PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman's 2006 Party Chair Calls for Him to Resign Immediately.

jAZ
06-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Wow... I can't say I blame him for falling off the Lieberman bandwagon.

http://www.connpost.com/localnews/ci_6126214

Connecticut for Lieberman Party Chairman John Orman called Tuesday for Sen. Joe Lieberman to resign, saying his advocacy of a military strike against Iran could explode into a global conflict.

“He has crossed the line,” said Orman, a professor of politics at Fairfield University. “His unilateral warmongering could lead to a new World War III.”

During an appearance on “Face the Nation” on CBS Sunday, Lieberman said the United States should consider a military strike against Iran because of Tehran’s involvement in Iraq.[..]

Orman, a former Democrat, switched party affiliation and took over the Connecticut for Lieberman Party earlier this year. Lieberman created the party last August to run for re-election as an independent after losing the state’s Democratic primary to Ned Lamont of Greenwich. However, Lieberman never joined the new party and remains a registered Democrat.

Orman issued a news release Tuesday asking Lieberman to immediately resign and urging Connecticut Gov. M. Jodi Rell to appoint Susan Henshaw, secretary of the Connecticut for Lieberman Party, as his replacement.

ClevelandBronco
06-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Mr. Orman should relocate immediately.

What a mistake he made, eh?

patteeu
06-16-2007, 07:15 AM
A little late with his analysis I'd say. We're already in a world war and withdrawing from Iraq or refraining from attacking Iran won't stop it although I suppose complete capitulation to the islamists might. Maybe that's what he has in mind. :shrug:

Mr. Laz
06-16-2007, 07:38 AM
We're already in a world war

:spock:

Frankie
06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I didn't like Lieberman even when he was running with Gore. In the last few years this sentiment has gotten more and more support from tangible reasons than just my gut feeling.

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2007, 04:39 PM
I didn't like Lieberman even when he was running with Gore. In the last few years this sentiment has gotten more and more support from tangible reasons than just my gut feeling.
Nothing personal intended here, seriously....Frankie. However, aren't you an Iranian immigrant? Nearly any Arab American would surely have problems with Lieberman....on a number of levels. Heh. That isn't exactly, surprising....or very credible to many of us.

Oil and Water. Dogs and Cats. Rosie and Elizabeth. Etc.... LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
06-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Nothing personal intended here, seriously....Frankie. However, aren't you an Iranian immigrant? Nearly any Arab American would surely have problems with Lieberman....on a number of levels. Heh. That isn't exactly, surprising....or very credible to many of us.

Oil and Water. Dogs and Cats. Rosie and Elizabeth. Etc.... LMAOHis opinion isn't credible? What makes an opinion credible?

Taco John
06-16-2007, 04:50 PM
We're already in a world war...

No we're not.

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2007, 06:12 PM
His opinion isn't credible? What makes an opinion credible?
Okay, credible is relative. However, to me...listening to someone you know has an axe to grind (especially based on ethnic and religious differences)...isn't the same as listening to someone who, IMO, is probably going to be able to be a bit more objective. JMHO.

It's like some people who have a difficult time listening to teachers talk about education reform...because they consider us "too close" to the issue to be objective.

WilliamTheIrish
06-16-2007, 06:22 PM
If Frank-o is Iranian, that makes him Persian. Not Arab. Big difference.

Frankie
06-16-2007, 06:25 PM

One of my best friends in high school was jewish. Back in Tehran. No. It's not what you think.

Dave Lane
06-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I think his Jewish heritage is swaying his view of middle east politics. Or he's crazy take your pick.

Dave

go bowe
06-16-2007, 07:22 PM

Oil and Water. Dogs and Cats. Rosie and Elizabeth. Etc.... LMAObong bong bong...

dogs, cats, oil, water, rosie, and rosie...

for one thing, persians are not arabs...

BucEyedPea
06-16-2007, 07:24 PM
We're already in a world war...

No we're not. Quit reading Gingrich and other NeoCon literature.

...or refraining from attacking Iran won't stop it .
Suppose complete capitulation to the NeoCons and Kissinger might.( advising Cheney and Bush privately) Maybe that's what they have on their mind.
:shrug:

I think his Jewish heritage is swaying his view of middle east politics. Or he's crazy take your pick.

Never knew he was a Likudnik...but I guess he is. But most American and many Israeli Jews have been against this. Obviously, our elected officials no longer reflect the will of the American people.

Pitt Gorilla
06-16-2007, 07:43 PM
t's like some people who have a difficult time listening to teachers talk about education reform...because they consider us "too close" to the issue to be objective.No person can be objective.

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2007, 08:03 PM
If Frank-o is Iranian, that makes him Persian. Not Arab. Big difference.

...for one thing, persians are not arabs...

Yeah. Iranian attitudes and policies toward Israel and Jews....is HUGELY different, right? :)

jAZ
06-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Fixed Kotter's post:
Nothing personal intended here, seriously....Joe. However, aren't you a Jew? Nearly any Jewish American would surely have problems with Iran....on a number of levels. Heh. That isn't exactly, surprising....or very credible to many of us.

Not sure he'd see the irony on his own.

jAZ
06-16-2007, 08:46 PM
We're already in a world war.
I'm guessing you also tell people that illegal immigrants are "undocumented Americans" huh?

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Fixed Kotter's post:Nothing personal intended here, seriously....Joe. However, aren't you a Jew? Nearly any Jewish American would surely have problems with Iran....on a number of levels. Heh. That isn't exactly, surprising....or very credible to many of us.

Oil and Water. Dogs and Cats. Rosie and Elizabeth. Etc.... LMAONot sure he'd see the irony on his own.
Pretty clever. Dang. That's not bad. Maybe you aren't as dumb as I've figured, afterall.:hmmm:

Although, lest you consider that a compliment...it's not saying much. ;)

Direckshun
06-17-2007, 02:35 PM
No we're not.
Oh yes we are.

Vote Republican or suffer the wrath of the terrorist Hitlers.

patteeu
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm guessing you also tell people that illegal immigrants are "undocumented Americans" huh?

No, I don't. I assume this is a reference to something that I don't get.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 03:27 PM

Wow. :shake: