PDA

View Full Version : woohoo!!!! Free Xbox 360 games for life! :D

pr_capone
06-19-2007, 12:03 AM
I just purchased a Samsung SH-D162C drive as it is the only drive in the entire world that will read Xbox 360 games with a modified firmware. They normally sell for about $60, but I was able to pick one up for $45 (less than the cost of one game).

I could have downloaded the games but I would run the risk of it being mis-labeled by either being he wrong game or the wrong region (PAL vs NTSC). Also, I run the risk of being pinched downloading the games. Now it is just a matter of running to my local Blockbuster video and picking up a game, burning it, and DONE!

This little drive has just made it entirely worthwhile to own a 360.

Now I just have to replace the faulty drive in the xbox (does not like burned games and I get a dirty disk error all the time) and I am done. I will sell my old drive on ebay and recoup about half of my cost in getting the replacement drive.

Basically.... I just paid $75 after it is all said and done to have every xbox 360 game I could ever want!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... lets break it down a bit, eh?

2 games at the average retail cost of $60 per game = $120
Game rental on those 2 games = $6
Media to burn the games per disk = $1.50
Total value to me = $111

Cost of Samsung Drive = $45
Cost of replacement drive = $60
Minus my selling my old drive = -$40
Total out of pocket = $65

Total value to me after only 2 game burnings = $114
Total out of pocket = $65

That means that after only 2 games, I am ahead $46 dollars!

jidar
06-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Um... I don't know what you mean.

I'm fairly certain that the process of ripping a commercial game is not as simple as all of that.

It's true that with your new drive you can flash the firmware on it and then play burned games, but the images you burn to make those games are actually pretty difficult to create yourself which is why the whole world downloads them instead. You cannot just rent a game and copy it in your computers dvd burner with nero or blindwrite if that's what you're thinking.

As for getting pinched... my advice is to use usenet, otherwise torrents aren't really that much of a risk anyway as long as you don't leave them running for long.

BWillie
06-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Remember when you told me I was a criminal when I didn't know if I was going to report an extra 1000 dollars that my bank accidently put into my bank account... HMMMM??? I see some similarities don't you?

Guru
06-19-2007, 12:22 AM
THIEF!!!! THIEF!!!! LMAO

Fruit Ninja
06-19-2007, 12:25 AM
I know what you mean, but if you go online your shit will be blackflagged. To me its not worth it. Live is to good.

jidar
06-19-2007, 12:26 AM
I know what you mean, but if you go online your shit will be blackflagged. To me its not worth it. Live is to good.

iawtp

pr_capone
06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Um... I don't know what you mean.

I'm fairly certain that the process of ripping a commercial game is not as simple as all of that.

It's true that with your new drive you can flash the firmware on it and then play burned games, but the images you burn to make those games are actually pretty difficult to create yourself which is why the whole world downloads them instead. You cannot just rent a game and copy it in your computers dvd burner with nero or blindwrite if that's what you're thinking.

As for getting pinched... my advice is to use usenet, otherwise torrents aren't really that much of a risk anyway as long as you don't leave them running for long.

There is software available that does all the work for you such as xbox backup creator. It REALLY is that simple. The difficult part is creating the sectors but CloneCD will automatically do that for you as well. :D

Remember when you told me I was a criminal when I didn't know if I was going to report an extra 1000 dollars that may bank accidently put into my bank account... HMMMM??? I see some similarities don't you?

LMFAO - I love you man :D

pr_capone
06-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Meh..... I don't play on-line anyhow. If I play on-line it is on my PC, this is strictly for single player use... unless I have someone over.

jidar
06-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Meh..... I don't play on-line anyhow. If I play on-line it is on my PC, this is strictly for single player use... unless I have someone over.

I'm a Live convert. I used to be all about PC online gaming but frankly the online experience on Live is superior to PC gaming in almost every way. The arcade is freaking sweet... in fact I'm playing Worms right now.

TinyEvel
06-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Thank you, the feds aer on their way (right after they stop at the home of the guy who's trying to fake the drug test)

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2007, 12:55 AM
oh cool that's so cool can i have autographs

88TG88
06-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Thank you, the feds aer on their way (right after they stop at the home of the guy who's trying to fake the drug test)
NARC !!

:p

pr_capone
06-19-2007, 01:02 AM
oh cool that's so cool can i have autographs

Definately, I'll send you a glossy 8x10 as soon as I get around to it. :D

DenverChief
06-19-2007, 01:24 AM
WTF Is going on here? PFC do I need to contact CID to get your 20 and have the local county mounty come have a visit?

Guru
06-19-2007, 01:38 AM
WTF Is going on here? PFC do I need to contact CID to get your 20 and have the local county mounty come have a visit?
Damn acronyms.

DenverChief
06-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Damn acronyms.

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/justice.gif

Fire Me Boy!
06-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Nuthin' quite like piracy. :shake:

cookster50
06-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Yeah, this isn't something I'd be posting on the net if I was you.

Fire Me Boy!
06-19-2007, 07:39 AM
I hope you get caught.

Cave Johnson
06-19-2007, 07:50 AM
For curiosity's sake, what are you replacing the original 360 HD with?

jidar
06-19-2007, 08:16 AM
For curiosity's sake, what are you replacing the original 360 HD with?

He's not. He's replacing the optical drive.

wilas101
06-19-2007, 08:20 AM
I guess we see who's next to join Hitler with a revoked Xbox Live account.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-19-2007, 08:28 AM
What program do you use to circumvent Securerom, or whatever the f*ck they use to encrypt commercial games?

rageeumr
06-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I modded my original xbox. It was way easier than I expected. I've been kicking around the idea of doing the same to my 360. For me, though, I almost can't justify the cost. I really only play a few sports games and guitar hero when I'm drunk.

Cochise
06-19-2007, 09:13 AM
What program do you use to circumvent Securerom, or whatever the f*ck they use to encrypt commercial games?

I have a Securom story.

I bought Silent Hunter 4, for the PC. Securom is built in. So I put the DVD in my computer's drive, install the game, then when I try to play it, I get a dialog box that says "insert the original disk instead of a copy". Only I AM using the original disk. There's no avenue given to fix the problem, no recourse except email support@crapasssoftware.com, I mean, securom.com.

I went back and forth with them for two weeks, during which time they suggested innovative solutions like restarting my computer and re-installing the game. They also gave me a new version of the game's executable which didn't run - it blew up with a different error even earlier than the message I was seeing before.

Freaking morons.

DenverChief
06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
I have a Securom story.

I bought Silent Hunter 4, for the PC. Securom is built in. So I put the DVD in my computer's drive, install the game, then when I try to play it, I get a dialog box that says "insert the original disk instead of a copy". Only I AM using the original disk. There's no avenue given to fix the problem, no recourse except email support@crapasssoftware.com, I mean, securom.com.

I went back and forth with them for two weeks, during which time they suggested innovative solutions like restarting my computer and re-installing the game. They also gave me a new version of the game's executable which didn't run - it blew up with a different error even earlier than the message I was seeing before.

Freaking morons.

did you get it fixed or get your money back? BTW thats why I buy games for a Mac :D

Guru
06-19-2007, 11:14 PM
did you get it fixed or get your money back? BTW thats why I buy games for a Mac :D
Haven't you had this guy arrested yet?