PDA

View Full Version : License plates ticket

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I have 1 plate up front on my windshield and one bolted on the car on the rear. This morning i was pulled over for having just 1 plate on, ridiculous law, considering i made my plate as visible as possible on the windshield. Have had my car 5 years and passed numerous cops and never got a ticket. I should've know it would happen though being 4 bike cops on i70 within a 6 mile radius, just sitting waiting to bust people. Anyone gotten a ticket for this and how much was it? Just an annoyance, but its a price for not putting the license plate on my car, which has a customized front and would ruin the look and probably crack the gfx. The price you pay for driving a car that stands out I guess.

HemiEd
06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Screw the ticket, I want to know more about the car. What is it? Pictures?

Simplex3
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Move to Kansas.

:shrug:

Bob Dole
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
It ain't wasy bein' a riceboy.

Bob Dole refused to put the front tags on the RX-8 and screw up the designed airflow. Thankfully, Bob Dole was never ticketed.

Molitoth
06-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes. I have a nice car and the plate on the front just totally destroys its looks. When I got a ticket for it I showed up to court and told the judge I had just gotten the car and it didn't come with any US standard plate mounts. Since usually the judge has more important things to deal with, he told me to go get some mounts put on and basically to quit wasting his time in the courtroom. He basically voided the ticket and I just had to pay court fee's of like 15-20$.

If i remember right, the ticket was going to be like 80$.

here's a pic without the crappy Missouri Plate...

http://avtoavto.ru/LoadedImages/images/saab/saab-9-3-sport-sedan_01.jpg

BCD
06-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I really do not understand the purpose of having 2 plates. Ohio has 2 plates.

Simplex3
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe people in those states are really dumb and they're afraid criminals will leave the scene of the crime in reverse.

Phobia
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Bored cops.

Phobia
06-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Screw the ticket, I want to know more about the car. What is it? Pictures?

It's a nice car but I doubt you'd be very interested. It's a rice burner with a big muffler and tons of plastic.

BCD
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe people in those states are really dumb and they're afraid criminals will leave the scene of the crime in reverse.LMAO

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 12:01 PM
It's a nice car but I doubt you'd be very interested. It's a rice burner with a big muffler and tons of plastic.
haha yes it is... :) I am just pissed because that is exactly what it is(bored cop) and there is no way i'll mount that license up front. I thought he was going to try to get me for speeding but i was doing 52 in a 55 anyway so id hope to argue that. It was just ridiculous going eastbound on i70 this morning with tons of bike cops just sitting and waiting. I still won't put that license on the front but might be selling my car within the year anyway. It's just not practical.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Yes. I have a nice car and the plate on the front just totally destroys its looks. When I got a ticket for it I showed up to court and told the judge I had just gotten the car and it didn't come with any US standard plate mounts. Since usually the judge has more important things to deal with, he told me to go get some mounts put on and basically to quit wasting his time in the courtroom. He basically voided the ticket and I just had to pay court fee's of like 15-20$.

If i remember right, the ticket was going to be like 80$.

here's a pic without the crappy Missouri Plate...

http://avtoavto.ru/LoadedImages/images/saab/saab-9-3-sport-sedan_01.jpg
The cop told me they'd mail me the ticket in 3 weeks, i was just looking at him like you ****er, while you are here "busting" me for a license plate thats actually visible people are doing 80 flying by. Just frustrating and yes i feel ya on destroying the look, there is no mounts on the front of mine and i may have to just put it in the mesh grill worst case scenario.

bkkcoh
06-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Possible revenue making venture.

They are there to Protect, Serve and Raise Revenue

HemiEd
06-20-2007, 12:23 PM

ROFL You know, I am coming around a little bit to those.

I hired a very sharp young man, who has an exotic Red Triburon, done very nicely with about everything you can buy or bolt on to one. It has the big chrome wheels, rubber band tires, carbon fiber hood, gull wing doors, big spoiler, bazillion watt stereo etc.
I catch myself staring at it, and gaining respect for these cars. He keeps it spotless and tasteful. No, I am not running a fever. :D

Phobia
06-20-2007, 12:29 PM
You're paying him too much, Ed.

HemiEd
06-20-2007, 12:37 PM
You're paying him too much, Ed.

That is the crazy part, I wonder what he is doing in his free time to be able to afford this ride.
Priorities I guess, very similar to what mine were, cars, girls and booze.

Oh and I just checked, he has his tag on the front. I asked him about it and he said police look for any excuse to pull him over.

They wouldn't profile these cars with younger drivers, would they?

crazycoffey
06-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Cops are pricks, the muslim ones are the worst.

bkkcoh
06-20-2007, 12:38 PM
That is the crazy part, I wonder what he is doing in his free time to be able to afford this ride.

Oh and I just checked, he has his tag on the front. I asked him about it and he said police look for any excuse to pull him over.

I thought profiling was illegal?

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 12:41 PM

I remember when i first got my car, cops would really follow me close but since ive had it for awhile and its seen around alot they have left me alone. Today was just one of those bs cases of being bored or quotas(if that even exists im not sure). Those types cars are expensive to maintain and you have to have another car for winter, that is a beater.

HemiEd
06-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I thought profiling was illegal?
They have been doing it forever, I used to get lots of tickets. Not any more. :D

Those types cars are expensive to maintain and you have to have another car for winter, that is a beater.

You are right, he has his Sister drop him off to work in fowl weather. I told him he needs a beater and he is looking for one.

I used to tease him about the car, but not any more.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM
They have been doing it forever, I used to get lots of tickets. Not any more. :D

You are right, he has his Sister drop him off to work in fowl weather. I told him he needs a beater and he is looking for one.

I used to tease him about the car, but not any more.
haha, i used to do that as well, my car sits way too low to scoop up snow hehe.

They are fun but do not get one if you are broke and can't afford another ride. Too damn expensive, if i had to do it over again i wouldve saved and waited longer to build up a car like that.

Cochise
06-20-2007, 01:00 PM

I hired a very sharp young man, who has an exotic Red Triburon, done very nicely with about everything you can buy or bolt on to one. It has the big chrome wheels, rubber band tires, carbon fiber hood, gull wing doors, big spoiler, bazillion watt stereo etc.
I catch myself staring at it, and gaining respect for these cars. He keeps it spotless and tasteful. No, I am not running a fever. :D

When a car is riced up and it's done tastefully, it doesn't look that bad.

When the ill-fitting body kit is not painted the same color (or not even painted), or it has a big ridiculous wing on the back, or the kit is all busted up because it doesn't have the ground clearance to drive over a dime... that's funny. Sometimes I take cellphone pictures of these sort of laugh-out-loud specimens.

Oh - I also like when badging is applied to a car from a trim level that the car is not. Like the Integra Type R stickers, or the 5.0 badge on mustangs that are 4.6...

StcChief
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM

They are there to Protect, Serve and Raise Revenue

Raise revenue....

NOT ONLY POSSIBLE, part of the reason they have a job.

Demonpenz
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM

When the ill-fitting body kit is not painted the same color (or not even painted), or it has a big ridiculous wing on the back, or the kit is all busted up because it doesn't have the ground clearance to drive over a dime... that's funny. Sometimes I take cellphone pictures of these sort of laugh-out-loud specimens.

Oh - I also like when badging is applied to a car from a trim level that the car is not. Like the Integra Type R stickers, or the 5.0 badge on mustangs that are 4.6...

I hate it when people do that. Take it from me. I have a lancer awd evolution IIIV

HemiEd
06-20-2007, 01:23 PM

Well said, tastefully being the key word.

I am becoming less judgemental of these cars. I remember when I was trying to scrape together the dough for my ride 40 years ago, it was hard to be tastefull and poor. In retrospect, my stuff was cobbled probably ugly to most.

Adept Havelock
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Bummer, I did that for years, and a MHP officer informed me it was legal, as long as it was visible.

I went ahead and put it on the front after he asked me what I thought would happen to that plate if I got hit on the Right side of the car near the front.

Following a mental image or three of decapatation by plate... :shrug:

Thig Lyfe
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Bored cops.

Money grab.

Chazno
06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
The wife got hit for this last week two days in a row by the same F*cking officer. She got hers parked near UMKC. $35 each.

Baby Lee
06-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Reminds me, rode alongside a mid/late-90s Skyline GTR on the way to work yesterday.
Sweet ride, sweeter still knowing its capabilities.

Baby Lee
06-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Oh, and I just got a huge Ari/Lloyd vibe. ROFL ROFL

Guru
06-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Why the hell does Misery even have that law anyway? I have never understood the whole two license thing. Funny law in Kansas too. If you have a normal plate you only need one. If you have a personalized plate you need two. WTF?

Reerun_KC
06-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Why the hell does Misery even have that law anyway? I have never understood the whole two license thing. Funny law in Kansas too. If you have a normal plate you only need one. If you have a personalized plate you need two. WTF?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

greg63
06-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I have 1 plate up front on my windshield and one bolted on the car on the rear. This morning i was pulled over for having just 1 plate on, ridiculous law, considering i made my plate as visible as possible on the windshield. Have had my car 5 years and passed numerous cops and never got a ticket. I should've know it would happen though being 4 bike cops on i70 within a 6 mile radius, just sitting waiting to bust people. Anyone gotten a ticket for this and how much was it? Just an annoyance, but its a price for not putting the license plate on my car, which has a customized front and would ruin the look and probably crack the gfx. The price you pay for driving a car that stands out I guess.

Well it is getting close to the end of the month and cops tend to use this time to get caught up on their quotas.

greg63
06-20-2007, 02:19 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yup! Same reason for Kansas.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
The wife got hit for this last week two days in a row by the same F*cking officer. She got hers parked near UMKC. $35 each.
That sucks ass...

I imagine if i get another ticket it would be from the same bike cops, im normally in the kc area just cause my gf is out there and have passed cop cars alot there and nothing. I hope you are right about the $35 but someone else said $80 ouch. :deevee:

Al Bundy
06-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I have never had a plate in the front of any of my Camaro's or my Camry and have never been messed with by a cop. Missouri is moronic for being in the stone age on this law.

Spott
06-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical dumbass cops. Instead of trying to stop real crime, they harass citizens to gouge them for money.

BCD
06-21-2007, 03:11 AM

They are there to Protect, Serve and Raise RevenueI guess. Seems to me they could SAVE alot of money by NOT STAMPING the plates...
:banghead:

HemiEd
06-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Reminds me, rode alongside a mid/late-90s Skyline GTR on the way to work yesterday.
Sweet ride, sweeter still knowing its capabilities.
What car is that?

Oh, and I just got a huge Ari/Lloyd vibe. ROFL ROFL
Are you referring to that sports agent series on HBO?

Sure-Oz
07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Got my ticket in the mail today, cost $33.50 just an fyi for others in the kc area...got to pay it by aug. 4th.