PDA

View Full Version : Perloff: Chiefs had the third most dysfunctional offseason?

Buehler445
06-21-2007, 07:56 AM
The following is from Andrew Perloff's Blog. Apparently we had the 3rd most dysfunctional offseason. Ahead of the holdout happy Bears, and the criminal Titans AND Bengals. Are you serious?

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/22294

3. Chiefs - It took too long to ship Trent Green to Miami and the QB situation became an unneeded distraction. DE Jared Allen, who will serve a four-game NFL suspension for DUI, was unhappy he got franchise tagged and RB Larry Johnson's impending free agency looms on the horizon.

StcChief
06-21-2007, 09:02 AM
What an idiot.

the Talking Can
06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
a distraction to who? sports writers?

dumb

Pushead2
06-21-2007, 09:19 AM
TOOL

Short Leash Hootie
06-21-2007, 10:04 AM
This makes sense.

LJ holdout...
Allen drama...
Green drama...

It was the most dysfunctional offseason for us that I can remember...

Buehler445
06-21-2007, 10:07 AM
This makes sense.

LJ holdout...
Allen drama...
Green drama...

It was the most dysfunctional offseason for us that I can remember...

It may be one of the most dysfunctional for US, but not for the NFL. Pacman wreaked more havoc on an offseason than any one team combined IMO. Packers have more drama with Favre than we could ever even dream about. And every bit of the Green drama we received, Miami did too, not to mention their Culpepper situation.

Regardless of all the drama that went on, I don't think the team is dysfunctional. I think about everyone is on the youth movement boat, and we've come together more as a team than most of the rest of the NFL, I'd guess. JMO though.

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
The ONLY player that has publically stated that the Green thing was a problem was Brian Waters, and he happens to be the Chiefs player rep for the NFLPA.

To a man, they've said it wasn't a distraction.

So you can throw that one out.

Then you have Allen, who threatened to hold out and then showed up for OTA's. Another non-issue.

And then there's the LJ situation - THERE IS NO SITUATION. The guy has NEVER said he's gonna hold and there's been AMPLE evidence that talks have been going on for a while, including actual money changing hands according to research provided by ChiefNJ in another thread.

Dysfunctional my ass.

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
The only thing dysfunctional about the Chiefs is their fans...

Phobia
06-21-2007, 10:33 AM
To a man, they've said it wasn't a distraction.

The guy (LJ)has NEVER said he's gonna hold and there's been AMPLE evidence that talks have been going on for a while, including actual money changing hands according to research provided by ChiefNJ in another thread.

Dysfunctional my ass.

You can rarely believe anything an NFL employee says on the record. They're trained to say the "right thing". In the Green situation, the "right thing" was to say that it wasn't a problem.

LJ has said that he's prepared to sit out training camp and hold out. Check Whitlock's latest column.

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 10:35 AM
You can rarely believe anything an NFL employee says on the record. They're trained to say the "right thing". In the Green situation, the "right thing" was to say that it wasn't a problem.

So we just assume that they're lying about it? That seems rather cynical, does it not?

LJ has said that he's prepared to sit out training camp and hold out. Check Whitlock's latest column.

You can rarely believe anything an NFL employee says on the record. They're trained to say the "right thing".

BoredomSux
06-21-2007, 10:37 AM
So those three circumstances make us dysfunctional?

Phobia
06-21-2007, 10:43 AM
So we just assume that they're lying about it? That seems rather cynical, does it not?

You can rarely believe anything an NFL employee says on the record. They're trained to say the "right thing".

Oh it's absolutely cynical. I think it's well deserved, don't you?

When a dude is underpaid by several million, I believe it when he threatens holdout.

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Oh it's absolutely cynical. I think it's well deserved, don't you?

When a dude is underpaid by several million, I believe it when he threatens holdout.

The only thing dysfunctional about the Chiefs is their fans...

sedated
06-21-2007, 10:48 AM

threatening a holdout is the 'right thing' to say?

or would this be considered the 'right thing'...
The guy has NEVER said he's gonna hold

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 10:52 AM
threatening a holdout is the 'right thing' to say?

or would this be considered the 'right thing'...

It is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to say if he's interested in maximizing his earning potential.

keg in kc
06-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Earth to blogger, JaredUI Allen wasn't franchise tagged.