PDA

View Full Version : Grunny on Priest...

Anyong Bluth
06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Is on the radio right now talking about LJ, and brought up Priest. Pretty much went off on him and called him a huge b!tch.

Up there in the pressbox eating nachos, but pay me, oh I don't wanna hang out w/ the team. Blah blah.

He definately didn't hold back in expressing the fact he dislikes and has no respect for Priest.

Sure-Oz
06-21-2007, 08:39 AM
i heard nacho's have healing powers

Cochise
06-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Is this 2004? Why is grunny going off about nachos?

Maybe he got into the sauce early (?) today.

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Not the first time Grunny went off on the guy.

Anyong Bluth
06-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Priest came up w/in the context of LJ and contract talks. That's why. I've never heard Grunny really get so hardline about someone, usually he dances around his personal takes.

Buehler445
06-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Is priest on the roster?? Last I remembered, he was. I would think if the Chiefs would cut him, between that salary and Green's we would have enough to pay our workhorse.

OnTheWarpath58
06-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Honestly, he's right.

It's way beyond time for PH to shit or get off the pot.

Get your ass on the field, retire or come to a settlement agreement with the team.

greg63
06-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Grunny on Priest

That sounds gay.

That is all.

greg63
06-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Not the first time Grunny went off on the guy.

LMAO

ROYC75
06-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Not the first time Grunny GOT off on the guy.

Fixed it for you.......

Bob Dole
06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Is this 2004? Why is grunny going off about nachos?

Because that's the last time anyone has seen him in public?

BigRedChief
06-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Honestly, he's right.

It's way beyond time for PH to shit or get off the pot.

Get your ass on the field, retire or come to a settlement agreement with the team.I agree but what motivates Priest to do this? He's only losing and or have to give back money if he does those options. His best option is to remain "hurt" and collect a paycheck in San Antonio.

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 09:14 AM
The reason you're hearing about this is because of stuff like this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4035483

Not to pick on you, HemiEd, but frankly people are VERY selective in what they remember about Priest, the TEAMMATE.

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I agree but what motivates Priest to do this? He's only losing and or have to give back money if he does those options. His best option is to remain "hurt" and collect a paycheck in San Antonio.

That's the best option for PRIEST.

And despite the fact that he fooled the fanbase into thinking he wasn't this way, Priest has always been about Priest before anything else.

Anyong Bluth
06-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Priest restructured his deal before the start of last season. He gave up a large chunk of money he would have been due in exchange for a guaranteed paycheck. The rationale was that he could take a still get paid and not fear getting cut and get no paycheck, and the Chiefs got to clear some money off the books and help their cap situation. He ended up getting around 1.5 mil or so, a pretty small number compared to what he would have been scheduled to make. Don't know about this next year's situation. Seems to me he's done playing?

OnTheWarpath58
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
That's the best option for PRIEST.

And despite the fact that he fooled the fanbase into thinking he wasn't this way, Priest has always been about Priest before anything else.

That was my point, though I went about it the wrong way.

Funny how people rag on LJ about being a "good teammate," yet forget about Priest's "me-first" attitude.

Bit of a double standard.....

sedated
06-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Priest has always been about Priest before anything else.

"Get Paid"

sedated
06-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Priest has always been about Priest before anything else.

"I feel like $15 million, I just don't have the paycheck"

Micjones
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
It's such a dirty game it's hard to say what Priest should do in this situation. Teams clearly get over in similar fashion with players so...

htismaqe
06-21-2007, 10:05 AM
It's such a dirty game it's hard to say what Priest should do in this situation. Teams clearly get over in similar fashion with players so...

Abso-freaking-lutely.

I don't BLAME Priest for being selfish.

But putting Priest on a pedestal why simultaneously bashing Larry Johnson is just wrong.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
I have no truck with Priest getting paid for what he gave our franchise, nor do I have any qualms about LJ holding out. The guy is hemhoragging years off his life with that workload. I personally don't think he's worth 80 million, but he's definitely worth more than what his rookie contract is paying him.

There exists a stance where one can empathize with both--unfortunately, it sounds like Grundhard was being a meathead about the situation.