years had me thinking Dante peaked.

There were too many gaffes that couldnt be attributed just to poor blocking.

Maybe he stopped wearing that rubberband.

Easy 6
06-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Is Pace still their LT?

99% sure.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 08:51 AM
IMO, he'll still pop one here & there, but his play the last few years had me thinking Dante peaked.

There were too many gaffes that couldnt be attributed just to poor blocking.

Maybe he stopped wearing that rubberband.

Regardless, get Dante some blocking and he will be a factor agian... I promise you Devon Hestner would of been no where near as explosive with the shit we called special teams last year...

Yeah Hall has his faults, but the rest of the no block ass clowns are just as much to blame...

Now if Webb can make positive yards each time he touches the ball, well that is better than nothing....

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 08:52 AM
99% sure.
Well I am 1% not sure...

Abba-Dabba
06-13-2007, 05:01 PM
That's still not a guy that I'll run down after he's gone. I lost some respect for him because of his whining, but when he was here he was a good guy.

That's the funny thing, I'm not trying to run him down, contrary to what people want to believe. Just giving him his rightfull place without the fluffing.

FAX
06-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I thought this was interesting. I was looking up some records in a blurry fit of nostalgia for Trent's tenure with the Chiefs and ran across this ...

Most Consecutive Games, 300 or More Yards Passing:

Trent is tied for 4th all time with guys like Fouts, Montana, Moon, Bledsoe, and several others including Bill Kenney, of all people.

FAX

Chief Roundup
06-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Green was never going to stay here...he was going to be traded or cut...thus, you are wrong.
No I am not He was scheduled to make more here than down there with the fins.

The real and only reason Green left is he wanted wieghted competition but in his favor. He did not leave for money.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
No I am not He was scheduled to make more here than down there with the fins.

The real and only reason Green left is he wanted wieghted competition but in his favor. He did not leave for money.

Bingo, He is a Pro Bowl QB that preforms on a high level...

He wants to play, cant blame him....

Hootie
06-13-2007, 07:02 PM
But when that was happening to Green it was his fault?

I think your chicken needs some rose colored glasses on to make your avatar complete!
Green had 7 TD's, 9 INT's and a MUCH higher sack/per pass attempt ratio...

Huard had 11 TD's, 1 INT and wasn't sacked NEARLY as much as Green...

Jordan Black actually had a few "good" weeks when Huard was playing...not because he was doing well, but because Huard wasn't sitting back in the pocket trying to get Samie Parker open for 6 seconds...

Hootie
06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Bingo, He is a Pro Bowl QB that preforms on a high level...

He wants to play, cant blame him....
High level?! He can't even complete a three yard pass to the flats...

His arm is dead.

If he can sit in the pocket for 15 seconds he could be a GREAT QB...

Does anyone remember the fake draw, fake WR reverse, screen pass to Holmes we used to run?!

That took like 19 seconds to develop and no one ever got near Green...

You know, back when we had Willie, Waters, Weigs, Shields and Tait...

Green lost his 'pro bowl' skills right when Roaf retired. Roaf was our REAL MVP all of those years...not Holmes, not Green, not LJ...

FAX
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM
... Does anyone remember the fake draw, fake WR reverse, screen pass to Holmes we used to run?! ...

I do, Mr. Hootie. They had a version of that (fake draw, fake WR reverse, screen pass) that was an awesome play to watch. The reverse action drew the secondary away from the screen. Guaranteed 12 yards.

The thing about that was that half of the O-line was slipping off their blocks and getting in front of the screen. The trick was that the draw action held the rush.

FAX

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Green had 7 TD's, 9 INT's and a MUCH higher sack/per pass attempt ratio...

Huard had 11 TD's, 1 INT and wasn't sacked NEARLY as much as Green...

Jordan Black actually had a few "good" weeks when Huard was playing...not because he was doing well, but because Huard wasn't sitting back in the pocket trying to get Samie Parker open for 6 seconds...

Htismaqe posted once that Huard fumbled 9 times in 254 attempts. Which lead the league... I cant seem to find it, nor have the time...

I know you love Huard, but he isnt the answer for the future of this franchise, neither short or long term... Nor was Green....

Huard damn near killed Tony G in Miami....

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
High level?! He can't even complete a three yard pass to the flats...

His arm is dead.

If he can sit in the pocket for 15 seconds he could be a GREAT QB...

Does anyone remember the fake draw, fake WR reverse, screen pass to Holmes we used to run?!

That took like 19 seconds to develop and no one ever got near Green...

You know, back when we had Willie, Waters, Weigs, Shields and Tait...

Green lost his 'pro bowl' skills right when Roaf retired. Roaf was our REAL MVP all of those years...not Holmes, not Green, not LJ...

True we all know Big Willie was the cornerstone that made this offense tick....

but neither Huard or Trent is the answer for the Chiefs... Regardless of Huards stats vs the NFCW...

Hootie
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't think Huard is the answer for the Chiefs, either...

I think he's the answer for the first four weeks when the Chiefs face a BRUTAL schedule.

The schedule is set up for us to fail...so if, and there's a good chance we do, we fail let's put it on Huard rather than Croyle and give the kid a chance with our "easy" portion of the schedule...

IT MAKES SENSE.

KCBOSS1
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Hootie is in for a big disappointment because Trent's going to throw for 4000 yards this season.

KCBOSS1
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
woops

morphius
06-13-2007, 10:46 PM

I think he's the answer for the first four weeks when the Chiefs face a BRUTAL schedule.

The schedule is set up for us to fail...so if, and there's a good chance we do, we fail let's put it on Huard rather than Croyle and give the kid a chance with our "easy" portion of the schedule...

IT MAKES SENSE.
Yeah, because he did so well against good D's last year...

KCBOSS1
06-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Did anybody see the best play of the Mini Camp?.....oh yeah Trent deep to Kennison....dead arm? please. No time was always the problem for everybody, Green, Huard...everybody. It was the O-line. period.

Hammock Parties
06-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Hootie is in for a big disappointment because Trent's going to throw for 4000 yards this season.

I still think you're related to him.

KCBOSS1
06-13-2007, 11:10 PM
I still think you're related to him.

You're pretty sharp GoChiefs...Close. I am good friends with some of his family, (not immediate). You keep pressing me on it, so I'll tell you the truth. So there it is. But I've admitted to being biased in my arguments. But I still actually think that He may be the best performer at QB per game of any Chief ever.

Demonpenz
06-13-2007, 11:12 PM
was that play a real fake draw? I think it was a fake dive play. A fake draw play would take even longer you would have to fake that you were going to pass then fake the handoff to the rb then fake the handoff to WR the screen. I think it faking like a straight dive play.

KCBOSS1
06-13-2007, 11:14 PM
.....I was born a Chiefs fan and will die a Chiefs fan, but I'm definitely a Trent fan based even more on his off the field stuff than his on the field stuff.

I really never have actually met Trent.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2007, 11:18 PM

IT MAKES SENSE.

I have to agree with Morphius on this one Hootie, Huard didnt fair well agianst the better defenses, Miami/Pitt/Denver... Granted Denver was his first game and Herm was all hell bent of sexing up Mr Wiegmann....

If Croyle is going to be the guy, we have to take our lumps with him regardless of who we are playing.. Team has to learn to trust him and play for him... Playing Huard the first 4 games wont make a difference on the W/L column so why waste vaulable game experience for Croyle?