PDA

View Full Version : Will Tiger Woods Win the US Open today?

Buck
06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Poll Coming shortly...

Guru
06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
He is behind, therefore he will not win.

Buck
06-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I say Yes.

Frazod
06-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Anybody else sick of the media's endless liplock on this guy's dick? It's like he's the Yankees, Red Sox and Peyton f#cking Manning all rolled up in a single person. Every report about any tournament he plays in is "X is in the lead, and Tiger is Y shots back," like there are only two guys playing. Christ, enough already.

At this point, I kind of enjoy it when he doesn't win, and I don't give a shit about golf, either.

Stewie
06-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I picked Woods or Watson in the other US Open thread.

jidar
06-17-2007, 12:12 PM
I didn't see an option for "What's the US Open?"

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Anybody else sick the media's endless liplock on this guy's dick? It's like he's the Yankees, Red Sox and Peyton f#cking Manning all rolled up in a single person. Every report about any tournament he plays in is "X is in the lead, and Tiger is Y shots back," like there are only two guys playing. Christ, enough already.

At this point, I kind of enjoy it when he doesn't win, and I don't give a shit about golf, either.

No.

We get to watch golf's greatest player perform. What he is accomplishing is simply amazing.

morphius
06-17-2007, 12:19 PM
I didn't see an option for "What's the US Open?"
Well, it is one of the 4 tournaments that make up the Grand Slams in Tennis.

Either that, or it is what the Mexicans call our Southern Border.

Stewie
06-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Anybody else sick of the media's endless liplock on this guy's dick? It's like he's the Yankees, Red Sox and Peyton f#cking Manning all rolled up in a single person. Every report about any tournament he plays in is "X is in the lead, and Tiger is Y shots back," like there are only two guys playing. Christ, enough already.

It must suck to be you... always ****ing bitter.

Buck
06-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Do you remember Golf on TV before Tiger Woods? Because I don't.

He, himself, totally rejuvenated interest in Golf in the United States.

Does anybody on here ever watch a tournament when Tiger Woods isn't competing?

Fruit Ninja
06-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Because he is that damn good.

JBucc
06-17-2007, 12:37 PM

At this point, I kind of enjoy it when he doesn't win, and I don't give a shit about golf, either.Tiger is the one person/team that absolutely deserves it. Plus he's the only reason half the people are watching. Including me.

BWillie
06-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Tiger is the one person/team that absolutely deserves it. Plus he's the only reason half the people are watching. Including me.

Tiger is a global icon. He may be perhaps the most recognizable sports figure in the entire world right now. What he has done for golf, in my eyes, is more than what Jordan did for basketball. I started playing golf because of Tiger Woods. It made me interested in it, and some of the best years growing up, in high school, and on my college years was playing golf with friends, parents, relatives, or competitively in tournaments. Golf is a sport that transcends age and time and is a great passion that extends through a person's entire life.

If Tiger wins today, it will be his 13th Major and he is only 31. This is when golfers come into their prime. The guy won four majors in a row in the modern day golf game, that to me, puts him on the list of the most remarkable athletes of all time.

Guru
06-17-2007, 01:47 PM

Uh yeah! Jack, Arnold, and Tom.

morphius
06-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Tiger is a global icon. He may be perhaps the most recognizable sports figure in the entire world right now. What he has done for golf, in my eyes, is more than what Jordan did for basketball. I started playing golf because of Tiger Woods. It made me interested in it, and some of the best years growing up, in high school, and on my college years was playing golf with friends, parents, relatives, or competitively in tournaments. Golf is a sport that transcends age and time and is a great passion that extends through a person's entire life.

If Tiger wins today, it will be his 13th Major and he is only 31. This is when golfers come into their prime. The guy won four majors in a row in the modern day golf game, that to me, puts him on the list of the most remarkable athletes of all time.
sport and athlete, wow, just wow.

Valiant
06-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Sorry Golf is just like WWE without the written plot... Thats cool you play golf because of him but lets not kid ourselves on it being a sport.. Maybe a non-athletic sport, kind of like flag core, nascar and bowling...

I have won the last three Washers tournaments in KC, one more and I get the Sweep.. Yes me.. And I am not even 31 yet, **** no where near my prime...

As for athletes, how the **** does he even break a top 100 list?? What do you consider an athlete??? He is awesome at what he does, but it is a skill not and not athletice one.. I can consistently drive over 300 with some 1980's clubs I have at the driving range I must be a phenom... Only athletic part of Golf for the pro's is having to walk everywhere..

Stewie
06-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Sorry Golf is just like WWE without the written plot... Thats cool you play golf because of him but lets not kid ourselves on it being a sport.. Maybe a non-athletic sport, kind of like flag core, nascar and bowling...

I have won the last three Washers tournaments in KC, one more and I get the Sweep.. Yes me.. And I am not even 31 yet, **** no where near my prime...

As for athletes, how the **** does he even break a top 100 list?? What do you consider an athlete??? He is awesome at what he does, but it is a skill not and not athletice one.. I can consistently drive over 300 with some 1980's clubs I have at the driving range I must be a phenom... Only athletic part of Golf for the pro's is having to walk everywhere..

Your and idiot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 02:35 PM

The thing that bothered me the most about the Tiger era is what they did to the scoreboards. In the past, they would list the players based upon score first and number of holes completed thereafter. So if you had three guys at -5 and they were done at different times, it would look like this

-5 (16)
-5 (13)
-5 (12)

When Tiger came along, they automatically shot him to the top no matter how few holes he'd competed.

It's a really small thing, but in a sport like golf, where traditions and rules are paramount, it's really a dick move.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 02:37 PM

You are truly a f*cking idiot. The golf swing is one of the most difficult moves to perform in all of sports.

The great Sam Snead once said this about the difference between golf and baseball

"In golf, you play your foul balls."

morphius
06-17-2007, 02:46 PM

I agree, a skill does not equal a sport. Golf is a game, period. It doesn't mean that gold isn't hard, for some reason many an idiot seem to take it as some huge insult that it isn't really a sport. But when one of the best players in the league can walk around with a flabby gut and man boobs, well, golf just doesn't make you an athlete.

Hamas - Well, that and the ball isn't flying at you at 100 mph with guys standing out there with gloves to throw it back in, oh, and the running. Of course I don't see many players putting on scuba gear to hit it out of the water hazard, but hey, I guess that really isn't a foul ball... Stupid quote.

Valiant
06-17-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree, a skill does not equal a sport. Golf is a game, period. It doesn't mean that gold isn't hard, for some reason many an idiot seem to take it as some huge insult that it isn't really a sport. But when one of the best players in the league can walk around with a flabby gut and man boobs, well, golf just doesn't make you an athlete.

Hamas - Well, that and the ball isn't flying at you at 100 mph with guys standing out there with gloves to throw it back in, oh, and the running. Of course I don't see many players putting on scuba gear to hit it out of the water hazard, but hey, I guess that really isn't a foul ball... Stupid quote.

I just chalk it up to golf people trying to justify themselves.. Golf swing difficult my ass, you are a ****ing joke if you are trying to justify a golf swing being difficult. You are ****ing moron hamas... Golf does not take athletic ability to play besides walking, or are the little 13 year old girls playing to 85 year old men mean they are all athletic phenomenons you asshat...

BWillie
06-17-2007, 02:56 PM

Hey hey, lets not get into the agrument of golf is a sport. This thread is about the US Open. Let it be known, that golf is widely considered a sport, and so is auto racing. I understand what those are saying that golf is a skill and not a sport, but to the public, it is considered a sport, and golfers, race car drivers, are considered athletes. I agree, golf does not take a whole lot of athletic ability, but this does not mean it is a sport. There's alot of baseball players too that don't have alot of athletic ability as well, but that it's not a sport. I guarantee you that Tiger Woods is alot more athletic that some MLB baseball players, such as David Wells. I bet Tiger Woods bench presses 2-3 times more than Kevin Durant. It's hard to pick and choose who we consider athletes so can't we just compromise and call golfers sports figures?

Rudy lost the toss
06-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I just wanna throw in that WWE takes an assload of athletic ability

BWillie
06-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I just wanna throw in that WWE takes an assload of athletic ability

And an assload of roids

Al Bundy
06-17-2007, 03:05 PM
And an assload of roids
Just wait til Roids hits golf...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:07 PM

I didn't say that it was more difficult than baseball, did I?

Show me where I did, and I'll gladly have GoChiefs suck your 2 centimeter dick.

However, the activity of golf is incredibly difficult, and relentless, which was the point of the quote.

The golf swing is an incredibly difficult athletic manuever that requires exception coordination and body speed as well as timing. Conflating it with auto racing is a ridiculous comparision.

If you can honestly tell me that you can swing a 46" stick on an 8 foot arc and hit a ball on an area of the club less than 1/16" across and it's not an athletic move, then you are a certifiable dumbass.

And Valiant, your defense is a complete non-sequitur, kind of like how your synaptic process is non functional.

Old men and girls play basketball, but that doesn't detract from its difficulty or make it not a sport.

Just because Phil Mickelson or Vijay Singh can't run a 4.3 forty doesnt' mean that they aren't athletes. You have a ridiculously narrow definition of what athletics is.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey hey, lets not get into the agrument of golf is a sport. This thread is about the US Open. Let it be known, that golf is widely considered a sport, and so is auto racing. I understand what those are saying that golf is a skill and not a sport, but to the public, it is considered a sport, and golfers, race car drivers, are considered athletes. I agree, golf does not take a whole lot of athletic ability, but this does not mean it is a sport. There's alot of baseball players too that don't have alot of athletic ability as well, but that it's not a sport. I guarantee you that Tiger Woods is alot more athletic that some MLB baseball players, such as David Wells. I bet Tiger Woods bench presses 2-3 times more than Kevin Durant. It's hard to pick and choose who we consider athletes so can't we just compromise and call golfers sports figures?
Nope, not going to do it. I would also say that it is not a widely held belief, otherwise race car drivers would not be crying to be considered athletes every damn year.

Woods is a great golfer, not a great athlete. Golf is a game of skill, just like bowling and darts.

BWillie
06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Just wait til Roids hits golf...

HAHA, steroids has almost zero correlation to hitting the long ball or anything that is going to make a someone better at the game. Does it help? Maybe, but not much at all. On my college golf team, I was the strongest person on the team, didn't make a lick of difference for how good I was or how far I hit it. Flexibility, mental toughness, and height I'd say are bigger influences on how good a golfer can be.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I didn't say that it was more difficult than baseball, did I?

Show me where I did, and I'll gladly have GoChiefs suck your 2 centimeter dick.

However, the activity of golf is incredibly difficult, and relentless, which was the point of the quote.

The golf swing is an incredibly difficult athletic manuever that requires exception coordination and body speed as well as timing. Conflating it with auto racing is a ridiculous comparision.

If you can honestly tell me that you can swing a 46" stick on an 8 foot arc and hit a ball on an area of the club less than 1/16" across and it's not an athletic move, then you are a certifiable dumbass.

And Valiant, your defense is a complete non-sequitur, kind of like how your synaptic process is non functional.

Old men and girls play basketball, but that doesn't detract from its difficulty or make it not a sport.

Just because Phil Mickelson or Vijay Singh can't run a 4.3 forty doesnt' mean that they aren't athletes. You have a ridiculously narrow definition of what athletics is.
Hey, your the one who pulled up the "In golf, you play your foul balls." quote, needle dick. Throwing a dart in the 60 point spot every time is also a very difficult maneuver, as is throwing a bowling ball on the 13th board with the right aproach speed, follow through, and the right speed coming off of your hand.

But nice try.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I just chalk it up to golf people trying to justify themselves.. Golf swing difficult my ass, you are a ****ing joke if you are trying to justify a golf swing being difficult. You are ****ing moron hamas... Golf does not take athletic ability to play besides walking, or are the little 13 year old girls playing to 85 year old men mean they are all athletic phenomenons you asshat...

You have absof*ckinglutley no idea what you are talking about. There are three distinct parts of the golf swing, each with multiple smaller components. A failure at any one part causes a disastrous result.

If you miss the sweet spot in baseball by 1/16" you hit a homerun. If you do it in golf, you've missed the fairway. If you are a split second late and don't get around on a ball in baseball, you hit can hit a double to the opposite field. If you do it in golf, you hit a huge push cut that is probably flirting with OB.

The average PGA pro has a swing speed of 112 MPH. I guaranf*ckingtee your fat ass can't get above 80.

You know what that takes? Strength, flexibility and body speed.

How is that not an athletic maneuver, you lowly fringe f*ck.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:14 PM
You have absof*ckinglutley no idea what you are talking about. There are three distinct parts of the golf swing, each with multiple smaller components. A failure at any one part causes a disastrous result.

If you miss the sweet spot in baseball by 1/16" you hit a homerun. If you do it in golf, you've missed the fairway. If you are a split second late and don't get around on a ball in baseball, you hit can hit a double to the opposite field. If you do it in golf, you hit a huge push cut that is probably flirting with OB.

The average PGA pro has a swing speed of 112 MPH. I guaranf*ckingtee your fat ass can't get above 80.

You know what that takes? Strength, flexibility and body speed.

How is that not an athletic maneuver, you lowly fringe f*ck.
Damn this dude cracks me up. I can almost see the tears flowing from his eyes like a little girl as he types this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey, your the one who pulled up the "In golf, you play your foul balls." quote, needle dick. Throwing a dart in the 60 point spot every time is also a very difficult maneuver, as is throwing a bowling ball on the 13th board with the right aproach speed, follow through, and the right speed coming off of your hand.

But nice try.

I want you to take your dumbass and sit it in front of the television today and look at the guys who are around the lead. I don't see a single guy who isn't an athlete out there. Every single guy who is in contention right now is in better shape than probably every other guy on this board.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Damn this dude cracks me up. I can almost see the tears flowing from his eyes like a little girl as he types this.

With laughter at your stupidity, perhaps. Of course, what am I to expect from someone so stupid that they have your sig quote, and take it legitimately seriously.

Al Bundy
06-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I will say this and I have played golf more than my fair share of times. Golf is not a sport. I see guys playing ahead of and behind me drunk out of their minds. I see every sort of beer belly you could imagine on the course. That being said it does take skill, and some endurance but I don't consider it a "sport" like I do with football, baseball, basketball and hockey.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:17 PM
I want you to take your dumbass and sit it in front of the television today and look at the guys who are around the lead. I don't see a single guy who isn't an athlete out there. Every single guy who is in contention right now is in better shape than probably every other guy on this board.
Many a construction workers are also in great shape, doesn't exactly make them athletes in my book.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Tigier Woods: 6-1, 185
Vijay Singh: 6-2, 208
Retief Goosen 6, 185
Ernie Els, 6-3, 210

4 of the top 10 players in the world as a small sampling. Sounds like a collection of stiff fatasses to me.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
With laughter at your stupidity, perhaps. Of course, what am I to expect from someone so stupid that they have your sig quote, and take it legitimately seriously.
I have given my definition of a sport here many times, but I will take your silence as proof that you also consider dart players and bowlers athletes as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Many a construction workers are also in great shape, doesn't exactly make them athletes in my book.

Yeah, but when you combine their physical conditioning as well as the speed and coordination that high level golf requires, they are.

Of course, I'm sure you'll do your best to completely overlook that entire aspect of my argument since it makes you look even dumber than the majority of your posts do.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Tigier Woods: 6-1, 185
Vijay Singh: 6-2, 208
Retief Goosen 6, 185
Ernie Els, 6-3, 210

4 of the top 10 players in the world as a small sampling. Sounds like a collection of stiff fatasses to me.
Why did you leave off the number two golfer in the world?

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah, but when you combine their physical conditioning as well as the speed and coordination that high level golf requires, they are.

Of course, I'm sure you'll do your best to completely overlook that entire aspect of my argument since it makes you look even dumber than the majority of your posts do.
Umm, so there is absolutly no skill in putting up a lot drywall in a day with only the tiniest of gaps?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I have given my definition of a sport here many times, but I will take your silence as proof that you also consider dart players and bowlers athletes as well.

Silence?

What the f*ck are you talking about, you impotent troll?

Go back to post thirty and take your 3rd grade bitch ass through that post again.

Go to a golf store and swing a club and see if you can get it above 85 mph. I'll guarandamntee that you can't with ANY degree of precision.

Yeah, you can hit the ball on the sweet spot if you just tap it and move your club 2 inches, but the degree of coordination you need to hit it square AND the degree of strength AND flexibility (again, post 30 you f*cking git idiot) to hit the ball both far and straight makes it immeasurably more of an athletic move than throwing a dart.

If darts involved throwing it as far as you could while still trying to hit a target, then yeah, maybe your analogy would make sense. But it doesn't, so as always, you're a goddamned idiot.

Now do me a favor and go chug a gallon of bleach for father's day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Umm, so there is absolutly no skill in putting up a lot drywall in a day with only the tiniest of gaps?

I'll take your reduction to the level of semantics as indicative of the fact that you have no f*cking clue what you are talking about and are reduced to fringe elements to try and save any modicum of a point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Why did you leave off the number two golfer in the world?

Phil is 6-3, and 200. He has man boobs, but so does David Wells and Roger Clemens and Carlos Zambrano. Are they *not* athletes?

Hell, Mickelson actually considered pitching for the Toledo Mud Hens a few years ago

Or maybe we should bring up #3, Jim Furyk, who was all state in Basketball, his football team's starting QB, and a state champ in golf.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Silence?

What the f*ck are you talking about, you impotent troll?

Go back to post thirty and take your 3rd grade bitch ass through that post again.

Go to a golf store and swing a club and see if you can get it above 85 mph. I'll guarandamntee that you can't with ANY degree of precision.

Yeah, you can hit the ball on the sweet spot if you just tap it and move your club 2 inches, but the degree of coordination you need to hit it square AND the degree of strength AND flexibility (again, post 30 you f*cking git idiot) to hit the ball both far and straight makes it immeasurably more of an athletic move than throwing a dart.

If darts involved throwing it as far as you could while still trying to hit a target, then yeah, maybe your analogy would make sense. But it doesn't, so as always, you're a goddamned idiot.

Now do me a favor and go chug a gallon of bleach for father's day.
Post 30 mentions baseball, a sport in which someone else is actually trying to effect your play with a pitch, a ball in motion, golf the only enemy on the course is you.

But post 30 neither mentions bowling or darts, you stupid rag pulled out of Denis's twat.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Phil is 6-3, and 200. He has man boobs, but so does David Wells and Roger Clemens and Carlos Zambrano. Are they *not* athletes?

Hell, Mickelson actually considered pitching for the Toledo Mud Hens a few years ago

Or maybe we should bring up #3, Jim Furyk, who was all state in Basketball, his football team's starting QB, and a state champ in golf.
Just because they play golf does not make them athletes, but it doesn't preclude them from being athletes either you reading comprehension of a two year old dumb ass.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Gerome Bettis likes to bowl, and is pretty good, so therefore ALL BOWLERS ARE GREAT ATHLETES and could win a Super Bowl!

- hamas

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Post 30 mentions baseball, a sport in which someone else is actually trying to effect your play with a pitch, a ball in motion, golf the only enemy on the course is you.

But post 30 neither mentions bowling or darts, you stupid rag pulled out of Denis's twat.

ROFL ROFL

Jesus, you are an idiot.

You said "athletic"

What is the entire second half of that post devoted to?

Swing speed, strength, flexibility and coordination.

F*cking moron

If I owned you any more I'd have to buy you shackles and call you Kunte Kinte.

Goddamn, you are a knuckle-dragging fool.

Go jerk off in your IT shed and get back to me when you have a goddamned clue about something...anything.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:34 PM
ROFL ROFL

Jesus, you are an idiot.

You said "athletic"

What is the entire second half of that post devoted to?

Swing speed, strength, flexibility and coordination.

F*cking moron

If I owned you any more I'd have to buy you shackles and call you Kunte Kinte.

Goddamn, you are a knuckle-dragging fool.

Go jerk off in your IT shed and get back to me when you have a goddamned clue about something...anything.
You just keep telling yourself that. Anyone who spends this much time and heart defending golf as a "real sport" is such a loser to begin with...

WilliamTheIrish
06-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Of course you don't. Because as a Charger fan, you don't remember football before Stan Humphries.

Charger fans, the ultimate badwagoneers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Just because they play golf does not make them athletes, but it doesn't preclude them from being athletes either you reading comprehension of a two year old dumb ass.

The irony of this is palpable, considering that you and Valiant are trying to exclude people who don't have archetypal sports bodies.

Of course, your post is wrong on both points, since a number of MLB pitchers prove that you don't have to be a Greek God to be a phenomenal athlete, and 2) it just so happens that top 10 golfers in the world are well built athletically and have strong athletic backgrounds in sports that aren't golf. And that in no way helps them, because athletic ability again isn't based on things like strength, flexibility and coordination...right ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:36 PM
You just keep telling yourself that. Anyone who spends this much time and heart defending golf as a "real sport" is such a loser to begin with...

That's all you can do, deflect and call me names without offering A SHRED of substantive evidence.

I can call you names and offer evidence, because I actually know what I'm talking about.

Go take your ignorant ass somewhere else where "idiot" is actually a tradeable currency.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:42 PM
The irony of this is palpable, considering that you and Valiant are trying to exclude people who don't have archetypal sports bodies.

Of course, your post is wrong on both points, since a number of MLB pitchers prove that you don't have to be a Greek God to be a phenomenal athlete, and 2) it just so happens that top 10 golfers in the world are well built athletically and have strong athletic backgrounds in sports that aren't golf. And that in no way helps them, because athletic ability again isn't based on things like strength, flexibility and coordination...right ROFL
My mine point all along was about Golf not being a sport, so not automatically making you an athlete. The rest was to keep you more and more pissed off.

Golf is a game of skill, and saying that your have to be precise and fast does not make it any less of a skill, nor does it make it any more of a sport.

So, is bowling a sport in your opinion?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:47 PM
My mine point all along was about Golf not being a sport, so not automatically making you an athlete. The rest was to keep you more and more pissed off.

Golf is a game of skill, and saying that your have to be precise and fast does not make it any less of a skill, nor does it make it any more of a sport.

So, is bowling a sport in your opinion?

ROFL

Translation: "I knew I was completely and utterly pwned, so I'm spinning it to make it look a little bit better for me."

Moving on

I think that to be a sport TO PLAY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL you have to have some combination of strength, flexibility, hand eye coordination, and speed.

People who aren't athletes can play sports, but simply because the participants in one area aren't athletes, that doesn't make the activities not sports.

Bowling requires one of those--coordination

Darts require coordination

Auto Racing requires coordination

Basketball requires at least three, and in reality all four, as does football. Hockey requires 3-4. Golf requires all, but strength to a lesser (but not wholly unimportant) degree.

That is why it's a sport.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I mean hell, your only defense against darts was that they have to throw it as far as they can? Seriously, you want to talk about owned, crap, how many golfers out there try to hit the ball as far as they can on every hit? I would guess the answer would be very few.

Please try to at least do better then that.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:50 PM
ROFL

Translation: "I knew I was completely and utterly pwned, so I'm spinning it to make it look a little bit better for me."

Moving on

I think that to be a sport TO PLAY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL you have to have some combination of strength, flexibility, hand eye coordination, and speed.

People who aren't athletes can play sports, but simply because the participants in one area aren't athletes, that doesn't make the activities not sports.

Bowling requires one of those--coordination

Darts require coordination

Auto Racing requires coordination

Basketball requires at least three, and in reality all four, as does football. Hockey requires 3-4. Golf requires all, but strength to a lesser (but not wholly unimportant) degree.

That is why it's a sport.
Speed is VERY damn important in bowling you ignorant dumb ass, and in fact is the hardest thing to control. Strength, do you know how many games those guys have to throw? Strength is a MUST.

You are going to have to do better.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I mean hell, your only defense against darts was that they have to throw it as far as they can? Seriously, you want to talk about owned, crap, how many golfers out there try to hit the ball as far as they can on every hit? I would guess the answer would be very few.

Please try to at least do better then that.

Are you completely out of your mind?

Not only did I refute that with the initial post in which I addressed it, where I said that throwing the darts as far and AS accurately would make it closer to what is trying to be done in golf, but I just did it in my previous one to this, where I listed what I think connotates a sport and why darts are dumbass bowling doesn't qualify.

Are you really that obtuse, or do you just play a dumbass on here?

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:52 PM

So does hanging dry wall...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Speed is VERY damn important in bowling you ignorant dumb ass, and in fact is the hardest thing to control. Strength, do you know how many games those guys have to throw? Strength is a MUST.

You are going to have to do better.

God, you're an idiot.

Speed of the ball being thrown does not equal speed of the human body.

You know why Tiger hits it so far? His body speed. Fast twitch muscle fibers, the same thing that makes elite sprinters.

And strength?

Yeah, that must be why PDW is so jacked.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 03:55 PM
So does hanging dry wall...

As you continue to circle the drain of insanity your posts and arguments just become more and more irrelevant.

Despite how many times you've sucked Phobias cock, I assure you that hangers of drywall don't need phenomenal speed, coordination, or flexibility. Strength, yeah, to a pedestrian degree.

Once again, you've resorted to arguing the minutiae of semantics to obfuscate your lack of intelligence and the substance in this argument.

morphius
06-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I could also argue that golf only really requires coordination, speed is weak, strength is as doubtful as bowling, and flexibility may be somewhat important, but it isn't something that you can't easily do with some stretching and just the practice of swinging at an inanimate object over and over.

morphius
06-17-2007, 04:00 PM
As you continue to circle the drain of insanity your posts and arguments just become more and more irrelevant.

Despite how many times you've sucked Phobias cock, I assure you that hangers of drywall don't need phenomenal speed, coordination, or flexibility. Strength, yeah, to a pedestrian degree.

Once again, you've resorted to arguing the minutiae of semantics to obfuscate your lack of intelligence and the substance in this argument.
What is your big fascination with guys sucking guys dicks?

I thought we were talking about people at the top of their "game", well you go try to hang a room of dry wall in less then a day.

morphius
feeling ohhh soo owned, LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I could also argue that golf only really requires coordination, speed is weak, strength is as doubtful as bowling, and flexibility may be somewhat important, but it isn't something that you can't easily do with some stretching and just the practice of swinging at an inanimate object over and over.

Once again, you really have no clue what you are talking about.

Body speed is one of the most important ingredients in golf. It's something all top pros have, and it's not a coincidence. Speed= a faster clubhead= a greater distance off the tee.

Flexibility: Swing a club correctly. You'll have to rotate your shoulders 90 degrees or more while turning your hips less than 45 with both feet on the ground, making sure that you don't lose any of the flex in your knees

Coordination is ovious.

Strength is still important. All top pros will tell you that lifting weights has added 1-3 clubs in overall length. But it's not important, it is :rolleyes:

Have you played golf more than just a few times? Seriously, your entire argument reeks of ignorance of the greatest degree.

morphius
06-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Once again, you really have no clue what you are talking about.

Body speed is one of the most important ingredients in golf. It's something all top pros have, and it's not a coincidence. Speed= a faster clubhead= a greater distance off the tee.

Flexibility: Swing a club correctly. You'll have to rotate your shoulders 90 degrees or more while turning your hips less than 45 with both feet on the ground, making sure that you don't lose any of the flex in your knees

Coordination is ovious.

Strength is still important. All top pros will tell you that lifting weights has added 1-3 clubs in overall length. But it's not important, it is :rolleyes:

Have you played golf more than just a few times? Seriously, your entire argument reeks of ignorance of the greatest degree.
Your argument wreaks of complete bias of a golf lover, and nothing else. I still no difference it has over bowling.

It is nearly impossible to be ignorant of what it takes to be a good golfer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Your argument wreaks of complete bias of a golf lover, and nothing else. I still no difference it has over bowling.

It is nearly impossible to be ignorant of what it takes to be a good golfer.

Actually, the closest thing to playing professional golf is pitching, but don't let that ruin a perfectly good trip down dumbass drive.

Dallas Chief
06-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Actually, the closest thing to playing professional golf is pitching, but don't let that ruin a perfectly good trip down dumbass drive.
Ok. So i am a casual observer around here. Have been for some time. I find the pissing matches to be so entertaining. I have been trying to figure out where I have met/seen you before and I finally figured it out.
It's amazing, it took a thread about one of my favorite ATHLETES, and arguably the best golfer to ever play the game, for it to click. This is you, yeah the one with the pony tail...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/txV_RdA6Sd8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/txV_RdA6Sd8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Sam Hall
06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Tiger left the press conference saying, "Don't cry for me Argentina."

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=Dallas Chief]Ok. So i am a casual observer around here. Have been for some time. I find the pissing matches to be so entertaining. I have been trying to figure out where I have met/seen you before and I finally figured it out.
It's amazing, it took a thread about one of my favorite ATHLETES, and arguably the best golfer to ever play the game, for it to click. This is you, yeah the one with the pony tail...

Funny how I was the only one quoting things I've actually experienced rather than plagiarizing ideas pulled out of my ass. Nice try, though.

Dallas Chief
06-17-2007, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Dallas Chief]Ok. So i am a casual observer around here. Have been for some time. I find the pissing matches to be so entertaining. I have been trying to figure out where I have met/seen you before and I finally figured it out.

Funny how I was the only one quoting things I've actually experienced rather than plagiarizing ideas pulled out of my ass. Nice try, though.
Spin it all you want...

Demonpenz
06-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Golf is such a demanding sport the ****ing winner was smoking during his match

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Spin it all you want...

It's not spin, dude. It's pretty clear to anyone with any degree of common sense.

I wasn't aping someone else's beliefs about the economic modalities of the southern colonies, nor was I going out of my way to embarrass some well-meaning but ignorant wayward soul. I was fighting a dumbass with fire and vitriol.

I offered clear and substantive evidence proving my point, from the halmarks of athletic ability and how they correlate to golf to physical profiles of the greatest golfers, as well as analogies to other sports.

I'll say it again: If you want to tell me that golf isn't a sport, be prepared to say the same thing about major league pitchers.

morphius
06-17-2007, 10:06 PM
It's not spin, dude. It's pretty clear to anyone with any degree of common sense.

I wasn't aping someone else's beliefs about the economic modalities of the southern colonies, nor was I going out of my way to embarrass some well-meaning but ignorant wayward soul. I was fighting a dumbass with fire and vitriol.

I offered clear and substantive evidence proving my point, from the halmarks of athletic ability and how they correlate to golf to physical profiles of the greatest golfers, as well as analogies to other sports.

I'll say it again: If you want to tell me that golf isn't a sport, be prepared to say the same thing about major league pitchers.
It is spin, sorry man, it just is. Golf is a skill, as is yoga and many other difficult things. Just because you have experience doesn't make it less spin. And you can pretend it is just like pitching all you want, but until someone is standing on the other side of you trying to do something with the ball you are trying to throw it is a meaningless comparison. Every point you could make for golf, I could make a similar point for Bowling that you have not been able to refute, and I don't consider bowling a sport, but I don't consider doing it well easy either, and a lot of golfers have said that a hole in one is a whole lot easier then a 300 game.

But I do absolutly love how some people will draw at any possible straw to make their GAME a sport because it makes them feel it is more or less important based on that label.

morphius
06-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Spin it all you want...
Funny he ASSUMES that he has some great experience that is outside the realm of anything a common man could understand.

Which is really what it all came down to with me, I find the whole thing silly, especially when he had to start actually name calling to feel that it helped prove his point. Generally, he makes me sad.

Dallas Chief
06-17-2007, 10:11 PM

This has nothing to do with golf. F*ck I agree with you that golf is a tough SPORT to play, much less play well.

I understand though, it's tough to see yourself as others see you..

Frazod
06-17-2007, 10:17 PM
To me, golf isn't a sport because there is no direct competition or physical contact between the players. Even soccer, which I detest, is undeniably a sport; just a crappy one.

And Hamas - Christ, have you ever objectively read some of the shit you spew? Morphius is one of the nicest and mellowest people on the BB. If you can't carry on a civil discussion with him, you've got issues. Lately you're like Skip with a vocabulary. And that's not a good thing. I really wish you'd chill out a bit.

And as long as I'm posting on this thread - Stewie, I'm not bitter about Tiger Woods. I don't give a shit about Tiger Woods, or golf, for that matter. But I get sick of things that are force-fed ad nauseum by the media - whether it's Tiger Woods, or Paris Hilton, or that stupid Mellencamp song from the Chevy truck commercials. Get over yourself.

morphius
06-17-2007, 10:21 PM
To me, golf isn't a sport because there is no direct competition or physical contact between the players. Even soccer, which I detest, is undeniably a sport; just a crappy one.

Exactly how I define it as well.

And Hamas - Christ, have you ever objectively read some of the shit you spew? Morphius is one of the nicest and mellowest people on the BB. If you can't carry on a civil discussion with him, you've got issues. Lately you're like Skip with a vocabulary. And that's not a good thing. I really wish you'd chill out a bit.

LOL! I found it hilarious that he went off and started calling me name right off the bat. I never even felt the need to explain my definition to him because he was being such a whiny little bitch about the whole thing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:15 AM
It is spin, sorry man, it just is. Golf is a skill, as is yoga and many other difficult things. Just because you have experience doesn't make it less spin. And you can pretend it is just like pitching all you want, but until someone is standing on the other side of you trying to do something with the ball you are trying to throw it is a meaningless comparison. Every point you could make for golf, I could make a similar point for Bowling that you have not been able to refute, and I don't consider bowling a sport, but I don't consider doing it well easy either, and a lot of golfers have said that a hole in one is a whole lot easier then a 300 game.

But I do absolutly love how some people will draw at any possible straw to make their GAME a sport because it makes them feel it is more or less important based on that label.

How's this:

1) Why do you have to be competing against a human being directly? With bowling there is only one variable, how slick the lane is. With golf you aren't playing on a standardized field, unlike every other sport. That means that you are constantly competing against mother nature, which although not animate, is still every bit as tough as a person. Wind changes, the break on every green fluctuates. Green speeds are different according to a number of factors. If you have a bunker shot to a green that is running away from you, it has to be played entirely different from a bunker shot if the green is sloped towards you.

With bowling you have constants. The lane doesn't develop slope as you move past the third frame.

Bowling would be like golf if all golf involved was going to a putting green and trying to sink 11 straight 12 foot putts on a same line.

But it is immeasureably more involved than that, and the degree of variables that you have to contend with make it every bit as difficult as any sport where you play directly against a human being.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:19 AM

Fraz: If Golf isn't a sport, then what is the Ryder Cup or the US Amateur, or World Match Play?

How is that any different from track and field, a sport where there is no contact?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Funny he ASSUMES that he has some great experience that is outside the realm of anything a common man could understand.

Which is really what it all came down to with me, I find the whole thing silly, especially when he had to start actually name calling to feel that it helped prove his point. Generally, he makes me sad.

I didn't have to resort to name calling to prove my point. I did it because I could easily prove my point, refute yours with little effort, and because I don't like you.

Of course, as always, you conflate the two in order to beautify the idiocy of your take on things.

morphius
06-18-2007, 07:28 AM
How's this:

1) Why do you have to be competing against a human being directly? With bowling there is only one variable, how slick the lane is. With golf you aren't playing on a standardized field, unlike every other sport. That means that you are constantly competing against mother nature, which although not animate, is still every bit as tough as a person. Wind changes, the break on every green fluctuates. Green speeds are different according to a number of factors. If you have a bunker shot to a green that is running away from you, it has to be played entirely different from a bunker shot if the green is sloped towards you.

With bowling you have constants. The lane doesn't develop slope as you move past the third frame.

Bowling would be like golf if all golf involved was going to a putting green and trying to sink 11 straight 12 foot putts on a same line.

But it is immeasureably more involved than that, and the degree of variables that you have to contend with make it every bit as difficult as any sport where you play directly against a human being.
The oil pattern changes as you bowl on a lane, please stop trying to pull things out of your ass that you obviously know nothing about. I could go on, but nobody cares, I know I don't.

morphius
06-18-2007, 07:31 AM
I didn't have to resort to name calling to prove my point. I did it because I could easily prove my point, refute yours with little effort, and because I don't like you.

Of course, as always, you conflate the two in order to beautify the idiocy of your take on things.
You don't like me, waaaa, I better go call my mommy.

Damn what a dumbass...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:35 AM
The oil pattern changes as you bowl on a lane, please stop trying to pull things out of your ass that you obviously know nothing about.

Oh give me a break. Do you really think that the grain of a green isn't affected by hitting numerous putts of the same length on the green?

Once again, bowling has one variable, the lane.

The irony of this is absolutely outstanding. You are the one who knows nothing of golf adamantly arguing that it's not a sport when you know nothing of the variables involved, or the fact that it requires direct competition.

You weren't able to rebut the argument for flexibility

You couldn't offer substantiative evidence other than "I don't think so" for the body speed argument.

You conceded the coordination.

There is obviously direct competition involved against both animate AND inanimate objects.

It has every factor of a sport except contacting another human being.

By that measure, is the 100M not a sport? Is the discus, pole vault, or swimming not a sport. They don't involve contact either, are they not sports.

Anyone can play a sport badly, but that in and of itself doesn't make the activity not a sport. If an old man goes out and airballs a 3 in a pickup game it doesn't make basketball a "skill".

Once again, I'm not the one talking out of my ass. I have experience playing golf. I've played competitive golf. You are fixated on this cro-magnon view of a sport requiring contact in order to fit your myopic ideology, and quite frankly, that's just completely ignorant.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:39 AM
You don't like me, waaaa, I better go call my mommy.

Damn what a dumbass...

Citizens, this is what we refer to as standard CP DC behavior.

Note how the poster tries to take a small snippet of the post and frame his entire response around it, ignoring the intended point of the post in which he was responding to.

Go back and see how when confronted with evidence, he offered none of his own, and then accused his opponent of spin.

Classic deflection behavior, indicative of the species morphius idiotus maximus, insightus minimus

morphius
06-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Oh give me a break. Do you really think that the grain of a green isn't affected by hitting numerous putts of the same length on the green?

Once again, bowling has one variable, the lane.

The irony of this is absolutely outstanding. You are the one who knows nothing of golf adamantly arguing that it's not a sport when you know nothing of the variables involved, or the fact that it requires direct competition.

You weren't able to rebut the argument for flexibility

You couldn't offer substantiative evidence other than "I don't think so" for the body speed argument.

You conceded the coordination.

There is obviously direct competition involved against both animate AND inanimate objects.

It has every factor of a sport except contacting another human being.

By that measure, is the 100M not a sport? Is the discus, pole vault, or swimming not a sport. They don't involve contact either, are they not sports.

Anyone can play a sport badly, but that in and of itself doesn't make the activity not a sport. If an old man goes out and airballs a 3 in a pickup game it doesn't make basketball a "skill".

Once again, I'm not the one talking out of my ass. I have experience playing golf. I've played competitive golf. You are fixated on this cro-magnon view of a sport requiring contact in order to fit your myopic ideology, and quite frankly, that's just completely ignorant.
You are such a loser you don't even "get it", for Christ sakes man. It isn't a sport to some of us, and no matter how much you cry it isn't gonna change it. As I have said, golfing isn't an easy thing to do. DUH! Direct competition between an inanimate object, **** that makes talking to you a god damn sport, LMAO!!!

No races are not sports, they are races. There is a reason it is called the Olympic Games. I'm not saying that any of those things are easy, and that you don't have to be athletic to do them. It really isn't all that hard to grasp.

This has been fun and all watching you whine about how tough golf is, but really, you are memyself with a lame user name, and I really don't care about your opinion.

Bwana
06-18-2007, 07:49 AM
I have to play in a best ball shoot out in about a month which means I need to get out and hit some balls. I have played golf twice in the last FIVE years. It's going to be ugly.........

I do have a new bag and a new set of clubs. It seems I won some work related sales contest I didn't even know I was in with Valvoline last year. The things just showed up UPS one day last year with a note saying, congrats on winning the sales contest. I was like WTF??

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:49 AM
For all the people who doubt that you have to be physically conditioned to play golf, I'd like you to go play 18 holes on a moderate summer day, let's say 80 degrees.

You've got about 25 pounds strapped to your back while walking anywhere from 4-6 miles. Meanwhile, you are battling heat and have to try and execute a move that requires a tremendous amount of flexibility and speed to do correctly. If you are out of shape, you will begin fade over the last several holes as your hamstrings tire and your back begins to tighten up. As a result, you'll begin hitting shots way off line.

Yeah, some guys play in carts. Some people also play two hand touch football and half court basketball. That isn't a good enough argument for making it not a sport.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:52 AM
You are such a loser you don't even "get it", for Christ sakes man. It isn't a sport to some of us, and no matter how much you cry it isn't gonna change it. As I have said, golfing isn't an easy thing to do. DUH! Direct competition between an inanimate object, **** that makes talking to you a god damn sport, LMAO!!!

No races are not sports, they are races. There is a reason it is called the Olympic Games. I'm not saying that any of those things are easy, and that you don't have to be athletic to do them. It really isn't all that hard to grasp.

This has been fun and all watching you whine about how tough golf is, but really, you are memyself with a lame user name, and I really don't care about your opinion.

Translation: I can't offer any kind of rebuttal, so I'll resort to calling you Denise.

So, the 100 meter dash is not a sport, nor is the marathon...ok.

Moreoever, the Olympic Games are all games.

What was that sport that the US used to do pretty well in during the Olympics? Basketball was it?

How about baseball, soccer, boxing, hockey...all sports contested on the Olympic level.

Do you enjoy showing your ass this much, or are you working on your tan?

Oh, and just to drive the stake in the heart of this Olympic idea:

Game: (n) a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

Sport: (n)an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature,

—Synonyms 1. game.

Demonpenz
06-18-2007, 07:52 AM
whats the last sport you saw in a cricial moment the person player took a smoke break?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 07:54 AM
whats the last sport you saw in a cricial moment the person player took a smoke break?

Baseball.

Hell, the Red Sox took shots before their games in the playoffs in 2004.

Demonpenz
06-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Baseball.

Hell, the Red Sox took shots before their games in the playoffs in 2004.

Yeah right I didn't see the closer come in and half way in stop and put his butt out right by second base.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Yeah right I didn't see the closer come in and half way in stop and put his butt out right by second base.

I didn't say he did it during an inning did I?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Demon,

Remember Doc Ellis?

Demonpenz
06-18-2007, 08:13 AM
I think it was on lsd he you are still not answering my question. When is the last sport other than golf in a cricial situation there was a smoke break.

Demonpenz
06-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Also I never said baseball was a hard physical sport. You are arguing that it is so physically demanding. So demanding that a chain smoking overweight duck waddles up and wins a major. GRUELING I SAY GRUELING.

Demonpenz
06-18-2007, 08:17 AM
You won't see me beating the drum that baseball is a physically demanding sport.

carlos3652
06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Argentina!

morphius
Translation: I can't offer any kind of rebuttal, so I'll resort to calling you Denise.

So, the 100 meter dash is not a sport, nor is the marathon...ok.

Moreoever, the Olympic Games are all games.

What was that sport that the US used to do pretty well in during the Olympics? Basketball was it?

How about baseball, soccer, boxing, hockey...all sports contested on the Olympic level.

Do you enjoy showing your ass this much, or are you working on your tan?

Oh, and just to drive the stake in the heart of this Olympic idea:

Game: (n) a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

Sport: (n)an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature,

—Synonyms 1. game.
See what I mean, you twist more then Denise. You started the name calling, so don't whine now my pretty little bitch.

Did I say anywhere that everything in the Olympics were games? Nope. IMHO, for the record, a game can be a sport, not all games are sports.

You know my definition, a bunch of other people here share it, you can take it or leave it, I don't care.

And what the **** is your fascination with my ass, every other post you are wanting my ass in the air or someone to stick something in it. Damn you are a sick ****.

Demonpenz
Roger federer going for his 10 wimbleton title. Here it comes... So graceful. So elegant... FEDERER "TIME" *turns to the camera* In situations like this I enjoy nothing more than a cool merit menthal *inhales deeply as stephi graf and Ivan lendle stand behind him"

SMoooOOOOooOOOooOOOth.

Al Bundy
06-18-2007, 08:43 AM
I still dont understand what has Hamas in an uproar?

morphius
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
I still dont understand what has Hamas in an uproar?
Golf is SOOooo Hard that it has to be a sport and to do it well you must also be considered a great athlete.

Phobia
06-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I understand though, it's tough to see yourself as others see you..

You couldn't have picked a more appropo character from any movie/show. That's EXACTLY how I picture that dude and it doesn't have anything to do with the "original thought" portion of that clip. It's the big, blustery verbiage coupled with the over-the-top hostility.... It's actually quite comical.

Al Bundy
06-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Golf is SOOooo Hard that it has to be a sport and to do it well you must also be considered a great athlete.
Yeah.. but I have seen John Daly.. and Mickelson has man boobs that any professional bowler would be jealous of.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Did I say anywhere that everything in the Olympics were games? Nope. IMHO, for the record, a game can be a sport, not all games are sports. .

No races are not sports, they are races. There is a reason it is called the Olympic Games. .

ROFL...No, you just used the Olympics as a blanket statement and reductively placed those areas under the auspice of "game" and not "sport".

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Also I never said baseball was a hard physical sport. You are arguing that it is so physically demanding. So demanding that a chain smoking overweight duck waddles up and wins a major. GRUELING I SAY GRUELING.

I didn't say grueling, did I? There are degrees of proportionality here that you are overlooking. The only thing that I was arguing in regards to its physical difficulty is that it isn't the walk in the park that many people describe it to be. I never said it was a triathalon.

Being tougher than most people think does not mean that it is grueling. I'm sorry if you can't see that rather clear distinction.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Did I say great athlete? I said "athlete".

Many of the best hitters and pitchers in baseball couldn't sniff the jock of the 12th man on an NBA team in regards to athleticism, but that doesn't retract from baseball being a sport.

You have such a simplistic binary view of things it's pathetic. It's either 1 or 0 with no room in between.

morphius
06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
YIt's either 1 or 0 with no room in between.

It is a definition, it is allowed to be 1 or 0, otherwise why define it...

bogie
06-18-2007, 03:09 PM
WTF is going on here? Do not disrespect my game/sport. Tiger could kick the shit out of most kickers in the NFL. So youst guys just STFU!

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
It is a definition, it is allowed to be 1 or 0, otherwise why define it...

**** nuance, eh?

morphius
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM
**** nuance, eh?
I do not see a need for it in this case.

tk13
06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't think you necessarily have to be an athlete to play golf, but Tiger Woods is definitely a world-class athlete. I don't think there's any question about that. He is like a machine.

bogie
06-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't think you necessarily have to be an athlete to play golf, but Tiger Woods is definitely a world-class athlete. I don't think there's any question about that. He is like a machine.

You don't necessarily have to be an athlete to play golf, baseball, football or any other sport for that matter. However, IMO, to be at the top, you need to be an athlete. The guys that are at the top in golf, and any other professional sport have to work at it.