PDA

View Full Version : Life Vacation? Have you taken it yet?

Pages : [1] 2

HemiEd
06-26-2007, 09:04 AM
If you have, where have you gone? If not, are you taking one? Where are you going?

Oh, I am a Wichita tourism statistic, what a beautiful place!

Buehler445
06-26-2007, 09:08 AM
If you have, where have you gone? If not, are you taking one? Where are you going?

Do you live in Wichita?

Dartgod
06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Went to Noel, Mo to float the Elk River in early June.

Going to Vegas in October. We'll probably take a few camping trips in between.

Donger
06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I may get the chance to go back to Monaco this summer. We'll see.

Scaga
06-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Wow....
People come here on purpose????
I thought they only came to Wichita to pick up airplanes?

:hmmm:

Mr. Plow
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Going to Dallas in July. It's cold in Dallas in July....right? :rolleyes:

Going to San Antonio in October.

Both business trips, but should be some time for fun and golf.

Bugeater
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM

Heh, I have some friends down in the Noel area, I've been down there many times floating on that river. Is that bridge by the Elk River campground where you have to lay down in your canoe to get under it still there? And what is going on with Ginger Blue these days, has it fallen to the ground yet? It was just being used as housing for the mexicans that work at the chicken plant the last time I was down there. It used to be a nice place back in the day.

Stewie
Heading out on Saturday for 10 days in the Rocky Mountains.

sd4chiefs
I'm going to Wichita in a few weeks to visit with my Bizzaro In-laws. :(

Sure-Oz
Not yet, probably the first week of september, which is my bday week, may go to cabo san lucas if we can afford to.

wutamess
06-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas: Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West. 2nd time I'd been on the exact same cruise.

Had the time of my life.
Swam with dolphins(Nassau), snorkeled(Coco Cay), rode scooters all around KeyWest.

Going to Dallas this weekend for family reunion.

rageeumr
06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Went to Breckenridge in January. Went to Chicago last month for work. Going back to Chicago over labor day. I won a 7 night stay in Panama City in a silent auction that I haven't used yet. That pretty much kills the vacation for this year.

Oh, and I took a day off work to go to Rolla for St. Pat's. :D

Tatertot13
06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Spent a week in the Turks and Caicos Islands

Dartgod
06-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Heh, I have some friends down in the Noel area, I've been down there many times floating on that river. Is that bridge by the Elk River campground where you have to lay down in your canoe to get under it still there? And what is going on with Ginger Blue these days, has it fallen to the ground yet? It was just being used as housing for the mexicans that work at the chicken plant the last time I was down there. It used to be a nice place back in the day.
The low water bridge was replaced a few years ago, from what I'm told. My wife was telling me about the old bridge that you had to lay down to get under, just like you described. We stayed at that campground by the bridge the last two years.

Ginger Blue hotel, or whatever it was has been leveled. Nothing left there now but an empty lot.

Bugeater
06-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Good choice. I was out there in 2005, it's incredible if you've never been out there before. Just make sure you buy your beer in liquor stores and have current proof of insurance.

Buehler445
Unfortunately, I've spent all my vacation time interviewing for jobs. However, I do plan to take some time to make it back to Western Kansas to drive a combine. WOW. I need a real vacation. You guys are my heros.

chagrin
Went to Russia in January, going to Budapest, Hungary in August.

Herzig
06-26-2007, 09:31 AM

One of the great things about being a teacher is the vacation time. Keep in mind I used to work during summer until a couple of years ago.

During spring break, my fiance and I went on a cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Also, I just went on a 3 day golf trip with 12 friends to Tannenbaum golf course....then 2 days later we left for Santa Rosa Beach FL just outside of Destin for week long beach house vacation.

As a teacher I will never be wealthy, but how much is a 2 and a half month summer worth every year?

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Anyone know how a time share works? my gf's dad may discuss giving us one or getting us one.

Saulbadguy
06-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Anyone know how a time share works? my gf's dad may discuss giving us one or getting us one.
They give you the timeshare and YOU have to pay the maintenance fees.

Bugeater
06-26-2007, 09:35 AM
The low water bridge was replaced a few years ago, from what I'm told. My wife was telling me about the old bridge that you had to lay down to get under, just like you described. We stayed at that campground by the bridge the last two years.

Ginger Blue hotel, or whatever it was has been leveled. Nothing left there now but an empty lot.
That doesn't surprise me about that bridge, I seem to remember hearing something about it getting damaged in a flood a while back. One of my friends panicked one time, and decided at the last second he didn't want to go under it and ended up somehow getting his canoe pinned up perpendicular to the pilings of it a couple feet underwater, and it was extremely difficult to get it out of there as the current was very strong underneath it. IIRC his girlfriend lost her glasses in the incident too.

Good times. :)

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Is there any benefits of having a time share?

Adept Havelock
06-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I found out long ago
It's a long way down the holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Take a ride on the West Coast kick
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road

I found out long ago
It's a long way down the holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road

Jenson71
06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm going to Chicago in about a week.

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I think he is letting us use his rather than "give" i guess.

cdcox
06-26-2007, 09:44 AM
I did the Sedalia, KC, Des Moines tour in June to visit family.

HemiEd
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Do you live in Wichita?

I did for about 45 years. I still have the majority of my family there.

Wow....
People come here on purpose????
I thought they only came to Wichita to pick up airplanes?

:hmmm:

The lastest beautification project is very nice. They moved the keeper of the plains guy, I like the whole thing, first class IMO.

HemiEd
06-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Is there any benefits of having a time share?

I would gladly sell you mine, just pick up the maintenence fees. I think TSs are the biggest scam out there, I could rant about it for hours.

El Jefe
06-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I dont get vacations, yes it sucks. So reading all the places you guys have went/been is disheartenening.

Smed1065
06-26-2007, 09:51 AM
I spent a 7 days in the the Bahamas last week. Unfortunately, I had to return back to reality.

pikesome
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm taking the fam-damn-ly down to Louisiana for a week over the 4th holiday. My Gparents live on a boat in West Monroe, the kids will get a kick out of staying there. My Gparents are also fairly well retired so they do as little as they can which sounds fine by me. :)

Phobia
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Probably going out to Denver in July.

Reerun_KC
06-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately, I've spent all my vacation time interviewing for jobs. However, I do plan to take some time to make it back to Western Kansas to drive a combine. WOW. I need a real vacation. You guys are my heros.

I would love to do that at least once....

I have always wanted to join a harvest....

luv
06-26-2007, 10:04 AM
I took a mini-vacation to KC in April.

I went to Panama City Beach for a day while in Florida for work.

Don't know if those count as vacations, but that's as close as I've gotten.

Reerun_KC
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Well we went camping and kayaking alot in the spring... Noel Mo, Ozark Ar, Antles Ok and so on...

We are big into kayaking... Taking a vacation for Rocklahoma....

Other than that. My wife is a nurse and works 3 weekends a month... So really nothing until the fall, then we are going to do some camping and having football sundays out in the campsites... Thank you Direct TV!

Wile_E_Coyote
06-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Redrum should take interesting vacations & the postcards...

Fire Me Boy!
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
My main vacation will be around Christmas. I'll take a long weekend at the end of July. Going to see my best friend in a major role in the St. Louis Shakespeare Company's performance of Othello.

Buehler445
06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I would love to do that at least once....

I have always wanted to join a harvest....

Some people love it. I do it to help my dad out and because I can take paid vacation and work to earn more money. If you are really interested, I could try to set something up for next summer.

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I would gladly sell you mine, just pick up the maintenence fees. I think TSs are the biggest scam out there, I could rant about it for hours.
I do not know much about them to be honest, i just know her dad is wealthy and probably can afford the maintenence fees. i think we'd just pay for the trip or whatever nothing directly with the tiem share

HemiEd
06-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I do not know much about them to be honest, i just know her dad is wealthy and probably can afford the maintenence fees. i think we'd just pay for the trip or whatever nothing directly with the tiem share

Her Dad doesn't fit their normal demographic, from what I know. Unusual, since most wealthy people can buy their vacation spots outright. They usually prey on vacationers, during their vacation. High pressure, well set up sales mechanism. They create a lot of urgency, since they only have a few left.
You pay a large up front cost, then the annual maintence fee is about what it would cost you to rent "your time share" that the company is renting from an owner of the property.
The biggest rip off comes when you want to sell it. They charge you a substantial listing fee, then they don't sell it. Why would they? They would just sell a new one, and keep all the revenue, since their is no actual limits or property involved.

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Her Dad doesn't fit their normal demographic, from what I know. Unusual, since most wealthy people can buy their vacation spots outright. They usually prey on vacationers, during their vacation. High pressure, well set up sales mechanism. They create a lot of urgency, since they only have a few left.
You pay a large up front cost, then the annual maintence fee is about what it would cost you to rent "your time share" that the company is renting from an owner of the property.
The biggest rip off comes when you want to sell it. They charge you a substantial listing fee, then they don't sell it. Why would they? They would just sell a new one, and keep all the revenue, since their is no actual limits or property involved.
Ahh i see....

yeah he takes alot of vaca's wherever so i guess he wanted to discuss one with her that we could go on. I always saw those commercials and never understood it but that helps. Whatever works i just want to go on a vacation hehe, but i personally wouldnt get one based off what you said.

Bugeater
06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
While many of them operate that way, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case with his. My wife's uncles are both pilots for Southwest, and they along with 10 other pilots organized their own timeshare on a house in Lake Tahoe. They split the costs evenly and each had a week in every season, it seemed to work out good for them. We stayed there for a week on our honeymoon, it was an awesome place.

Sure-Oz
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
While many of them operate that way, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case with his. My wife's uncles are both pilots for Southwest, and they along with 10 other pilots organized their own timeshare on a house in Lake Tahoe. They split the costs evenly and each had a week in every season, it seemed to work out good for them. We stayed there for a week on our honeymoon, it was an awesome place.
Yeah he does something like that, i think it may be something within his company not sure, but it sounds good to me if it's his and we rae using it.

TrebMaxx
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
This Friday I will be on a plane heading to the Virgian Islands. Staying a week in St. Johns. Then back on a plane to take me back to the grind.

Buster's Dad
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
We spent from the 8 th of May thru the 22nd in Ireland, my daughter lives in Dublin, did a couple of long bus tours while we were there :clap: :clap:

HemiEd
06-26-2007, 10:41 AM

That is a true timeshare, with property involved. That would be great to be a part of, for the most part.

I had a buddy do something similar, 12 guys went together and bought three condos on the west coast of Florida. It turned into a real soap opera, a lot of laughs for me, hilarious. They did surprise me though, by keeping it together as long as they did.
Short version, a couple of the guys (drunk) got the rest of the owners evicted from the golf course forever, etc.

Monty
06-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Took the kids to Schlitterbahn and did the San Antonio thing a couple of weeks ago.

We're taking a week off at the end of July and will take the new Gold Wing out to the Black Hills for a fun week of riding/drinking/gambling. Was going to go to TC, but since it's on HBO we changed our plans. :)

Below is a pic of the new bike we'll be cruising on.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/txchief/GoldWing.jpg

HemiEd
06-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Took the kids to Schlitterbahn and did the San Antonio thing a couple of weeks ago.

We're taking a week off at the end of July and will take the new Gold Wing out to the Black Hills for a fun week of riding/drinking/gambling. Was going to go to TC, but since it's on HBO we changed our plans. :)

Below is a pic of the new bike we'll be cruising on.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/txchief/GoldWing.jpg

Nice Bike, congrats. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun.

Frazod
06-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Went to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite earlier in the month. I'm really bummed about the fire - that's such a beautiful area. I guess I was lucky to see it when I did.

Monty
06-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Nice Bike, congrats. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun.

Thanks. I'm originally from the Black Hills, so any chance I get to go home again, I'll take advantage of the opportunity.

luv
06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, it's not for a vacation, but I just found out I'm flying back down to Tallahassee later this week for the weekend.

Iowanian
06-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Vacation?

Nothing over 2 work days in years.

This summer's vacation will be relocating and becoming self employed.

Reerun_KC
06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Some people love it. I do it to help my dad out and because I can take paid vacation and work to earn more money. If you are really interested, I could try to set something up for next summer.

I would love to take you up on that... my plans are to be out of work by next memorial day and off to an airline or corp pilot job, so I could use 3-4 days of extra $$$ at that time...

Buehler445
06-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I would love to take you up on that... my plans are to be out of work by next memorial day and off to an airline or corp pilot job, so I could use 3-4 days of extra $$$ at that time...

It would probably have to be from June 25th-July 4th to make it helpful for my dad. Can you drive a semi or a tractor?

afchiefs
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
The wife and I are planning to go somewhere that we've never been in the continental US at the end of July. Right now I'm leaning towards San Antonio. Is that a good or bad idea? Thanks

Bugeater
06-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Went to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite earlier in the month. I'm really bummed about the fire - that's such a beautiful area. I guess I was lucky to see it when I did.
Yes that is a shame, they're worried all the ash might gunk up that beautiful clear water there, although I know there's been forest fires there before and the lake has survived. It's just so dry there in the summer time, heck I was afraid to grill with charcoal when I was there because I knew one stray spark could set the entire place on fire. I didn't want to be that idiot.

Kerberos
06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
My son and I are going to Vegas to visit mom and dad/grandma and grandpa.

Built in sitters that want some quaility time with thier grandson and I get to go out and PLAY!

My wife had surgery 3 months ago and has no vacation time left so she gets to stay back here and work. Wish she could go but my son and I will have a blast in Vegas.

KCChiefsMan
06-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans in Feb. That was pretty fun, a little scary at times but for the most part it was cool

REDHOTGTO
06-26-2007, 01:42 PM

what part you goin to? we leave in 19 days for estes park colorado, & buena vista, lots of hiking & 4 wheelin :)

Stewie
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
what part you goin to? we leave in 19 days for estes park colorado, & buena vista, lots of hiking & 4 wheelin :)

Estes Park. We stay at the YMCA camp. It's great for kids which there will be five in our group. On the 5th four of us are going west to Crystal. A physician friend of ours has a cabin that's awesome. No electricity, but an unbelievable location. It's a bitch of a road between Marble and Crystal but worth every oil pan scrape.

HemiEd
06-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans in Feb. That was pretty fun, a little scary at times but for the most part it was cool

I really want to do that some day. Can you elaborate on your experience?

LocoChiefsFan
06-26-2007, 08:49 PM
We just got back from Florida. We went to Disney World for 8 days. Next year the wife and I are taking a cruise and leaving our ungreatful children at a babysitter.

Lzen
06-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Took the family to Florida Memorial Day weekend. Stayed with some friends for the week. Spent a couple of days at Cocoa Beach and did the Universal Studios thing. The fishing charter didn't happen because the waters were way too choppy.

Just got back from 5 days at Tuttle Creek in Manhattan. Wife and friends like that Country stuff. Eh, I just go to make the wife happy. But it is a fun time. No kids, no work, lots of beer drinking and boobies. :)

Plan to go up to Minneapolis in August for and extended weekend. Will be staying with a friend who lives up there. Plan to go to the Dream Theater concert up there on the 9th. Then we'll drive over to River Falls and catch the Chiefs training camp.

kcfan82
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Tomorrow AM, leave for San Fran, drive down Pacific Coast Highway (stop at Pebble Beach) go to LA, and down to San Diego.

I may stop in Tijuana to make a roid run for Bonds.

Nzoner
06-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Went to Vegas in March

Texarkana to visit dole in April

Going to Sioux Falls in latter July

Then back to vegas in October

luv
06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Went to Vegas in March

Texarkana to visit dole in April

Going to Sioux Falls in latter July

Then back to vegas in October
Your place in September will count as another mini-vacation for me.

Mojo Rising
06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Went to Winter Park, CO for a week of snowboarding in Feb. So Cal and Disneyland for a week last month.

Our next 2 trips are through Yosemite in the mountains next week and KC in Sept for the home opener.

We have had a good timeshare experience. My Dad and his family split a large house in June Lake, CA (just north of Mammoth Mountain (15 miles) and east of Yosemite (30 miles) with his high school buddy and their family.

They are all responsible for all of the costs and decisions so that is probably why I like the arrangement. When it is available it is a sweet place to stay for 15+.

Mojo Rising
06-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Tomorrow AM, leave for San Fran, drive down Pacific Coast Highway (stop at Pebble Beach) go to LA, and down to San Diego.

I may stop in Tijuana to make a roid run for Bonds.

Thats a great drive. It might take a while if you take 1 the whole way. Big Sur and Monterey are worth the extra time.

The Hearst Castle is also cool since you'll be in the area. Paso Robles is a real up and coming wine area near there. Nquite as good or expensive as Napa...but still very good.

SPchief
06-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Went to Vegas in may, the first real time off I've had in a little over two years.

Ugly Duck
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Gonna drive up to the Olympic Peninsula in a few weeks. Might stop off in Portland to have a beer with Taco John on the way.....

DT4everaChief
06-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Went on a 7 day cruise in March to Mexico. It was my first cruise, I went with 8 other people and had the greastest time.

PunkinDrublic
06-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Went to Mertyle Beach SC last month for a family vacation after finishing college. Last year I was in Galway, Ireland for a week in March for St. Patricks day. Next year I'm going to Costa Rica.

Chief Henry
06-27-2007, 07:33 AM
The end of April the mrs and I went to hawaii for a week.

Two weeks ago 18 of us went to Panama City Beach, Florida. Whata great time that was.
We rented Wave runners and spent alot of
time on the beach. There is many places to
play mini putt. One different thing we did was
attemtp to walk through a maze. That was fun.
Panama City Beach has alot of cool restraunts
and bars. PCB has 27 miles of beach.

In two weeks I'm going fishing with one of my brothers at "Lake of the Woods"
www.ballardsresort.com Were hoping to catch
some nice Walleyes :) and then eat ALOT of
Walleye.

The end of August we shave some friends coming in from Rockford, Illinoise. They'll be camping for
four nights and we'll be doing alot of boating and tubing and water skiing. Its a busy summer for sure. I wouldn't want it any other way.

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM
We just got back from Florida. We went to Disney World for 8 days. Next year the wife and I are taking a cruise and leaving our ungreatful children at a babysitter.

ROFL I am betting some day, they will express their appreciation.

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 08:15 AM
The end of April the mrs and I went to hawaii for a week.

Two weeks ago 18 of us went to Panama City Beach, Florida. Whata great time that was.
We rented Wave runners and spent alot of
time on the beach. There is many places to
play mini putt. One different thing we did was
attemtp to walk through a maze. That was fun.
Panama City Beach has alot of cool restraunts
and bars. PCB has 27 miles of beach.

In two weeks I'm going fishing with one of my brothers at "Lake of the Woods"
www.ballardsresort.com Were hoping to catch
some nice Walleyes :) and then eat ALOT of
Walleye.

The end of August we shave some friends coming in from Rockford, Illinoise. They'll be camping for
four nights and we'll be doing alot of boating and tubing and water skiing. Its a busy summer for sure. I wouldn't want it any other way.
You do play hard! I am saving that link to ballard resort, thanks.

BigMeatballDave
06-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Vacation? What is that? I can never afford to go anywhere. I usually spend the free time with my son.

OnTheWarpath15
06-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Good timing with this thread.......

The wife and I left last Thursday for a golf trip to Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Had an AWESOME time. 6 rounds of golf in 4 days. I'll post pictures when I get back......

Which was supposed to be LAST NIGHT.

:cuss:

Flying home, we get to our connection city (Dallas) to find out that our flight to STL has been cancelled due to weather, and the earliest they can rebook us is 9:35 tonight.

(After standing in line for 2 hours and waiting in line for a rental car for another 2 hours.....got to the hotel about 1:00am......to find a room with a double bed. ONE double bed. But it's better than the hundreds of people who were sleeping in the airport....)

So, we're stuck in Dallas, without our luggage. Got the clothes on my back, and my backpack full of electronics. If you see a guy with a shaved head wearing a red Chiefs T-shirt wandering through Big D today, say hi. Gonna try to make the best of it and go to Sammy's BBQ, the Dallas Museum of Art, and the 6th Floor Museum (JFK)

Hopefully things get back on track tonight. Nothing against Dallas, but I'd rather not be stuck here any longer than necessary.

Wish us luck......

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 12:05 PM

The wife and I left last Thursday for a golf trip to Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Had an AWESOME time. 6 rounds of golf in 4 days. I'll post pictures when I get back......

Flying home, we get to our connection city (Dallas) to find out that our flight to STL has been cancelled due to weather, and the earliest they can rebook us is 9:35 tonight.

(After standing in line for 2 hours and waiting in line for a rental car for another 2 hours.....got to the hotel about 1:00am......to find a room with a double bed. ONE double bed. But it's better than the hundreds of people who were sleeping in the airport....)

So, we're stuck in Dallas, without our luggage. Got the clothes on my back, and my backpack full of electronics. If you see a guy with a shaved head wearing a red Chiefs T-shirt wandering through Big D today, say hi. Gonna try to make the best of it and go to Sammy's BBQ, the Dallas Museum of Art, and the 6th Floor Museum (JFK)

Hopefully things get back on track tonight. Nothing against Dallas, but I'd rather not be stuck here any longer than necessary.

Wish us luck......

Sounds like you are making the most out of it and at least its not hot in Dallas. :D

ChiefsFan4Life
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Going to San Diego at the end of July

CupidStunt
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Sunny Beach, Bulgaria... this Friday.

OnTheWarpath15
06-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Sounds like you are making the most out of it and at least its not hot in Dallas. :D

Hot, no.

Humid, absof*ckinglutely.

Sitting in a Borders (wifi access) to check flight info again.

The 6th Floor Museum was really interesting.

Decided to pass on the Art Museum.

Will probably chill here at Borders for a bit, then maybe drive out to Irving to see Jerry Jones' Toilet Bowl.......

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Sunny Beach, Bulgaria... this Friday.

Bulgaria? Are you serious? Tell us more please.

ROYC75
06-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Vacation ? What is that ?

CupidStunt
06-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Bulgaria? Are you serious? Tell us more please.

What's to tell?

Typical European beach holiday with the Mrs. 2 weeks, 5-star hotel, breakfast and evening meal all paid for...

I'll tell more when I return.

06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Vegas in August

Ft Lauderdale/Miami in Nov/Dec

kcmaxwell
06-27-2007, 03:27 PM
just finished LPN school, (graduate sturday, 6/30...) taking the fam to south MO on a float trip on the Current. Figure its the least i can do for them putting up with me for the last year...
maxwell

Delano
06-27-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm taking a week long research trip to Yellowstone in late August. While half of the days will be filled with meetings and other structured research, the other half should be somewhat vacation-like.

Chief Henry
06-27-2007, 04:02 PM
You do play hard! I am saving that link to ballard resort, thanks.

Work hard, play hard...

I've been to canada fishing on several occassions. This place
at Ballards says we don't have to bring any gear or any bait.
All we have to do is bring clothes and a cooler :) They prepare all the
meals and clean all the fish. Heck, I'm going to try it out. I'll like fishing different locations, especially when they CLEAN the Fish.

Chief Henry
06-27-2007, 04:03 PM
just finished LPN school, (graduate sturday, 6/30...) taking the fam to south MO on a float trip on the Current. Figure its the least i can do for them putting up with me for the last year...
maxwell

The Current River is fun. So is the Huzzah River.

PunkinDrublic
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Hot, no.

Will probably chill here at Borders for a bit, then maybe drive out to Irving to see Jerry Jones' Toilet Bowl.......

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Stewie
06-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm taking a week long research trip to Yellowstone in late August. While half of the days will be filled with meetings and other structured research, the other half should be somewhat vacation-like.

Are you studying the next eruption of the Super Volcano? We're doomed I tell ya! :)

HemiEd
06-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Work hard, play hard...

I've been to canada fishing on several occassions. This place
at Ballards says we don't have to bring any gear or any bait.
All we have to do is bring clothes and a cooler :) They prepare all the
meals and clean all the fish. Heck, I'm going to try it out. I'll like fishing different locations, especially when they CLEAN the Fish.

That sounds even better. I love the taste of walleye, and trout, just about the only fresh water fish I care for.

HolyHandgernade
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Leave tomorrow for Sequoia National and then Yosemite Parks!!!!

Frazod
06-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Leave tomorrow for Sequoia National and then Yosemite Parks!!!!

Enjoy. You'll love it!

HemiEd
06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Hot, no.

Well, did you make it back ok? Were you underwhelmed at the toilet bowl as lj4mvp suggested?

Buck
06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
This is "El Verano de Vacaciones" for me.

I'm flying to Baltimore in late July and driving out to Ocean City, MD from there. I'll be there for 10 days visiting family.

Then I am flying out to Omaha in early September to hang out with Bugeater. Apparently he has some friends he wants me to meet, so we'll be doing that.

Sure-Oz
06-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I have not taken one this year. I am saving up for a trip to mexico on a nice resort all inclusive style. Any suggestions would be great.

OnTheWarpath15
06-21-2010, 09:19 PM

Wish us luck......

Well, did you make it back ok? Were you underwhelmed at the toilet bowl as lj4mvp suggested?

Great timing on this thread bump, Mrs. OTW58 and I were just talking about this trip tonight, as it was a 1st Anniversary trip and we just celebrated our 4th on Thursday.

We ended up DRIVING back to STL, because those fuckers canceled our flight a 2nd time. And there was massive flooding in North Texas at the time, so we had to take the long way - cutting across Arkansas and up I-55 from just outside Memphis.

IIRC the rental car fee was upwards of $400. AA gave us enough FF mileage to cover 4 round trip flights, so it could have been worse.

Dartgod
06-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Going to Salida, CO next week for white water rafting, then Chicago 2 weeks later. Maybe Vegas in October if we can save enough by then.

cardken
06-21-2010, 09:21 PM

I used to live in Bella Vista Ark, in College and worked at Don's Stateline Liquor on the weekends. Used to float at noel all the time, is the bar Shadowlake still there?

honeydanny84
06-21-2010, 09:25 PM
not yet recently, but i am looking forward to a long and leisure vacation

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Went to Puerto Vallarta with a frat brother and his two friends from HS. We get schwasted a lot, ran with a group of three Michigan/Chicago dudes who were a little strange at times. First night on the town I went comatose after only a few drinks (nothing would wake me up; slaps to the face, being posed with in pictures et cetera) and had to be Kellen Winslow'ed to the resort. Next night was a foam party, it was sufficiently foamy, got rejected by a hot Mexican girl. Night after that was Zoo, where we had front row seats for the stripper pole contest. I got rejected by an American girl, and later found out my frat brother was telling girls I was gay. Uncool. The Chicago guys' vacation was done at this point so they didn't go back out with us.

Night after that we went back to the same club I went comatose at and had a better time, made friends with a group of Mexicans using the best broken Spanish I could muster. American trio setting next to our both were from Cali; girl was a participant in the stripper pole contest, I learned. When I informed her boyfriend she was off dancing with other people he replied "Eh, it's all right. She likes girls too." I was a little aback. After pounding drinks (one shot was made double strong at the amusement of our waiter) I heard a David Guetta song, and with intoxicated and glasses-less eyes I grabbed the best looking dame I could see in the shortest distance and began grinding. Apparently this lasted for about two hours; I missed the conversation with the British girls were one tried to work game on one of the guys I was rolling with in saying "You look like Wayne Rooney". Poor chap was vodka+cranberry sick and he refused to dance, realizing any movement would illicit vomiting. End of the night the fratbrother went home without me and the other two guys, I managed to get the girl I was dancing with's number (Mexican/American girl from Chicago, incidentally) and the Wayne Rooney look alike puked in the bathroom. We got a cab back and that was the end of that.

Night after that we stayed at the resort. Three of us finished the remaining 30~ beers left. Fratbrother punched me square in the bottom/i] of my nutsack for absolutely no reason. My revenge will not be proportional. Our final night we went out to the Malecon to eat; the fratbrother and the guy who just finished his freshman year of college got suckered into Zoo for 2-for-1 beer "special" by a scantily clad female working for the club. They really, [i]really wanted Bud Light. I was ashamed. The upside was that we watched Game 6 of the Suns/Lakers series to dramatic effect.

Then we had to wake up at 5:00am to catch the 8:00am flight back to the states. I was back home by 10:00pm.

Rain Man
06-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Going to Salida, CO next week for white water rafting, then Chicago 2 weeks later. Maybe Vegas in October if we can save enough by then.

Salida is a cool town that's underappreciated.

And there's some restaurant on the west side of town that has this apple-brie-raspberry appetizer that is worth a murder rap. It's on the south side of the main drag and it backs up to the creek and it has a gift shop boutique place in the front. Go there and have that appetizer. I half-think it might be the Twisted Cork, but I can't find a picture of it.

Buck
06-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Damn J Town, sounds like fun.

I may sneak an impromptu Vegas trip in this year. I am unemployed after all. I just need to find someone who can go with me for 2 days to get drunk and gamble.

OnTheWarpath15
06-21-2010, 09:32 PM

I may sneak an impromptu Vegas trip in this year. I am unemployed after all. I just need to find someone who can go with me for 2 days to get drunk and gamble.

This will be the first calendar year I haven't been to Vegas since 1997.

Sad fucking panda.

Closest thing I get to a vacation this year is a long weekend with you fucksticks for MNF.

:D

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2010, 09:34 PM

It was interesting, to say the least. And I forgot to mention about the girl I got her digits from: she stopped texting me after she added me to facebook. Not that I expected anything, but c'mon. If I weren't a jaded prick that would be a kick in the teeth.

And I'd be down for Vegas if you pay for everything sans my plane tickets... And promise to avoid the gaybars.

Buck
06-21-2010, 09:34 PM
This will be the first calendar year I haven't been to Vegas since 1997.

Sad fucking panda.

Closest thing I get to a vacation this year is a long weekend with you fucksticks for MNF.

:D

But it will be oh so fun.

I do really feel bad for all of you people outside of KC coming in just to see your team embarrassed on National TV in week 1, in your newly renovated stadium.

Dartgod
06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
I used to live in Bella Vista Ark, in College and worked at Don's Stateline Liquor on the weekends. Used to float at noel all the time, is the bar Shadowlake still there?
Yep, still there.

Buck
06-21-2010, 09:37 PM
It was interesting, to say the least. And I forgot to mention about the girl I got her digits from: she stopped texting me after she added me to facebook. Not that I expected anything, but c'mon. If I weren't a jaded prick that would be a kick in the teeth.

And I'd be down for Vegas if you pay for everything sans my plane tickets... And promise to avoid the gaybars.

Deal. I'll give you a $30 per diem and buy you two drinks per night (but I expect a handy).

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Yep, still there.

My dad used to frequent Shadowlake until 2000... I'm afraid if I go there to party I'll wind up coming across one of his attempted pick-ups. Heeesh.

OnTheWarpath15
06-21-2010, 09:39 PM

I do really feel bad for all of you people outside of KC coming in just to see your team embarrassed on National TV in week 1, in your newly renovated stadium.

We're used to it, minus the national TV and the new stadium.

I've driven 8 hours round trip to sit in sub-zero wind chills and see us lose to Miami - a warm weather team, FFS - and I did the same last year with no guarantee of having tickets to see us lose to fucking Cleveland.

CLEVELAND.

If I can handle that, I can handle all that driving to see us get a new asshole ripped by a team that actually should beat us.

Pablo
06-21-2010, 11:27 PM

I do really feel bad for all of you people outside of KC coming in just to see your team embarrassed on National TV in week 1, in your newly renovated stadium.Arrowhead should be particularly amped the fuck up for this game.

I expect a very drunken, raucous crowd.

You'll get to see how us loss-hardened midwesterners get the fuck down at our stadium. There will me no pina colodas or hacky sacks in the parking lot. Just drunken, rowdy bastards ready to sodomize and terminate Chargers fans.

HAVE A GOOD TIME BUCK.

2bikemike
06-22-2010, 05:13 AM
I am taking 2 vacations this year.

Trip 1 is a Road Trip on the back of my bike. I am going to a wedding in Cleveland. So the trip starts here in San Diego I will travel through AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS (visiting family and friends), MO, IL, IN, OH (for the wedding), MI (visiting family and friends), WI, MN, ND, MT (Glacier National Park) ID, WA (visiting friends) OR, and back to San Diego. We will be on the road for a month.

Trip 2 Maui HI

bevischief
06-22-2010, 05:27 AM
http://www.countrystampede.com/

VIP is the only way to go.

Hutchinson, KS here in a month, the Bash and MNF in Sept.

LaChapelle
06-22-2010, 05:45 AM
North Lima, Ohio to visit the Zim's Crack Creme factory
I'm now able to watch porn 6 hours a night

seclark
06-22-2010, 06:52 AM
took the wife to cancun for a week last may.

next week is mens week. got a cabin rented on the current river down in the ozarks. big brother, brother in law and his son, my son and me. going to fish, float, and explore some old family cemeteries.

sec

DaKCMan AP
06-22-2010, 06:57 AM
So far this year:

January - went to Napa, CA for 5 nights
March - went to Barcelona, Spain for 8 nights
April/May - visited friends in San Jose, CA for 3 days
June - went to Key West, FL for 4 days
---------
September - 3 day trip planned to Knoxville, TN for the FL/UT game

Still have 5 vacation days left in addition to Dec 24 - January 3 off work. May plan a trip for December.

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Going on a trip to Peru in August for 10 days. Visiting Lima (go ahead with your Vander Sloot jokes), Cuzco (Always wanted to see Machu Picchu) and lake Titicaca the worlds highest navigable lake. Used my airline miles for the plane ticket so I've got my entire tax return for spending money. Truely the trip of a life time.

DaKCMan AP
06-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Going on a trip to Peru in August for 10 days. Visiting Lima (go ahead with your Vander Sloot jokes), Cuzco (Always wanted to see Machu Picchu) and lake Titicaca the worlds highest navigable lake. Used my airline miles for the plane ticket so I've got my entire tax return for spending money. Truely the trip of a life time.

Awesome. I was supposed to go to Peru in October on a retreat but that fell through when my relationship ended. So much to do in that country, have a blast!

Buck
06-22-2010, 08:01 AM

Sweet deal man. Have fun. Don't try to smuggle coke back into the US though.

Lumpy
06-22-2010, 08:08 AM
No vacation for me. Never taken one... prolly never will. :(

:deevee::deevee::deevee:

:sulk:
Getting back to work now...

gblowfish
06-22-2010, 08:17 AM
What is this "vacation" of which you speak???

Mr. Plow
06-22-2010, 08:19 AM
http://www.countrystampede.com/

VIP is the only way to go.

Hutchinson, KS here in a month, the Bash and MNF in Sept.

I'm not sure why you are coming to Hutch, but it definitely isn't a vacation spot.

Alton deFlat
06-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Leaving for Austin and San Antonio on July 2.

ChiTown
06-22-2010, 08:30 AM
My wife and I went to Sedona in May - loved it!

We are taking the kids out to Colorado for two weeks at the end of July - it's an annual Colorado trip thingy we do. Fishing, river rafting, horseback riding, hiking, etc. My favorite trip of the year.:)

Alton deFlat
06-22-2010, 08:36 AM

I want to make that trip again in a few years. Beautiful place. Might hit Santa Fe, Flagstaff, and maybe Grand Canyon on the same trip.

Monty
06-22-2010, 08:37 AM

We are taking the kids out to Colorado for two weeks at the end of July - it's an annual Colorado trip thingy we do. Fishing, river rafting, horseback riding, hiking, etc. My favorite trip of the year.:)

We just got back from a trip to the Smoky Mountains doing just about the same thing. I took the Goldwing and rode the Tail of the Dragon as well. If any of you ride, I'd highly recommend it! :toast:

In July, my Dad and I are going to Colorado on another bike trip. Can't wait. :D

Lonewolf Ed
06-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I was in Denmark from May 13 to June 4 of this year. I miss it already.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I took a week off to be at the hospital and home with our newborn. Went by way too quickly, and wasn't very relaxing, but you know how it goes...

Mr. Plow
06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I took a week off to be at the hospital and home with our newborn. Went by way too quickly, and wasn't very relaxing, but you know how it goes...

Congrats!

bevischief
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure why you are coming to Hutch, but it definitely isn't a vacation spot.

Kansas Cosmosphere 25th anniversary and stop by Yoder.

58-4ever
06-22-2010, 10:49 AM
We went to the Big Island in Hawaii in February for about 9 days. I spent a month working in Pasadena in April, and the wife came down for the last week. So I've certainly seen my share of the beach lately. With a baby coming in late August, I'm trying to cram some free time in.

sportsman1
06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Went to Memphis, and Mississippi for two days. Used to live in Memphis. Jackson,MS was just pure random. I learned that nothing really is there but damn those things called trees? They were amazing!

El Jefe
06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Man that sucks, when did that happen?

El Jefe
06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
No vacation for me. Never taken one... prolly never will. :(

:deevee::deevee::deevee:

:sulk:
Getting back to work now...

How old are you? You've never had a vacation, seriously?

El Jefe
06-22-2010, 12:37 PM

That sounds freaking awesome, hope you have a blast mayne!

Lumpy
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
How old are you? You've never had a vacation, seriously?

Almost 32. The only thing that comes remotely close to me taking a vacation would have been my honeymoon, (went to a Chiefs game and hung out in St Joe for a couple of day). Hell, back then my employer was throwing a fit about me taking the time off... for my fuggin' honeymoon! Hello? Needless to say, I quit that job. When I was a kid, our vacations consisted of us going to the lake, so I wouldn't say it was technically a vacation.

But now, I'm just too busy playing "boss" at work, taking care of Gonzo Jr. and well, broke.

All I want to do is see Italy, damn it! :cuss:

Rain Man
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Awesome. I was supposed to go to Peru in October on a retreat but that fell through when my relationship ended. So much to do in that country, have a blast!

you severed diplomatic relations with peru?
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Almost 32. The only thing that comes remotely close to me taking a vacation would have been my honeymoon, (went to a Chiefs game and hung out in St Joe for a couple of day). Hell, back then my employer was throwing a fit about me taking the time off... for my fuggin' honeymoon! Hello? Needless to say, I quit that job. When I was a kid, our vacations consisted of us going to the lake, so I wouldn't say it was technically a vacation.

But now, I'm just too busy playing "boss" at work, taking care of Gonzo Jr. and well, broke.

We're broke? This is news to me.
Blowing our cash at the strip clubs again?

I think what you mean to say is between your job, a toddler, a mortgage and bills, a vacation is not in the budget and blowing our savings on a flight to spaghettiville might not be wise.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
06-22-2010, 01:08 PM

I feel sorry for you. Having to take care of Gonzo & Gonzo Jr. must be a fulltime job by itself. One, a baby is a fulltime job....but having to constantly remind Gonzo to not stick forks in the light sockets - you got it rough.

Lumpy
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
We're broke? This is news to me.
Blowing our cash at the strip clubs again?

I think what you mean to say is between your job, a toddler, a mortgage and bills, a vacation is not in the budget and blowing our savings on a flight to spaghettiville might not be wise.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Oops! Busted! Why do you think I always have 1's? :D

Lumpy
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I feel sorry for you. Having to take care of Gonzo & Gonzo Jr. must be a fulltime job by itself. One, a baby is a fulltime job....but having to constantly remind Gonzo to not stick forks in the light sockets - you got it rough.

Thx. It's a tough job, that's for sure. Oh and I can deter Gonzo from sticking forks in light sockets... I just wish he would stop pissing on the tv. :D

Frazod
06-22-2010, 01:19 PM

Enlist in the Navy - worked for me! :D

El Jefe
06-22-2010, 01:19 PM

Man that sucks, we never took family vacations either. Unless you consider driving 8 hours in the back of a station wagon for a funeral a vacation. I took my first vacation ever this year, it was an 8 day trip to Haiti. So you're working all the time and still not making bank? Sounds like me :(

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2010, 01:28 PM

That sucks I feel for you man. I try to save up and go on a major international vacation every two years. In 2008 I went to Costa Rica. This year I'm going to try not to freeze my ass off up in the Andes.

Lumpy
06-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Enlist in the Navy - worked for me! :D

I don't think Gonzo would be too thrilled about me being around a lot of seamen. :D

Man that sucks, we never took family vacations either. Unless you consider driving 8 hours in the back of a station wagon for a funeral a vacation. I took my first vacation ever this year, it was an 8 day trip to Haiti. So you're working all the time and still not making bank? Sounds like me :(

Yeah, I never counted funerals. I'm salary, so there's no limit on the amount of hrs I can work. But, I usually average a standard 40/wk. But, along w/ work, I have Gonzo Jr and housework. Gonzo helps out quite a bit though.

Frazod
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't think Gonzo would be too thrilled about me being around a lot of seamen. :D

The accommodations kind of suck, too.

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM

Yeah, I never counted funerals. I'm salary, so there's no limit on the amount of hrs I can work. But, I usually average a standard 40/wk. But, along w/ work, I have Gonzo Jr and housework. Gonzo helps out quite a bit though.

So do they give any opportunity to earn any vacation days?

Lumpy
06-22-2010, 01:42 PM
So do they give any opportunity to earn any vacation days?

Yeah, well, sort of. I accumulated damn near 2 months w/ all the roll-over vacation days so my boss just said to hell w/ keeping track. It's a lot more complicated than I'm going to get into on here. Let's just say that my boss "frowns" upon me taking any time off b/c I am his only employee. I guess he's afraid that all hell will break loose if I'm not here.

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah, well, sort of. I accumulated damn near 2 months w/ all the roll-over vacation days so my boss just said to hell w/ keeping track. It's a lot more complicated than I'm going to get into on here. Let's just say that my boss "frowns" upon me taking any time off b/c I am his only employee. I guess he's afraid that all hell will break loose if I'm not here.

That's bullshit he has no business stealing from you the days off that you've earned. Sadly that's the attitude of a lot of employers here in America. On average Americans get less vacation days than the rest of the industrialized world.

Mr. Plow
06-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Thx. It's a tough job, that's for sure. Oh and I can deter Gonzo from sticking forks in light sockets... I just wish he would stop pissing on the tv. :D

You just need to get some of that stuff that keeps cats from peeing in certain spots. It worked for my wife - now I only go in the corners.

El Jefe
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
That's bullshit he has no business stealing from you the days off that you've earned. Sadly that's the attitude of a lot of employers here in America. On average Americans get less vacation days than the rest of the industrialized world.

I agree with that completely.

Param
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Already went on a big trip in April. Now I'm thinking somewhere in South America in the fall.

Frazod
06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Already went on a big trip in April. Now I'm thinking somewhere in South America in the fall.

Rio's awesome that time of year. Especially if you're single.

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2010, 03:48 PM

Try Central America. Costa Rica is awesome.

Param
06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Rio's awesome that time of year. Especially if you're single.

Will be going with a gf.... hmm save rio?:D Se wants to head to Buenos Aires. Anyone been?

Param
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Try Central America. Costa Rica is awesome.

I hear nothing but good things about this place? Why? Is it the outdoor activites, beaches, and is it cheap? Talked to someone the other day said San Jose? (I think where u fly into) is boring and skip it. It's the capital, and is it rly that bad? I figure there would be things to do

KCHawg
06-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Went to Newport News, Va in January, Las Vegas in Feb-Mar (got to see the NASCAR race for free!), Hawaii for 2 weeks in May, Currently in Okinawa......More island hopping on the way home this fall. It's all for work, but the wife says it's vacation since the kids aren't with me. She should have to put up with some of the 'children' on these trips!

philfree
06-22-2010, 10:40 PM
I...well, We just rolled in from a 13-14 hour drive from PCB.

I think it was the best weather I've ever experienced there. It rained for most of the last day but not all and up till then it was low 90's every day that week.

Pure sunshine with no oil.

The prettiest I think I've ever seen the beach down toward Thomas Drive. The water was so clear....clearest I've ever seen it and flat.

The flattest I've ever seen it. Awsome!

Just Awsome!

I'm not a beach dude but it was a really good trip. I fear that the oil is going to hit soon but we beat it for our trip. They had found some tar balls on the west end of the beach the day before we left but the beach was still open.

I feel really fortunate to have spent time on the beach this past week because it may never be that nice again.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch
06-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Not for me this year. I'll be using most my comp time to take off for Chiefs games.

Having a $3it ton of 4 day work weeks will be nice though...:)

Lonewolf Ed
06-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I hear nothing but good things about this place? Why? Is it the outdoor activites, beaches, and is it cheap? Talked to someone the other day said San Jose? (I think where u fly into) is boring and skip it. It's the capital, and is it rly that bad? I figure there would be things to do

San Jose is one place you can fly into, the most common. It's the capital and not only that, half the population of the country lives there. The most interesting places are where the beaches are, the rain forests and cloud forests, and volcanoes. At Arenal Park, you can bathe in a stream at the foot of the volcano in water that is like a nice hot tub. At night, you can see streams of lava flowing down, bright orange. It's cool. The food is not what you'd expect from a Latin American country... sort of bland. The beer sucks, tastes like Miller Lite with a burnt nut aftertaste. The fruit, though, is fantastic.

Beware if you drive, too. The roads are in need of some major reworking. The major highway has no acceleration ramps, you just turn right onto it and go, if you can.

Rausch
06-23-2010, 12:10 AM
At Arenal Park, you can bathe in a stream at the foot of the volcano in water that is like a nice hot tub. At night, you can see streams of lava flowing down, bright orange. It's cool.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/98/400x400bd/98411_jeremy-piven-as-ari-gold-on-hbos-entourage.jpg

Lzen
06-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Wife and I are in Colorado now with our 3 kids and her parents and sister's kids doing the camping thing.

We went to the Garden of the Gods the other day. Pretty cool rock formations. And the trails are cool, too. Might go back with the bikes tomorrow.

Checked out the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo yesterday. That is the most unique zoo I have ever seen. And the view atop the Will Rogers shrine is amazing.

Plan to drive to Denver today to check out Six Flags.

arrowheadnation
06-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Vegas in 3 weeks and Royals vs. Yankees in August.

Mr. Plow
06-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Wife and I are in Colorado now with our 3 kids and her parents and sister's kids doing the camping thing.

We went to the Garden of the Gods the other day. Pretty cool rock formations. And the trails are cool, too. Might go back with the bikes tomorrow.

Checked out the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo yesterday. That is the most unique zoo I have ever seen. And the view atop the Will Rogers shrine is amazing.

Plan to drive to Denver today to check out Six Flags.

Stay away from the shots. :)

luv
06-23-2010, 09:18 AM
My vacation will be the bash/MNF in September. Exciting, huh?

El Jefe
06-23-2010, 09:27 AM

Ehh your young you have plenty of time for vacations.

PunkinDrublic
06-23-2010, 10:13 AM
San Jose is one place you can fly into, the most common. It's the capital and not only that, half the population of the country lives there. The most interesting places are where the beaches are, the rain forests and cloud forests, and volcanoes. At Arenal Park, you can bathe in a stream at the foot of the volcano in water that is like a nice hot tub. At night, you can see streams of lava flowing down, bright orange. It's cool. The food is not what you'd expect from a Latin American country... sort of bland. The beer sucks, tastes like Miller Lite with a burnt nut aftertaste. The fruit, though, is fantastic.

Beware if you drive, too. The roads are in need of some major reworking. The major highway has no acceleration ramps, you just turn right onto it and go, if you can.

I spent a day Tabacon that place is unreal. If I ever got married that's where I'd go for a honeymoon.

Param
06-23-2010, 10:18 AM

volcano? no sh1t. And you can watch the lava flow? Hmmmm, place does sound pretty cool. thx for post.

PunkinDrublic
06-23-2010, 10:22 AM
volcano? no sh1t. And you can watch the lava flow? Hmmmm, place does sound pretty cool. thx for post.

Look up Tabacon resort and spa. That's the main resort by Mt. Arenal. Also the Nicoya peninsula on the NW side is a cool area.

Dayze
06-23-2010, 10:29 AM
vacation? haven't had one of those in over 5 years.

a Chiefs game,...maybe a campout....that's about as 'vacation' as we can get.

but, if we did have vacatin time and $, I'd love to visit a bunch of places; Mt. Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Oregon, Alaska...

Rausch
06-23-2010, 10:30 AM

:shake:

Lonewolf Ed
06-23-2010, 11:12 AM

:shake:

Come now, it's not like that Icelandic volcano! I saw a few thin streams coming down the side of the volcano at night. The resort is far enough away that you won't get scalded to death if you take a dip in the stream. There are tons of howler monkeys closer to the volcano than the resort, so if they were afraid of it, they'd move away out into the rain forests.

kindra68
06-23-2010, 12:34 PM

That’s mine too :D well I’m gonna make it a vacation! starting September 3rd …Three-day, Labor Day weekend. ending with my birthday. I’ll go into work to do payroll then leave Friday the 10th for KC! Party till I puke and then be driven home. I’ll go back to work to do payroll then off for the weekend once more.
I hope I survive till the 20th

PunkinDrublic
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Just bought a r/t plane ticket to Costa Rica for $500. Leaving on a Tuesday and coming back memorial day. A buddy of mine has an uncle that has a house on the Pacific side of the country so we're going to stay for free. I'm pretty psyched.

LiveSteam
03-30-2011, 04:26 AM
Just bought a r/t plane ticket to Costa Rica for $500. Leaving on a Tuesday and coming back memorial day. A buddy of mine has an uncle that has a house on the Pacific side of the country so we're going to stay for free. I'm pretty psyched.

Back in the 90s I tracked humans in Costa Rica for a living. Mostly Nicaraguan guerrilla fighters. or kidnappers from Honduras.
Mostly we tracked bad men along the San Juan River, Frio River. God forbid they would make it to the Mountains or the rain forest. It could take weeks of tracking to apprehend them in the rain forest . Had malaria twice. Second time sent me home to the states for good.
I was a legend in Central America from 1990 to 96
I would tell you my real name. But then I would have to?
Watch your ass, so you dont come up missing.

NewChief
03-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Just got back from Palm Beach, FL. Despite the plethora of old geezers, it was a damned good time. So relaxing, and our kids absolutely love the beach. Since the mother-in-law is a snow bird with a condo there, we'll probably start making an annual trip spring break trip down there if we can budget for plane tickets.

We'll also go to the 30A area of Florida this summer with my side of the family. Other than that, we'll do some camping and spend a lot of time at the mother-in-law's lake house.

Life's pretty good in the leisure department for us.... but damn does our budget suffer for it.

tooge
03-30-2011, 08:22 AM
just got back from Santa Rosa Beach, Fl which is close to Destin. Great weather, went fishing for mackerel and tore em up on light tackle, ate fresh seafood every day, and drank lots of beer at the beach and whiskey nightcaps watching basketball. Great time. We go as a family every year.

NewChief
03-30-2011, 08:25 AM
just got back from Santa Rosa Beach, Fl which is close to Destin. Great weather, went fishing for mackerel and tore em up on light tackle, ate fresh seafood every day, and drank lots of beer at the beach and whiskey nightcaps watching basketball. Great time. We go as a family every year.

We did Santa Rosa last summer. Love it! Did you eat at Stinky's? It's phenomenal. We've finally convinced my family that 30A is superior to Destin.

Dartgod
03-30-2011, 08:30 AM
What is 30A?
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
03-30-2011, 08:47 AM
What is 30A?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a Highway that runs along the coast east of Destin. Places like Grayton Beach, Seaside, Watercolor, and Santa Rosa are on it. It's basically quoted and quainter than the insanity of Destin.

ChiTown
03-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Just got back (Sunday nite) from a week of skiing in Colorado. It was awesome!

DMAC
03-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Took mine the FIRST week in January. Starrrrrting to think that was stupid.

Went hiking on the St Joseph Pennisula in FL (awesome).

DaKCMan AP
03-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Just got back from Palm Beach, FL. Despite the plethora of old geezers, it was a damned good time. So relaxing, and our kids absolutely love the beach. Since the mother-in-law is a snow bird with a condo there, we'll probably start making an annual trip spring break trip down there if we can budget for plane tickets.

We'll also go to the 30A area of Florida this summer with my side of the family. Other than that, we'll do some camping and spend a lot of time at the mother-in-law's lake house.

Life's pretty good in the leisure department for us.... but damn does our budget suffer for it.

Took mine the FIRST week in January. Starrrrrting to think that was stupid.

Went hiking on the St Joseph Pennisula in FL (awesome).

Thanks for spending your tourism $$ in the Sunshine state. :thumb:

KCKID58
03-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Leaving tomorrow. RRC explorer of the sea. 9 days on the ocean blue

luv
03-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Flew to Orlando/Sanford, went to Universal Studios, spent a few days in Daytona Beach, and drove up and had lunch with a friend in Orange Park. Love the drive up and down 95.

DMAC
03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Flew to Orlando/Sanford, went to Universal Studios, spent a few days in Daytona Beach, and drove up and had lunch with a friend in Orange Park. Love the drive up and down 95.

Really?

luv
03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Really?

No, I'm lying.

DMAC
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks for spending your tourism $$ in the Sunshine state. :thumb:

I did spend a shit ton. It was supposed to be a cheap trip.

DMAC
03-30-2011, 10:00 AM
No, I'm lying.

You are a certified rascal. ERR

Steron
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
The family and I spent a week in Disney World in February. Going to the shore in June for a week. Then I'm off for 10 days in December. I am "stay"cationing for that one.

King_Chief_Fan
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
A couple of weeks ago we took 8 days at an all inclusive in Jamaica......mon!

tooge
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
We did Santa Rosa last summer. Love it! Did you eat at Stinky's? It's phenomenal. We've finally convinced my family that 30A is superior to Destin.

we eat breakfast at stinky's every day (actually its the Liars cafe which is run by stinky's next door). I had crawfish etuffe' and grits one day, beef grillade and grits one day, and eggs benedict the other day. The crawfish etuffe was the best thing I've ever eaten for breakfast even gthough it doesn't sound like breakfast food.

NewChief
03-30-2011, 12:47 PM
we eat breakfast at stinky's every day (actually its the Liars cafe which is run by stinky's next door). I had crawfish etuffe' and grits one day, beef grillade and grits one day, and eggs benedict the other day. The crawfish etuffe was the best thing I've ever eaten for breakfast even gthough it doesn't sound like breakfast food.

Nice. I've never eaten breakfast there, only dinner.

We're actually staying in Sea Grove this year, so we'll be closer to Seaside but further from Dune Allen/Santa Rosa. Seaside has some damned good eateries too, though.

http://www.thegreatsoutherncafe.com/

tooge
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Nice. I've never eaten breakfast there, only dinner.

We're actually staying in Sea Grove this year, so we'll be closer to Seaside but further from Dune Allen/Santa Rosa. Seaside has some damned good eateries too, though.

http://www.thegreatsoutherncafe.com/

Great Southern is good. We go up to Seaside on two nights for the taco bar in town there and to hear live music. Gotta tell ya though, Liars Cafe was recommended to us by an employee of the Red Bar in Grayton, and once we went there and told all our friends that go with us (17 families all together this year in about 8 houses), everyone agreed it is the best breakfast ever. Owner/chef Todd is a master, and he makes a killer bloody mary also. If you go there, tell him you know the guy from KC that makes the Bloody Buddeez bloody mary garnish. We talked alot about pickling stuff.

Bearcat
03-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Went to Seattle last year for Bumbershoot... highly recommended. Going to Myrtle Beach this year with a group of ~20 family members. Should be interesting.

Really?

lol

MOhillbilly
03-30-2011, 03:38 PM
yes. twice. had fun.

NewChief
03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Great Southern is good. We go up to Seaside on two nights for the taco bar in town there and to hear live music. Gotta tell ya though, Liars Cafe was recommended to us by an employee of the Red Bar in Grayton, and once we went there and told all our friends that go with us (17 families all together this year in about 8 houses), everyone agreed it is the best breakfast ever. Owner/chef Todd is a master, and he makes a killer bloody mary also. If you go there, tell him you know the guy from KC that makes the Bloody Buddeez bloody mary garnish. We talked alot about pickling stuff.

My wife and I may have to get up early and head down there to breakfast without the kids one morning. And yes, Chef Todd is pretty amazing. We were actually blown away by the quality of our meals. As in... my wife said it was one of the top meals she ate last year, and she gets to eat at some pretty awesome restaurants (NYC, Atlanta, LA) with her job.

PunkinDrublic
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
You guys are making me feel unpatriotic for spending my tourist dollars outside the U.S. But Costa Rica beckons me with it's beautiful scenery and affordable prostitutes.

TinyEvel
03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I just got a notice that I have 42 unused vacation days carried over from the last two years. I'm going to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks and Disney World in the fall. And hopefully a bunch of staycations in between.

NewChief
03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I just got a notice that I have 42 unused vacation days carried over from the last two years. I'm going to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks and Disney World in the fall. And hopefully a bunch of staycations in between.

Are you hiking into the bottom of the Canyon? Also, eat at El Tovar while you're there.

mlyonsd
03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
SF in January.
Deadwood Black Hills for the Mardi Gras....where our float won money for best theme float I might add...
Lake of the Woods ice fishing two weeks ago. Great time, lots of fish.

A bit if a lull now until June when we go down to Florida on Captiva and visit the grandkids.

tooge
03-31-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm going to Mille Lacs in Minn. for some hopefully incredible walleye fising. We went up last year and caught more 5 to 7 lb walleye than I could count. There is a slot limit, so we can only keep a few of the under 18 inch guys for a fish fry. Going first week of June

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
We've rented this cabin at Broken Bow for June.

http://www.heartpinehollow.com/images/cabin_photos/CP-Outside.jpg

We're taking the boat. It should be a good time.

DaKCMan AP
03-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Went to Israel in late January and was planning a September trip to Morocco, but with current events any trip to that region has been postponed. Been traveling for work lately, but need to plan a trip somewhere (preferably international) for later this year.

mlyonsd
03-31-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm going to Mille Lacs in Minn. for some hopefully incredible walleye fising. We went up last year and caught more 5 to 7 lb walleye than I could count. There is a slot limit, so we can only keep a few of the under 18 inch guys for a fish fry. Going first week of June

If you get bored with walleyes the smallmouths on the southern end rock beds are a blast.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm leaving for vacation in the morning. It seems weird taking a vacation when I haven't worked in 2 months but it will be nice to sit on the lake all day.

Over-Head
06-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Now that the Canuck buck is back nice and strong, were gonna spend a few down at Disney in FL later this fall. Lil guy's gonna go NUTTS

crispystl
06-19-2011, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Bearcat;7527291]Went to Seattle last year for Bumbershoot... highly recommended. Going to Myrtle Beach this year with a group of ~20 family members. Should be interesting.

We go to Myrtle Beach every year I really enjoy it there.

crispystl
06-19-2011, 05:00 PM
We've rented this cabin at Broken Bow for June.

http://www.heartpinehollow.com/images/cabin_photos/CP-Outside.jpg

We're taking the boat. It should be a good time.

I've seen that house. It's the Estate map on COD MWF 2

DaKCMan AP
06-19-2011, 07:16 PM
It's been almost six months since Israel. I need to plan a trip for later this year or early next, though I've been traveling a lot for work recently.

Munson
06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
I went to San Diego last month. Stayed for a week, and didn't want to return to KC. I played the north and south course at Torrey Pines. Its the best, most scenic 36 holes of golf I've ever played.

headsnap
06-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Just got back from Santa Fe, MN...

Had a blast...

Deberg_1990
06-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Just got back from Disneyland Resort in Cali. Weather was superb all week long and the kids and fam all had a great time.

IMO Disneyland is better than Florida because of the weather and its easier to walk everywhere.

Discuss Thrower
06-19-2011, 09:16 PM
I've been to Lexington, KY for a wedding, have booked a flight to Puerto Vallarta for August, and am almost certain of driving my ass down to Hattiesburg, MS to get inebriated for my birthday.

NewChief
06-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Just got back from Santa Fe, MN...

Had a blast...

One of our favorite places in the world.

RJ
06-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Just got back from Disneyland Resort in Cali. Weather was superb all week long and the kids and fam all had a great time.

IMO Disneyland is better than Florida because of the weather and its easier to walk everywhere.

Heading there at the end of July. I've never been to a Disney anything, looking forward to taking my daughter.

SuperChief
06-20-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm going to LA and San Diego this Thursday! Woot! My lady friend has never seen California, so I thought I would take her for a quick little visit - only going to be there about 5 days or so.

I have a friend that just got her MBA and moved to NYC; we'll be taking a trip to see her around Christmas. I'm looking forward to both trips, but something about New York always gets me pumped. I love the city.

PhillyChiefFan
06-20-2011, 08:58 AM
First day back after my vacation to the Outer Banks, NC....

Hating being back...

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Got back from Broken Bow, OK last night. Great lake. Great cabin. I reccomend it to anyone.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-25-2011, 09:02 AM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/4ccbeb79-f817-a4fe.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/4ccbeb79-f834-a1b1.jpg

- CFoD -

chiefqueen
06-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Took one to FLA in April (had to use frequent flyer trip or lose it)

Going to MD in Sept.

Beerthirty
06-25-2011, 09:14 AM
St Joseph to Deadwood SD (Robaiux Lake) over through the Bighorn Mountains, then to Cody Wyoming camping at (Newton Creek) camping. 2 weeks. Gotta love the mountains!:thumb: Starting July 8th

Renegade
06-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Heading to Costa Rica in 3 weeks

DaKCMan AP
08-12-2011, 12:20 PM
It's been almost six months since Israel. I need to plan a trip for later this year or early next, though I've been traveling a lot for work recently.

Done.

Peru later this year is officially booked! PBJ

http://www.peru-machu-picchu.com/pics/machu-picchu-1.jpg

ModSocks
08-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Spent this last weekend in Vegas. Stayed at Paris and was drunk pretty much everyday. Won some, lost some. Drank a lot and had my first $200.00 dinner for two. Best steak I ever had though.

PunkinDrublic
08-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Just booked my hotel room at the Knights Inn in beautiful Overland Park, Kansas for the Chiefs season opener.

SuperChief
08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm glad this popped back up - I'm going to be driving through Vegas on my way to SoCal - never been there (Vegas) before. I'll only be there a short while. What's something worthwhile to do there, i.e. a sight to see, a place to eat, etc.?

ModSocks
08-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm glad this popped back up - I'm going to be driving through Vegas on my way to SoCal - never been there (Vegas) before. I'll only be there a short while. What's something worthwhile to do there, i.e. a sight to see, a place to eat, etc.?

O' Rlly?

There isn't really "A" place to see or "A" place to eat. There is so much in these massive hotels that it's really overwhelming. Cruise the strip, try to take it all in. The best Hotels to admire are the Venetian, Cesars Palace, Belagio, Paris, Palazzo, and the new City Center.

Eat? Pick a place. Most of these hotels have delicious food. Some will suck the money right out of your wallet.

ModSocks
08-12-2011, 12:37 PM
The best thing about Vegas is the unlimited drinks that you can walk around with. Grab a drink at Planet Hollywood, go walk around, leave the glass at Cesars Palace and grab another drink.

Tits and Ass EVERYWHERE. It's disneyland for adults.

OnTheWarpath15
08-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Spent this last weekend in Vegas. Stayed at Paris and was drunk pretty much everyday. Won some, lost some. Drank a lot and had my first $200.00 dinner for two. Best steak I ever had though.

Where did you have dinner?

damaticous
08-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Going to Monroe, WA next week to visit the wife's family (she left today). going to go on at least 1 hike if not 2-3, but I want to pick some berries (to make some more blackberry wine). I'm thinking of either fishing in the Puget sound or canoeing down the Skykomish river. haven't decided yet.

either way, I'll just be glad to get away from my job and home life for a while...even if it is only for a week.

DaKCMan AP
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Back from Peru. Amazing. Epic.

Awesome.

A few previews.

DaKCMan AP
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM

DaKCMan AP
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Slainte
11-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Looks like a good time. Peru is on my vacation short list, Machu Picchu in particular. Just got back from 5 days in Bucharest. Bet it was less awesome then yours...

Rain Man
11-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Back from Peru. Amazing. Epic.

Awesome.

A few previews.

Great pictures. I'm really wanting to go there.

A few questions:

1. Did you go with a group or independently? One photo seems to show a group of people. And would you recommend one over the other?

2. Did you hike up or take the train? And which would you recommend?

3. Did you do any of the Amazon River stuff in Peru? I'm intrigued by doing a river cruise to Manaus from Iquitos.

4. Other than Macchu Picchu, anything else there that you'd recommend? Was that Rio in some pictures or another big Jesus signalling unsportsmanlike conduct?

DaKCMan AP
11-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Great pictures. I'm really wanting to go there.

A few questions:

1. Did you go with a group or independently? One photo seems to show a group of people. And would you recommend one over the other?

2. Did you hike up or take the train? And which would you recommend?

3. Did you do any of the Amazon River stuff in Peru? I'm intrigued by doing a river cruise to Manaus from Iquitos.

4. Other than Macchu Picchu, anything else there that you'd recommend? Was that Rio in some pictures or another big Jesus signalling unsportsmanlike conduct?

1. I traveled with 3 other friends so we were a group of 4. It was the perfect size. I wanted at least 1 travel partner and no more than a total of 6 people. The larger group was our trek group. There were 15 of us, 2 guides, and about 22 porters. The trek and airfare were the only things we booked well in advance (the trek requires permits and you have to book with a tour operator). We finalized our accommodations for the trip only a couple of weeks prior to leaving and anything else we left for while we were there.

2. We did a 4D/3N trek. If you're physically able I recommend it. It was unbelievable. It's no walk in the park. You hike 35 miles over 4 days going straight up and straight down reaching 3 summits. Day 2 is killer when you reach a maximum altitude of 4215m (13,800 feet) with a climb of about 3000ft. You'll definitely appreciate it much more than the people who just take a train to Machu Picchu. You also visit several ruins/terraces along the trek and those are actually cooler than Machu Picchu because you're the only ones there instead of the thousands of tourists at the final destination.

3. We didn't have time to do any jungle stuff.

4. Our trip was only 10 days. We spent 1.5 days in Lima which was enough. It's a city. We spent 4 days in Cusco. LOVED Cusco. From there you can visit other ruins (Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, etc.). Other people we met were going to Puno and Lake Titicaca and Nazca to see the Nazca lines which I would have loved to had time for our trip. Many of the people on our trek were in South America for an extended time and were also visiting Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil. We weren't in Rio, unfortunately (another trip I hope). The big Jesus pictured is near Sacsayhuaman in Cusco.

Psyko Tek
11-14-2011, 06:52 PM
I spent 5 days in nebraska
with family
my highlight

watching my nephew play in a JV football game

reality , I now remember every reason I left that state

in 3 weeks I go to cancun for my company christmas party
4 days 3 nights
all inclusive

much better

PunkinDrublic
11-14-2011, 07:00 PM
1. I traveled with 3 other friends so we were a group of 4. It was the perfect size. I wanted at least 1 travel partner and no more than a total of 6 people. The larger group was our trek group. There were 15 of us, 2 guides, and about 22 porters. The trek and airfare were the only things we booked well in advance (the trek requires permits and you have to book with a tour operator). We finalized our accommodations for the trip only a couple of weeks prior to leaving and anything else we left for while we were there.

2. We did a 4D/3N trek. If you're physically able I recommend it. It was unbelievable. It's no walk in the park. You hike 35 miles over 4 days going straight up and straight down reaching 3 summits. Day 2 is killer when you reach a maximum altitude of 4215m (13,800 feet) with a climb of about 3000ft. You'll definitely appreciate it much more than the people who just take a train to Machu Picchu. You also visit several ruins/terraces along the trek and those are actually cooler than Machu Picchu because you're the only ones there instead of the thousands of tourists at the final destination.

3. We didn't have time to do any jungle stuff.

4. Our trip was only 10 days. We spent 1.5 days in Lima which was enough. It's a city. We spent 4 days in Cusco. LOVED Cusco. From there you can visit other ruins (Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, etc.). Other people we met were going to Puno and Lake Titicaca and Nazca to see the Nazca lines which I would have loved to had time for our trip. Many of the people on our trek were in South America for an extended time and were also visiting Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil. We weren't in Rio, unfortunately (another trip I hope). The big Jesus pictured is near Sacsayhuaman in Cusco.

Glad you had a good trip man. I took the train to Machu Picchu when I was there. I'm sure the hike is a better way to do it but I really wanted to go to Lake Titicaca and spend the night on one of the islands so that's what I ended up doing. If I would have had more time and money I would have loved to go to Bolivia. La Paz seems like a very interesting City to visit.

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Going to Florida for a week over Xmas to visit my son.

DaKCMan AP
11-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Going to Florida for a week over Xmas to visit my son.

Spend lots of $$. ;)

moninghaly
11-15-2011, 08:16 AM
haha money is secondary to happiness

RockChalk
11-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Headed to Hawaii in early December. Staying in Maui.

Anything particular I should do? One day will be spent island hopping so that I can do a Pearl Harbor tour

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Musée du Louvre

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8181/8025039539_cba2050ca7_c.jpg

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Notre Dame

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8170/8025041115_b4b7b97f3e_c.jpg

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2012, 06:56 PM
L'Hôtel national des Invalides

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8457/8025045399_05b403f574_c.jpg