PDA

View Full Version : Well, this looks weird (Green in KC Star)

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5262/64xtrentgreen0618070618ib9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Green could collect some mean green

Although former Chiefs quarterback Trent Green took a cut in pay when he recently signed a three-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, Green can still have a very lucrative 2007 season.

In fact, according to ESPN.com, Green could earn more this season with the Dolphins than he could have with the Chiefs.

Under his Chiefs contract, Green had a 2007 base salary of $7.2 million.

But Green will have the opportunity to top that $7.2 million if he collects on incentives and bonuses built into his Miami contract.

According to league salary documents, Green received a $1 million signing bonus in his new, three-year contract with the Dolphins and will receive a workout bonus of $100,000. His base salary for 2007 is $1.5 million.

There is a $3.4 million roster bonus that represents more than half of Green’s compensation for this season, and it is paid at a rate of $200,000 per week if Green is on the active roster. Assuming he is on the roster for all 17 weeks of the season, he will collect the entire $3.4 million, bringing his total compensation to $6 million.

Green can earn even more if he leads Miami deep into the playoffs.

InChiefsHeaven
06-18-2007, 08:25 AM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5262/64xtrentgreen0618070618ib9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Green could collect some mean green

Although former Chiefs quarterback Trent Green took a cut in pay when he recently signed a three-year deal with the Miami Dolphins, Green can still have a very lucrative 2007 season.

In fact, according to ESPN.com, Green could earn more this season with the Dolphins than he could have with the Chiefs.

Under his Chiefs contract, Green had a 2007 base salary of $7.2 million.

But Green will have the opportunity to top that $7.2 million if he collects on incentives and bonuses built into his Miami contract.

According to league salary documents, Green received a $1 million signing bonus in his new, three-year contract with the Dolphins and will receive a workout bonus of $100,000. His base salary for 2007 is $1.5 million.

There is a $3.4 million roster bonus that represents more than half of Green’s compensation for this season, and it is paid at a rate of $200,000 per week if Green is on the active roster. Assuming he is on the roster for all 17 weeks of the season, he will collect the entire $3.4 million, bringing his total compensation to $6 million.

Green can earn even more if he leads Miami deep into the playoffs.

Yeah. I hate that picture. Good luck Trent...

HonestChieffan
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
you all wanted brodie.

InChiefsHeaven
06-18-2007, 08:38 AM
you all wanted brodie.

True, but that doesn't make this any easier to look at. I'd rather he would have retired.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Weird.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/4509/greenvx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

StcChief
06-18-2007, 08:48 AM
It's gonna be weird seeing him playing for the 'Fins.

Best of luck, have a good year. We wanna 4th rounder

BigMeatballDave
06-18-2007, 09:01 AM
I just don't get attached to players like that. Best of luck to him, but I am glad he is gone. He played his heart out here. It was time for him to move on. I am thrilled we are finally getting young. Looking at that picture of Trent does not bother me in the least...

blueballs
06-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Miami bust

Sure-Oz
06-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Best of luck to Trent, definetly does look weird as a phin. I still think what we are doing is the smartest move for the chiefs, regardless how the situation played out.

jAZ
06-18-2007, 09:10 AM
I think pushing Green out was a mistake that didn't need to be made. There is nothing wrong with 1 more year of Green starting w/ Brodie on the bench.

It's not at all out of the ordinary for a 3rd RD QB to learn for 2 seasons before being handed the keys.

I see the need next year, but I don't see it this year. If Brodie works out well, then I'll own up and admit Herm was right. But for now...

htismaqe
06-18-2007, 09:21 AM
I think pushing Green out was a mistake that didn't need to be made. There is nothing wrong with 1 more year of Green starting w/ Brodie on the bench.

It's not at all out of the ordinary for a 3rd RD QB to learn for 2 seasons before being handed the keys.

I see the need next year, but I don't see it this year. If Brodie works out well, then I'll own up and admit Herm was right. But for now...

Sorry, but that's just BS.

Croyle has learned the playbook. There's no reason to hold the clipboard for 2 years - if he can't get it straight in 1 season, he'll never get it straight.

What he needs to learn at this point can only be learned on the field. Keeping Green for a year just delays the inevitable.

It's best to let Croyle learn, and inevitably struggle, while the team is still building.

It would be a crying shame for all of the pieces to come together next year and still be breaking in a brand new QB.

unothadeal
06-18-2007, 09:36 AM

Croyle has learned the playbook. There's no reason to hold the clipboard for 2 years - if he can't get it straight in 1 season, he'll never get it straight.

What he needs to learn at this point can only be learned on the field. Keeping Green for a year just delays the inevitable.

It's best to let Croyle learn, and inevitably struggle, while the team is still building.

It would be a crying shame for all of the pieces to come together next year and still be breaking in a brand new QB.
Yes.

Coogs
06-18-2007, 09:41 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Redcoats58
06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
If you bench a QB for two years and then groom them all you are doing most of the time is grooming them for another team.

GoHuge
06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I say well done Trent and to his agent.

On another note, define irony: The Dolphins wanted to dick the Chiefs around with trading Trent. Now they've got a much bigger problem on their hands with Culpepper than the Chiefs every had with Trent.

I love it! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Now who looks stupid!

kepp
06-18-2007, 10:12 AM

Yep...and I'm looking forward to our receivers not having to wait for the ball on fly/go routes.

TinyEvel
06-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Trent "Green"

BigMeatballDave
06-18-2007, 11:16 AM

I see the need next year, but I don't see it this year. If Brodie works out well, then I'll own up and admit Herm was right. But for now...Why oh why are people afraid to start a young QB aorund here? WTF?

DaneMcCloud
06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Why oh why are people afraid to start a young QB aorund here? WTF?

Fear of the unknown. It's really only happened once in the history of the Chiefs and that was Blackledge.

Chiefs fans act as if the Chiefs are the first and only team to draft a QB in the top ten that turned out to be a bust. And since that didn't turn out so well, we'd better not do it again...

InChiefsHeaven
06-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Fear of the unknown. It's really only happened once in the history of the Chiefs and that was Blackledge.

Chiefs fans act as if the Chiefs are the first and only team to draft a QB in the top ten that turned out to be a bust. And since that didn't turn out so well, we'd better not do it again...

Exactly...hell, I barely remember the "Blackledge Incident". I'm so looking forward to developing a QB...we haven't even tried to in OVER 20 SEASONS!! Wake up people! :shake:

tk13
06-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, plus starting a young QB usually means some growing pains. People are used to winning now. There's about a 150% chance we're going to see several "bust" threads this season.

Reerun_KC
06-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, plus starting a young QB usually means some growing pains. People are used to winning now. There's about a 150% chance we're going to see several "bust" threads this season.

Winning what? The Chiefs havent won shit in 38 years and only one real playoff run in the Montana era.....

Chiefs fans aren't used to winning anything that matters.

tk13
06-18-2007, 12:24 PM
A win now philosophy. For the last 20 years we've had a "win now" philosophy. Whether we've won anything is irrelevant, we've never gone through any kind of rebuilding project.

BigMeatballDave
06-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, plus starting a young QB usually means some growing pains. People are used to winning now. There's about a 150% chance we're going to see several "bust" threads this season.We should impose a temporary ban on thoes that do...

chagrin
06-18-2007, 02:06 PM
you all wanted brodie.

Nope, not all of us - Frankly, Brodie scares me

htismaqe
06-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Nope, not all of us - Frankly, Brodie scares me

?!?!?!

What's the deal with the whole "blankie" mentality?

blueballs
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Trent took chances
it is who he is
Herm hates risk