PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Steak and Shake in KC? I have some scoop on Trent Green and Vermeil.

tommykat
04-22-2001, 12:30 AM
Trent love Steak and Shake...Talked with a friend tonight and found that out. He has 3 jersey's signed by him. And Vermeil likes antique places. Also found out Trent was on our BB under the name of TMSTL...Kind of fun finding out things..:D

Just some hints of what he likes...

tommykat
04-22-2001, 12:37 AM
I know you all are laughing...but honestly I am just trying to pass on what I know to be true. My friend says he is really a nice guy. Just trying to lighten up things.

DaWolf
04-22-2001, 12:38 AM
Whatever we may think of the trade, I must admit I came away feeling much better about it all after watching the news conference. He seems like a real quality guy and a winner.

Of course, Whitlock is right, Carl and Co need to stop comparing him to Montana and let him establish himself instead of making him have to live up to expectations...

http://chiefszone.com/images/042101/chief.green.jpg

milkman
04-22-2001, 12:41 AM
Tommy,
I kinda, sorta, almost vaguely remember TMSTL. Didn't do or say much to make himself stand out.

tommykat
04-22-2001, 12:46 AM
COOL pic Wolf.....no Trent laid low..he just wanted to start and was seeing what was going on. NOW..if you all have a Steak and Shake someone BETTER get me a jersey signed!;)

Rausch
04-22-2001, 01:07 AM
Wow....after my posts he'd probably throw a fast one right at my air hole....

Still not sure this should have been done...Carl must be on drugs to compare him to Montana...

keg in kc
04-22-2001, 01:11 AM
Hear that, Brad, I think I was in an argument with TMSTL once about how unimpressed I was with Green's play in Washington (which is true, I wasn't impressed...).

Go figure...

tommykat
04-22-2001, 01:29 AM
Kyle,
Now if you see him you owe me a jersey signed..LOL

Joe Seahawk
04-22-2001, 01:59 AM
test

DaWolf
04-22-2001, 02:24 AM
That's pretty damn funny if we were arguing Trent's worth with himself. At least he knows we expect a lot from him. It should get him motivated.

I'm sure he'd realize that in a pissing match between St Louis and KC, on a KC board, if you're a St Louisan, especially with those trolls there, you will get pissed on.

I guess the down side to Green being our QB is we have a St Louis native leading our team. Of course we can point out that the only reason they won a ring is because KC native Mike Jones made a tackle. :)

old_geezer
04-22-2001, 07:14 AM
I was one of those opposed to the Green trade as I pointed out several times that the Rams were asking too much for a backup QB (which he was) with a bum knee (which he still has according to Vermeil himself as quoted in the KC Star yesterday).
However, the risks of the trade were lessened IMO with the throw-in of Horne and removal of 3rd round pick.
Green is now our QB and I will support him and keep my fingers crossed about his knee..
BTW I'm posting several times this morning cause I was having trouble getting here last night. Anyone else have troubles?

keg in kc
04-22-2001, 07:27 AM
I didn't have any trouble getting on here last night.

The Star BB, now that's another story, but hell, the way that board's been lately, I should probably count my blessings...

htismaqe
04-22-2001, 08:05 AM
the problems lately have been due to routing on the internet...that's why myself and geezer have problems and keg doesn't

ExtremeChief
04-22-2001, 09:27 AM
Lets see if I can hit some of these...

I couldn't get on last night either...I tried for hours...

I was in St. Louis in May, went to Steak and Shake, waited for 20 minutes to get served, (they weren't busy) and ended up leaving. Steak and Shake sucks.

I am much happier with Green, Horne, and a 5th than I would have been with Dilfer, McCallister. Compared to the ultimatum earlier in the year of 1st, 3rd, and paying 500K I think they did well. I still think we paid too much for a backup QB, but our options are limited.

I feel that KC is going to put a pretty good product on the field this year. I have regained some excitement that honestly wasn't there a month ago.

Who the hell is Downing??? He's ranked as the 29th best DT on sporting news website...I can't figure that one out.

The acquisition of Minnis may be good...he's the man Charlie Joyner wanted. If Charlie is happy, then so am I. Although I would have prefered Kasper.

Ok, maybe that makes up for not getting on last night.

damn my fingers are sore...

tommykat
04-22-2001, 11:06 AM
I had a lot of trouble getting on here last night too! That's how I ended up on the Rams board..LOL. But once they asked if I was a female, then I started getting the Royal treatmen...:). They were really nice and started telling me all kinds of good things about Trent and DV, and Horne. They are truely sorry that they lost them. That is something we knew, but just nice to hear it from the Rams fans....:D

HC_Chief
04-22-2001, 11:16 AM
Hey, I like Steak & Shake! They have some of the best shakes in town... burgers are pretty drn good too! (don't like those fires though - 'shoestring'... blecchhh)