PDA

View Full Version : I-70 Series Game 3

Pages : 1 2 [3]

VonneMarie
06-20-2007, 11:39 PM
And we really look stoopid for wasting Gobble too.

Jayhawkerman2001
06-20-2007, 11:41 PM
meh, if he wants to wait till the off-season when tons of good managers are looking for work, I'd be fine with that too.

but theres been many times where we looked close to breaking out a little bit and bell reigns in the team.... He makes so many bad decisions and its costed us many games so far this year. who knows how close to 500 we would be if he didnt make the dumbass moves hes made...

petegz28
06-20-2007, 11:43 PM

You mean using Gobble for an intentional walk wasn't a good strategy?

How about not laying down a squeeze with Costa?

I swear Bell's brain must still be 3 games back.

SPchief
Tie ****ing series too. ****

Which ****ing sucks. I had money on it with somebody from work. I thought I had it won.

**** YOU DOTEL

Sure-Oz
No, just our pathetic ass manager that has no business in the game

petegz28
06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Keeping Cortez in the game, yanking Shealy, leaving Butler on the bench and wasting Gobble...

**** YOU BUDDY BELL!

BWillie
Hey, I Just wasted six hours of my life. This is bullhoey. I say, once game goes past 10 innings, you do it shoot out style in a home run derby. Look at hockey, soccer, it gets the thing over quick. It's fun for the fans too. It'll save pitchers from getting injuried. We'd have the upper hand too, just put Elarton on the mound to throw lobs to Teahen and Buck..those things will be over the wall in no time.

Sure-Oz
Keeping Cortez in the game, yanking Shealy, leaving Butler on the bench and wasting Gobble...

**** YOU BUDDY BELL!
Butler pinch hit for the pitcher in the late innings, hit a warning track fly out.

Fish
Buddy....Buddy....Buddy....

Sure-Oz
Hey, I Just wasted six hours of my life. This is bullhoey. I say, once game goes past 10 innings, you do it shoot out style in a home run derby. Look at hockey, soccer, it gets the thing over quick. It's fun for the fans too
We'd lose that too.

VonneMarie
06-20-2007, 11:46 PM
It's not funny but, looking at the replays of DLR... it almost looked like he intended to give up the homerun. ALMOST.

petegz28
06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Butler pinch hit for the pitcher in the late innings, hit a warning track fly out.

And was used too late in the game.

petegz28
06-20-2007, 11:50 PM
It's not funny but, looking at the replays of DLR... it almost looked like he intended to give up the homerun. ALMOST.

I am sure Jorge feels like total shit right now. But cut the guy some slack he had no clue he was going to pitch tonight. Especially in the 14th inning.

Jayhawkerman2001
06-20-2007, 11:51 PM
we really need to make fire buddy bell tshirts and distribute them to most of the fans walking into the game to wear. Anybody up for that? at this point in time, id spend all the money nessecary....

Jayhawkerman2001
06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
I am sure Jorge feels like total shit right now. But cut the guy some slack he had no clue he was going to pitch tonight. Especially in the 14th inning.

well, being a team player things like that wouldn't matter. he should have gotten a little bit of a cue when the game was going into extra innings and nothing was happening offfensively for either team.

VonneMarie
06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
No, who should be feeling like shit right now is that dumbass Bell and Dotel... and maybe Meche.

BWillie
06-20-2007, 11:54 PM
No, who should be feeling like shit right now is that dumbass Bell and Dotel... and maybe Meche.

Come on people, this game is 1/162 games. It's not like the Chiefs lost yet.

VonneMarie
06-20-2007, 11:58 PM
This was also a chance to move out of last place. :(

SPchief
06-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Come on people, this game is 1/162 games. It's not like the Chiefs lost yet.

No, but it was a chance to win a season series. And against the Cards to boot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Jesus, what a meltdown for a June regular season game.

SPchief
06-21-2007, 12:03 AM

Good for you to show up AFTER the game.

Guru
06-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah, and we didn't even have a server meltdown.

Jayhawkerman2001
06-21-2007, 12:04 AM

ah, i liked you untill now... go **** off and let us cry in peace... :-((

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
ah, i liked you untill now... go **** off and let us cry in peace... :-((

I wasn't rubbing the loss in, but by the looks of it, you'd think we just lost to the Colts again.

BWillie
06-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I wasn't rubbing the loss in, but by the looks of it, you'd think we just lost to the Colts again.

We? Why can't people pick a city. I root for all KC area teams no matter what, thru thick and thin. Gotta represent the cityyyyy

SPchief
06-21-2007, 12:09 AM

Most true fans are very passionate. Also this was against the cross-state rival, for the season series win, and the game was all but sewn up going into the eigth inning. Forgive us for being upset about it oh mighty Card fan.

SPchief
06-21-2007, 12:10 AM
We? Why can't people pick a city. I root for all KC area teams no matter what, thru thick and thin. Gotta represent the cityyyyy

Lets not get into this again.

Jayhawkerman2001
06-21-2007, 12:10 AM

agreed and amen my friend. I HATE FAIRWEATHER FANS!!!!!! Well, i hate when they are, im just annoyed with them as people.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:13 AM

Because I wasn't born in Kansas City. I'm from the middle of the state. When I was growing up, the Cardinals were on the radio, and the Chiefs were on the tube.

WTF would you do in that case?

And FWIW Royals fans, I know what being a passionate fan is about, but there's no need to lash out against me when I'm just telling you take a few deep breaths.

Jayhawkerman2001
06-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Because I wasn't born in Kansas City. I'm from the middle of the state. When I was growing up, the Cardinals were on the radio, and the Chiefs were on the tube.

And FWIW Royals fans, I know what being a passionate fan is about, but there's no need to lash out against me when I'm just telling you take a few deep breaths.

this was just too heartbreaking of a loss to bare and our patience and passion is being tried to an extent it hasn't ever been tested before... I truly am about to just say **** it and not give the royals another minute of my time... they dont seem to care at all...

SPchief
06-21-2007, 12:19 AM

I don't have a problem with people who root for both. I've stated many times that I don't have a problem with some Cards fans. One of my best friends is a Card fan and we traded probably 125 text messages tonight. But I find your timing in this thread very oportunistic and almost trollish.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't have a problem with people who root for both. I've stated many times that I don't have a problem with some Cards fans. One of my best friends is a Card fan and we traded probably 125 text messages tonight. But I find your timing in this thread very oportunistic and almost trollish.

You do realize that I had more than one post at earlier moments in this thread, right?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:22 AM
this was just too heartbreaking of a loss to bare and our patience and passion is being tried to an extent it hasn't ever been tested before... I truly am about to just say **** it and not give the royals another minute of my time... they dont seem to care at all...

If this was a 14 inning game against the Devil Rays, would you guys be as apoplectic?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:25 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4034585&postcount=171

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4034591&postcount=176

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4034601&postcount=183

SPchief
06-21-2007, 12:25 AM
You do realize that I had more than one post at earlier moments in this thread, right?

You sure did, you showed up in the ninth when the cards actually showed some signs of life.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 12:29 AM
You sure did, you showed up in the ninth when the cards actually showed some signs of life.

And I'm the one who's being a f*cking troll.

Was I anywhere on this board for the last two hours before a few minutes ago?

I'm sorry if I can't conduct the entire timeline of my life on here.

Would you like me to buy a time clock so that we can see when I check in so that I'm not sniping at inopportune moments.

FFS, I posted all over the blowout thread of last week, when St. Louis was getting their ass handed to them on a herpes-covered platter.

tk13
06-21-2007, 04:35 AM
I just got back from the game. Longest game ever. My brain is pretty much fried. But that's okay. It was an exciting game. I don't know what everyone else thinks, we had our chances, the Cards had way more chances. We just didn't capitalize. I'm not the biggest Bell fan but I actually thought he managed a pretty good game. There was tons, tons, tons of strategy in this game. That ballpark is so much harder to hit a HR in than old Busch. I thought Billy Butler tagged that ball in the 11th, Gordon hit one too that just died out to center. Gordon looked pretty sharp though, even his outs were hard hit.

Not to start a fan discussion, but it will anyway. About a third of the Cards crowd left after the 7th inning. I'd say between 1/3rd and 1/2 of the sold out crowd left after the 8th inning, in a 6-5 game, with Pujols due up in the 9th. I was pretty astounded by that, so was everyone else around me. And that happens, but it was a one run game with the best hitter in baseball due up. I'm not sure what was up with that. Joe Posnanski should nail that one into the upper deck. It cleared out really quickly. To the point Royals fans had a pretty strong "Let's Go Royals" chant in their house, in extra innings. That was pretty cool. Even if the end result wasn't.

Al Bundy
06-21-2007, 06:31 AM
This one falls squarely on Buddy bell for pitching to Pujols in the bottom of the 9th. Dotel wasn't going to get him out PERIOD.

shaneo69
06-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I just got back from the game. Longest game ever. My brain is pretty much fried. But that's okay. It was an exciting game. I don't know what everyone else thinks, we had our chances, the Cards had way more chances. We just didn't capitalize. I'm not the biggest Bell fan but I actually thought he managed a pretty good game. There was tons, tons, tons of strategy in this game. That ballpark is so much harder to hit a HR in than old Busch. I thought Billy Butler tagged that ball in the 11th, Gordon hit one too that just died out to center. Gordon looked pretty sharp though, even his outs were hard hit.

Not to start a fan discussion, but it will anyway. About a third of the Cards crowd left after the 7th inning. I'd say between 1/3rd and 1/2 of the sold out crowd left after the 8th inning, in a 6-5 game, with Pujols due up in the 9th. I was pretty astounded by that, so was everyone else around me. And that happens, but it was a one run game with the best hitter in baseball due up. I'm not sure what was up with that. Joe Posnanski should nail that one into the upper deck. It cleared out really quickly. To the point Royals fans had a pretty strong "Let's Go Royals" chant in their house, in extra innings. That was pretty cool. Even if the end result wasn't.

I stayed until the Cards choked away their golden opportunity in the bottom of the 12th.

It should be noted that it was 10:40 p.m. in the bottom of the 9th inning, and for people that have to work in the morning, that's pretty tough. I'm guessing that the house was still full at the end of Tuesday night's game which ended at 9:20.

What sucks is that Ludwick's home run in the 14th landed right next to my bleacher seat; of course, I was already gone by then.

I thought Bell got outmanaged badly at one point when he brought in a left-hander to intentionally walk Duncan and face the lefty Schumacher, but then LaRussa countered with Ludwick. But then Bell saved face by bringing in another right-hander who struck Ludwick out. And LaRussa used up his bench way too early, but he got away with it.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
gaahhhhh the redbirds are down. Way down and we split the season series. SUCKY MCGEE!

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
People around here are idiots when they say "someone" has no heart. Like heart means you are going to hit your spot or get a base hit. You want to see heart. Let's see if the royals fight back the next game.

tk13
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I completely understand people leaving when it hits extra innings, that's an open ended thing, you have no idea. That's not a big deal. But it was the 9th inning! That's one inning of baseball. You had a guy that was 4-4 tonight coming up, followed by the scariest hitter in baseball, in a one run game! And everybody's trying to beat traffic.

That was probably the funniest story of the night, I forgot to post it before. I heard some little kid talking to his dad about baseball, and he turned to him and asked "Dad, why did so many people leave such an exciting game?" And dad didn't know what to say.

Welcome to Baseball Heaven!

:)

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 12:43 PM
and they are leaving tickets that are way higher that the 8 dollar hi vee tickets

shaneo69
06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I completely understand people leaving when it hits extra innings, that's an open ended thing, you have no idea. That's not a big deal. But it was the 9th inning! That's one inning of baseball. You had a guy that was 4-4 tonight coming up, followed by the scariest hitter in baseball, in a one run game! And everybody's trying to beat traffic.

That was probably the funniest story of the night, I forgot to post it before. I heard some little kid talking to his dad about baseball, and he turned to him and asked "Dad, why did so many people leave such an exciting game?" And dad didn't know what to say.

Welcome to Baseball Heaven!

:)

Well, no one ever leaves early to beat traffic. There is no traffic at 10:00 in St. Louis, even with a game letting out. However, people that take the MetroLink might leave early because if everyone leaves right when the game ends, you may have to wait for three trains to come before you can get on.

The reason the majority of the people leave early is because they stop selling beer in the 7th. There are so many bars right outside the stadium (Shannon's, Paddy O's, Hrabosky's, Kilroy's, Broadway Oyster Club, Hooter's, Caleco's, Mercury, the bar at the Hilton, etc) that you can watch the end of the game and have a beer. Sometimes players like Josh Hancock will even show up and drink with you.

Coach
06-21-2007, 05:09 PM
The Jimmy Gobble fiasco should be grounds of a immediate firing.

Unfortunately, Dayton don't have the balls to do it.

BigRock
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
The Jimmy Gobble fiasco should be grounds of a immediate firing.

Unfortunately, Dayton don't have the balls to do it.
Is this still a topic? JoPo wrote a column on it this morning on how Bell outwitted LaRussa. Considering Joe's forgotten more about baseball than anyone here knows, I think this one can be safely put to bed.

Coach
06-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Is this still a topic? JoPo wrote a column on it this morning on how Bell outwitted LaRussa. Considering Joe's forgotten more about baseball than anyone here knows, I think this one can be safely put to bed.

I disagree. Hamas mentioned it best in this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164771&page=3&pp=15

Chris Duncan is a career sub-.200 hitter against lefties. He's hitting .208 this season. There is already a double play setup.

So what does bell do? He brings in a lefty to WALK Duncan

With that being the case, why would you bring in an LHP to intentionally walk a guy, who can't hit LHP?

keg in kc
06-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I could see arguing about this if the Cards had actually won the game because of it. He made the move, and right or wrong in retrospect or by the numbers, it worked.

Coach
06-21-2007, 05:37 PM
I could see arguing about this if the Cards had actually won the game because of it. He made the move, and right or wrong in retrospect or by the numbers, it worked.

It may have worked, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a big goof-up. Not to mention, that the game could have potentionally gone to extras, where you need pitchers.

tk13
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
I disagree. Hamas mentioned it best in this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164771&page=3&pp=15

With that being the case, why would you bring in an LHP to intentionally walk a guy, who can't hit LHP?
Creates a force play at home. I thought that was absolutely the right move at the time, and I said so at the ballpark. All Duncan had to do there was hit a fly ball to win the game, not get a basehit. Whoever you face, he has to hit a fly ball to win the game. So instead of facing their 2nd best power hitter, you create a force out at every base and increase the odds of a double play, with a lesser hitter at the plate.

Coach
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Creates a force play at home. I thought that was absolutely the right move at the time, and I said so at the ballpark. All Duncan had to do there was hit a fly ball to win the game, not get a basehit. Whoever you face, he has to hit a fly ball to win the game. So instead of facing their 2nd best power hitter, you create a force out at every base and increase the odds of a double play, with a lesser hitter at the plate.

Yet, wasted a pitcher on just 4 pitches. If Buddy wanted a Righty/Righty in the first place, why did he not just have Dotel IBB Duncan at the time then?

tk13
06-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Yet, wasted a pitcher on just 4 pitches. If Buddy wanted a Righty/Righty in the first place, why did he not just have Dotel IBB Duncan at the time then?
Skip Schumaker was the next scheduled batter, a lefty. And a pitcher must face one batter before you take him out. If Dotel walks Duncan, Schumaker is announced, they bring in Gobble, LaRussa pinch hits with Ludwick, and you are stuck with a righty vs. lefty matchup. Because Gobble was the one who walked Duncan, he could come out of the game for Peralta, one of our best strikeout pitchers, against two righties at the bottom of their order. Bell was one step ahead of LaRussa the whole time.

shaneo69
06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Skip Schumaker was the next scheduled batter, a lefty. And a pitcher must face one batter before you take him out. If Dotel walks Duncan, Schumaker is announced, they bring in Gobble, LaRussa pinch hits with Ludwick, and you are stuck with a righty vs. lefty matchup. Because Gobble was the one who walked Duncan, he could come out of the game for Peralta, one of our best strikeout pitchers, against two righties at the bottom of their order. Bell was one step ahead of LaRussa the whole time.

The smart move there would've been to leave your closer in to walk Duncan and then pitch to Schumacher and Stinnett.

He over-managed and got away with it.