PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 football prediction from the Dallas Morning News

Sam Hall
06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
How Chip Brown of the Dallas Morning News rates the Big 12 football teams, with projected league losses. This is crazy for several reasons:

North Division
1. Missouri: OU, Colorado
2. Nebraska: Missouri, Texas
3. Colorado: KSU, Tech, NU
4. Kansas State: Texas, OSU, NU, Missouri
5. Kansas: KSU, CU, A&M, NU, OSU, Missouri
6. Iowa State: Winless in league

South Division
1. Oklahoma: Colorado, Texas
2. Oklahoma State: NU, OU
3. Texas: OSU, Texas A&M
4. Texas A&M: OSU, NU, OU, Missouri
5. Texas Tech: OSU, A&M, Missouri, Texas, OU
6. Baylor: Winless in league

Guru
06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow. A Texas paper doesn't have a Texas team winning their division?

Sam Hall
06-21-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't see how Mizzou could beat Nebraska but lose to Colorado. Trust me, the Buffs suck. A lot of people like Oklahoma State and I'm not one of them.

Cochise
06-21-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't see how Mizzou could beat Nebraska but lose to Colorado. Trust me, the Buffs suck. A lot of people like Oklahoma State and I'm not one of them.

Nebraska will be in Columbia this year though.

CoMoChief
06-21-2007, 10:44 PM
And to think these people get paid to write crap like this.

Sam Hall
06-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Nebraska will be in Columbia this year though.

As a Husker fan, that game scares me. Mizzou can win that one. The home team has been winning when those teams play each other. The part I don't understand is how CU beats Mizzou.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-21-2007, 10:50 PM
If Nebraska doesn't win the north Callahan had better get the axe.

kcchiefs12983
06-21-2007, 10:51 PM
As a Husker fan, that game scares me. Mizzou can win that one. The home team has been winning when those teams play each other. The part I don't understand is how CU beats Mizzou.

because dan hawkins says ITS DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS THE BIG 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|Zach|
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.cfb.top15qbs/images/daniel_chase.jpg

Sam Hall
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
There is no way CU beats Oklahoma. OSU could beat Texas, but they will need 40 points. I've seen Texas ranked No. 2 in some preseason magazines. That's iffy because of their secondary. UT obviously has a solid offense. I like LSU more than Texas this year.

Sam Hall
06-21-2007, 10:56 PM

It'll take a horrible season for him to get fired. We're talking horrible as in 3-9. There's talk that he's about to receive a contract extension. We're headed in the right direction. Of course we would like more improvement but Callahan's conference record has improved every year. He started with nothing on offense. I will say that next year will be uncomfortable for Callahan if we don't win the North this year.

kcfan82
06-22-2007, 05:56 AM

Possibly Pederson too, but fortunately they will win the north.

Saulbadguy
06-22-2007, 06:05 AM
I'd flip flop CU and KSU. Other than that I don't really have a problem with this list.

tmax63
06-22-2007, 06:38 AM
CU beating MU? How about 5th down? Some still remember.

eazyb81
06-22-2007, 07:10 AM
The North will come down to the MU/NU game, and I like Mizzou's odds since the game is in Columbia. That said, Mizzou seems to underachieve each year, so I definitely wouldn't put any money on them taking the division.

Colorado at third just seems silly, they were awful last year and I can't see them losing only three league games. I like KSU at third, then CU, KU, and ISU will fight it out for the last few spots.

The South is tough to call this year, but I'll take UT or A&M over OU. The Sooner lost Peterson and it sounds like they are going to play a true freshman at QB this year - not good. Baylor has improved over the last couple years IMO, and I would be shocked if they went winless.

kepp
06-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I don't see how Mizzou could beat Nebraska but lose to Colorado.
I would not put this past them. I'm a life-long Mizzou fan, but I'll admit that they've never been what you'd call "consistent". They'll win the one you're worried about and then roll over for a I-AA.

ChiefsCountry
06-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Mizzou losing to Colorado is something I could see, historically Mizzou always seems to play bad in Boulder even when Mizzou has good teams.

Bill Lundberg
06-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Iowa State may finish last in the North but they won't be winless in the Big 12

ChiefsCountry
06-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Iowa State may finish last in the North but they won't be winless in the Big 12

Look at their schedule

@Nebraska
@Texas Tech
Texas
Oklahoma
@Missouri
Kansas State
Colorado
@Kansas

Its very possible they might not win a Big 12 game, the only 2 that seems likely might be K-State or Colorado.

Sam Hall
06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Trust me Mizzou fans, I saw Colorado in person last year and they're awful. I think they have a new QB this year, which won't help them. One player made all their plays defensively when I saw them and I think he's graduated. We might see Hawkins start running the offense he wants to run but they will struggle.

eazyb81
06-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Trust me Mizzou fans, I saw Colorado in person last year and they're awful. I think they have a new QB this year, which won't help them. One player made all their plays defensively when I saw them and I think he's graduated. We might see Hawkins start running the offense he wants to run but they will struggle.

I hope you're right, but frankly I think it's a moot point. Even if Mizzou wins the CU game they will still need to beat the Huskers to take the North. That game is going to be HUGE.