PDA

View Full Version : Stressed

jagerdrinker
06-23-2007, 02:44 AM
Okay, so at 10 o'clock tonight, my 17 year old daughter calls and says that she's been held up at gunpoint at her job, which is less than 4 blocks away from the house. The police are there, but they haven't caught the perp. It's now 2:42 am, and I'm sitting here pissed, because they still haven't caught the dude, and I'm worried, because she says she knows the guy. The guy even let one round off into the ceiling before he left. I'm stressed fellow Planeteers.

Halfcan
06-23-2007, 02:46 AM
wow I would be shittin kittens if that was my daughter.

best of luck to ya

luv
06-23-2007, 02:47 AM
No doubt, you're stressed. That's awful! I hope they catch him. She knew him? Would that help in catching him?

ChiefaRoo
06-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Bring her over to your house and keep your pistol handy. Buy her a GOOD monitored alarm system and get her a taser gun and some training just in case. Good luck.

jagerdrinker
06-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Yup, we've already given the cops his name, pictures from his myspace, etc. The guy has a record already, too. We live in a good neighborhood, but that doesn't make me think that would stop him from heading here if he knew we narced him out.

88TG88
06-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Thats some scary shit man. Hope the worst is over.

luv
06-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Why would he hold up someone he knew?

ClevelandBronco
06-23-2007, 02:53 AM
I can't imagine what you're going through. I have a 14 year old daughter, so I'm trying to understand, but you have to be going crazy.

I'm praying for you and your daughter as soon as I key these words.

Halfcan
06-23-2007, 02:54 AM

meth

ChiefaRoo
06-23-2007, 02:54 AM
Sounds like the guy is a moron and is unpredictable. Does she work at a convenience store?

Halfcan
06-23-2007, 02:56 AM
he sounds like a fugged up methhead

keg in kc
06-23-2007, 03:00 AM
I'm stressed too. My girlfriend was driving up from Tulsa tonight. She called at 8:30 or so, said she was on the way. Should've been here at 11. So she's 4 hours late, I've left several messages and texts and I haven't heard a word. I don't know if she turned around and went home, I don't know if she's been in a wreck, I don't know anything and it's driving me nuts. There's nobody that I can call, I don't know any numbers but hers, so I'm basically just stuck until someone calls me.

jagerdrinker
06-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Sweet...the cops caught the punk. We're in the clear from here. As far as the girlfriend situation, I'm hoping that everything turns out all right. Best wishes. Try the highway patrol, though.

jagerdrinker
06-23-2007, 03:04 AM
He might be a meth-head. His girlfriend used to work at the store, and he had made the comment that, "this place would be easy to rob." Unreal. The cops found everything, though, the money, the gun, the shirt, everything. Good ending all around, I'd say. Man.

ChiefaRoo
06-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Good!

keg in kc
06-23-2007, 03:28 AM
Sweet...the cops caught the punk. We're in the clear from here. As far as the girlfriend situation, I'm hoping that everything turns out all right. Best wishes. Try the highway patrol, though.Glad it turned out okay.

And I'm assuming, in my case, that she just turned around and went home. We've had problems for months. This would've been the first time I'd gotten to see her since january. I can't believe she'd do it without saying anything.

I just dialed her cell, however, and it picked up in 2 rings, which usually means she's on the phone.

I don't know her route, I don't know her license number, I'm not even sure she's driving the same vehicle she was 6 months ago. So I don't think the highway patrol (and i'm not even sure which one to call) can help me a whole lot.

So I'm going to have to hope she's okay and just afraid to talk to me.

I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight, though.

HMc
06-23-2007, 03:45 AM
Let us know how that goes mate.

SPchief
06-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Keg, are you sure this is your girlfriend?

keg in kc
06-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Keg, are you sure this is your girlfriend?That's been a question for a while.

She just called. About an hour after we talked (meaning about an hour from here), her truck died.. She didn't have cell coverage there (which was why our phone call had ended...). Walked an hour to a payphone to call a tow truck (in the dark :eek: ). Three hours later they finally showed up. They have another hour drive to the shop, then her sister's picking her up and taking her home. Looks like I may be driving down to Tulsa to get her tomorrow.

I need a drink.

ChiefaRoo
06-23-2007, 04:09 AM
That's been a question for a while.

She just called. About an hour after we talked (meaning about an hour from here), her truck died.. She didn't have cell coverage there (which was why our phone call had ended...). Walked an hour to a payphone to call a tow truck (in the dark :eek: ). Three hours later they finally showed up. They have another hour drive to the shop, then her sister's picking her up and taking her home. Looks like I may be driving down to Tulsa to get her tomorrow.

I need a drink.

Glad she's safe. So on to business. Does she have great big tatties? :) I'm just asking. Do you motorboat 'em? You motorboat don't you, you motorboating SOB!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwnscrzVtDc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwnscrzVtDc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

tk13
06-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Well at least she didn't ditch you. You should go get her. And give her a gift when you arrive to cheer her up, sounds like she had a rough night.

Phobia
06-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Well at least she didn't ditch you. You should go get her. And give her a gift when you arrive to cheer her up, sounds like she had a rough night.Sounds like she's gonna have another rough night. Heh.

Glad it worked out, Kyle.

Rain Man
06-23-2007, 08:55 AM

Maybe he had read Sun Tzu's classic book, "The Art of War" and understands that knowing one's enemy is the key to victory in any conflict.

Of course, the meth theory is a good one, too.

Sure-Oz
06-23-2007, 11:52 AM
glad to hear your daughter is ok