PDA

View Full Version : JOHNSON SEETHING OVER HIS SUCCESS - Q&A WITH LJ PART 2

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 10:58 PM
For a player with such remarkable God-given talent and incredible accomplishments, Larry Johnson has never really been a football star. That was the second conclusion I reached after Johnson, his agent, Alvin Keels, and I shared lunch at the Hereford House early this week.

Thursday in The Star, during Part 1 of my Q&A with Johnson, I focused on the brewing training-camp holdout that Johnson may stage to leverage his way into a better contract. Today, weíll focus more on Johnson as a person, not a football player.

But you have to understand Johnsonís football history to understand the brooding personality that he believes makes him a great player.

He didnít catch a football break until his senior year of high school, and then he went to Penn State and got humbled by big-time football and bigger-time football politics. He rushed for 2,000 yards as a college senior and then ran into a legendary NFL coach who didnít want him.

Now, coming off back-to-back 1,700-yard rushing seasons, Johnson found himself on the trading block this offseason. According to NFL experts, the Chiefs offered Johnson to several teams. The Packers expressed the most interest but eventually balked at a draft-day deal that would have cost the Pack their first-, second- and third-round picks.

ďI think it made Larry realize how real the business side of football is in the NFL,Ē Keels said of the trade talks. ďHe saw firsthand that the Chiefs would do whatís in the best interest of the organization, so, therefore, itís made him aware that in the future he has to do whatís in the best interest of Larry Johnson.Ē

Hereís the second part of my 150-minute interview with Larry Johnson. On Sunday, Iíll offer my opinion on Johnson and his contract situation. On Thursday, a spokesman for the Chiefs said the organization had ďno commentĒ on Johnsonís statement that heís preparing for a training-camp holdout.

Question: Larry, you do understand thereís a responsibility that goes along with being the highest-paid player?

Johnson: ďMe and Herm talked about that.Ē

Question: Are you ready to accept the responsibility that goes along with being the highest-paid player?

Johnson: ďI can adjust to it because thereís nothing left for me to fight for. Thereís no sense in me fighting upstairs, no sense in me fighting coaches, ainít no sense in me fighting other things that go on. Having this contract done, my future is secure now, I can play football, be a leader, try to get this Super Bowl ring, get into the Pro Bowl a couple more times and maybe get into the Hall of Fame when my career is done. After I get this contract, thereís nothing else to worry about.Ē

Question: Youíre showing some maturity in recent months. Are you going to change again when you get your money?

Johnson: ďRegardless of whether I get this money or not, Iím going to still be me. But Iím going to do it where Iím not embarrassing myself, Iím not embarrassing my teammates and Iím not trying to look like Iím after something once I get this money. The money is going to set me up for my kids and my future. Yeah, Iím going to buy me a nice toy, a new car. And thatís it. And then Iím going to set up for my family after that. Money doesnít change me.Ē

Question: Thereís a concern that some players play with less intensity once they get a huge contract. Will that happen to you?

Johnson: ďReceivers can do that (stuff) because all they have to do is jog through some routes. I canít do that because I have 10 other guys trying to hit me and kill for me to do that. I have too much pride. Thatís embarrassing to me. At the end of the day, the media, Carl Peterson and Herm can say whatever they want to, but I gotta answer to my father. Thatís the main person Iím trying to impress. I have way too much pride for that.Ē

Question: Are you angry about something, and if so why?

Johnson: ďIím always angry about something. My dad will tell you I was a moody kid when I was growing up. Thatís just who I was ó I was a moody kid. There was always something bothering me. When I was a kid, even if we won the game, if I felt like I didnít do something right, he knew I would be upset the rest of the day. A lot of that comes from me always putting pressure on myself. I was always under that pressure as a child, and there was always that anger that was inside of me. Itís just something that canít leave for me to always want to be the best.

ďIt always comes out in the worst times and at a time when itís not appropriate. I know that part. It was just the way I was raised being in a coachís household, everybody expects you to be better than your dad growing up or be just like your dad growing up. I had to live with that when I was 9.

ďThen going to college, I had to bite my tongue on a lot of stuff because of my dad. Iím always going to be upset that I didnít get to play four years at Penn State. Iím going to be upset that I had to switch high schools to try to be recruited, to try and pass my SATs and get into college. Iím always going to be upset that when I came to Kansas City I didnít get to play. Iím always going to be upset about that.Ē

Question: You do realize thatís unhealthy?

Johnson: ďI mean, yeah. Iíve been kind of doing better with that. A lot of people are surprised to see me smile more than I used to. My life used to be: what I wanted and what I was getting were miles apart. Now itís like right here (very close). Now I can be a little more at ease about where I am.Ē

Question: OK, but I want you to understand that being angry is physically unhealthy and can affect your life expectancy.

Johnson: ďIím definitely a lot better than I was a year ago.Ē

Question: Leadership, what does it mean to you?

Johnson: ďIím not a talkative person. If anything Iíd rather be a leader by example, as far as what I do on the football field. Iíve always been a leader by example. Thatís the biggest thing to me. Guys can talk all day, but then go out there and drop 10 balls or miss six or seven blocks.Ē

Question: How come you donít block well?

Johnson: ďI have to watch three people on every pass play. Thatís why when T. Rich was here they started taking me out on third downs, because I have to watch three people on every single pass play. When you look at San Diego, you barely see LaDainian Tomlinson pass-block. I can pass-block. Sometimes Iím going to mess up. DBs, I can block all day. Linebackers, thatís a different breed of animal. I can cut-block íem.

ďReally this (stuff) came from Dick Vermeil. When I first got into camp, he said the reason we donít play him is because of my blocking. That stuck with me from then to all the way up to that Dallas Cowboys game when I ó first time I ever tried to cut ó tried to cut (Scott) Fujita. I tried to cut him on his wrong side. I tried to cut him with my left shoulder and all he had to do was sweep around me. I had bad technique, and Trent coughed the ball up. But nobody said nothing the same year when I had to block Shawne Merriman 100 times in a row, and he never once got to the quarterback.Ē

Question: Explain your relationship with rapper Jay-Z.

Johnson: ďA lot of people donít know that goes beyond me just wearing his clothes. I could switch to Nike tomorrow and Jay would be completely cool with it. There are only a couple of athletes Jay-Z was cool enough to let in his little small circle of people that he calls friends. Itís me, LeBron and thatís about it. Itís a real tight group. It goes beyond me just wearing clothes. Weíve become friends now. If I wanted to do Nike or Reebok or anything else, he would have input, but he would never say ĎOK, I canít (mess) with you no more because of that.í Heís never been that way. We just happened to hit it off.Ē

Question: How does your association with Jay-Z affect your vision of how you see yourself as an athlete and an individual?

Johnson: ďI donít think it really affects me other than the fact I just know him. If anything when people mention me, of course, they mention him.Ē

Question: Is Jay-Z a mentor, someone who shapes your view on how to conduct business?

Johnson: ďHe definitely did that. Between me and you, he definitely didnít want me to do that Fantasia video. I definitely got cussed out for that one. He told me there were a lot of things he wanted to do, but he couldnít do them. He said, ĎYou gotta be able to look at yourself as a business, as stock, and the less things you do, the more people will have interest in you. The more things you do, you water down your value.í Ē

Question: What do you want to accomplish as a football player?

Johnson: ďIím not a numbers guy. Iím not trying to rush for 2,000 yards or score so many touchdowns. My whole thing when I started playing football is to try and bring the old-school-mentality guys back. When people mention me, I want them to mention Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, Gale Sayers. Thatís what I really play football for is the fun of that. I donít really do it to be the richest, how many rushing yards I can get. Iíd like to be mentioned with that group of guys.Ē

Question: What characteristics do the old-school running backs have that you respect?

Johnson: ďJim Brown was a player who didnít take (stuff). Those guys really lived when racism was really around. Jim Brown stood up for Muhammad Ali. Thatís what I like about old-school guys. You donít see that anymore. They really stood up and did what they wanted to do.Ē

Question: What does Larry Johnson stand for?

Johnson: ďI just stand up for people who want to be themselves. If you see something wrong, donít be afraid to stand up and point them out. A lot of guys see whatís wrong, but they donít say anything about it. People who stand up turn out to be the greatest people in this country ó Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, guys who stood up for what they believed in.Ē

Question: Do you feel like youíre a part of anything bigger than just Larry Johnson?

Johnson: ďNot right now. I donít have that status to do something like that. Itíll take me a couple of more years, but I really want to point out the undercover racism that is everywhere.

ďAnd I really like to help young black kids who really think itís cool to look up to certain rappers because they think itís cool at that time. They think itís cool that they canít put on a suit and tie. They think itís corny to look nice. They canít go to school without having a white T down to their knees. Thatís what Iím really trying to fight as far as that image that they canít dress up. Itís really black youths fighting ourselves. You know, when youíre a kid, be a kid. But when youíre 27 and you still wearing a white T and baggy pants, what does that say about your life and where youíre headed?Ē

SECOND OF TWO PARTS. FOLLOW-UP IS SUNDAY
This is the second of two parts of Jason Whitlockís question-and-answer session with Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Whitlock will offer his opinion on the interview in TheStar on Sunday.

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:05 PM
But nobody said nothing the same year when I had to block Shawne Merriman 100 times in a row, and he never once got to the quarterback.Ē

Booyah, LJ. Booyah. You go, boy. SLAY 'EM.

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:09 PM
ďHe definitely did that. Between me and you, he definitely didnít want me to do that Fantasia video. I definitely got cussed out for that one."

Jay-Z...respec.....

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Eesh.

That 1st round, 2nd round, and 3rd round pick looks pretty sexy after interviews like this.

Fruit Ninja
06-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Booyah, LJ. Booyah. You go, boy. SLAY 'EM.
Yeah, no one doesnt talk about that. haha. I like the way LJ thinks.

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Eesh.

That 1st round, 2nd round, and 3rd round pick looks pretty sexy after interviews like this.

STFU. LJ didn't say anything controversial at all.

Phobia
06-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Best Whitlock interview ever.

Fruit Ninja
06-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Jwhit needs to post on this thread, so i can rep him.

the Talking Can
06-21-2007, 11:16 PM
ďThen going to college, I had to bite my tongue on a lot of stuff because of my dad. Iím always going to be upset that I didnít get to play four years at Penn State. Iím going to be upset that I had to switch high schools to try to be recruited, to try and pass my SATs and get into college. Iím always going to be upset that when I came to Kansas City I didnít get to play. Iím always going to be upset about that.Ē

That's a candid response. I can appreciate the honesty, he isn't bullshitting anyone.

And I believe this: "ďReceivers can do that (stuff) because all they have to do is jog through some routes. I canít do that because I have 10 other guys trying to hit me and kill for me to do that. I have too much pride. Thatís embarrassing to me."

I think there is 0 chance that he would coast after signing the contract.

the Talking Can
06-21-2007, 11:17 PM
that's about as candid as I've heard an athlete in a long while..

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:18 PM
I guess I don't understand the three guys on every pass play thing. How does he know what Tomlinson's assignments are, anyway?

noa
06-21-2007, 11:18 PM
That's pretty funny about the Fantasia video. I like his attitude in these interviews...seems like he's willing to talk about his mistakes and faults along with the reasons he should be paid more.

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:22 PM
It was a candid interview, you have to give Big Fat Rolls of Fattening Piles of Fatlock credit.

But I don't like the blame game he's playing on some of those issues, justified or not. I don't like the assumption that it's his eventual destiny to speak out on racism, because I don't think he has the political acumen to pull that off. And I don't like that he's imagines a growing importance in petty and superficial things like music videos and clothes.

And if the Packers approached me and offered me a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for him (Hell, if they just offered me a 1st and a 2nd), my trigger finger would get far itchier than before.

ClevelandBronco
06-21-2007, 11:22 PM
ďHe saw firsthand that the Chiefs would do whatís in the best interest of the organization, so, therefore, itís made him aware that in the future he has to do whatís in the best interest of Larry Johnson.Ē

A lesson well learned, Mr. Johnson. It's past time to get paid for the job you're already doing.

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
And if the Packers approached me and offered me a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for him (Hell, if they just offered me a 1st and a 2nd), my trigger finger would get far itchier than before.

The whole Packers thing was bullshit anyway.

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
The whole Packers thing was bullshit anyway.
In what way, you figure?

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:26 PM
In what way, you figure?

Because Nick Athan got his ass chewed out over it.

ClevelandBronco
06-21-2007, 11:31 PM
You know, when youíre a kid, be a kid. But when youíre 27 and you still wearing a white T and baggy pants, what does that say about your life and where youíre headed?Ē

The more I read about this guy, the more I respect him.

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Because Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan got his ass chewed out over it.
I don't follow.

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't follow.

Nick basically floated the Packers rumor and PFT picked up on it and reported it as fact.

noa
06-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Nick basically floated the Packers rumor and PFT picked up on it and reported it as fact.

It definitely seemed too ridiculous to be true

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Would you pull the trigger for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd?

Just curious.

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Would you pull the trigger for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd?

Just curious.

Your transmission is breaking up.

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Your transmission is breaking up.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th.

Pull the trigger or no. Your move, Bobby Fisher.

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:43 PM
I said it before. I'd need two firsts before I'd even consider it.

Direckshun
06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
I said it before. I'd need two firsts before I'd even consider it.
Damn.

You're out there, dude. Godspeed, but you're way out there.

the Talking Can
06-21-2007, 11:45 PM

so that's what you get with Premium....

Count Zarth
06-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Damn.

I don't really think so. You spend one of the firsts on a running back, and pick up another good starter.

Just one first won't cut it.

Phobia
06-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Damn.

I don't think it's crazy. I mean, if we're talking about a team in the playoffs every year but lacking a RB they're investing a couple low firsts into a proven back. If anybody had been able to predict LJ's productivity, he'd have gone 26 spots earlier in 03.

Anyong Bluth
06-22-2007, 01:55 AM
First, let me say that I'm supremely impressed with who LJ has become in his time since coming to KC.

2nd, a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is not absurd in the least bit. You're getting a primetime RB w/ almost no cap hit. Add in the fact that if you break down the number of guys that don't pan out that are drafted in the 1st thru 3rd, its a steal.

My only iffy part in his Q&A was his talking about covert racism. As one of my favorite comics, Patrice O'Neal, who happens to be black, perfectly states it,

"Black people don't look at whites as oppressors any more, we just like not liking you, and you like not liking us. I mean, please, the least of my concerns is dealing w/ some cracker @ss sh!t. Its just something that is fun to do, but its not like we're being kept down by whites- in fact, if anything we've done that ourselves by using it as a justification for not taking initiative for ourselves.

And what up with this "go back to Africa sh!t". I'm talking to black people!! First, African's don't like black people. Second, what the f*ck am I gonna do in Africa? I mean really, besides end up fighting in some war I could give 2 sh!ts about, carry a machete, wearing sweatpants and tuxedo shoes."
- Patrice (not verbatim quoted but pretty close)

My final point is this. LJ deserves every dollar he earns, and deserves a new deal. I think a number of KC fans agree w/ this, and I even would say that I feel he should get a new deal even if it means we take an unfriendly cap hit. You may not like the blunt attitude he displays, and a number of people will be turned off by that, but I respect him for having the balls to be candid about his feelings, and manage to voice his opinion in a manner that is starkly different and 10x more professional than what Allen pulled.

We are talking about a guy that truly loves to play the game, and relishes in doing whatever it takes to make his team better. His attitude of looking past football only points to this. He realizes he has a finite window to make his mark in the league, and he's going to leave it all on the field.

I know Carl has the same feelings in terms of the idea of shelling out for a RB that has been worked so hard , but it was also his call on the pick, and it will make it much easier for him to redo LJ's contract because there is that ego stroke. I'm not really worried too much about this, mainly b/c Carl may be a prick of a negotiator, but he has alway taken care of those guys he deems worthy. Every player, sans Donnie Edwards, that Carl has gone on record to praise their contributions has been taken care of. Derrick, Tony, Dale, Will, Waters, Hasty, etc... etc.

Carl is a master bag of c0cks, but if you ever have talked to him 1 on 1 in a day to day setting, he is actually very astute, surprisingly upbeat and kind. He more-so relishes the fact that he's portrayed as a d!ck and egomaniac in the press simply b/c it gives him footing to negotiate. Look no further than Whitlock. Jason continually takes him to task in the media, but they actually get along very well, and have a more open dialog than what is perceived. It more a situation of 2 strong personalities that have learned to respect 1 another, disagree at times, and recognize that the other does them a service ultimately.

So, I'm on record as saying that LJ should get a deal close to LT. The market has bumped up in the 2 years since LT signed his, and he is a guy you should reward for his dedication- even if you don't like his candor.

keg in kc
06-22-2007, 02:56 AM
1st, 2nd, 3rd in this year's draft would have been a better deal than '07 first and '08 first. We'd have been crazy not to take that, if it was ever really on the board. And they'd have been crazy to offer it.

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2007, 03:03 AM
1st, 2nd, 3rd in this year's draft would have been a better deal than '07 first and '08 first. We'd have been crazy not to take that, if it was ever really on the board. And they'd have been crazy to offer it.

Pipe Dream. There's NO way this was offered. I doubt that anything was offered.

Somebody needs to corner Harlan and ask him what really went down, if anything.

ChiefaRoo
06-22-2007, 04:57 AM
LJ needs his money. He deserves it.

jwhit
06-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Do you think these interviews are more enlightening than this wonderful piece of journalism?
http://kcchiefs.com/news/2007/06/13/gretz_words_from_lj/

HemiEd
06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Do you think these interviews are more enlightening than this wonderful piece of journalism?

Yes, no question. Good job on the interviews.

Chiefnj
06-22-2007, 07:58 AM

You've got nothing on Weir. She could write an article on LJ's potential holdout, Brody Croyle, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, Tuscan art and midget porn all in one.

HonestChieffan
06-22-2007, 08:13 AM
If anyone had any doubt about this kid and his character...should have that cleared up.

He will be a problem, is a problem, and wont be anything but a problem. Attitude and his perspective will be his downfall. Peterson should trade him before his mouth overloads his ass and he ends up a footnote on the page of "could have beens".

tomahawk kid
06-22-2007, 08:21 AM
If anyone had any doubt about this kid and his character...should have that cleared up.

He will be a problem, is a problem, and wont be anything but a problem. Attitude and his perspective will be his downfall. Peterson should trade him before his mouth overloads his ass and he ends up a footnote on the page of "could have beens".

I just had a conversation with one of my buddies over this?

What makes you say that? Seriously.

If anything, these 2 articles make me feel better about where the guy is coming from.

It sounds like he's starting to mature and accept his role on this team.

the Talking Can
06-22-2007, 08:25 AM

funny, I took the exact opposite away from the interview...

he's very self-aware, he knows what he is and why that bothers some and causes problems sometimes...he "owns" that more than 99% of football players...

I feel better about giving him the money, if we do, after reading that. As i already posted, I don't think there is any way he'd get fat and happy a la Sims...

ChiefsFan4Life
06-22-2007, 08:26 AM

Gretz's "articles" make me get a headache. Nice interview.

the Talking Can
I just had a conversation with one of my buddies over this?

If anything, these 2 articles make me feel better about where the guy is coming from.

It sounds like he's starting to mature and accept his role on this team.

REPOST

ROFL

Chiefnj
Johnson has a little bit of Owens in him in that he'll tell the truth as he sees it and damned the political correctness.

I really don't care if Johnson is angry with the world or doesn't come across like Trent Green during interviews. It doesn't matter if he's a good guy or bad guy - fans will turn on him no matter what. Chief fans seem to turn on every player, unless they die prematurely from a car wreck.

He's smart enough to have learned the business aspect of the NFL at a young age and he's going to treat it like a business and not a game, because to him it's not.

HonestChieffan
06-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Some folks felt better about Nixon when he said he was not a crook...

This kid plays the media like a fiddle. His actions and inability to become anything other than this "angry man" rapstar wrongheaded clown will eventually be his downfall.

Hes a great football player, whats sad is that he could be so much morew but chooses to have the behavior of a spoiled 12 year old.

Trade him. Trade him soon.

the Talking Can
06-22-2007, 08:31 AM

huh?

not seeing any connection

tomahawk kid
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM

This kid plays the media like a fiddle. His actions and inability to become anything other than this "angry man" rapstar wrongheaded clown will eventually be his downfall.

Hes a great football player, whats sad is that he could be so much morew but chooses to have the behavior of a spoiled 12 year old.

Um, okay.

I guess I didn't get that from the article at all.

Mr. Plow
06-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Nicely said Cocina.

ChiefsfaninPA
06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I totally feel better about signing him long term after this piece. As long as he is producing and doesn't have any off-field problems why wouldn't we sign him. Especially at his position, he is well aware of the dangers of not getting his payday now. He has earned it already. Pay the man.

Buehler445
06-22-2007, 08:54 AM
First let me reiterate. Give him some money. Now. Shy of LT, but give him some damn money.

Johnson: ďRegardless of whether I get this money or not, Iím going to still be me. But Iím going to do it where Iím not embarrassing myself, Iím not embarrassing my teammates and Iím not trying to look like Iím after something once I get this money. The money is going to set me up for my kids and my future. Yeah, Iím going to buy me a nice toy, a new car. And thatís it. And then Iím going to set up for my family after that. Money doesnít change me.Ē

I really like that:)

Question: Are you angry about something, and if so why?

Johnson: ďIím always angry about something. My dad will tell you I was a moody kid when I was growing up. Thatís just who I was ó I was a moody kid. There was always something bothering me. When I was a kid, even if we won the game, if I felt like I didnít do something right, he knew I would be upset the rest of the day. A lot of that comes from me always putting pressure on myself. I was always under that pressure as a child, and there was always that anger that was inside of me. Itís just something that canít leave for me to always want to be the best.

ďIt always comes out in the worst times and at a time when itís not appropriate. I know that part. It was just the way I was raised being in a coachís household, everybody expects you to be better than your dad growing up or be just like your dad growing up. I had to live with that when I was 9.

Question: You do realize thatís unhealthy?

Johnson: ďI mean, yeah. Iíve been kind of doing better with that. A lot of people are surprised to see me smile more than I used to. My life used to be: what I wanted and what I was getting were miles apart. Now itís like right here (very close). Now I can be a little more at ease about where I am.Ē

Question: OK, but I want you to understand that being angry is physically unhealthy and can affect your life expectancy.

Johnson: ďIím definitely a lot better than I was a year ago.Ē

This is the only part that sounds like he is trying to maintain his image. But I'm not really worried about that.

Realistically, I like this kid as a football player. I don't necessarily agree with him on everything, but he seems to at least be reasonable in public. We could have so many worse players (Shockey, TO, Nate Clements, "I was too busy thinking about New Years" Grossman, Moss, Warren Sapp, the list goes on), that I think the KC PR machine can overcome any shortfalls of LJ's character, especially if he does like he says and not let money change him.

As far as leadership, I liked his comments. He didn't feed us some BS line about developing leadership skills or trying to help the next RB. He leads by example and that's all I'm going to ask of him. Some people are not leaders. They haven't developed the skills, and don't have it in their wiring upstairs to do it. He realizes it, and doesn't BS us.

Article Approved

dirk digler
06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Another great article\interview by Whitlock. LJ is impressing more and more with his honest and candid interviews.

noa
06-22-2007, 09:08 AM

Um, Nixon lied when he said he wasn't a crook. This interview is about LJ owning up to his shortcomings, explaining why he behaved the way he did, and how he has grown. He could playing the media, but at least he's acknowledging his shortcomings, which you don't seem to recognize.

Phobia
06-22-2007, 09:20 AM

Wow. I figured you had a higher opinion of yourself, Jason.

Gretz is a complete putz. I'm a complete amateur wannabe hack and I'd be insulted if somebody put one of my articles alongside an article belonging to Gretz.

Please don't ever do that again.

GoHuge
06-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I think what he is trying to say about the racist thing is blacks are doing it to themselves. That is what I took from it. Especially when it ended with him talking about young black people dressing and looking like shit. I don't think about these things. When I look at people I don't see skin color :)

I really don't, but nobody believes you when you say that so the smiley was in order.

Phobia
06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
I think what he is trying to say about the racist thing is blacks are doing it to themselves. That is what I took from it. Especially when it ended with him talking about young black people dressing and looking like shit. I don't think about these things. When I look at people I don't see skin color :)

I really don't, but nobody believes you when you say that so the smiley was in order.

I see skin color when somebody is dressed like a punk thug. I know it's wrong but hopefully LJ will help me with that little bit of racism left from earlier in life.

GoHuge
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
I honestly think it's a socioeconomic thing. I've seen the white kids in these neighborhoods dressed the same way. They all look ridiculous.

HemiEd
06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
huh?

not seeing any connection

LJ is telling us he is all better now, all he needs is his money and everything will be fine. He has matured, blah blah blah. I think it is a very good connection.

the Talking Can
06-22-2007, 09:42 AM
LJ is telling us he is all better now, all he needs is his money and everything will be fine. He has matured, blah blah blah. I think it is a very good connection.

huh?

this has what to do with Nixon lying about being a crook?

LJ admitted his mistakes...

LOCOChief
06-22-2007, 09:42 AM
I find LJ to be extremely immature for a 27 year old. why does this "young man" carry a chip on his shoulders when he apparently came from a caring family, went to good college, and is playing football for a living? He just sounds spoiled. That having been said, I wouldn't care if we traded him, there are plenty of good backs out there whether it's by committee or single back. In the end this guy ain't going to get it done on his own, and I personally don't want to hear any more race bs, leave that shit to fatlock.

jwhit
06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
bump

the Talking Can
06-22-2007, 12:50 PM
bump

whore

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2007, 12:50 PM
bump

I think this is great work, Jason. Maybe your finest hour in Kansas City. I'm really excited for part three.

Chiefnj
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
bump

How about some spoilers? Does Carl Peterson finally parallel park his car and make it into the diner to join you guys as Journey plays in the background?

Count Zarth
06-22-2007, 01:01 PM
I want to know who paid.

Sanka
06-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Jay-Z is a POS, he needs to stay away from him.

Fruit Ninja
06-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Jay-Z is a POS, he needs to stay away from him.
And you knw J-Z to say he's a PoS? When did you meet him and get to know him?