PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a candidate...

Logical
06-17-2007, 02:06 AM
who will stop the occupation in Iraq

Who will continue the war on terror (AQ)

Who will support a woman's right to choose

Who will work to balance the budget (raising taxes is acceptable)

Who will replace the income tax with a consumption tax

Who will do more than pay lip service to alternate fuel development

Who will quit wasting money on the Space Station and Manned space exploration

Who will step up and admit that evolution exists and stem cell research is not the evil spawn of the devils work.

Who will fund rework of the infrastructure of this country which is crumbling around us.

Who will restore the lost civil liberties and renounce torture

Who will push to ensure penalties for companies hiring illegal aliens are enforced.

Who will honestly admit an amnesty program is needed but that a person must have SS number and pay taxes for amnesty to be granted

Who will work to restore the trust and respect the rest of the world (most of them any way) holds for the US

Will support stengthening the Border Security Service to slow the flow of new illegal immigrants.

Is beholded first to the American people instead of corporate interests and lobbyists.

You know of anyone, do you have anything to add?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 07:55 AM
You are going to have to create a hierarchy of those needs rather than equating them all. Too many are diametrically opposed upon party lines for you to be able to find a candidate that will actually suit you.

Most of the stuff you are looking for is strict libertarian, but you also desire things like funding the infrastructure of the country in order to rebuild it, which requires that evil thing called "gubment".

Mr. Kotter
06-17-2007, 08:11 AM
You are going to have to create a hierarchy of those needs rather than equating them all. Too many are diametrically opposed upon party lines for you to be able to find a candidate that will actually suit you.

Most of the stuff you are looking for is strict libertarian, but you also desire things like funding the infrastructure of the country in order to rebuild it, which requires that evil thing called "gubment".Good answer. In other words, he ought to run. Cause ain't nobody like that coming down the pike, anytime soon.

The "gubment" ain't evil--it's just insidiously wasteful and inefficient. It also tends to ignore, reasonable regional differences and preferences for the proper role of bureaucracy (the People's Republic of Massachusetts & The Texas Republic....ought to be allowed to peacefully coexist, without DC folks trying to make us more homogeneous. There is a good reason many of us choose not to live in blue states. Vice-versa is true too, I know. Heh.)

Except for in a few, select areas, the Gubment tend to screw things up more than they help. If we identify an area where they can REALLY improve quality of life/standard of living for folks, fine (defense, civil rights laws enforced, Head Start, and maybe even Social Security--as long as we can tweak it, to ensure solvency)...as long as it's done in a cost effective way. Unfortunately, instead....inefficient and costly social engineering is too often their friggin' goal.

:D

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 08:24 AM
www.speakout.com/VoteMatch

Taco John
06-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Sounds like you ought to stop bashing ROn Paul and get on the bandwagon.

StcChief
06-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Ron Paul is about it.

a1na2
06-17-2007, 09:38 AM
It sounds like a new political party needs to be created.

It sounds like we need to put term limits on congress.

It sounds like we need to do quite a few things to match up with
the desires of the few.

The two dominant parties are not effective.

The splinter parties are too far off center for most Americans to buy in to.

There is no answer as there is no one party that can fulfill all of the needs of the few and placate the rest.

HolyHandgernade
06-17-2007, 10:54 AM

Who will step up and admit that evolution exists and stem cell research is not the evil spawn of the devils work.

Who will fund rework of the infrastructure of this country which is crumbling around us.

Who will push to ensure penalties for companies hiring illegal aliens are enforced.

Who will honestly admit an amnesty program is needed but that a person must have SS number and pay taxes for amnesty to be granted

Who will work to restore the trust and respect the rest of the world (most of them any way) holds for the US

Will support stengthening the Border Security Service to slow the flow of new illegal immigrants.

Is beholded first to the American people instead of corporate interests and lobbyists.

You know of anyone, do you have anything to add?

OK, I'll do it. Do you want to be my campaign manager?

-HH

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I would LOVE to see term limits on congress.

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I agree with most of what Logical posted. I am pro-life, and I could not possibly care less if the candidate is pro-choice or not. It does not affect my life. Also, torture. Yeah, I don't really care about that. Its ironic, though. You want to renounce torture, but say its 'OK' for someone to destroy a fetus. But, whatever...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I agree with most of what Logical posted. I am pro-life, and I could not possibly care less if the candidate is pro-choice or not. It does not affect my life. Also, torture. Yeah, I don't really care about that. Its ironic, though. You want to renounce torture, but say its 'OK' for someone to destroy a fetus. But, whatever...

ROFL ROFL

Adept Havelock
06-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Yes, but is it OK to torture a fetus if it has potential information about a WMD threat? :p

Direckshun
06-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Democrats or Ron Paul.

Who will continue the war on terror

Nearly all candidates but the fringe-y isolationists.

None of the candidates will overturn Roe v. Wade, but the Democrats would fight a Supreme Court decision that did, and they'd appoint justices that'd uphold it.

Likely not going to happen within the next decade.

Not sure you'll find a major candidate that'll do much here, but Giuliani's been the most outspoken about fixing Reagan's ridiculous tax code.

Bill Richardson, Bill Richardson, Bill Richardson. Guy has made a career off of it.

But no Republican candidate is very likely to do much here, IMO.

Space exploration is the future, only the fringe candidates would fight this.

The more liberal/moderate Republicans (Giuliani, McCain, Romney) and all of the Democrats have you covered, here. Although it's unlikely that any of the GOP candidates would fight for stem cell research, whereas the Dems would.

Except for the fringies, all of the candidates will try to do this. I'd trust only the most obviously capable candidates to actually succeed.

McCain, McCain, McCain. Even compared to the Democrats, he's denounced the crap out of that stuff. But the major Dem candidates would stand up for this, but no other GOP candidate would.

Republicans will try to stomp their foot down on this problem ASAP.

No candidate will say "amnesty," but all the Democrats are fairly supportive of similar ideas and GOPers tend to be much more hardlined. The sensible candidates in both parties might find a way to make this work. If Bush can come this close, a capable President definitely could nail the issue down.

The Democrats have been the only candidates to pay this issue major lip service. It's much more in the bloodlines of Dems to gain international favor than Republicans anyway, so DNP would be your best bet.

For the record, the most charismatic POTUS's tend to be the most well-liked by foreign leaders. So where Bill Clinton excelled, I'd expect DNP candidates like Hillary, Obama, Richardson, and Biden to excel.

All will try. None will succeed, except for maybe Obama or Richardson (wow, my preferences are obvious, aren't they), gentlemen who have actually said that the key to reducing illegal immigration is to help Mexico become a place worth staying.

You will get this with none of the candidates except a couple of the fringies.

I wish you luck. I favor most of the things you do, and I'll likely be supporting an Obama/Richardson ticket.

BucEyedPea
06-17-2007, 02:57 PM

Except for the fringies, all of the candidates will try to do this. I'd trust only the most obviously capable candidates to actually succeed.

Could you name a "fringie" who does not support Constitutional infrastructure spending?

It's not Ron Paul. Not if it's allowed in the Constitution anyway.
As for his feeling privatization more efficient with leaner costs and/or better quality that would still fall under "reworking" the infrastructure. He'd just do it differently.

Direckshun
06-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Could you name a "fringie" who does not support Constitutional infrastructure spending?

It's not Ron Paul. Not if it's allowed in the Constitution anyway.
As for his feeling privatization more efficient with leaner costs and/or better quality that would still fall under "reworking" the infrastructure. He'd just do it differently.
Ron Paul does a better job than most people talking up his support of the Constitution. But he's going to ignore just as much of it as Bush -- he's just going to do it in completely different places.

BucEyedPea
06-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Ron Paul does a better job than most people talking up his support of the Constitution. But he's going to ignore just as much of it as Bush -- he's just going to do it in completely different places.
That is pure opinion, actually conjecture not based on any facts.

What you really mean is he won't follow the your interpretation of the Constitution in part and the other part is sheer rubbish. He is not in Bush's camp at all.

Direckshun
06-17-2007, 03:17 PM
That is pure opinion, actually conjecture not based on any facts.

What you really mean is he won't follow the your interpretation of the Constitution.
Do you really want to play this stupid game, Professor?

BucEyedPea
06-17-2007, 03:21 PM
What game? Disagreeing on a BB?

I posted an honest response, that disagrees with your opinion which I presume to have been honest.

Logical
06-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Most of the stuff you are looking for is strict libertarian, but you also desire things like funding the infrastructure of the country in order to rebuild it, which requires that evil thing called "gubment".

I created this thread to give some on this BB a better understanding of where I lie on the political spectrum. Seems some of them are confused that their previous pigenhole for me never seems to fit.

Logical
06-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Sounds like you ought to stop bashing ROn Paul and get on the bandwagon.

Ron would never agree to some of the things I suggested. I must admit he matches more of the things than almost any other candidate.

Logical
06-17-2007, 07:18 PM
OK, I'll do it. Do you want to be my campaign manager?

-HHOk lets get this ball rolling.

Frankie
06-18-2007, 09:48 AM

You know of anyone, do you have anything to add?Great, dude. You are not a one-issue voter. Most voters are and that really pisses me off.

Frankie
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
BTW, Logical, it looks like you'll be voting for Hillary.

Chief Faithful
06-18-2007, 11:25 AM

Only because she is the only candidate that is capable of being on both sides of every issue at all times.

Frankie
06-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Only because she is the only candidate that is capable of being on both sides of every issue at all times.
Ummm, Giuliani?... Romney?

Logical
06-18-2007, 12:52 PM

I am hoping for a better choice.

HolyHandgernade
06-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Ok lets get this ball rolling.

Excellent. I think our strategy should be low profile, word of mouth thing, like how Led Zepplin started out. That way no one will confuse us as beholden to any special interest groups.

Not that I'm opposed to that if you know of any willing to drop some cash our way! After all, we should be adapatable as well. :jester:

-HH

Logical
06-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Excellent. I think our strategy should be low profile, word of mouth thing, like how Led Zepplin started out. That way no one will confuse us as beholden to any special interest groups.

Not that I'm opposed to that if you know of any willing to drop some cash our way! After all, we should be adapatable as well. :jester:

-HH

If we get a really big campaign contribution I say we hold one hell of a kickoff celebration bash. ROFL