PDA

View Full Version : Hi, My Name Is Buddy Bell....

petegz28
06-20-2007, 12:12 AM
And I suck as a manager. In fact I want you to call me Bob Boone 2.0!

Yes that's right! I will surpass Bob Boone 1.0 for putting out a different line up every game.

I will bat Shane Costa at clean up while I bench German and Brown.

I will bench Shealy to play Gordon at 1st and German at 3rd and a rookie at 2nd base.

I will not play John Buck more than 2 games in a row cause he is my best power hitter. I will REFUSE to bat him as a DH when he doesn't play at catcher.

I will play Gathright in Left field even though DeJesus is better in Left and Gathright better in Center.

I will send in Costa as a pinch-hitter in the 9th when I have a hot hitting John Buck sitting on the bench.

Yes that is right. You will think Bob Boone 1.0 was a God by the time I am through showing you how much I can screw this team.

Here is to me giving you another 100+ loss season.

Guru
06-20-2007, 12:15 AM
What a bright guy.

Mecca
06-20-2007, 12:20 AM
I agree with some of what he's saying.......David DeJesus shouldn't be in CF.

Jayhawkerman2001
06-20-2007, 12:22 AM
DDJ was actually really good in LF last year.

Sam Hall
06-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I put Elarton on the mound...

BWillie
06-20-2007, 01:08 AM
And I suck as a manager. In fact I want you to call me Bob Boone 2.0!
Yes that's right! I will surpass Bob Boone 1.0 for putting out a different line up every game.
I will bat Shane Costa at clean up while I bench German and Brown.
I will bench Shealy to play Gordon at 1st and German at 3rd and a rookie at 2nd base.
I will not play John Buck more than 2 games in a row cause he is my best power hitter. I will REFUSE to bat him as a DH when he doesn't play at catcher.
I will play Gathright in Left field even though DeJesus is better in Left and Gathright better in Center.
I will send in Costa as a pinch-hitter in the 9th when I have a hot hitting John Buck sitting on the bench.
Yes that is right. You will think Bob Boone 1.0 was a God by the time I am through showing you how much I can screw this team.
Here is to me giving you another 100+ loss season.

I hate to say it, but I agree with everything you said. Why John Buck is not DH'ing now that Sweeney is out is beyond me. Being a DH is the easiest thing to do in baseball. You sit in the dugout, chew gum, lay around, then get to go to the plate and hack at the ball 4 at bats. Easy.

Gathright is faster, probably has a better arm than DeJesus, and just an overall better defensive player than David. That is not to say David is a bad CF, but Gathright has the tools to be one of the best defensive centerfielders in the game.

O ya, why the hell is Elarton still in the starting rotation?

Sam Hall
06-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Hochevar and Lumsden can't get here soon enough. Elarton and Perez gotta go.

big nasty kcnut
06-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Elarton is sucking the life out of me.

SPchief
06-20-2007, 01:32 AM
I hate to say it, but I agree with everything you said. Why John Buck is not DH'ing now that Sweeney is out is beyond me. Being a DH is the easiest thing to do in baseball. You sit in the dugout, chew gum, lay around, then get to go to the plate and hack at the ball 4 at bats. Easy.

Because we are currently playing in STL and the NL doesn't allow a DH?

BWillie
06-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Because we are currently playing in STL and the NL doesn't allow a DH?

Yeah, this series. What about on our homestand in interleague play and before that, when we didn't play Sweeney (which was often) why not try Buck at DH? He's our best power hitter, and we have no way to manufacture runs and have a serious lack of power dilemma. I just want to see Buck on the field more, and LaRue playing one out of 4 or 5 games.

Cochise
06-20-2007, 05:56 AM
:rolleyes:

Codered
06-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Games against the Cardinals shouldn't act as Spring Training games trying to get Kip Elarton ready to pitch.

The guy has been off for over a year... Ofcourse he is going to look like crap. Not to mention he was never _that_ good anyways.

eazyb81
06-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Hochevar and Lumsden can't get here soon enough. Elarton and Perez gotta go.

They're both sucking in the minors, what makes you think they would do any better in the majors?

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 07:12 AM
your power comes from your legs. No reason to burn up buck for a season that we aren't contending. We put more miles on buck than we need too.

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 07:13 AM
the dejesus thing sucks ass. I know ball players have alot of pride and thats probably why buddy won't move dejesus, but it needs to be done

Codered
06-20-2007, 07:24 AM
If Gathright was in the Royals plans to be an everyday OF then I bet the move would be made. However if Gathright is going to return to AAA later this year what is the use moving DDJ from LF to CF all the time?

Heck is Gathright even playing full time in the majors?

Cochise
06-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Do you guys really think Gathright has a better glove than DeJesus? That tells me all I need to know.

Speed does not equal defense.

If this were an intelligent thread, someone would be writing something like Brown should be DHing, Gathright can play left, Buck should be playing everyday, and LaRue should be selling insurance.

But we all know it isn't...

ChiTown
06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Do you guys really think Gathright has a better glove than DeJesus? That tells me all I need to know.

If this were an intelligent thread, someone would be writing something like Brown should be DHing, Gathright can play left, Buck should be playing everyday, and LaRue should be selling insurance.

:clap:

and Elarton should be playing near the beer gardens in a softball league.....

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Dejesus is slow and doesn't get to many balls. He catch what he can't get too.

ChiTown
06-20-2007, 07:39 AM

Chico Esquela? Is that you?

Cochise
06-20-2007, 07:42 AM

Emil Brown has made a million bad plays in the outfield, enough to last two lifetimes, and nobody yet has suggested getting him out of there. For some reason the what-can-we-complain-about-this-week crowd has DeJesus in their sights today even though he's our best player.

It's the "what haven't we tried fixing yet?" syndrome. You guys need to just accept that there is not championship talent on this team. There is no way to arrange this roster that equals a winning baseball team. So quit trying to screw with everything, just let the younger guys play the same position every day and get better.

Everybody said during the Baird era that they wanted to see a team full of young guys with potential go out there and lose while they develop, but now that we have that, everybody thinks we're a couple of changes away again.

People just want what they haven't got, no matter what they haven't got.

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 07:42 AM
I am just calling it like I see it. I think they are afraid to make that move because dejesus is one of the "main" guys in KC. You move dejesus and gathright's bat never comes to life then well you would have to move dejesus back to center. The royals are not sold at gathright at the plate. If he hits for extending period of time they will make that move. I have charged 4 or 5 balls into the gaps that a few in majors speed wise would have gotten there with.

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Emil Brown has made a million bad plays in the outfield, enough to last two lifetimes, and nobody yet has suggested getting him out of there. For some reason the what-can-we-complain-about-this-week crowd has DeJesus in their sights today even though he's our best player.

It's the "what haven't we tried fixing yet?" syndrome. You guys need to just accept that there is not championship talent on this team. There is no way to arrange this roster that equals a winning baseball team. So quit trying to screw with everything, just let the younger guys play the same position every day and get better.

Everybody said during the Baird era that they wanted to see a team full of young guys with potential go out there and lose while they develop, but now that we have that, everybody thinks we're a couple of changes away again.

People just want what they haven't got, no matter what they haven't got.

I have been on threads saying Dejesus doesn't get to balls a ML CF should get too since last year. I agree that Dejesus isn't our biggest problems and it is probably fashionable to say that, but lets be realistic. Gathright is faster. The stop watch shows that gathright beats dejesus by 3 or 4 tenth of a second down the line. Now that's not going to help gathright get the line drivers because gathright is about a C on route running and getting a jump on the ball. He will get to some of the duck snorts and dying quails in the outfield. If you go to a game and see gathright and dejesus together watch how many times there is a ball in between them and gathright gets there first then dejesus comes in to call him off. It happened 2 or 3 times during the cards series. Bad jump aside gathright still gets to the spot faster than dejesus.

StcChief
06-20-2007, 08:06 AM
The chance to win is tonite. go for the 4-2 over Cards.
Call it a season.

good luck.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I would love for us to trade Brown, Sanders, Dejesus, Sweeney and Dotel eventually and get some guys back.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 09:46 AM
I have been on threads saying Dejesus doesn't get to balls a ML CF should get too since last year. I agree that Dejesus isn't our biggest problems and it is probably fashionable to say that, but lets be realistic. Gathright is faster. The stop watch shows that gathright beats dejesus by 3 or 4 tenth of a second down the line. Now that's not going to help gathright get the line drivers because gathright is about a C on route running and getting a jump on the ball. He will get to some of the duck snorts and dying quails in the outfield. If you go to a game and see gathright and dejesus together watch how many times there is a ball in between them and gathright gets there first then dejesus comes in to call him off. It happened 2 or 3 times during the cards series. Bad jump aside gathright still gets to the spot faster than dejesus.
Dejesus is the Wade Boggs of the OF, no speed, and solid defense/contact bat. Wish he was fast, then he'd be a helluva a better player. 3-5 sb's a year will not cut it for a leadoff guy.

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Dejesus is the Wade Boggs of the OF, no speed, and solid defense/contact bat. Wish he was fast, then he'd be a helluva a better player. 3-5 sb's a year will not cut it for a leadoff guy.

Wade boggs is a HOF I wouldn't compare him to that. The stolen bases don't bother me too much as long as the on base percentage is there.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Wade boggs is a HOF I wouldn't compare him to that. The stolen bases don't bother me too much as long as the on base percentage is there.
Just the style of bat, obviously boggs is a way better hitter but both were good at making contact.

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 09:59 AM
yeah i hear yeah. I had high hopes that dejesus would morph into beltran. In the face he looks like he has but his game is just average all the way around which is better than the royan normal, but not above average

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 10:03 AM
yeah i hear yeah. I had high hopes that dejesus would morph into beltran. In the face he looks like he has but his game is just average all the way around which is better than the royan normal, but not above average
I was hoping as well, but the speed is not there unfortunetly. I just hope he improves his power, he's got a decent build. I am just hoping if he sticks around he becomes a 15-20 hr 80 rbi guy for us. Not sure though, he is definelty average so far.

Mr. Laz
06-20-2007, 10:09 AM

DeJesus has lost alot of range in the last few years ...... dunno why.

but imo he seems below average in terms of range now.

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Scene 1 (royals manager hal mcrae)

Did you ever consider putting in brett for miller with the bases loaded in the 7th

Mcrae "No No No Stop with this ****ing stupid question this interview is ****ing over." All THESE STUPID ASS ****ING QUESTIONS ALL NIGHT. WHY THE **** WOULD I PUT IN BRETT FOR MILLER IN THE 7TH ****? YOU THINK I'M I ***DAMN FOOL? STAY OUT OF THE LOCKER ASKING ME THIS STUPID ASS SHIT. I AM NOT TAKING NO STUPID SHIT FROM THE PLAYERS OR THE MEDIA

*MCRAE THROWS PHONE AGAINST THE WALL SPILLS GIN*

*EVERYONE LEAVES OFFICE*

*Mcrae comes out of office*

I am AINT TAKING SHIT FROM YOU OR FROM THE PLAYERS THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THE **** THEY WANT TO DO I AM SICK OF IT......PUT THAT IN YOUR ****ING PIPE AND SMOKE IT!!!"

tk13
06-20-2007, 10:38 AM
I think DeJesus is a smarter outfielder, he does get pretty good jumps on balls, good at diving catches, etc, he's just not as fast as some center fielders. Gathright is probably more error prone, but he does have pretty incredible range out there. A lot of Royals fans have kind of given up on Gathright as a lost cause but I don't really want to do that yet.

ChiefsCountry
06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
My major rant is trying to find a defensive position for Butler. Stupid for trying to put a square peg in a round whole IMO. We play in the AL, he can DH for almost the whole freaking year ala Ortiz.

petegz28
06-20-2007, 08:17 PM

STFU

Gathright last year looked just fine in CF. DD hasn't done that awesome of a job that I say he is unmovable.

why would you DH Brown when Buck is your hottest hitter?

petegz28
06-20-2007, 09:46 PM
I bring in Gobble to intentionally walk a batter who is sub .200 against LHP to then pull Gobble

Valiant
06-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I bring in Gobble to intentionally walk a batter who is sub .200 against LHP to then pull Gobble

That was actually good managing there tonight.. I am shocked he knew about it.. He did that so Gobble met his quota for pitching to a batter, that way if the other manager switch to a rh from a lh(left handed hitter) he could bring in a new pitcher for the matchup...

Coach
06-20-2007, 10:25 PM
That was actually good managing there tonight.. I am shocked he knew about it.. He did that so Gobble met his quota for pitching to a batter, that way if the other manager switch to a rh from a lh(left handed hitter) he could bring in a new pitcher for the matchup...

I hope that was sarcasm there. That was terrible managing, that they just wasted a pitcher on just 4 stinking pitches, not to mention that the Royals are in extras, and they're one guy short, just becuase of it.

Coach
06-20-2007, 11:10 PM
I limit Butler to one AB and move Gordon to first, put German at 3rd and leave 0-5 Cortes at 2nd.

Mother-f**king genius.

petegz28
06-20-2007, 11:47 PM

Check the scoreboard son. Then let me know how that worked out with a starting pitcher losing the game in the 14th worked out while Gobble was used to walk someone and that was it.

Bell is a asshat.

BWillie
06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Bell is a asshat.

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/asshat.jpg

Valiant
06-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Check the scoreboard son. Then let me know how that worked out with a starting pitcher losing the game in the 14th worked out while Gobble was used to walk someone and that was it.

Bell is a asshat.

I'm sorry you and Coach do not know anything about baseball strategy if you think that.. I HATE Bell as a coach, he is terrible 99% of the time but what he did in the 9th inning was what you are suppose to do.. You say we blew it by having a starting pitcher in there instead of a relief guy.. Who exactly won the game for the Cards again??? Oh yeah a starting pitcher...

I think you need to go rewatch the 9th inning and listen to the announcers, they even commented on the strategy that Bell used that inning and it is what you want to do...

And we lost because our bats went dead in the last five innings not because you thought Bell misused Gobble...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry you and Coach do not know anything about baseball strategy if you think that.. I HATE Bell as a coach, he is terrible 99% of the time but what he did in the 9th inning was what you are suppose to do.. You say we blew it by having a starting pitcher in there instead of a relief guy.. Who exactly won the game for the Cards again??? Oh yeah a starting pitcher...

I think you need to go rewatch the 9th inning and listen to the announcers, they even commented on the strategy that Bell used that inning and it is what you want to do...

And we lost because our bats went dead in the last five innings not because you thought Bell misused Gobble...

ROFL

Oh that's rich

Look, I'm a Cards fan, so I can be somewhat objective about Bell's shortcomings.

Chris Duncan is a career sub-.200 hitter against lefties. He's hitting .208 this season. There is already a double play setup.

So what does bell do? He brings in a lefty to WALK Duncan, and then immediately pulls him to go righty/righty...even though any left hander with a pulse absolutely owns the Cards.

You couldn't make a worse decision than that. Did it cost them the game? Probably not, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't stupid and bad baseball.

Valiant
06-21-2007, 12:29 AM
ROFL

Oh that's rich

Look, I'm a Cards fan, so I can be somewhat objective about Bell's shortcomings.

Chris Duncan is a career sub-.200 hitter against lefties. He's hitting .208 this season. There is already a double play setup.

So what does bell do? He brings in a lefty to WALK Duncan, and then immediately pulls him to go righty/righty...even though any left hander with a pulse absolutely owns the Cards.

You couldn't make a worse decision than that. Did it cost them the game? Probably not, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't stupid and bad baseball.

Thats not why he got walked,
A: he got walked to fill the bases so a out at any base
B: he had him walk the batter so he could get an at bat, because he knew the Cards coach would sub a righthander to get a better matchup, then in turn he can bring in peralta to go against the right-handers...

Bell forced the matchup for the right-handers.. And peralta struck out both of them to end the threat...

If you were watching it on TV even the announcers said it was a great substitution...

The game was lost because the Royals bats fell silent, not because of any pitching miscues...

Again i ****ing hate Bell as a manager he is a dumbshit, but that was smart baseball on his part... Must of been a asst. coach decision..

SPchief
06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
B: he had him walk the batter so he could get an at bat, because he knew the Cards coach would sub a righthander to get a better matchup, then in turn he can bring in peralta to go against the right-handers...

Bell forced the matchup for the right-handers.. And peralta struck out both of them to end the threat...

If you were watching it on TV even the announcers said it was a great substitution...

The game was lost because the Royals bats fell silent, not because of any pitching miscues...

Guys, Vailiant is right. If ****ING DOTEL walks Duncan and then brings in Gobble, LaRussa switches to a righty, forcing a L. v R. matchup that Gobble has to pitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:34 AM

Once again: You already had a DP set up with an INCREDIBLY slow runner.

Furthermore, the Cards can't hit ANY LHP. You don't have to go righty-righty against them. No one, save Pujols, can hit LHP.

With that being the case, why would you bring in an LHP to intentionally walk a guy who can't hit LHP, just to pull him in the next AB? At the very least, save your arms. Whether or not it cost them *this* game isn't the issue as much as how many other games similar managerial debacles will.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Guys, Vailiant is right. If ****ING DOTEL walks Duncan and then brings in Gobble, LaRussa switches to a righty, forcing a L. v R. matchup that Gobble has to pitch.

That's not what I was arguing at all. Just have Gobble pitch to Duncan. He can't hit LHP at all. And if he gets him out, then he faces Kennedy who hits .097 against lefties.

Valiant
06-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Once again: You already had a DP set up with an INCREDIBLY slow runner.

Furthermore, the Cards can't hit ANY LHP. You don't have to go righty-righty against them. No one, save Pujols, can hit LHP.

With that being the case, why would you bring in an LHP to intentionally walk a guy who can't hit LHP, just to pull him in the next AB? At the very least, save your arms. Whether or not it cost them *this* game isn't the issue as much as how many other games similar managerial debacles will.

Again Bell gets the matchup he wants for the next two at bats...

Again Bell gets to use any base as an out...

As for arms, it is an off day tomorrow for the royals...

He also explains it, you might not agree with it but what Bell did was the correct thing...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Again Bell gets the matchup he wants for the next two at bats...

Again Bell gets to use any base as an out...

As for arms, it is an off day tomorrow for the royals...

[qoute= spchief]Guys, Vailiant is right. If ****ING DOTEL walks Duncan and then brings in Gobble, LaRussa switches to a righty, forcing a L. v R. matchup that Gobble has to pitch.

Kennedy hits .140 points higher against RHP than left, and is a much faster runner than Duncan, who hits 75 points lower against LHP than RHP.

It was an idiot move, not because they wasted a pitcher (which is objectionable enough), but because they wasted a pitcher while giving themselves the worst possible matchup. That they made it out of that situation doesn't absolve the error, it just means that they were able to beat the odds.

Valiant
06-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Kennedy hits .140 points higher against RHP than left, and is a much faster runner than Duncan, who hits 75 points lower against LHP than RHP.

It was an idiot move, not because they wasted a pitcher (which is objectionable enough), but because they wasted a pitcher while giving themselves the worst possible matchup. That they made it out of that situation doesn't absolve the error, it just means that they were able to beat the odds.

I guess Bell and the TV(former baseball players) announcers just disagree with you then on it being a great switch...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I guess Bell and the TV(former baseball players) announcers just disagree with you then on it being a great switch...

ROFL...sorry that I actually watch Cards games and know the tendencies and splits of their players. Your manager should have too.

He hit on 17 when the dealer was showing a 4, and managed to get a 3.

It doesn't mean it was a good switch, and it doesn't mean that the announcers knew WTF they were talking about.

SPchief
06-21-2007, 01:01 AM
ROFL...sorry that I actually watch Cards games and know the tendencies and splits of their players. Your manager should have too.

He hit on 17 when the dealer was showing a 4, and managed to get a 3.

It doesn't mean it was a good switch, and it doesn't mean that the announcers knew WTF they were talking about.

I'm pretty sure that Buddy Bell and Paul Splitorff don't watch every Card game.

CHENZ A!
06-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Buddy and Paul are both goddam retards

BigRock
06-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Add JoPo to the list of people who thought it was a good move. He wrote a column on it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm pretty sure that Buddy Bell and Paul Splitorff don't watch every Card game.

What are those things called that every team has?? Scouting reports, are they?

ChiefsCountry
06-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Dumbest move of the whole night was not to walk Pujols in the 9th. You dont let him see any pitches especially when he is the only major threat.

duncan_idaho
06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Dumbest move of the whole night was not to walk Pujols in the 9th. You dont let him see any pitches especially when he is the only major threat.

That puts the tying run in scoring position with a lefthander (Spiezio) who is a low-ball, fastball hitter coming up against Dotel - a lowball, fastball pitcher.

If first base is open? Sure, you walk Pujols...

Cochise
06-21-2007, 08:41 AM
We won 3 series out of 4, but I positively knew that this thread would be back up at the top again about proof as to why Buddy Bell loses 90-100 games for us singlehandedly this year. :rolleyes:

Coach
06-21-2007, 05:12 PM
We won 3 series out of 4, but I positively knew that this thread would be back up at the top again about proof as to why Buddy Bell loses 90-100 games for us singlehandedly this year. :rolleyes:

Well, has there been any improvement from the young players? Or any improvement from the pitching, outside of the bullpen who's doing well as of this moment.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the Royals HAVE talent. The manager/coaches don't know what to DO with that talent.

It's frusterating.

BigRock
06-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Jayson Stark is saying that, outside the Yanks, Cubs, and Mets, the one job Joe Girardi would consider is the Royals. :hmmm:

Coach
06-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Jayson Stark is saying that, outside the Yanks, Cubs, and Mets, the one job Joe Girardi would consider is the Royals. :hmmm:

Pass.

tk13
06-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I actually thought Bell managed a pretty good game last night, at least from my vantagepoint. He was able to stretch our bench out farther than LaRussa did, and he kept making the right moves to keep the game alive. We could've blown that game 4 or 5 different times. I thought the substitution of Brown for Gathright in the 9th defensively with a runner at 3rd was pretty smart. I can understand that we kinda wasted Gobble, but on the other hand, when Ludwick faced a lefty to start the 14th, we lost the game. We had to have a strikeout in that situation, any ball put in play would've probably lost the game.

CoMoChief
06-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Buddy Bell is a ****ing moron. Last night's game IIRC it was the 9th or 10th inning and Alex Gordon just stole 2nd base and we had no outs. Why in the **** are we not bunting to advance the runner?!?!?! instead we ground out to SS without advancing the runner and the next guy gets out.

We should have won that ****ing game last night, and if Dumbass Bell wasn't coaching the Royals we would have won. He's the worst game manager I have seen in baseball in a long time.

Sam Hall
06-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Buddy Bell is a ****ing moron. Last night's game IIRC it was the 9th or 10th inning and Alex Gordon just stole 2nd base and we had no outs. Why in the **** are we not bunting to advance the runner?!?!?! instead we ground out to SS without advancing the runner and the next guy gets out.

We should have won that ****ing game last night, and if Dumbass Bell wasn't coaching the Royals we would have won. He's the worst game manager I have seen in baseball in a long time.

Blame Emil Brown for not advancing Gordon.

CoMoChief
06-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Pass.

I wouldn't pass. Girardi turned a young (less talented IMO) Marlins team into a playoff contender.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't pass. Girardi turned a young (less talented IMO) Marlins team into a playoff contender.

:spock:

Say Gordon lives up to his potential, will he be better than Cabrera? Doubtful.

Hanley Ramirez is a better player than anyone on the Royals roster right now. Dan Uggla is a great young 2B. Jeremy Hermida is every bit the talent that Billy Butler is, and will end up being a more complete player. Sergio Mitre, Josh Johnson, and Scott Olsen are all excellent young pitchers.

That team is chock full of talent.

CoMoChief
06-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Blame Emil Brown for not advancing Gordon.
Blame Bell for not telling him to bunt.

Sam Hall
06-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Blame Bell for not telling him to bunt.

It wouldn't have done any good because the infield was playing in.