PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Chiefs' Fri/Sat

Archie F. Swin
04-21-2001, 09:01 PM
my head is spinning . . . I dont have much to say at this time.

I hope Snoop doesn't f**k up like Vanover did

AJKCFAN
04-21-2001, 09:19 PM
Sure... minus Holmes (we could have moved up to take Henry, or stayed pat to take Barlow or simply sign Holmes after being closed out on the Draft).

Made me think once Holmes signed, McAllister would have never been chosen, whether we had # 12 or not...

Could've had someone better than Brister. Good God, we could still draft Weinke, who'd be a mature rookie. Minnis would be proud to have him.

Also, wish I had something to drink....

So, I voted for combo special at bottom, with fried rice and eggroll

Mosbonian
04-21-2001, 09:23 PM
Sure . . . minus Brister
. . . minus Green
. . . minus Horne
. . . minus Downing

Sorry but we paid too much for all of the above..

mmaddog

RJ
04-21-2001, 09:25 PM
Sure, minus the last 3 days.

I wish I could find the plus in all of this but I just can't. Guess one man's silver lining is another man's cloud.

Archie F. Swin
04-21-2001, 09:31 PM
Now, I know that my football instinct, knowledge, insight, vocabulary, prowess, aptitude, and fortitude is about as thorough as the Royals pitching staff . . . but I really can't argue with what I've seen since January 1st.

I'm really having visions about the Chiefs becoming one of the NFL's elite. I think we're gonna have a team worth cheering for.

"Another Boulevard Pale Ale Please!"

Mosbonian
04-21-2001, 09:44 PM
CRP:

I will cheer for them with all my being...but Carl is trying to make it hard to do.

mmaddog

Archie F. Swin
04-21-2001, 10:01 PM
What gives with the Saints and McAllister?

The Cowboys and Quincy Carter?

shakesthecat
04-21-2001, 11:21 PM
C'mon fella's, this team is SO much better than it was at the end of last year it's snot funny!

Drinkin'...sure.

You can't always get what you want.....

alanm
04-22-2001, 03:03 AM
Guys, We're going to be just fine.. Trust me :D I'm almost never wrong. Now maybe I'll feel a lot better after I see who we pick up today.

old_geezer
04-22-2001, 05:34 AM
CRP

I'm with you. I think all the people we signed will make us a better team. I also understand Holmes is a very good receiver out of the backfield which makes him perfect for our new system.
I look at the glass as half full (but I'll take care of that real soon). :D

Phobia
04-22-2001, 09:19 AM
Yeah, you mean something like Tamarick Vanover?

Archie F. Swin
04-22-2001, 09:33 AM
ok . . . . umm . . . I think I may edit that comment (post #1) slightly.

((C.R Pants feeling a little queasy))

ROYC75
04-23-2001, 07:24 AM
I thought the "Snoop " pick was a prayer,lots of talent with moves and running patterns,not much speed,kinda like a Lockett ! Hope he stays clean along with Horn...couple of ?'s for us ! Layne ? What in tarnation is going on here ? Crap,our Rbacks roster is full ! Waisted $$$$ spent here,IMHO. We have TRich, Moreau could bach that spot up ! Mike Cloud is bound to be gone now that Holmes is here!Maybe he could hang on by bust'n his but on ST's. Daunte Hall...this kid is toast that Holmes is here,along with Horne ! His only prayer is WR if he can catch it on the fly !
Our pic's...not overly impressed by them itself,but keep in mind that it is only our 3-7 pic's. Throw in what we got for our trade and FA pickups...rate it all together a
B ! We have improved a bit, plus the dead meat we have cut has helped. Only wished we had gotten a very good runstopper....DT or MLB !

Maybe with the right coaching we can spilt all of our divisional games,win all the home games,beat AZ and Jxvlle and maybe sqeak in the playoffs ! I SAID MAYBE !

Our sch. is tuff and IMHO....every team in our division has improved themselve far and above what we have !

SD is better,much better,plus a weaker sch....? Who knows what they will be,I hope for a spilt here

Denver has improved and with ,once again a weaker sch...probally the favorite to win the division !

Oakland...They drafted good,not as well as they could have. I feel the leftover firepower from last year will not help to much this year. Garner is a good p/u for Kaufman....But Gannon will not have the same year and will probally get injured,which will leave to much on Hoying ! Just my HO jq !

Seattle.....ouch ! They will be tuff next year,but the following year...thank goodness they will leave our division...go back to the NFC mike'e baby !

I hope for a spilt in divisional games,gotta win all home games,gotta get AZ.....and finally a win in Jax. to have a chance for playoffs !

BTA......who knows....anything is possible in the NFL.