PDA

View Full Version : Does KC have full service movie theatre?

Archie F. Swin
06-21-2007, 10:17 AM
We're comin up in July and I know a new craze in larger cities has been movie theatres with where you can enjoy a prepared and served meal at your seat with cocktails and all. Anything like this in the metro?

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I believe The Majestic in Zona Rosa is a full service theater.

Sure-Oz
06-21-2007, 10:24 AM
I believe The Majestic in Zona Rosa is a full service theater.
Yes they do, they play like 2 or 3 movies, usually the top box office threats. Has a bar as well, very nice and perfect for a date. Make sure to get tickets early as possible, its pretty busy.

http://themajestictheatres.com/directions.shtml

sedated
06-21-2007, 10:25 AM
full service movie theatre?

prostitution is illegal in the state of Kansas.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
VIP room at Cinemark on the Plaza.

http://www.cinemark.com/theater_showtimes.asp?theater_id=271
http://www.cinemark.com/faq_vip.asp

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Wife and I went to the VIP room for Pirates. First time we'd been, lotsa fun. Drinks served, appetizer menu, leather recliners... not a bad seat in the house. Reservations suggested.

Archie F. Swin
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
My wife wants to see Harry Potter when we get up there. Kids will join us...so not a date, really.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
My wife wants to see Harry Potter when we get up there. Kids will join us...so not a date, really.
Won't be able to go to the VIP room then. No one under 21 allowed, no exceptions.

We'll probably go back there if Harry Potter is in the VIP room.

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
The VIP room at the plaza sounds pretty cool. How much should I expect to pay for a movie there with the gal?

Sure-Oz
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
The majestic will allow kids but not past 6pm so that may be an option for you.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2007, 11:05 AM
The VIP room at the plaza sounds pretty cool. How much should I expect to pay for a movie there with the gal?
The wife and I got out of there for the whole evening about $40. But we ate dinner there, too.

VIP - Adult Evening $13.00
VIP - Adult Fri & Sat after 6PM $20.00
VIP - Adult Matinee $13.00

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-21-2007, 11:55 AM
The wife and I got out of there for the whole evening about $40. But we ate dinner there, too.

Hell, that's only a few dollars more than a standard movie costs here.

:cuss:

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM

Is dinner included with those prices, or is that just the price for the movie? I'm assuming alcohol is extra as well, correct?

Sure-Oz
06-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Is dinner included with those prices, or is that just the price for the movie? I'm assuming alcohol is extra as well, correct?
I think dinner/alchy is seperate cost. Obviously you have way more options than a reg. theater.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Ticket price only.

The big draws for me: absolutely NO children; alcohol; free refills (by a waiter) for soda/tea and popcorn; bigger menu for different food options; La-Z-Boys; good seating no matter where you are.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
I was also surprised at how unobtrusive the waiters are. They have this thing down to a science. The kitchen is behind the theater. They come down the aisle next to you (they seat everyone on an aisle, but the entire theater only seats 38) and refill/serve. The waiters do a really good job of not distracting you from the movie.

eazyb81
06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Ticket price only.

The big draws for me: absolutely NO children; alcohol; free refills (by a waiter) for soda/tea and popcorn; bigger menu for different food options; La-Z-Boys; good seating no matter where you are.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Fire Me Boy!
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
The no children is HUGE for me if I'm going to a movie like Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter.

I think kids are fine, but I hate the ****ing parents who bring in an infant and then don't take the kid out when he/she starts screaming. And there ALWAYS seems to be one of those when I go to the theater.

That's why I used to love reviewing... I got to see all the movies I wanted and often got to see them with only 6-10 more reviewers in the theater. Very good experiences there.

Sure-Oz
06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
They have a button system to call and the waiters come then and maybe 2 or 3 times the whole time when we didnt ask, they did a great job and are very watchful to see if your drink is empty or whatever. Very Classy at the Majestic from my experiences.

Demonpenz
06-21-2007, 02:41 PM
i haven't seen a movie in the theatres since wedding crashers.