PDA

View Full Version : Say the Chiefs squeak into playoffs... then win Superbowl, the next season they...

Ari Chi3fs
06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Suck as bad as the Baseball Cardinals do this year... Was the Championship worth it, knowing that it was a complete fluke?

Phobia
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Uh - yes.

Pitt Gorilla
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Yes. The Cards weren't any good last year, either. They played in the NL and, somehow, the terrible Tigers got in the Series (recall the Royals swept them the last regular season of the year). However, a championship is a championship. It would have been like the Chiefs winning it all last season. They weren't very good, but we would have taken it.

Simplex3
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
As long as the Chiefs didn't cheat to get it (Donks) I'd be fine with it.

Pestilence
06-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Hell yes because not only do we come out of it with a championship....but we also get a top 10 pick in the draft the year after.

Simply Red
06-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Or- "thrilled w/ it?"

ROYC75
06-18-2007, 09:27 PM

Oh come on now, you know there isn't a Donkey alive that will admit they cheated.

Frazod
06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Suck as bad as the Baseball Cardinals do this year... Was the Championship worth it, knowing that it was a complete fluke?

I love all you idiots who seem to think that a bad season somehow erases a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Does it suck for me that the Cards are so bad this year? Of course. I won't deny that it's embarrassing. But until the final out of the 2007 World Series, they are THE CHAMPIONS. I got two tickets to a Cards/Cubs game at Wrigley in August for my birthday. When I go, I'll be wearing the colors of the defending champions. Win or lose, that can't be taken away.

Pitt Gorilla
06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I love all you idiots who seem to think that a bad season somehow erases a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.Did anyone come close to saying that or are you making up sh!t?

Frazod
06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Did anyone come close to saying that or are you making up sh!t?

Christ, read any Royals/Cards game thread. They don't come right out and say it, but it's loudly implied.

Baconeater
06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
I'd be fine with it, even if we did cheat.

Pitt Gorilla
06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Christ, read any Royals/Cards game thread. They don't come right out and say it, but it's loudly implied.I thought the "you idiots" part might refer to the current thread and those reading it. I guess I'll have to look back through the game thread.

Frazod
06-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I thought the "you idiots" part might refer to the current thread and those reading it. I guess I'll have to look back through the game thread.

You are not one of the idiots in question. :)

BigRedChief
06-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Last year I got to share seeing my team win a World Championship in person with my son.

You tell me...What would you endure as a fan to have that moment?

OctoberFart
06-18-2007, 10:21 PM
The only time Kansas City and Superbowl should be in same sentence is when talking about SB sites.

BWillie
06-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I love all you idiots who seem to think that a bad season somehow erases a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Does it suck for me that the Cards are so bad this year? Of course. I won't deny that it's embarrassing. But until the final out of the 2007 World Series, they are THE CHAMPIONS. I got two tickets to a Cards/Cubs game at Wrigley in August for my birthday. When I go, I'll be wearing the colors of the defending champions. Win or lose, that can't be taken away.

Yeah, you also can't take away the fact that your ace is Kip Wells, and your #2 man is Todd freaking Wellemeyer. Have fun with that.

Rain Man
06-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I think I would take 35 seasons of mediocrity and embarrassing seasons to get one Super Bowl, because that would mean we're going to win the Super Bowl this year.

Mr Luzcious
06-18-2007, 10:24 PM
I'd be fine with it, even if we did cheat.

Well said.

Reaper16
06-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh, Hell yes! Besides, the Cards win wasn't even a fluke; that was a good nucleus that had won a lot fo games together.

Frazod
06-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah, you also can't take away the fact that your ace is Kip Wells, and your #2 man is Todd freaking Wellemeyer. Have fun with that.

I just put on my nice, new CURRENT World Series Championship hat. Just for you and all the rest of you hybrid Royal/Gayhawk jerkoff losers who have raised envy and bitterness to an art form. Makes me feel better. How about you?

Demonpenz
06-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I think mostly the off the field stuff has tarnished the world series not the horrible team. Although in baseball it truely is hard to go first to worst in one year.

Ugly Duck
06-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh come on now, you know there isn't a Donkey alive that will admit they cheated.I admit they cheated - does that count?

Frazod
06-18-2007, 10:55 PM
I think mostly the off the field stuff has tarnished the world series not the horrible team. Although in baseball it truely is hard to go first to worst in one year.

Lots of bad things have happened. Losing Weaver and Suppan hurt. Mulder's still hurt (and who knows if his useless ass will ever be worth anything anyway?). Then LaRussa embarrassed the organization with his DUI. Then Carpenter went down. Then Hancock got himself killed. Then Molina went down. Now Eckstein is hurt. Plus older players like Rolen and Edmonds are clearly on the waaaaaaaay downhill slide. Add to that the fact that the defending champs always get the best effort from the competition, and shit, that's alot to overcome. Not asking for or expecting any sympathy, and I know that it's always enjoyable to watch a hated rival get knocked off the top perch.

But at least they were on the top perch.

Direckshun
06-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Wait -- did the Steelers have to give back their rings?

Frazod
06-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Wait -- did the Steelers have to give back their rings?

No. Those rings were purchased for them by the referees.

OctoberFart
06-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Is this thread a feable attempt at smack talking the cardinals?

Frazod
06-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Is this thread a feable attempt at smack talking the cardinals?

Yes.

huskerdooz
06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
In a heartbeat.

In fact as a Royal fan, I'd gladly trade places with the Redbird fans.

Mr. Laz
06-18-2007, 11:46 PM
at this point, i'd take a super bowl just about anyway i could get it.

hell, a playoff win even ........ :sulk:

Mr. Laz
06-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes.
John Buck

Frazod
06-18-2007, 11:51 PM
John Buck

What about him?

listopencil
06-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Stupid question. Who gives a shit what happens the next year if your team can pull off a Super Bowl win? Our second one was pure gravy. We had some of the absolute shittiest drafts I've ever seen right after that and I just didn't care.

big nasty kcnut
06-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Hell yeah and then my dad and me would be wearing our chiefs championship gears.

Guru
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I just want to taste a SuperBowl win again.

Reerun_KC
06-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Hell I would settle for a decent preformance in a playoff game... That shit Herm pulled last year ranks in the top 3 of the most pathetic showings in the history of the NFL playoffs....

I think if the Chiefs won a playoff game, the fans of KC would riot, rape and pilage downtown KC as if the Chiefs won the Stanley Cup...

Lets just build a team that can competitively compete in the playoffs before we talk about the Superbowl...

htismaqe
06-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Hell I would settle for a decent preformance in a playoff game... That shit Herm pulled last year ranks in the top 3 of the most pathetic showings in the history of the NFL playoffs....

I think if the Chiefs won a playoff game, the fans of KC would riot, rape and pilage downtown KC as if the Chiefs won the Stanley Cup...

Lets just build a team that can competitively compete in the playoffs before we talk about the Superbowl...

In terms of Chiefs playoffs games, I'd put last year's at number 2.

Right after "not forcing a punt in an entire 4 quarters of football".

htismaqe
06-19-2007, 07:52 AM

As if any Cardinals fan cares.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Royal fans take pettiness and embitterment to a new level.

It must be pretty pathetic to know that you can't take any joy from your own team, and have to live vicariously through the struggles of another the year after they just won the World f*cking Series

Iowanian
06-19-2007, 08:11 AM
It must be worth it.

The Royals have won a world championship since the Riadurs have, and those window lickers still jump up and down about it.

TrickyNicky
06-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Sorry, but anyway you slice it, beating four of the top 16 teams in a row, three on the road, would NOT be a fluke. So hell yes, I would take it.

Logical
06-19-2007, 10:41 AM
In terms of Chiefs playoffs games, I'd put last year's at number 2.

Right after "not forcing a punt in an entire 4 quarters of football".I am sorry I at least enjoyed the excitement of the Vermiel playoff game. no way it ranks higher than last years pathetic effort. Matter of fact the 10 to 7 loss to Indy under Schittenheimer also ranks as worse. So Vermiels playoff is only 3rd.

Count Zarth
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Matter of fact the 10 to 0 loss to Indy under Schittenheimer also ranks as worse.

10-7.

Logical
06-19-2007, 10:44 AM
10-7.You are right my mistake

the Talking Can
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
there are no fluke Superbowl Champions....hell yes I'd take it....

you'd have to be Osama Bin Laden to say no to that...really, you'd have to hate America...

Baby Lee
06-19-2007, 10:48 AM
That shit Herm pulled last year ranks in the top 3 of the most pathetic showings in the history of the NFL playoffs....
You haven't seen many playoff games I take it.

Hell, I can think of 5 worse showings just by the Vikings alone.
Imagination leaps to some classic crapola by Favre and Marino in just the last decade.
Heck, getting shutout against the Chargers in 92 [1/93] was worse for this very team, with a limited palette of games to chose from.

I'd even argue that the glimmer of life on D negating the suckiness of the O last season, is roughly equivalent to the performance of the O valiantly trying to cover the soul-killing suckiness of the D in the 03 season ender AT HOME.

FAX
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
I'd say yes. A SuperBowl under any circumstances is better than none at all. Especially if it were to occur in my lifetime.

Frankly, I'm just looking forward to a playoff victory at this point. Baby steps, you know.

FAX

Hydrae
06-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I had to go against the grain and vote no. I would love a Super Bowl for KC, without a doubt! But sucking the following season (s) would be painful. I enjoy believing we have a chance at the Super Bowl every year. I would rather be competitive every year than a boom or bust team.

And yes, I believe we have a shot this year. The defense has been dramatically improved and the offense should be able to hold it's own. Whether that is enough or not, time will tell. But I believe!!!

StcChief
06-19-2007, 11:25 AM

I'd take a Chief SB and follow it with some bad years anyday.

and the Cubs are closing on 100 years without a Championship (1908). :p

Natty_Light_Man
06-19-2007, 11:46 AM

The cardinals in previous years to winning the World Series have been in the playoffs, done very well, and came up short.
3 years back beat a very competitive Houston team to lose to Boston.
2 years ago lost in the play-offs.

Last year won the World Series not in just winning a wildcard birth, a couple of more games. Playing a best of 5 vs. SD with SD having home field adv. , same with the Mets ,at the time, hottest time in baseball, the Pond scum Mets, and finally the American league champs, Detroit, which had home field advantage, beat teams to make it to this stage and finally lost to the most unworthy of opponents. The STL Cardinals.

2006 STL Cardinals, 2 gold glovers, Sporting news, NL Pitcher of the year 2nd largest attendance in all of baseball. The unworthiness to be able to string 11 wins at the end of the season when no one else could..

Unworthy - DUMB @$$

I like the chiefs and get frustrasted with their inability to win important games. Do not take this out on teams that can.

Natty_Light_Man
06-19-2007, 11:49 AM

And is your avatar supposed to be Bowe:fire:

htismaqe
06-19-2007, 01:36 PM
I am sorry I at least enjoyed the excitement of the Vermiel playoff game. no way it ranks higher than last years pathetic effort. Matter of fact the 10 to 7 loss to Indy under Schittenheimer also ranks as worse. So Vermiels playoff is only 3rd.

Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

The playoff loss under Vermeil was the worst. We got stonewalled against the Colts last year. We tried and they stopped us.

That's far different than getting somebody's else's will imposed upon you.

Spott
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
If we ever did win it, it would have to be a fluke.

Logical
06-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

The playoff loss under Vermeil was the worst. We got stonewalled against the Colts last year. We tried and they stopped us.

That's far different than getting somebody's else's will imposed upon you.

I like exciting football you evidently are OK with boring football. People differ which explains our differing ratings.

Count Zarth
06-19-2007, 02:51 PM
I like exciting football you evidently are OK with boring football. People differ which explains our differing ratings.

Winning football is exciting.

Ebolapox
06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
stupidest poll ever. I'd give almost anything for a chiefs SB win...

JBucc
06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
In this situation of course you would choose the Super Bowl. If however you made it more like the Royals, and after that Super Bowl you would be the worst team in the league for two decades, then I'd have to think about it.

Reerun_KC
06-19-2007, 02:53 PM
IF the Chiefs ever make it to a superbowl, Chiefsplanet would most likely shutdown or be on full nOOb alert!

Baby Lee
06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Correction, you find lots of offense and hapless defense 'exciting.' Htis finds it embarassing.

I'll take DT calling a safety, or Neil Smith pulling O-linemen out of their stances out of fear, over Trent and Co piling up points in the 4th with the game nearly out of reach any day.

But I see your point. That's probably why the pinball FB of the arena league is the most popular sport on earth. Guess that's also why the NBA is the cream of the crop and the NFL is languishing. :p

Reerun_KC
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Correction, you find lots of offense and hapless defense 'exciting.' Htis finds it embarassing.

I'll take DT calling a safety, or Neil Smith pulling O-linemen out of their stances out of fear, over Trent and Co piling up points in the 4th with the game nearly out of reach any day.

But I see your point. That's probably why the pinball FB of the arena league is the most popular sport on earth. Guess that's also why the NBA is the cream of the crop and the NFL is languishing. :p

Just score and score alot... You can never score to much, even on the road. Never settle for pinning them deep or punting and playing defense, anything less is a failure... Do whatever it takes to beat your opponent when you have the ball...

OnTheWarpath58
06-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes. The Cards weren't any good last year, either. They played in the NL and, somehow, the terrible Tigers got in the Series (recall the Royals swept them the last regular season of the year). However, a championship is a championship. It would have been like the Chiefs winning it all last season. They weren't very good, but we would have taken it.

The terrible Tigers who won 95 games in the regular season?

Who were picked by every expert out there to sweep the Cardinals in the WS?

Sure, the Cardinals only won 83 games in a weak division. But they did enough to make the postseason, then were the BEST team in baseball during the month of October.

There's no such thing as the "worst team to win a Championship." Winning 3 baseball series or several football games to win it all is not a fluke.

Championships are not given away, they are earned. Earned by even getting to the postseason, then being the best of the best during the playoffs.

So, to answer the question, gimme the Championship.

Count Zarth
06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Do whatever it takes to beat your opponent when you have the ball...

Let's put lots of seven-step drops in the gameplan! Offensive tackles be damned!

Reerun_KC
06-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Let's put lots of seven-step drops in the gameplan! Offensive tackles be damned!

Usually you have some very solid statements and comebacks... But this was pretty weak...

You know as well as I do, we dont have the team or lines for 7 step drops...

Dont be a goober...

Baby Lee
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Do whatever it takes to beat your opponent when you have the ball...
Lovely sentiment, perfect encapsulation. Oblivious to the effect we can have when we don't have the ball. Oblivious to the exilaration of fans can experience when we exert our will when we don't have the ball.

Eff pitching and fielding in baseball. Eff blocking and trapping in basketball. Chuck that sumbitch up there and hope we can hold 'em off even though we ignored 1/2 the game.

Count Zarth
06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
You know as well as I do, we dont have the team or lines for 7 step drops...

Which is why it might be a good decision to punt on 4th-and-10 from the 40 instead of going for it...

OnTheWarpath58
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
No. Those rings were purchased for them by the referees.

I guess beating the top 3 seeds in the AFC on the road didn't hurt either....

htismaqe
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Winning football is exciting.

It's not just that.

In the playoffs last year, we ran a bullshit gameplan and it showed. Our defense showed up, our offense didn't, and we got beat.

In 2003, the Colts offense straight-up made us their bitches.

88TG88
06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
IF the Chiefs ever make it to a superbowl, Chiefsplanet would most likely shutdown or be on full nOOb alert!
ya ur probably right

Hell, this place almost collapsed when the 9'ers beat the donks.