PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Back To Back Picks In Round 4 (Picks # 107, 108): Who Will It Be?

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 08:53 PM
Chiefs will wait for 11 picks to go by the boards before their double selection.

When it happens, they will most likely select who?

RJ
04-21-2001, 09:42 PM
Heuple, perhaps?

milkman
04-21-2001, 11:37 PM
I chose Mcmahan as the player that the Chiefs will most likely take, but agree with the general consensus that the rest of this draft should be focused on defense.

keg in kc
04-22-2001, 12:12 AM
Ditto, milkman.

Clint in Wichita
04-22-2001, 08:18 AM
My FIRST pick today, even if it is a reach, would be Bill Gramatica.

I'm telling you, if KC keeps Peterson (the kicker), he will cost the team 2 games.

NaptownChief
04-22-2001, 08:29 AM
With the way we select I can't even begin to guess what horrible picks we will make...However, I am very comfortable with the fact that we will dig up some extremely questionable picks that have no business being selected as early as we will take them....I am sure we can unearth the next Eric Downing here in the 4th round......

ExtremeChief
04-22-2001, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson from Auburn in Red and Gold...I know we need defensive help, and I hope they draft another DT or LB...but I just can picture Vermiel getting more offense.

who the hell is Downing???Oh, he's a Chief...

Gaz
04-22-2001, 08:32 AM
I am, by nature, a relatively calm person. However, using a pick that MUST go to the Defense for a kicker would cause me to push the cuss filter to the limit.

xoxo~
Gaz
Really a gentle guy. Really.

milkman
04-22-2001, 08:41 AM
I am not going to critisize the Chiefs selection of Downing, since I know very little about him.
I do like his size, and that he seemed to improve dramatically from junior to senior season. I am going to hope that, like Eric Hicks, he is a late bloomer, that with hard work and good coaching, can become a PB calibre player, and that is the reason the Chiefs selected him when they did.
Every time I think "What the $%^&?", Wesley comes to mind.

NaptownChief
04-22-2001, 08:49 AM
Milk,

We landed Hicks on sheer luck and stupidity...We didn't even draft him, we were just lucky enough to sign him as a free agent....I have a hunch had we not drafted Downing in the 3rd he too would have been someones free agent signing....

MrBlond
04-22-2001, 08:49 AM
Clint,

I agree about Grammatica. I don't care what round it is, he is the player left I most covet. Draft Fatefehi, Grammatica, a couple of guards, sign Walt Harris and lets play.

milkman
04-22-2001, 08:54 AM
Nap,
You may be right. But I learned after last season's draft that maybe the Chiefs know something I don't. So in this area, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

milkman
04-22-2001, 09:03 AM
One other thing. I've been touting Fatafehi as the possible steal of the draft if he should be there for the taking in the 3rd round. So, as you can imagine, I had to get over my disapointment when we didn't take him.
I just keep telling myself that CP always picks up defensive gems in the mid to late rounds.

But to be honest, I feel somewhat like Dorothy clicking my heels and repeating "There's no place like home, there's no place like home"

Luzap
04-22-2001, 09:07 AM
Milkman,

Is Fatafehi still available today in the 4th?

Luz
wouldn't be surprised to see us draft two def tackles...

milkman
04-22-2001, 09:12 AM
Luzap,
Yes he's still on the board at tis point.
If I was drafting, I would take him and LB Marcus Steele with my next 2 picks.

Zebedee DuBois
04-22-2001, 09:15 AM
I would love getting Fatefehe,
I am doubtful about drafting a kicker.

Luzap
04-22-2001, 09:15 AM
Milkman,

I don't follow college ball as much as many of you, but I have been thinking that we will do exactly what you just said.

Luz
which pretty much assures that something totally different will happen...

milkman
04-22-2001, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't mind taking a shot on that K-St kicker (name escapes me just now) in the sixth or seventh round.

HC_Chief
04-22-2001, 09:21 AM
I read a couple of reports on Fatafehi - they stated he is suited for a two-gap defensive system to exclusion. Outside of that, he might very well be a bust. He does not have the speed to pursue and lacks the shear size to overpower NFL linemen(295lbs).

After reading that, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall to the 5th round.

milkman
04-22-2001, 09:27 AM
HC,
What I saw of him, he looked like he had pretty good speed for his size, good quickness, and a motor that doesn't stop. That last part is why I like him so much. Players like that work hard and find ways to adjust and make plays, regardless of the system you put them in.

HC_Chief
04-22-2001, 09:30 AM
I agree milkman... every time I saw him play, I noticed the same: motor.

I hope we are the team that gives him a chance. :)

kcred
04-22-2001, 09:39 AM
So far in the 4th round, I liked every pick other teams made. Now, we take the DE from KState, and WTF is the fullback from TCU.

milkman
04-22-2001, 09:40 AM
Beisel? Layne? Huh?
Bye, Bye Mario.
Damn. Now I'm starting to get pissed!

JOhn
04-22-2001, 09:43 AM
All I can say ie WTF?!?!?!?!?!

OK I sure hope they know whats going on, but they did take a kid from Pine Bluff last year.................

Well I've had all the excitement I can handle, off to mow the yard with my new riding mower :D